Was it ever explained why Bruce was cool with Tarry killing their collective rogues gallery in Batman Beyond after such...

Was it ever explained why Bruce was cool with Tarry killing their collective rogues gallery in Batman Beyond after such a long time using a no killing rule?

Was he just too old to care?

Batman Beyond thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kIRCnkwnHqM
youtube.com/watch?v=z65aq1EVGhs
i.4cdn.org/co/1465012713521.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=sT5cePwUofU
youtube.com/watch?v=Li84IkMHXCE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Was he just too old to care?

pretty much, he realized that evils just need to die, that is what actually saves inocent lifes.

He didn't want terry to be a moralfag afraid to killing human scum.

He lose all hope

Alot of it were accidents
The fucking dog killed chimera so that's on him

Hence the
>i can't believe i was ever that green
In JLU

Bruce gradually gave less and less of a shit. He got meaner and meaner. It reached the point where he was gleefully torturing people, even into his own age.

The JLU episode with the time traveling illustrates this pretty well. Old Man Wayne is embarrassed by how soft Bruce-Batman is.

I don't think it's because Bruce was okay with killing.

I just think Bruce doesn't bother to save people who are already goners anymore.

In BTAS, if somebody was about to die, Bruce would still try to save them even if he wouldn't be able to reach them in time. Then he'd be upset he couldn't save them.

In BB, if somebody's about to die and Bruce knows he can't reach them in time, he'll just shrug, maybe make a joke about it, and move on.

>accidents

>joke
How bout
>a fitting end for his kind

obligatory

BAT OF MANSLAUGHTER

Bruce only really had a no kill rule for himself.

He probably stopped giving a shit after Joker Jr. happened besides lots of people died in Justice League they just never went out of their way to kill

they were fiiine

terry didnt kill anyone outright, they just... had a really bad habit of dying

Bruce knew his own mind, he knew he was dangerously close to criminally insane and that a man like him can't be trusted to decide who lives and who dies

Terry, on the other hand, is a more emotionally well adjusted man with no massive childhood trauma skewing his judgment

God damn Terry was savage.

>There will never be a triple ruse where Terry is secretly Bruce and Barbara's kid, and Timm was just joking with the Epilogue episode.

Terry grew up in Cyber-Punk Gotham, no way would he develop a no-kill code.

Cyberpunk always bugged me, because I always wonder what the suburbs and rural area's are like.

>heroes killing scientist henchmen

Was this a big deal in action shows?

Terry never explicitly killed anybody. It's not like you saw him attack then saw a dead body.

>explicitly
Simple understanding of the laws of physics, user.

Seriously,I kind of want to see what Bruce and Barbara's kid would be like. Would he basically be ginger Damian? He'd be smart as fuck, that's for sure.

That version of the Ninja Turtles was much closer to the original comics. I mean, a lot of shit went down.

Still you never have proof of death.

Yeah, that holds up so well in a court of law.
>Guy dripping in blood with a closet full of weapons: "You never found the body, you can't prove I killed him!"

He wasn't, Tarry didn't kill anyone. Terry was the one doing all the work.

>laws of physics
>in BB

Yeah, that show really was known for its realistic portrayal of that

Back to the Future 2 basically.

Terry didn't go around purposefully killing his opponents, they just had a bad habit of dying/being imprisoned in the earth's core

Can you prove that guy didn't go slash up a blood bank?

I mean, unless they have actual proof that the guy is dead...

I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW THE FUCK THAT MOUTH CAN EXIST ON THAT COSTUME

Best Superman costume

>implying that suit makes any sense
>looks like literal skintight
>still has a propulsion system and other stuff that would require space

I've always disliked it but I understand its purpose.

Also Inque got a raw deal.

The same reason Harley Quinn got elected president.

NANOMACHINESSON

Source on that shit

I always thought of it as a thick glove with tech and artificial muscle in the layer

Didn't Beyond!Bruce keep his enemies' corpses in his freezer?

You know that one level from the third Spyro game with all the robot bugs? Like that.

Could you tell which episode that is? Thanks.

Ten's hot for days but Dana's a saint

Doesn't know about Batman but only gets mad once about Terry always blowing her off all the time

I mean there has yet to be a decent cosplay of that costume, right?

