/trek/

Was this nigga a Q or what

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DfTaMzV4oFo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How can DS9 be so fucking good? I expected it to be shit but i hate to admit it, i'm enjoying it far more than i did TNG.

Picard still best captain.
Fuck off Shatner.

i was just watching cl ips from ds9 this afternoon
sorry but its really fucking bad, like B-level movie but applied to a tv series, bad acting, goofy writing, lazy humor

Had to be a Q.

Brooks, go home. Your show was shit.

It had a good mix of likable characters. Even Dukat was likable at one point. It brought in TNG characters too which helped people transition from TNG to DS9.

it also had actors who people knew from other shows/movies like Odo.

>it's a bajoran episode
>it's a nog/jake episode
>it's a politics episode
>it's a time travel episode

Why didn't he just make everyone on the planet come back to life?

then the Enterprise wouldnt have bugged him

He literally calls himself a Douwd

He can manipulate matter. He's a creature much like Kurt Russell's character, Ego. All Matter has its own frequency. He can send out a signal strong enough to nullify all matter with a type of frequency. Q are not matter so he couldn't touch them.

El Aurians either because they're extra dimensional or they could absorb or mainpulate time or something.

>He's a creature much like Kurt Russell's character, Ego.
Sorry, I don't speak capeshit.

We're talking about fantastical beings, man. Be they capekino or scifi kino, they're all the same birds, man.

>O'Brien tells Sisko he's the best captain he's served under
Why would he lie like that?

Is the Kelsey Grammer episode GOAT?

What really pisses me off, man is of how the guys who runs the shit decides to do some dyke feminist show in lieu of actual star trek shows man. World's gone pro retarded, man.
I remember when you had episodes of shows that were told because they were cool and not because you wanted fags and other minorities all up in your stuff. I Just want cool shit. it's like Stargate. Interesting stories until they wanted to introduce fags then they killed it just to do that and destroyed an entire series. What a bunch of idiots.

Why are you responding to me with that crap? Are you drunk or high or something?

Sisko runs successfully a space station that's literally at the brink of war. I don't think Picard woulda done well with that type of thing. Sisko was able to see the full story and make a choice, some one like PIcard would stick to the rules until the bitter end.

Im surprised Janeway didnt just shove him into the recycling unit and turn his matter into Coffee desu

She must have been in a really good mood

I'm saying television is dead. There's nothing on but garbage. Doctor Who, Dead. This new Star Trek, Dead. It's all dead. It's all propaganda. I hate them all for what they've done. I remember watching Classical Trek with my family during syndication. You actually sat with your family and discussed episodes. Everyone had a say. TNG was pretty much the same. Even DS9 was boss because in College everyone would take endlessly about it. Voyager not so much but it had cool episodes too.

Janeway was a bit of an odd ball, she was up, she was down, she went left, she went right. And most of their trouble was stuff she just waltzed into.

There's only one way to be certain

Picard never would have let himself get involved with the Bajorans as much as Sisko did

Anyone who doesn't like Darmok has double-digit IQ, plain and simple.

Why are you saying that in response to my post? Your sad, drunken rant has nothing to do with what I said.

Was he, dare say it, our /fear/?

The ending to this episode is one of my favorites in all of Trek

I guess Vince Gilligan liked Voyager.

What's up with all of the omnipotent forces they come across and never address again? Other than Q

Kirk talked them out of their powers.

Is this Sauls brother?

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

The devil has many faces. Including the actual devil, on both TAS and TNG

>It's a Q episode
>It's a Troi episode
>It's a Crusher episode
>It's a warp hurts space episode
>It's a Kirk talks his way out of an impossible situation episode
>It's a Spock acts like a retard episode
>It's a Worf tries to convert some klingons episode
>It's a Bajoran pope episode
>It's a Lwaxana Troi tries to fuck someone episode
>It's a Geordi episode
>It's a Guinan episode
>It's a we're stuck in the holodeck again episode
>It's a Keiko episode
>It's a Grand Nagus episode

What the fuck does Downs Syndrome have to do with being a Q

Sisko was literally the best guy for the job, in more way than one.

I was lamenting, you stupid hick.

Why were you lamenting in my direction? I don't want your shit.

Everything

Don't tell me you're going to unironically watch this new star trek STD

I'm still just trying to figure out why you chose my post for your pathetic rambling, since my post was completely unrelated to yours.

do you think Odo ever transformed himself into Kira's dildo

He did give her that weird creepy back rub in partial goo form.

Yeah, it's Chuck

Had one of those aha erlebnis things when I found out

Great actor

>Including the actual devil, on both TAS

>do you think Odo ever transformed himself into Kira's dildo

Odo's penis is effectively just that.

Were El-Aurians superpowered or was Guinan just special because she once accessed the nexus?

i love ds9 and odo

>it's a Keiko episode

fucking hell O'Brien must have patience for a thousand lifetimes if he can deal with that

Just finished Season four of DS9, loving it so far.

Quark > O'Brien > Rom > Sisko > Nog > Worf > Dukat> Bashir > Kira > Odo > Jake > Dax

>let himself
What should he have done?

>Picard never would have
Picard was the one pushing for their membership, if he was in Sisko's place he would have been even more torn between non-interference and getting them to join us for ever and ever and ever.

