Does anybody else have a problem with movies that have a female protagonist?

Also what did you think of the movie

I liked it enough to read the Rebirth comics and the Wonder Woman animated feature.

>Does anybody else have a problem with movies that have a female protagonist?

Nope. And if you do have a problem with that base concept you should kill yourself.

I liked it. BvS>MoS>WW>>>>>>>>>>Marvel.

Solid 7/10, but will help DCEU in long run

Not necessarily, so long as the film doesn't revolve around how she's such a "strong female". That shit gets too preachy.

I haven't seen it yet but I'm not interested in seeing it at all. Especially with the feminist push on it. Because of that I'm silently protesting it. She belongs in the kitchen cooking sandwiches at Wayne Manor while Alfred pilots the equipment for Batman remote control.

DC and all future comic movies should know by now that female protagonist don't work. Especially comic oriented ones. Why do you think female characters have to be sexed up? Because that's the only way to draw in the audience THAT PAYS, men. Women don't care about strong women in general. They don't like the competition. It's pretty obvious that they brought in Chris Pine as the pretty boy to draw in women themselves.

Pic related, the real reason why female character stick around.

Is she seriously wearing heels?

The problem is not female protagonists.
The problem is shitty film making.
Show me, don't tell me.
If everyone in the movie keeps brining up the protagonist is female. If the protagonist keeps mentioning she is a female. If I'm getting reminded thst "hey, this lead is a badass AND a female" then your movie is shit.

You want a good female lead? Ripley from alien. I don't think the fact she's a woman is ever even addressed, and it shouldn't be if you're trying to sell me likeable and believable character

You wouldn't understand, male scum

>BvS>MoS>WW
Wew, rough

You first, wicked woman :^)

Kek

What if it's actually a good film that stands up on its own?

Not necessarily. But I think it's a meme that "we need strong female characters to inspire girls to do great things". We don't. Men will always be greater than women at the top percentiles. It's just a waste of resources. That being said it's wonderWOMAN. She's been around for almost 100 years. Only problem with the movie is the fact that all the actors just "happen" to be Jews. Gal Gadot is a horrible miscast. I'm still going to watch it though because I like wonder woman.

>BvS>MoS>WW

Jesus. Talk about damning testimony.

Yes, Alien is a nice example
I like that movie because the movie isn't centered around her, she just happens to be the only survivor
Also I just like that movie because it's not preachy about stronk women

No, I actually prefer female protagonists. They are often much more interesting than male characters.

Are you a cuck or a woman?

I'm a man who watches more than capeshit and action movies.

The problem is that they made Wonder Woman with her being WOMYN STRUNK in mind. In alien, they wrote the character such that they just so happened to be female, and could be easily interchanged for a male actor.

So adding romantic comedies?

wonder woman rebirth is pretty great, as well as the animated movie.
there are some pretty kick ass fight scenes but also some cringey cliches.

id say it's
>Man of Steel>Wonder Woman>>>>BatvSup>>>>>>>>>>>>>Suicide squad

>Wonder Woman
>Above Parental Issues Vs. God Complex
Batman Vs. Superman had better script and action.

>Batman Vs. Superman had better script
Mar...Martha?

>But I think it's a meme that "we need strong female characters to inspire girls to do great things".
This may be unpopular but... I disagree.
I know some people are definitely different and don't need bullshit role models and some don't need role models that bear a resemblance to them, but a lot of little kids do.
They get weird complexes about shit if they don't get explicit confirmation that they have a role in the world.
I see it in ethnic minorities, gays, women etc: short-man syndrome. They're so fucking anxious about how important they are and trying to get everyone's validation that the second something gets in their way they flip their shit. Their mail gets lost at the post office and suddenly it's because they're second-generation-Asian and the whites are at it again trying to get into their sneaky little yellow pussy, when really Gus just dropped a letter.

I think a lot of modern day identity politics stuff is driven by misfits trying to create their own superhero names (I am Xyr, ruler of Fagtasia etc) and if they had actual superhero movies it would be a sort of opiate of the masses.
They've self-diagnosed that they must surely have some sort of serious disease to explain all their problems and now they're trying to come up with the name. They think it's 'Being Black' or 'Being A Woman'. Unsuccessful white guys think it's called 'too much estrogen', 'Jews' or 'psoriasis'. That's still pathetic, but maybe it's a step better because it's more universal.

If they'd grown up with the same examples in media as white guys do then they'd realise that it's actually called 'Being Human', the hit BBC TV series about a trio of supernatural friends.

kek, faggots

>That long ass reply
>That spacing
>M-Muh WOMYN STRUNK

i didnt understand half of what you said. kek

Does anyone else have a problem with Buzzfeed coming and making these lame ass threads to get free material to write articles about how men are sexist when their stronk wuman flicks fail?

Not really. They already think we're sexist anyway, I still hate the movie, and life goes on.

Hate to present my usual Sup Forums argument here, but it is relevant.

