DUDE WE PRAISED THE WRONG STAR WARS MOVIE SO WE'RE GONNA DOUBLE DOWN ON OUR HATE FOR THE ACTUAL

DUDE WE PRAISED THE WRONG STAR WARS MOVIE SO WE'RE GONNA DOUBLE DOWN ON OUR HATE FOR THE ACTUAL
GOOD DISNY WARS MOVIE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u2Jn0ZihMgw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>caring one way or another about toy commercials

As I understand it, their complaints were basically:

-Too many nostalgic references (which didn't make much sense given their love for TFA, which was essentially a reshoot of ANH)

-It was too serious

-It made the galaxy seem big, when star wars should be a small/isolated story with no greater setting

>good

>Rogue One was the good Star Wars movie

They're both shit

Rogue One was garbage, though. It was boring as shit

It probably was the only good SW movie. Although Empire was decent too.

It's been over a year since their TFA review and you're still butthurt.

lol faggot

Is the triggering of Rogue One cucks by RLM funnier than the triggering of Prequel cucks by RLM? I can't decide.

>It probably was the only good SW movie.

OH, right. I get ya.

They didn't even criticise it for the right things.

Oh. Another RLM thread.

fucking guaranteed replies, OP.

Well done, you figured out what makes Sup Forums tick.

>Rogue One
>Good
They're both shit famalamadingdong

>A BLOO BLOO SOME INTERNET NOBODIES DISAGREED WITH MY FAT NECKBEARD OPINION ABOUT SOME FUCKING GAY CAPESHIT MOVIE A BLOO BLOO

You've lost the plot.

Elaborate

>when the butthurt from one review is literally never ending

third reich mike is truly a god among men

>-It made the galaxy seem big, when star wars should be a small/isolated story with no greater setting
In what way?

>hate a Star Wars movie for being a cheap cash-in
>defend a cheap cash-in Star Wars movie because some internet critics hated it
What did Sup Forums mean by this?

they literally said in the stream last night that they don't hate it but just enjoy trolling people like you

not that user but it showed us a lot of new things

- 3+ new planets
- 4+ entirely new ships
- new behaviors for the rebels and the empire
- new use of the death star
- new factions
- new kind of ending for a star wars movie
- vader's summer house

The movie is flawed as hell, but it was refreshing to see lots of new things on the screen even if you had stupid references packed inbetween.

Stop watching RLM.

>that grammar

>This triggered cuck that keeps making these black twitter meme tier pictures

Back to /r/IWantToBeGayButMyBlackStepDadWon'tLetMe you fucking CHUD.

and all these years i thought star wars was supposed to be about fun characters, thanks for correcting me

Lazy archetypes you mean? Besides, does it matter if the other movies are trash when it's enjoyable trash for you (and millions of people)? Tons of shitty movies are fun, just why acting like the fun changes that they aren't good for anything else.

The point they were making wasn't that the galaxy SHOULD be small, it was that the Star Wars universe IS small. Attempts to expand upon it show how the mythos of Star Wars is pretty vapid. It's a hero's journey, not a desperate war effort. People shit talk how they supposedly dislike RO for the same reasons they like TFA, but the point they were making was that TFA was Star Wars while RO just had a Star Wars aesthetic.

Man, it's just great to see posts like this when RLM never mentioned any specific in their spoof podcast videos. They just point out obvious cliches that everyone who's watched a youtube podcast recognizes.

both movies sucked.

they both suck. star wars is dead

APOLOGIZE!

youtube.com/watch?v=u2Jn0ZihMgw

People really get mad over RLM eh.

Rogue One was at least original and not A New Hope 2.0

woke

I think Rogue One cucks, but I might be a prisoner of the moment

yeah that was very dumb and very obvious

but Disney has yet to make a good star wars movie..

What is it with Rogue One apologists? The only way it would have been good was if you took the last 30 minutes and added them as a short prequel movie to the DVD extras of New Hope.

Otherwise it had bland characters, a story we already knew the ending of, some downright stupid decisions like replacing human actors with CGI and mostly boring visuals.

Say what you want about Force Awakens, at least I was kinda invested in these characters.

>at least original
That's not good enough.

If not bait, kys.

>ACTUAL GOOD DISNY WARS MOVIE

There isn't one.

TFA had likable new characters and a proven winning formula. It was way too conservative but also very effective at recreating the appeal of ANH.

They flip flop on their reviews a lot. One minute they're sucking a movie's dick, the next they're criticizing it like they have always disliked it.

Yeah, he really should. Killing Star Wars, then selling its corpse to be raped by Disney.

Anyone remember in which Pre Rec Jay talks about how they were a lot less enthusiastic about TFA the day after they saw the movie and did the review?

How are generic characters with wooden acting FUN? Nobody gave a fuck about Luke Skywalker when I was a kid. We just liked playing war with the cool looking toys.

The prequels sucked too. Don't kid yourself. ROTJ was the last good SW movie, Empire the last really good one.

More specifically it was too many moments of "hey remember this" that don't feature into the story even a little bit. Bumping into those two guys from ANH (who apparently got off planet within the next five minutes to avoid getting blown up), seeing the droids in one scene just show up and go "wonder what's going on that doesn't involve us?" Shit like that.

Both of them sucked desu

>I loved Force Awakens. It's everything I dreamed of.

I'll never forget my disgust when he said that.

*Claps in slow motion while having a devilish grin*

YES...

Empire is the only good one. TFA was decent but forgettable, Bandido Uno was absolute shite.

I like my new toy commercials just as much as the old toy commercials and even the toy commercials made in between the old and the new toy commercials. Anyone who takes my toy commercials too seriously is a sad man child.

