The third movie is always the worst one

>The third movie is always the worst one.

lol, wtf? they literally shit on their own movie with this line.

They shit on X3.

It just turned out to also be a self fulfilling prophecy.

>lol, wtf? they literally shit on their own movie with this line.

I'll take Self Deprecating Jokes for $100, Alex.

They thought they were shitting on X3, without realizing that this counts as the "third one" if you're starting at the soft restart in First Class

Basically it just backfired because they're dumb

meta

hypercrisis my man

>It just turned out to also be a self fulfilling prophecy.

And that's one big reason why you shouldn't talk shit, in general.

She mean the X men should be returned to Marvel

they've been shitting all over themselves the whole time, how have you not caught on?
>would you prefer yellow spandex?

Well third movies are usually the worst anyway.

I couldn't get over how she looked fine the entire movie then took a hard nosedive into complete shit as soon as she put on the flight suit

How many trilogies had there been by 1983? It doesn't even make sense unless they're speaking from a place where movie franchises have existed long enough that a bunch of third installments have come out and been shit. These idiots literally walk out of Jedi and declare from here on out all third installments are bad? So dumb.

Wish you would post the whole conversation. Scott defends the first saying without that you couldn't have the others. I forget how the rest goes.

Marvel would ruin it further by combining it with the existing movie universe

Jean actress was terrible.

Jean is a terrible character.

Jaws 3
Poltergeist 3
Spider-Man 3
Shrek The Third
Austin Powers Goldmember
Batman Forever

This. The only acceptable crossover would be with Deadpool & Cable. If they tried to integrate more X characters with the Avengers it would be a worse clusterfuck than the Avengers already is.

So is Apocalypse, its like poetry.

>Civil War

>1983

>meta commentary

>didn't read the post he was replying to

>by 1983

The guy was asking how many third installments existed in 1983

Mutants should stay far away from the MCU. Though Id accept Wolverine since Jackman is pretty much done and FOX is shifting towards X23. So if Marvel must, just do something similar to what they did with the twins: Weapon X created him, both healing factor and bones, doesnt remember anything, and boom has the classic costume

>I was only pretending to be retarded

So you didn't actually read the post you were responding to

I get that this was meant to be a big "fuck you" to Brett Ranter for botching everything about X3 that didn't involve Kelsey Grammer, but fuck me it can be taken so many different ways.

>Apocalypse is the worst of the new X-Men trilogy (true)

>Civil War is the worst Cap movie (false)

>Justice League will somehow be worse than BvS (plausible)

>they literally shit on their own movie
>literally shit on
>LITERALLY
That's gross. What are they, the AVGN?

But the third Star Wars movie prequel was the best.

>What are outliers

Looks like a tranny

By any reasonable standards, Revenge of the Sith is an atrocious movie itself. It's just that Attack of the Clones is genuinely one of the worst movies ever made.

"Trilogies" as such, not many, but quite a few franchises had gone past three movies. James Bond, of course (though Goldfinger is considered one of the best), Planet of the Apes, the Airport movies (not well remembered now, the Airplane! movies spoofed them), Jaws, Halloween, Friday the 13th. Star Trek would have its third film the following year. There's nothing new about Hollywood milking sequels.

Godfather 3 was the original and strongest argument for the trend.

I honestly expected them to have an after credits of the Old X-Men actors coming out of Phantom Menace in 1999. I'm happy they didn't sink so low.

That would have been hilarious.
Especially with Alan Cumming.

That's the twelfth movie though.

The third is... Iron Man 2.

Would you look at that. Justice League part one should break the scale.

Return of the Jedi came out in 83

yeah that confused me

like, it was clear they were trying to take a shit on X3, but did they not realize it could easily be applied to this film too?

I want to believe it was intentional, but even then, why admit your movie sucks, even if it does?

The movie was FULL of stupid little jokes and references, both like this and in general reference to the comics.

I definitely got the "We don't give a shit any more. Hurry up and move on to the next one with the better cast." vibe from the entire movie, but it was still fun as fuck and enjoyable to watch. Will probably go see it again before it stops running.