Discuss

Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

princeton.edu/~rbenabou/papers/Religion December 1g_snd.pdf
nber.org/papers/w21052.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Enlightenment
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why do science and innovation thrive most in predominantly Christian countries?

Strawman, religion has nothing to do with science and innovation.

this looks more like politics.
religion would be searching the truth.
science is skewing the truth for gain.

It can suppress it.

Russia went full anti-religion in the 1960's, completely fell out of touch with science and innovation. Explanation?

I thought it was because of St Thomas Aquinas, who argued that reason and faith are compatible

Both are equally valid perspectives. Hillary Clinton will ensure all Americans are heard whether they are documented or not.

>who argued that reason and faith are compatible
What a retard,
How does religion cause science and innovation if one of the key points in Retardianity is to act like a sandnigger in the iron age?

I am now a #GodlessMissile

really made me discuss

More like:
>WE WANT YOU TO BE OUR SLAVES! ALLAHU AKBAR!

>FUCK OFF!

mostly perspective of someone who is le neutral and le above everyone else because they are stupid nd i m smurt

They were already out of touch with both in the 1920s

>correlation
>causation
>what are these things

More like:
>BELIEVE IN OUR GOD INFIDELL

>NO FUCK OFF AND BELIEVE IN OUR GOD

>long noses

Tje joke would be more pointed of the answers were not even numbers. Like a drawing of a duck
>religion would be searching the truth
There's no truth to be found in religion.

fuck off proxy poster
last time you were posting under a panama flag

>correlation: when I don't like something
>causation: when I like something

>religion
>truth

Because religion became less important in society after the religious wars between protestantism and catholicism in Europe.

More fair would be this

>one side "2+2 = 4"
>otherside "4 = 2+2"
Or even
>4 = 2 + 1 + 1

Than why hasn't your native Algeria ever contributed anything to science?

*tips fedora*

G-d is real it says so in the Bible!

*tips fedora*

Last I checked THE BIBLE was true from start to finish.

Because Mongols burned Baghdad and China. Seriously though, the late middle ages were the perfect time for Christendom. The Bubonic plague crippled serfdom in Europe allowing for the rise of a middle class and educated elites. Not long before that the Mongols rose to prominence and destroyed China and the power of Islamic states in the middle east.

Before the Mongols arrived Baghdad was in fact a center of learning and a bigger and more prosperous city than any in Europe, and the Mongols burned it to the ground because they are subhuman filth. At least when the Turks and Arabs conquered Persia they realized they had conquered a superior culture and adopted ideas from them and to some extent integrated with the local culture. Mongols just burned that shit to the ground.

Combine that with centuries of decay as Persia remained an isolationist state that accomplished nothing and the Ottoman empire conquered the core territories of Islam and fell into a slow decline and it is easy to see why the middle east is such a shithole. Honestly though I blame Baathism for the current state of the middle east. It was successful enough to radicalize Islam by enforcing secularism but not successful enough to actually accomplish its goal of a pan-arab union which could have controlled the rise of radical Islam.

We haven't had a strict enough system and let them their culture. If we have educated them to a decent level we would still have our colonies.

>I'm retarded
Oh ok then why didn't you say so before

What about Adam and Eve? What about the great flood?
>inb4 allegory

is there anything more annoying than atheist roleplayers that ignorantly talk about things they haven't looked into?

When did you last check? The year 50?

If it's in The Bible, it happened. End of.

This is what you look like questioning G-d's word btw.

And then there are atheists who claim the answer doesn't exist.

Because Christianity allows a nation to be secular without death penalties for being secular and leaving the faith.

That's why Christianity is the West's religion. It allows for the Western enlightenment that lets us grow.

>Because Christianity allows a nation to be secular without death penalties for being secular and leaving the faith.
HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

>havent looked into

Why do you think they became atheists in the first place?

How?

Fuck off nigger, find me a country that isn't shit or Japanese (Which was beat into shape by a Christian nation) that isn't majority Christian and not a terrible fucking place.

Some Christian countries are shit holes, like South America and Africa.
But nearly all decent countries stem from Christian majority nations that, and get this, believe in not killing you for leaving the religion.

its not as simple as that, these religions often form different cultures and these cultures clashed for supremacy
also the crusades period was not a 1v1 but a 1v1v1

i should also add that in this period armors were pretty A E S T H I C

That isn't a strawman, you underage frog. You may be able to argue that it's a red herring though, assuming your faggot-ass learns how to do logic.

In a sane, functional society that values innovation and scientific advancement above niggers, shekels and rape, religion and science need not conflict

And if religion were on the decline, it should be allowed to simply become history as we as a species continue to move forward
the issue with today's Western world is that non-belief is so riddled with degenerate manchild nonsense and outside of that we're filling our countries with Islam, which is quite frankly one of the fucking WORST world religions for science and innovation

> m-muh Middle Eastern cultures during the dark ages

Yes and they did well, shame they turned into a bunch of niggers in today's world

>Christians are this stupid
Those countries are up to par because of the race of the populations not the religion dumbass. Even christian sandnigger countries were shitholes.

And to add to that, is it just me or have we as a society abandoned and pushed "evolution" away into the shadows because it conflicts with our society's world view: that all humans are equal

I swear to fucking christ after all the shit that theory went through only to once again be kicked under the rug and have humanity placed upon a pedestal above and separate from the animal kingdom and the rules of nature and evolution

>Whites adopted Christianity
>It works with western ways and can live well within White society

Fuck off nigger.

Religion is proof humans are stupid monkeys if it is needed to keep them civilized.

I don't see religion as a bad thing, simply a tool that has been abused by those in power

A tool that was once used to explain the phenomena and events around us (storms, stars, celestial events, etc)

It was, quite naturally, slowly becoming obsolete until suddenly the West decided to fill it's virgin pussy with a thousand niggers

Accurate.

no

For reasons unrelated to religion. It has been shown that religion stifles innovation.

princeton.edu/~rbenabou/papers/Religion December 1g_snd.pdf
nber.org/papers/w21052.pdf

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Enlightenment

*tips*

>Classical europe brings about the most beautiful art and literature known to man
>Secularism takes over and pissing into jars becomes art
(((religion stifles innovation)))

Where are the kikes on that pic?

>It works with western ways
Because Europeans arent even fully obeying their sandnigger religion.

Read the papers you dumb shitposter.