Why was everyone biased against Slytherin?

Why was everyone biased against Slytherin?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=351Aa5q_S98
mtv.com/news/2155419/jk-rowling-slytherin-racially-superior/
youtube.com/watch?v=_2izAotP9go
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Two answers.

Reality: Plot reasons.

Story based logic: The Slytherins were considered evil or just mean spirited Witches and Wizards in general. They constantly bullied and harassed other students throughout the series.

Because they were cunts.
Even the "good" ones were comprised of a manipulative and self indulgent teacher, and another teacher that was so bitter about Chad taking his waifu that he bullied children for decades.

The story built the narrative that you should boo and hiss whenever Slytherin was even mentioned, before they even did anything. It was a tad unfair. Their living quarters was a dungeon for fucks sake.

Which teacher was the manipulative self indulgent one?

they're just bent on personal success as opposed to friendship. JRR didn't do a good job of fleshing them out and except maybe for Slughorn everyone there was painted as evil or at least a total cunt

>Slytherin you had the most points but I'm gonna give gryffindor these extra "fuck you" points just cause.

We all know the only reason Slytherin has the most points is because Snape docks points from all other houses for fuck all. They had won seven years in a row before the series events.

Slughorn.
He outright states that he uses nepotism and favouritism to get people to high positions, then uses those connections to get himself stuff for free.

Slytherin got a bunch of fake points from Snape anyway

How about dissolve Slytherin as a house then, so they are forced to interact with the "good" kids, and maybe get some positive influence? Or, barring that, as soon as the hat sends someone to Slytherin, expel them from Hogwarts, and make it a crime to teach them magic. Seems like it would save them a lot of trouble in the long run.

If I got put into a certain house because of a fucking hat, and everyone treated me like shit for the rest of my life because of it, I'd probably grow to be kind of angry too. Dumbledore was a shitty headmaster.

Even as a kid this pissed me off.

Was there even a "good"- good as not evil- character in Slytherin? Never cared about the books and stopped watching the movies after Azkaban.
I remember there were no gray zones at all on this matter.
BRAVO JK

Slytherin is the most based. They got Harry Potter but the sorting hat gave him griffendor because the hats a real nigga and was trying to help Harry score with hermonie

But that never happened because griffendor is the cuck house
Slyrherin was by far the LEAST autistic house in all of hog warts

>Slytherin was by far the LEAST autistic house in all of hog warts

Holy shit this. Slytherin easily had the smartest students.

If we go by Chamber of secrets, the problem had existed for over 60 years, probably more.

Im b4 DULLEST

Snape. He was an asshole but at the end of the day he did the right thing. Also, there are a bunch of adults we see who might have been in Slytherin as children for all we know and turned out alright.

The Prequel Star Wars Trilogy > LOTR > Original Star Wars Trilogy > Entire Harry Potter Series

youtube.com/watch?v=351Aa5q_S98

I too would be bitter if this happened to me.

Snape ended up being the best guy ever and everyone recognizes him as a martyr. Nothing neutral there and one would I argue it's the exception that proves the rule
And the alright adults are as far as I remember never mentioned or shown, It's just a assumption, a rational one, but it doesn't really make you feel any better about Slytherin

Fun fact: in "the Cursed Child" Harry's autistic son gets sorted into Slytherin and becomes best friends with Malfoy's autistic son.

The narrative tries to tell you he's the best guy ever, but the fact remains that he was a bitter, bullying cunt that sabotaged the education of hundreds, if not thousands, of children

So boruto basically

>Griffindor kids get points from saving the world from Evil Wizard Reborn
>Slytherin whores get points from literally sucking Snape's cock as depicted in Witch Trainer

Merlin
Regulus Black
Horace Slughorn
Pretty sure I read somewhere Harry's kid is in slytherin

For many of the adults we don't know which house they were in period.