The original Mass Effect Trilogy did something perfect: FemShep and Shepard were EXACTLY THE SAME. Aside from romance dialogue, they spoke and acted the same in every scene. They didn't change the female version of the character to be feminine in any way, nor did they constantly point out that she was a woman (romances aside).

Mass Effect Andromeda presented the twins that act very different. You have a typical military male who is a little aggressive but fairly confident (male), and a basically autistic loser who can't even tell someone what she likes about them without stuttering through an entire nonsense paragraph (female).

This is the clearest example of how to and not to create a character in film or any other narrative that of the female gender. Just create a story and a character to do it, and then assign the gender. Don't base the fucking story around the vagina.

>Aside from romance dialogue, they spoke and acted the same in every scene.

Actually, FemSheps regular dialogue with Jacob in ME2 has a weird sexual delivery, as if it's part of the romance, where as it's just the regular dialogue.

I mean outside of that, you're 100% right, but that always stuck out to me everytime I had my FemShep on my second play through talk to Jacob I felt like I was sexually harassing him.

That is funny, I am playing through as male Shepard right now and just got to Horizon. In my conversations with Jacob I feel like even as a male it has weird undertones. Not sexual, necessarily. More like they were trying to make Jacob important in some way.

Jacob is easily the worst character in the series, in my opinion. They did everything wrong with him. Too many black stereotypes in ME2, then he knocks up some chick in 3, even if FemShep romances him in 2. He literally gets some other chick pregnant less than six months from the time FemShep and he begin their romantic involvement and save the fucking galaxy together.

That is why Garrus is always best bro for Shep or FemShep. At least he is loyal, no matter what.

Fucking calibrations, though...

Thank you user, I've always wanted to belong somewhere.
>spacing
I don't see it?

I've made about 4 rambling posts on different boards now I'm come back to visit them. It's fun. After a week's work drunk shit posting makes me feel good.

>Just create a story and a character to do it, and then assign the gender.
If you do this enough though people WILL complain that you're writing an oreo/banana/whatever it is when it's a woman on the outside and a man on the inside hehe

It satisfies the white males but it doesn't satisfy the rainbow people, so why bother doing it in the first place? Just have female characters for men to look at?

White males have the money. A better question is: "Why bother trying to satisfy the rainbow people?"

I mean, really? Every time someone tries to make a product for the whiners the product doesn't make any money.

Videogames tailored to the LGBT community? None of them buy the game and normies don't touch it.

Comic books with female protagonist? No women support it or even fucking buy them for their little girls.

Black superhero? Only white liberals saying it is "so brave" give it positive reviews and it becomes the lowest viewed character of a franchise.

I was underwhelmed. I agree with the reviews that call it average. Nothing in the movie really irks me, it just felt flat and muted. You could have cut WW (and her villain) out, made a few small changes, and the movie would have been exactly the same except Chris Pine would have been the lead.

If I compare the movie to Thor (similar in their GOD story elements), Thor is simply the better movie in every way. I saw Thor like six times in the theater, but I feel no desire to watch WW again.

Gal Gadot is stunningly pretty, though. Damn.

Idk about feminism and patriarchy and all that but that movie got me aroused af. That's all I know

the thing is, it doesnt matter whether this movie is great or amazing. it just has to be decent.

I too, was a horny teenager once.

holy shit rotton potatoz has givn ww a great score.

It's a weird paradox where this is the ideal treatment of a woman that simultaneously makes it considerably more feminist than movies that go out of their way to market themselves as being aggressively feminist.

the bride from kill bill was another good one.

That's exactly the question.
I think aggregated movie review sites is a reason. Niche groups like to band together and try to sink things they don't like.

>Every time someone tries to make a product for the whiners the product doesn't make any money.
I think they might make money, it's just that nothing these days makes the kind of money people project it should. That's the problem.
There's some good market research that shows women buy entertainment media more than men, so I think producers see this as the biggest cow to milk if only they could crack how to guarantee purchasing.

It doesn't help that the people that try to make aggressively feminist products are basically pants on head retarded.
They don't understand subtlety, and they don't understand nuances.

Wanting Wonder Woman and Batman to be together
How did your 8th grade graduation go?

No.
But I dislike the political approach Hollywood makes to it.

Except women and men are not the same and it's inaccurate to portray it as such you fucking moron.

Nips do it for half a century.

Why is this supposed to matter now?

i dont have a problem with female protagonists

just female superheroes, because it doesn't make any sense

>Show me, don't tell me
You're way overestimating the audience those movies are made for.

N-nani??

as a DCCU fan, I really gotta ask how the fuck you can put BvS above MoS with all the pacing issues. Sure, it comes together in the second act but the scenes during the first act are all over the place

Man of Steel mashed the flashbacks and the modern scenes up pretty well and had a nice story

The problem isn't the film, it's the way it's been cynically promoted.

op's pic is from BVS

I'd legit watch a Wonder Woman movie. Just not one set in this shitty DCEU