Was he right?

Was he right?

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-militia-idUSKBN0H50VA20140910
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes.
These "refugees" are really getting out of hand.

Using the refugee crisis as a way to recruit people into HYDRA, and then using said recruits fear and/or hatred of refugees to inspire them into acts of extremism is clever, yes.

However, nothing but shitposting is gonna come outta this thread, so we should've stopped.

More than you think.

He's saying things that are right so that he can do things that are wrong.

Why is this so hard to understand?

Shouldn't he be trying to get support from the refugees so that they'll storm Israel and take back their land?

>THEY TOOK UR JERBS
>Those damn Jews are trying to destroy our society
>YEAH!
>Jewish Bankers are bleeding us dry
>YEAH!
>Which is why we need to invade Poland and kill 11 million innocent minorities!
Same basic principle, no?

correct

>Thinks Germany invaded Poland because "Jews"

Isn't more of a job for Assad?

No, he's trying to inspire nationalist attitudes for domestic terrorism, that's invading another country.

But the principle of inspiring people to extremism with popular/legitimate fears is the same, no?

>he's trying to inspire nationalist attitudes for domestic terrorism

Nationalism, but against the current government. Against ineffectual liberal politicians in general.

As cool as this edit is, when did old user colors go from green to red?

I think it's some Sup Forums bullshit about red pills or whatever.

he was transformed by a radioactive red pill

No, he's not right. He's expressing completely reasonable ideas and concerns and then using those ideas to convince people to become violent terrorists and suicide bombers. He doesn't actually care about shit like border security or American culture (he's not American, remember?), he only cares about power and this is the most efficient means in which he can obtain it.

Yes, Spencer is a retard that spouts partisan nonsense on his Twitter account and routinely calls all conservatives evil. That doesn't suddenly make Red Skull the good guy.

Just to inform you. A lot of German land was taken during the Treat of Versailles to create Poland, and there were many Germans "trapped" there.
So there was also a legitimate take back our land side to it.
Not just lol lets go kill jews in this other country cus racism.

I would say he is right solely on that page, he just goes full genocidal retard the next page because Spencer cannot write anything better than a strawman to demonize people who disagree with him.

It's low to have your opponents views be delivered by Red fucking Skull, obviously for the point of vilifying that view in the mind of the reader.

Which is kinda the point I was making. Hitler used semi-legitimate/legitimate causes (Das Juden, take back our lost land, restore the economy etc) to inspire the German people to do some pretty fucked up stuff.

Sometimes you gotta stand next to the river of truth and say "no, YOU move."

>using the fucking CBR image
>can't even remove the watermark
Jesus Christ get your shit together.

The Treaty of Versailles set up the tensions that would not only explode into WW2 but far beyond into Vietnam and the Arab/Israeli conflicts

At least during Japanese reconstruction the same mistakes weren't made again.

Well yes, if you take that page out of context like every single other controversial page ever posted on Sup Forums, it does indeed look like Red Skull is completely correct. At least, from a normal person's perspective. Spencer isn't writing from a normal person's perspective, he's writing from the perspective of someone who would view such ideas as self-evidently evil and repellent--but just in case, as you said, he also had them expressed by a literal Nazi (though Red Skull isn't really much of one these days, considering his globalist tendencies).

If this story were being written by a competent person that wasn't trying to simply inject his partisan viewpoints into the comic, then you could still have Red Skull voicing these views. However, what would be important is the buildup afterwards. You can't just go from a single speech to suddenly having ordinary Americans being willing to kill themselves for his cause. Americans do not have the same cultural or religious factors that would make convincing them to systematically become suicide bombers an overnight proposition, and the comic as it stands does a poor job of expressing just how much time is actually passing.

Germany didnt invade Poland because of anti semitism, is that seriously what they taught you in school? They invaded for land, which they needed to feed their growing population and build a self sustained economy. So the logic goes

>fuck Jews >fuck the treaty of Versailles >fuck these other countries >lets invade Poland , build our own empire with blackjack and swastikas.

This whole speech is just supposed to be evil.
Red Skull is evil, makes evil speech of political group I don't like. Then creates a suicide bomber.

In universe he's using legitimate points to turn people to extremism.

Out of universe Nick thinks this is a Nazi making a Nazi speech, and then doing what all those anti-migrant "Nazis" would do.

Agreed. What often goes unreported in the rise of Nazism is how it was reactionary to the communist riots and gangs stalking the streets. Old WW1 vets who just saw another vet just pissed off at how blatantly shafted Germany got by Versailles in Ol' One-Ball.
If the comic showed both sides, the violence, chaos or personal loss which make the extreme solutions someone like RED FUCKING SKULL suggest seem like the only alternative then I would consider it balanced and a well-written warning. However the jump is a big leap of faith from concerned citizen to genocidal zealot so the immersion buckles under its own weight.