>Hogwarts foundation: Circa Tenth Century
>Merlin: Circa Sixth Century
BRAVO ROWLING

After fantastic beasts Rowling is making a hogwarths founder movie. The fassbender is being eyed to play salazar who is initially anti Muggle because his family were burned alive by Muggles in Ireland but he becomes the hero of the story and saves mud bloods and Muggle born children after proto death eaters invade hogwarths. He comes back during the Battle and finds non pure blood students being fed on by dementia and casts a expecto pretronous signifying his change of hear. T. Guy at Warner Bros.

this
people complain about dumbledore favoring griffindor but ignore how fucking anal snape was

I hope they show the scene where Slytherin volunteers to build the 12-year old girls' bathrooms and nobody finds this suspicious.

i mean the guy was a literal cuck, no wonder he got so bitter

Maybe in her canon thats when Merlin lived.

If Guy Ritchie can have Arthur be King of England I don't see why Merlin can't have a 400 year timeskip.

>tfw you'll never be transported back in time, sorted into Slytherin so you can save Bellatrix

What amazes me is how the entire world is not biased yet against Harry Potter, the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously, each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

weasley family (parents) are 100% in griffindor

>Merlin
>who lived in the dark ages by even the most generous legends claims, and some put him as living in barely post Roman Britain
>being in a school set up in the medieval era
She really needs someone to filter her before she says dumb shit like that.

all they seem to be known for is being arseholes
why would anyone want to live in that house?

See
Merlin isn't the first mythical thing she's incorporated into her series and she's far from the first to do so. It seems like a weird thing to nitpick. Especially considering its a children's book

I dated a girl for years who was really into Harry Potter during her childhood, so we used to make a lot of jokes and references all the time.

>what house do you think you would be in?
>id be in slytherin probably. would you still like me if i was in slytherin?

She got so randy that we had terrific sex then and there.

Bitches fucking love getting SLYTHERED.

You are an asshole and want to live with the Staceys (not the Chads, those are griffindor)

No, Rowling is literally a hack. I think she's stated that Slytherin students are no different from the other houses, but she never demonstrates this in the books.

Imagine if you said black people were normal and no different than whites. Then you wrote a book series about them resurrecting black Dracula.

The whole point of Merlin is that he, alongside Arthur, were bright lights in the dark that were brought down by tragedy and hubris.
If you just throw his name out there in the wrong era because you fucked up and forgot to make any non asshole Slytherin's, it's completely pointless.
What's worse is that there's hardly a lack of ambitious British people with an air of mystery in that era for her to choose from.

There's a million other things to be triggered from in this children's series if an anachronism regarding a mythical figure is what does you in.

I can't picture you reading any of these without blowing a gasket.

Oh shut up, that's like saying who cares they put Abraham Lincoln in the 1930s it's just a children's book. Fucking ridiculous

That's because you're the type of idiot that reads a dissenting opinion and thinks disagreement equals rage.
It's a dumb idea she threw out because she didn't think it through, and there are plenty of reasons why.

All the gymnantiscs and rationalisations won't change that.

Its actually nothing like that.

Don't watch Guy Ritchie's King Arthur. Your head will explode.

>wizard Hitler and every other notorious wizard criminal all come from the same house
>every Slytherin we meet at Hogwarts is an asshole
>Slytherin is basically the juvenile delinquent house

My headcanon is that house system was a front so they could corral all the problem kids into one place. Their dorms are literally in the dungeon.

>That's because you're the type of idiot that reads a dissenting opinion and thinks disagreement equals rage.

Its actually not. I never said you were "enraged" I said you were triggered. Which you clearly are because a footnote in a children's novel has you making posts like this.

I hope you get gang raped

It's the other way around, Salazar Slytherin invented the sorting hat so only purebloods were put in one house so the day of the pyre was easy to pull on all the race mixers

The weasel words you're using to imply something then run away and acting smug when that implication is taken, piss me off far more than a hack author trying to cover her books holes with ricepaper.

But I'm glad to see you've accepted how stupid the idea was since you're no longer trying to defend it.

"Oh mom I really made some sperg rage on the internet today" " thats nice dear"

They're the niggers of HP

>that's like saying who cares they put Abraham Lincoln in the 1930s
Abraham Lincoln was a very real US president. Merlin was a character in a story. Which of those things did you not know when you hit Post?