>It's a "T'pol gets Vulcan AIDS after being raped" episode
>It's a "Star trek rips off Philadelphia and T'Pol is Tom Hanks" episode
>It's a "T'Pol becomes a junkie" episode

>Picard was the one pushing for their membership, if he was in Sisko's place he would have been even more torn between non-interference and getting them to join us for ever and ever and ever.
>Torn

Nigger please. Picard would have had them in the federation by the end of the second season.

But he would have completely ruined their relationship if he insulted their religion and their much beloved dead Kai by sperging about about him not being the Emissary.

And I'm sure I remember Shakaar saying that the process for joining took years and the Feddies were refusing to waive it. I also question if the Provisional Government had the power to join seeing as they didn't have a leader at that point.

>But he would have completely ruined their relationship if he insulted their religion and their much beloved dead Kai by sperging about about him not being the Emissary.
Picard would have kept his mouth shut if he hadn't gotten zapped into being BaJesus and if he had he'd have played along no issues. He talks like he's hard-nosed but he's way, way more sentimental than Sisko and because of his undying love for the Federation wouldn't hesitate to use his influence to have them join.

>And I'm sure I remember Shakaar saying that the process for joining took years and the Feddies were refusing to waive it.
Picard is also the Federation's golden boy and would have called in all the favors he had to secure that Wormhole.

>I also question if the Provisional Government had the power to join seeing as they didn't have a leader at that point.
Like that would matter. The first government to put their John Hancock on the document would be good enough for them.

>grand nagus episode

goddamn the grand nagus was my favorite character until the writers decided to fuck him with ferengi feminism

That was one of the best parts about the whole show if you have the neurons to read between the lines.
>Oh btw Quark, your insane rants about how your mother was a dangerous revolutionary using sex to cynically manipulate a senile old man in the name of equality and liberalism and how this would be the demise of Ferengi civilization was proven right by the fact that Ferengi civilization literally collapsed overnight thanks to your mother's actions
>You silly bigot you

Why did they make DS9 so shit by the end of the series?
>Dukat goes from a genuinely likeable and well written "villain" to poorly written space satan
>Ferengi society loses all of its charm
>Nog is even more obnoxious
>EZRI DAX
>Very large amount of Kai Winn screentime
>Too much focus on Bajoran religion
At least Damar was pretty well written, despite how predictable he was.

>>Dukat goes from a genuinely likeable and well written "villain" to poorly written space satan
People (including Mark Alaimo) were sympathizing with Dukat more than the (((writers))) were comfortable with so the (((writers))) character assassinated him. No, I'm not kidding. They explicitly admitted this in interviews.

>>Ferengi society loses all of its charm
>>Nog is even more obnoxious
Over-exposure.

>>EZRI DAX
Had more character development in half a dozen episodes than Jadziya did in half a dozen seasons.

>>Very large amount of Kai Winn screentime
She was one of the vectors they used to shit up Dukat.

>>Too much focus on Bajoran religion
Ditto. Another way to shit on Dukat while trying to wrap up six seasons of vague bullshit.

>At least Damar was pretty well written, despite how predictable he was.
Yes he was. Hopefully he has someone to drink Kanar with in the afterlife.

Sufficiently advanced technology

>you are a shapeless sentient blob
>you can be anything in the entire universe

>you become an unbending beacon of justice and uphold the law

Odo rules.

Just get in the transporter you fucking abomination.

>It's a we're stuck in the holodeck again episode

kek

In fairness it was the only way they could do 20th century shit without over using the time travel nonsense.

>has someone to drink kanar with in the afterlife

Does this count?
youtu.be/DfTaMzV4oFo

They've never said because maybe they've never thought about it. I have, constantly. But i'll be damned if I'll help them while they're busily burning down a legacy series for SJW PC points.

Any Hoshi x Porthos fan fiction?

Was Apollo a Q?

>Even Dukat was likable at one point
>dukat
>not likable in every point

What does it feel like being a huge pleb.

>TNG thread

>Everyone just talks about DS9

God damn I love DS9 but I get why people grow to hate it because of you fucks

There are 5 other Trek shows to discuss

>Star Trek thread
>people talk about Star Trek
How odd

>Star TREK thread
>People talk about a show where is is no Trekking, but remaining stationary in a Space Mall
Odd indeed

anyone else think all the sex stuff in Enterprise was weird? I mean there was an episode where Archer though about fucking T'pol because Plox told him the lack of sex was affecting his ability as a captain

What else was Odo in?

He's been in a ton of shit.

>Was this nigga a Q or what
The galaxy is fucking lousy with omnipotent transcendental beings.

MWAHA THEBAJORAN.

DS9 space station is just really comfy. Also the best all around cast of charactedsd. Doesn't have the top end guys like in TNG.

I'm so glad they killed off Hoshi as an old woman in the Tarsus IV massacre.

Space Nazi Odo is best Odo.

How can you not like Nog? He had no charm or personality until Heart of Stone then got more believable and likeable every appearance after

I also like how Julian and Miles turn him into a private detective by lending him all those books

>Nobody had to teach me the justice trick
That whole monologue was great, anyone got a clip of it?