Tah dah

>If the comic showed both sides, the violence, chaos or personal loss which make the extreme solutions someone like RED FUCKING SKULL suggest seem like the only alternative then I would consider it balanced and a well-written warning.

Exactly. A story like this demands nuance. You can't just show Red Skull manipulating people, you have to give context to why these people are in a position to be manipulated in the first place. It simply is not enough to just leave it with the implication that "low-income whites are just being a bunch of bigots because of course they are", rather than getting into the socioeconomic factors and personal experiences that shape people into being susceptible to Red Skull's message. Ultimately, this kind of story falls flat on its face not only because of who is writing it, but because cape comics in general these days do not have the balls to seriously delve into political issues; they only scrape the surface and they only show an issue from one side. Now I know a lot of folks on Sup Forums want politics of any kind to be absent from cape comics, but I think that that is impossible and there is already plenty of precedent for it. The problem has never been politics being involved, the problem will always be bad writing.

>WORDS WORDS WORDS

Not quite correct. They invaded Poland because they wanted old Germanic territories back, which is also why Hitler betrayed Stalin.
My family emigrated from Tamopol, located in modern day Western Ukraine, back when it was still part of the Austro-Hungarian empire. As you can see even today the area is still a hotly contested region.

This is a textbook "Our shit, those fuckers" speech, oversimplifying a situation and painting everyone as a demon propaganda.

Of course he is wrong. But he is on topic. that so much agree with him and don't see the issue to englobes the action of a few to a whole population only seeking for a better life speak for itself on the current state of our society.

This kind of speech deny individuality, and that's at the core of everything.

Balanced political commentary.

This issue was fucking retarded. I mean, I get that they actually are from a villainous organization, but just standing on the border with guns and preventing people from crossing over illegally (they hadn't actually shot anyone yet, they were just standing there as a show of force) isn't actually illegal.

Its a comic BOOK you dunce.
You're supposed to READ it.

>All of these people getting angry because someone is vilifying their opinions in a comic book.
and here I am numb to any backlash for my opinions because of how long I've been here.
Grow some fucking skin m80's.

I'm more disappointed than anything. I mean, I know I shouldn't expect anything better, but I still wind up disappointed anyway.

>reading modern marvel
No thanks.

>This is a textbook "Our shit, those fuckers" speech, oversimplifying a situation and painting everyone as a demon propaganda.
Isn't painting white males as demons exactly what Marvel been doing for the last five years?
Red Skull's speech isn't propaganda - Marvel Comics is.

>Of course he is wrong. But he is on topic. that so much agree with him
How stupid are you? You say he's wrong, then point out he's right.
Given the fact you can't even use punctuation properly or even add enough words to a sentence to make it make sense I'm guessing you're not even North American.

Be honest. HONEST Sup Forums

Do you support mass immigration with no limits/checks

Complaining now will only make you feel regret and embarrassment in hindsight.

>Vigilantism
>Not illegal

I bet you feel accomplished about stating your opinion on an anonymous image board.

Why are you asking me such a completely irrelevant question? Not even any of the presidential candidates support complete removal of checks or limits.

Post more Chie you fucking faggot.

I bet you feel accomplished about being snarky on an anonymous image board.

>Isn't painting white males as demons exactly what Marvel been doing for the last five years?
No, that is not what they have been doing at all.
>Red Skull's speech isn't propaganda
It's text book propaganda.
>You say he's wrong, then point out he's right.
No, I say he wrong, then point out many agree with him. not the same thing.
>Given the fact you can't even use punctuation properly or even add enough words to a sentence to make it make sense I'm guessing you're not even North American.
I am not. But my nationality doesn't change whether or not I am right.

I don't support anything, I'm just waiting to die.

Regret and embarrassment for what?

Nope, enjoy your plaguedoctor

reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-militia-idUSKBN0H50VA20140910

Honestly, this can be easily twisted around into something based.

For example, we should agree with Red Skull, but just because he says the right thing doesn't mean he has the right methods, as seen in the next page.

Every country should defend itself against immigrants, but it shouldn't be done by people who dress like snakes and experiment on people.

Is Nick Spencer missing out on making something not fucking irredeemable trash or is he leading somewhere? I hope latter, but I also think he's acting retarded possibly due to being a retard and Superior Foes was a fluke.