On a side note, the goblins that run gringgotts are Jews right? I mean they look like jews

>triggered, as in upset, disconcerted
>enraged, as in furious, angry

>weasel words
No I think the problem here is you have very low reading comprehension. But while you're at it what am I no longer "trying to defend"?

That its not a big deal if a mythical character gets used in anyway that remotely deviates from your established canon? There's no arguing with autism at that level user. Stubborn people need to come around by themselves.

Apparently Rowling couldn't decide if each house selected for morally-neutral characteristics, with Slytherin getting ambitious and individualistic students who didn't give much priority to empathy but without being necessarily evil, or if evil people just went to Slytherin.

Too white

She seems like she has a dry cooter.

Part of what makes the Harry Potter series an,intetesting marker in the history of film is that theyhad all these British theatre trained actors at their disposal ripe for taking roles as professors, dursleys, etc and it made the series a little more than an absolute Marvel teir cash grab but not by much

>intetesting marker in the history of film is that theyhad all these British theatre trained actors at their disposal ripe for taking roles as professors
What is Star Wars (1977)?

They're the trump of Harry Potter houses.

Got any Titanic jokes? How about Paris Hilton?

She said that everyone that were sorted into Slytherin are racists.

Not for nothing, but this jk broad sounds like a real pain in the you know where. Am I right fellas?

Source?

mtv.com/news/2155419/jk-rowling-slytherin-racially-superior/

First article that came up when I googled it.

Wow what a fucking cunt

Prepare yourself for the edgiest shit you'll see today

youtube.com/watch?v=_2izAotP9go

This isn't edgy this is pure cringe

Slytherin was controlled opposition, hufflepuff and ravenclaw were controlled mediocrity and allies, all de-aged crisis actors. Hogwarts was an unsafe deathtrap on purpose. The only real house was Gryffindor, which is where wizard eugenics test subjects were trained from a very early age to be the mightiest practitioners of magic, and amazing physical specimens, in order to defend humanity against shit way worse than Voldemort.

Regular witches and wizards went to small community schools which were very safe and not prone to world-ending climactic events every semester.

yes

>We're lightning fast on our guitars
>There are no guitars in the song
Am I missing something here?

Yes but the careers involved are different because it was a different time period. Things similar to one another can happen at different times, but one doesn't negate the other

Because that happens in real life too, people are biased against some things that aren't necessarily bad, for no reason or for reasons they don't even know.

Bump

Because the Hat sent evil people to Slytherin, that's literally it

Give an example, I think you are over simplifying it

st-st-st-stop

Hitler

Success breed jealousy
The plebs always yearn for what the patricians have

JEZUS READ THE COMMENTS GUYS HOLY SHIT

Wouldn't all brits be put into slytherian since every brit hates either pakis or poles

OK good point, I too thought Hitler was bad till I watched the accurate translations of his speeches. Dude made some good points and you have to be biased not to admit that

-politics in general
-Nickelback (many people never even listened to them to confirm they are bad)

Because JK Rowling is a dogshit writer that has no sense of nuance or scale.

Thank u m8. I was getting afraid i wouldn't find the pasta this time.

Not memeing, but white nationalism for example.

The idea that whites should live with others of their kind is heresy, but really nothing inherently evil.

'Harry Potter was a mistake'
J.K. Rowling.

Nah he's probably gonna start out as the good guy and become evil by the end, like magneto

but according do witch trainer the one who sucks the most dicks for points is definately from gryffindor

Bump

this
they were a voice of reason in cuckwarts. No wonder everyone hated them

Has Rowling ever written anything that isn't some sort of allegorical historical fanfiction?

>lol harry potter the BASED mixed race hero and his diverse crew fight against the evil dark lord DRUMPFELMORT and his sturmtroopers also known as the aryan brotherhood of slytherin

I mean, Rowling literally wrote the first book while on welfare and voting Labour. What the hell do you expect? I'm stunned Hermione wasn't named Fatima and wore a hijab.

leaving the whole house rivalry thing aside imagine if you were just one of the regular students wondering why a bunch of first years are each getting 50 points

White isn't a nationality. "White nationalism" is just a retarded American attempt at politically correct racism. America isn't a nation state and should stop pretending to be.

Replace white nationalism with ethnonationalism then.