>start rogue one
>Get twenty minutes in and delete it
It's probably even a decent movie, but I'm fucking done. We're beyond the point of over saturation. I'm tired of seeing the same shit.

>>Get twenty minutes in and delete it
Well, it kept getting more abysmally boring as it went along, so the only mistake you made was downloading it in the first place.

>leaves the planet literally just before a prototype superweapon disintegrates the city he was just in
>gets his arm chopped off by a hobo a few weeks later
Was Cornelius Evazan the luckiest or the unluckiest man to ever live?

>RLM makes a show poking fun at dozens of shitty internet 'nerd' panel shows
>these guys are the only ones to take it personally
Really makes you think.

The film buffs struggle to find relevance in a market dominated by the millennial consumer.

>not a desperate war effort

But it is....Which is why both A New Hope and Empire opens with battle scenes on a larger scale.

And which this film further proved by being a moderate success and highly acclaimed critical success....So you're objectively wrong it seems. Oh well.

>fun characters

No one cares about what you want though.

The thing about RO that makes it feel like it's not star wars, is that star wars knew how to have fun. RO has no characters you care about, can't stand as it's own movie despite the "standalone" label and is just no fun all around

Agreed
Also it was just the most generic war movie, but with Star Wars fan service.
I nearly fell asleep in the movie theatre.
I didn't like TFA much either, but at least it was somewhat entertaining

RLM as legit film critics fucking suck. watch them for entertainment value or Rich Evans' laugh.

>things that are successful are good
k y s

They were right though. I loved TFA and hated Rogue One. Completely different movies. People who argue saying that they contradict their TFA review are full of shit. You can't use the same arguments. TFA had good characters and motivations that were clear. Rogue One was nothing but nostalgia.

>THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY MAKE ENTERTAINING REVIEWS AND SHOWS THAT REQUIRE EFFORT POINTED OUT OUR SCAM!
>QUICKLY! TO TWITTER!

TFA is much better than Rogue One though

But Zootopia was a good movie, user.

more like good goy mike

this was a really dumb oversimplification, sucks for you that a critic's opinion can wind you up enough to be intellectually dishonest

It's weird because TFA felt empty and hollow, not like a SW movie at all. RO felt like it actually took place in the SW galaxy of the 6 films.

>So, Jay, what did you think of this movie?
>Well, Mike, I hated it.
>Really, I thought it was great.
>Well, I didn't HATE it...

every half in the bag in a nutshell, let's face it, mike is the top in this relationship

Rogue One felt empty and hollow to me. Force Awakens felt like a star wars sequel I've been waiting my whole life for. Strange.

they lost all credibility when they removed jesse

Nah. Prequelfags getting blown the fuck out are still the funniest.

I still crack up everytime I think of the TFA review where the first half is spent shitting on the horrible prequels some more.

niggas are a bunch of contrarians, everyone that isn't kidding themselves knows tfa is a more complete movie in pretty much every way

TFA was a good film. Only redddit dislikes it.

Star Wars is normie trash.

for you

It's a good film in the way that a Corolla is a good car.

What a shit comparison that has no weight. TFA was good. I enjoyed it. Can't wait for episode 8. Kill yourself.

TTA was utter garbage unless you really have pleb tier taste. the whole thing was a fucking shitfest with horrendous acting, they also cast the ugliest nigger they could find, cant wait till he fucks that little white chick in the next one.

TFA*

Acting was good and better than anything in the prequels. Characters were interesting. I enjoyed it. It was fun. Race is not an argument.

>rogue one good

I wanted to like it, I really did. But the bland characters, odd character motivations, and disjointed story left me completely bored. I haven't seen any undeserved criticism.

not that user but the guy claimed star wars is, at its core, not a desperate war effort but a hero's journey. yes, there is a desperate war effort present within the hero's journey, but RLM and that user are claiming that if you simply focus on that desperate war effort and dont give the audience a fun exciting journey to follow, then you're not left with a very good star wars movie.

A Corolla is cheap, popular and made to be marketable to as many people as possible. Aside from some frills the basic design hasn't really changed in over 30 years.

Sounds like TFA to me.

Still works and gets the job done. I'm not a picky faggot. TFA gave me my entertainment and that's all I care about. Back to real life, faggot.

When I was a kid, kids liked different aspects of Star Wars. Some liked the space battles, some liked the ships, some liked the space wizardry, some liked the creatures.

RO feels like it takes one aspect of that and makes it into a movie. It feels more Star Wars-y than what TFA did. TFA felt like a very expensive fan film, like some nerd had finally got the budget to make his original-content-do-not-steel movie.

I'm with you. Of the original trilogy, I never really gave the war much thought. The increased politics in the prequels was horrible, and the war focus in RO was not as bad, but just as boring.

I KNOW ITS SHIT BUT I LIKE IT ANYWAY STOP BULLYING

That's not even the least bit true. Rogue One is the hollow fan film without a story. Rogue One is the retro film that has a bunch of nostalgia. Rogue One is the film with no character development. Rogue One is the video game commercial.

The Force Awakens has all of those - space battles, ships, space wizardly and creatures. TFA has characters that actually show emotion and have motivations. TFA actually is true to Star Wars and does new things.

Nice try, faggot.

It's Inglourious Basterds with a Star Wars aesthetic and less gore/good music/snappy dialogue/charismatic villain/everything.

Ponda Baba loses the arm, not Evazan.

It's Inglorious Bastards completely bereft of style or charisma.

OP, they actually do have shit taste do you even watch their reviews. They constantly praise generic mouse shit, they eat it up