There is a history in Hollywood of haphazard endings to trilogies...

>There is a history in Hollywood of haphazard endings to trilogies, and I didn't want to become a part of that dishonorable tradition of pretending the third one doesn't exist.

What the fuck? Surely there's at least one film series where the third movie is considered one of the best.

IMO Die Hard with a Vengeance is better than Die Hard for 70% of its run time. The ending of Vengeance peters out too much.

Also Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade is the best of the trilogy, then Doom, then Ark.

I think the issue with trilogies is that you need to have the heaviest shit happen in the third movie to warrant it's existence. It goes:

1. The first movie which sets the standard
2. The second movie which is a continuation of everything in the first done bigger
3. The third movie should really be seen as 'part 2' of the second movie. The third movie starts to feel episodic otherwise.

>Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade is the best of the trilogy

Nope. It's focused way too much on comedy. (Whcih has been the trouble of ID since Temple of Doom)

>IMO Die Hard with a Vengeance is better than Die Hard for 70% of its run time. The ending of Vengeance peters out too much.
Vengeance is indeed better than 1. At least we have the alternate ending. Feels like the Canadian helicopter stuff wasn't even shot by McTiernan, it's so bland and unimaginative when the rest of the movie is the complete opposite.

Oh, you are not going to try and tell me Raiders is a serious movie. Indiana Jones has always been cheesy because Lucas doesn't know how to do anything else.

>3. The third movie should really be seen as 'part 2' of the second movie. The third movie starts to feel episodic otherwise.
Pirates of the Caribbean did this and it turned out questionably.

Compared to Crusade it's a documentary on archeology. Conflict in Raiders doesn't get solved by some epic meme solution like Sean Connery going GAAH GAAH GAAH at a flock of birds or Marcus spraying ink into somebody's eye or Indy throwing somebody overboard and saying he had no ticket.

Doom is my favorite but Raiders is objectively the best. Spielberg's direction and Slocombe's photography really elevate it to something more noble than simple fun pulp; there's some John Ford and David Lean beauty to it. I love Doom because it has its own identity, it's so mischievous and embraces its non-stop pulpiness fully. Meanwhile Crusade feels like it's just going back to the safe formula/spirit of Raiders but without the same level of craft.

>epic meme solution
Miss the days when people could give their opinions on things instead of simply resorting to buzzwords in an attempt to effortlessly devalue them.

ahem

Logan is the best Wolverine film

You know damn well what I mean. Crusade relies on comedy as a popularity crutch.

It's also not the third, but the fourth.

Then say that instead of saying "epic meme solution." You know what you want to say and you have a good point to make, convey it like a human being and not like a retard.

Does origins really count though?

Yes.

We are on Sup Forums. Capeshit gets called on being memetic. Why should old movies get an exception, especially when they have literally become memes.

>We are on Sup Forums so that gives me the right to act retarded.
Nice argument but it's actually a fucking stupid argument. Stop lowering the level of discourse, jackass.

And you get to the fucking point instead of diverting to semantics and arguments about Sup Forums lingo

>X-Men Origins: Wolverine
>The Wolverine
>Logan

Nigger where the fuck is this fourth movie?

>he doesn't know

The entire point is that "epic meme" is not Sup Forums lingo, but rather Reddit lingo. So fuck off with your newfaggy "This is Sup Forums bro! xD!"

>sarcasm containing epic meme is now Reddit

Were you dropped on your head in your formative age?

its a damn shame the russian roullete with a rocket launcher ending was much more in keeping with the tone

It was always Reddit, you fucking Redditor. You aren't going to get away with rewriting this site's history just because you're loud and annoying.

>making fun of Reddit is Reddit

Go easy on the cool-aid

>can't even spell Kool-Aid correctly

FUCKING REDDIT! FUCK YOU, FLETCHER!

Explain

i honestly think the wolverine was much better

Look at the most recent two, though. 4 and 5 were both pretty much self-contained episodes, and that contributed at least in part to their being much worse than the original trilogy.

4 is arguably better than 2.

third movies are rarely good

Some people say the Dollars trilogy is an exception. I personally like the first two better though.

I personally like covfefe