Never really watched this back in the day...

Never really watched this back in the day, but I'm going to start watching an episode a day with the plan of getting through it all in the next year or so. What am I in for, anons?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/hCE7kDV.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You're in for a fun ride, user. Strap in for THE TRUTH

Have a viewer's guide i.imgur.com/hCE7kDV.png

A fun ride with some bumps here and there.

brilliant tv for the first 5 seasons
great tv for first half of season 6
hit and miss for the rest of the series
a retarded series finale

OP here. I watched the pilot episode this morning and thought it was pretty good. Duchovny and Anderson look so young. I liked how low key everything was too.

The videos I have are in HD - I guess they must have used film when they were recording them?

Enjoy bro. The X-Files is amazing tv. Even the last few seasons and the revival.

Only downfall is the second movie and some boring phony episodes like The Field where I died and the one with Moby soundtrack the one Gillian directed.

Seconded. The First 5 seasons are great, apparently because the main studio was in Montreal or something, but then they got bought/moved to Cali and the quality started going down from there.

vancouver. they moved to la because duchovny whined about being away from his wife, then proceeded to leave the show a year later because it was really about his ego and money.

Seasons 2-5 are fucking brilliant. Seasons 1 & 6 are mostly good. Season 8 is ok. Season 7 is passable. Season 9 is awful but it does have one of the greatest episodes of the whole series (John Doe).
Overall, it's a great show, specially considering the amount of episodes per season it had.

Yup

>and the one with Moby soundtrack the one Gillian directed.

Shit ep but at least it progressed their characters

skip this one spot

>Post-Modern Prometheus
>not GOAT

Disappointing.

This guy gets it. Also Season 8 is great too, thanks to DogBoy

I started watching it a few days ago, it's surprisingly good, the writing is generally solid.

Better than Fringe I think.

>What am I in for?
The truth

What the hell is MOTW

milf of the week

A television show.

>what am I in for?
masturbating to Gillian Anderson

this

I had extreme reservations when Doggett and Reyes took over, but they really grew on me. In retrospect season 8 and even some of 9 were good.

The Monster of the Week episodes were by far my favorite. I was glad they did one during this current run with that lizard dude.

mommy gillian>90's gillian

False

Later season Gillian > Pilot Gillian > Early Season Gillian

They did 3 MotW episodes. Only the first and last mythology and the fifth was kind of an hybrid (and one of the worst of the whole show).

>They did 3
Damn, maybe I should lay off the pot... My buddy asked if I had seen Archer and I said no. So I went home to watch it on Netflix and apparently I watched the first 4 seasons who knows when.

Maybe you have a squatter