No, but no one execept the ignorant and naive are saying that, and no one except the paranoid or stupid think that anyone was proposing it in the first place

>No, that is not what they have been doing at all.
Now you're just outright lying.
>Whor
>Captain Falcon
>Captain Marvel
>Hellcat
This is just off the top of my head
>It's text book propaganda.
It's textbook TRUTH.
>No, I say he wrong, then point out many agree with him.
And that he is on topic. If he's on topic and many agree with him Occam's Razor states you're the one who's wrong.
>But my nationality doesn't change whether or not I am right.
Actually it does. It determines whether or not your opinion bears any weight whatsoever. If you're not a Westerner you don't understand Western issues.

>was
He IS right.

>Do you support mass immigration with no limits/checks
I do
since that gives me more profit, I dont care about the country anyway since i can just get out if shit hits the fan

For caring so much

oy VEY

Why do you assume that I care so much? I only "care" when there's one of the threads, the rest of the time I completely forget this shit exists because it's not worth dwelling on outside of dedicated shitposting threads.

oh user... dear sweet user how the stupidity of the world would surprise you.

Get out and go where?

wish i was jewish that would open up new business opportunities

Captain America seems to think so and I'd follow him anywhere. So I guess he is.

Jokes on you, that's my other waifu!

White militants are the cause of the most deaths and acts of terrorism in America for the past decade.

Funny, except Sup Forums is a containment board for newfags that joined the site in 2006 in response to the Hal Turner raids.

>White militants are the cause of the most deaths and acts of terrorism in America for the past decade.

Okay. What was the point of this non-sequitur, exactly?

anywhere hell theres even a 3rd world country im eying because you can do anything you want if you have the cash

>Now you're just outright lying.
>>Whor
>>Captain Falcon
>>Captain Marvel
>>Hellcat
None of them have been painting white males as demons. all of those issues have white men that are not shown as evil.
>It's textbook TRUTH.
It's not truth. it'zs the opposite of the truth. it take the bad action of a few and use it to represent a whole population who aren't uilty of that.
>And that he is on topic. If he's on topic and many agree with him Occam's Razor states you're the one who's wrong.
That... that is not even how the Occam's Rzor work. Like, it can't even be applied, here. and having the majority agreeing with you doesn't make your words magically true.
>It determines whether or not your opinion bears any weight whatsoever.
It doesn't really. my origin doesn't change the reality of my words (I am a westerner, btw).

>Okay. What was the point of this non-sequitur, exactly?
That depends. What do you think is the point of your link? To show me that crazy people doing illegal things exist?

These are vigilantes. That is not legal activity, regardless of how much you agree with them. These are people who were fucking fired from Border Patrol.

>Sup Forums
>2006

The rich should just be lynched. the fact that you just want to live out the rest of your days in some shithole instead of carve out a legacy for yourself is pathetic.

You're a very boring person, enjoy your rotting meatbag while it lasts.

Well, only time will tell.
I hope when you look back to now you won't regret the thought

>That is not legal activity

Source?

He's pretty damn persuasive. Almost makes you forget the Nazis killed millions of their ancestors in their attempted conquest.

user, where do you think we are? The only thing anyone here should be regretting is that they're here to begin with, and that includes you.

>White militants are the cause of the most deaths and acts of terrorism in America for the past decade.

Holy shit this is hilarious, yes we know of the famous terrorist attacks they performed in american soil! Like uh.... And... Uh... Yeah none.
Stop bullshitting you tard, look at a list of terror attacks, then despair.
You classifying random shit as terror attacks or just pretending your make believe is real does not make it so.

mmmyup, okay then.

Because that's not the writers intent, the writer is trying to show the evil red skull is saying evil things look how evil people who argee with it are.

You sound like one of the paranoid ones.

I see you haven't been here long enough. It's okay, we were all new once. I hope you don't regret it later.

>patrolling PRIVATE land with the owners' invitation is illegal because you are stopping non-citizens fron trespassing not only into said land, but also into the country as a whole
This is fucking hilarious.

>b-but muh evil men with guns
>lets just open border for everyobe all the time :DDD
>surely america will sustain itself once it's been flooded with all sorts
I'm a hispanic third worlder, pro tip, you are the worst kind of american, because you only make things worse for those of us that want to cross in legally.

>At least during Japanese reconstruction the same mistakes weren't made again.

The difference between Versailles and Japanese reconstructions was that the former did not grind the defeated into mud nearly hard enough, and the technical possibility to attempt a rematch persisted.

Well then, thank god the Nazis really were mustache twirling villains after all. Could you imagine how ethically awkward the whole war would have been if Germany only crime was a completely justified land grab

you're so wrong it hurts.

I know it'll be pointless, but I wanted to say I admire your valiant attempt at bringing logic into his thread.

Yes.

Yep

Europeans should've never been allowed into the Americas since they proceeded to murder and rape the natives

Native Americans were too retarded to create a country.

>natives
They migrated from Siberia :^)