I liked that comic. That one in particular.
The idea of Superman having to come to terms with the fact that he's getting older too, even if it's slowly, was good. That whole issue was basically Superman having a mid-life crisis, if i remember it right. And that was cool. Superman Beyond as an idea is perfectly ripe for that sort of Superman take.

also the idea of how he has to reinvent himself once being clark kent is no longer realistically viable as a secret identity

The Once and Future Thing (Part 2)

Thank you!

mandatory

youtube.com/watch?v=kIRCnkwnHqM

Believe me... You're the only one who cares.

youtube.com/watch?v=z65aq1EVGhs

The show, second episode?

God damn, that's brutal.

You know, of all the classic bat villains who were meta human, we never found out what happened to Poison Ivy. You'd think with Timm's fetish for cruel send-offs, she would have been mentioned.

thats true...

I mean even the non-metas we got some closure on.

Harley settled down, became a grandmother eventually, Bane became a vegetable, Joker got shot in the chest with the bang gun...

Which Poison Ivy? There were two in DCAU.

was that ever canon thought

That shit was never canon, it was just Templeton/Slott bullshit

It's another example of a good idea executed poorly. I like that the only real Ivy is the one that isn't green.

That's actually been a big topic for debate before.

See: Scott Peterson case

OOPS!

Easily, user.

i.4cdn.org/co/1465012713521.jpg

Hell it works better with the design of the Beyond suit, as his teeth have a boxer-like cap on them, allowing the lip glove to be thinner.

Fuck, wrong link, heres the video

youtube.com/watch?v=sT5cePwUofU

Isn't she generally like a decade younger than him, give or take a bit for the specfic continuity? Ew.

Terry "the murder machine" mcginnis

His meta human power is people having accidents during fights with him.

The greatest sin will always be never tapping dat ass. Step up yer game Terry.

yes "accidents"

There was a whole episode of cops trying to arrest Terry because they thought he killed Mad Stan.Which he didn't, it was just a trick.

That sounds neat, source?

Post best BB Villain

He realised it's better to eliminate than pacify. Even raping the Joker didn't help.

Obviously

She did come the closest to killing Terry and Bats

My raging boner leaves me biased though

>the black scientist would lose a piece of his body every time he failed to capture/kill the turtles
>it got to the point where he was just a brain in a robo jar complete with a hologram

Watch Zeta project if you can tolerate it.

Actually Terry didn't kill the rouges.

He simply didn't go and save them or wasn't fast enough to save them.

Man the second Zeta episode in BB was so bad

I loved BB but I'm so glad it ended when it did. It was dying very fast at the end

Not even Inque's bare tiddies could have livened up the last few episodes

Freeze had a harrowing of a hard life.

The costume doesn't translate well outside of 2d animation. It would look more or less like a gimp suit.

And then had enough of this and made himself a new body.

Then he was slowly degenerating into a oedipal zombie as his mind was also degenerating.

Seriously the world hated Stockman.

I always thought it were some sort of homage to The Dark Knight Returns Bruce.

are you implying Batman is not a flying gimp?

You do understand that prior to DNA evidence the thing you said was literally true in most jurisdictions
>>habeas corpus

>Never tapping dat ass.

Wasn't there a scene where it was implied?

He was just glad to have a biological son.

And yet Sup Forums hates her. I've never understood it and I gave up long ago trying.

Don't know about that one guy Sup Forums, but I don't hate her, I just don't like her. She was pretty much obligatory point of "man, my life and my batlife coexist poorly, I need to get my shit together or something" and they pretty much almost never did anything with her and her relationship with Terry.

What? Can we talk about this please?

youtube.com/watch?v=Li84IkMHXCE

You could kind of infer something happened at around the 3 minute mark.

He doesn't have a "rule", he's just a faggot.

Terry didn't actually kill them though. Majority of his rogue gallery just kind of off themselves due to various circumstance of their own doing. Like that guy that became intangible and fall to the center of the earth. Entirely the villains fault.

Since he's no longer batman, he doesn't care.

After what The Joker did to Tim, I'm sure Bruce had to come to a few realizations about just how much pain he was causing by allowing some people to live.

Wait, Old Jewish Granny Harley was an ex-President?

I have no idea where you got that from? I swear it was usually the other way around. People realized Dana was ultimate waifu for being capable of tolerating his shit and Terry isn't appreciating her properly