Lets discuss this movie

lets discuss this movie

am i the only one who thought this movie could be 10 times better if not directed by someone completely incompetent?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SMg5lZFF2pM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Guess so.

Loved the practical effects and the atmosphere, but it needed something else going on besides basically being "John Carpenter's greatest hits." Also the cultists were severely underused.

why didnt they just shoot the cultists and gtfo with a car anyways?

the first act was great

then they sort of ruined it by having a John Galt speech take up the entire second act, and they really just ripped off Hellraiser's cenobites for the third.

youtube.com/watch?v=SMg5lZFF2pM

some of the effects are good but who in hell thought the whole "hacking down monster that doesnt fight while audience gets blinded by flashing lights for 2-3 minutes" was a good scene

So this is literally the thing meets Prince of Darkness?

yeah thats a way to describe it

but apart from basic concepts and visuals its not nearly as good

Well I'm glad I didn't bother watching this movie. Had been on the fence about it.

>Prince of Darkness
Such an underrated movie

Its one of old Johnnys best works honestly followed of course by in the mouth of madness.

The movie was a disaster. The plot made no sense. The plot was all over the place. Weird gore does not equal a good movie. It sucked.

Assault on Precint 13th meets The Thing, introduces it to Prince of Darkness

It had all the ingredients to be great but it fails for some reason.

it fails because its just filmed so fucking bad

just look at the youtube vid and in every single scene there are several things a competent director would NEVER let happen

The plot makes complete sense.

>Doctor wants to bring his daughter back
>experiments with occultism stuff to do so

The power of the void was like Silent Hill where it can modify reality and create non-euclidean areas and stuff.

The acting was all over the place.

The movie its meta it asumes you already watched some dimentional horror like event horizon and hellriser 2 from there you can feel its a homage or some shit.

>Tfw no Dreams Within the Witch House movie all about a crazy man starring at the corners of his room until he pierces the veil of our reality and travels through reality.

>practicalfags will defend this

DUDE TRIANGLES LMAO

Yeah, his Apoc Trilogy is fantastic. Mouth of Madness has stuck with me though. Weird eldritch happenings spread memetically? Fucking great stuff man.

I enjoyed it overall, really gave me a sort of From Beyond vibe.

really the only scene I didn't like.