AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Information Round-Up

>Directed by Joe & Anthony Russo ("Captain America: Civil War").

>Written by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely ("Captain America: Civil War").

>Cinematography by Trent Opaloch ("Captain America: Civil War").

>Score by Alan Silvestri ("The Avengers").

>Jon Favreau ("Iron Man") and James Gunn ("Guardians of the Galaxy") as executive producers and creative consultants.

>Plot centers on the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy joining forces to prevent Thanos from assembling the Infinity Stones to conquer the Universe.

>Featured characters so far include Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket, Groot, Mantis, Nebula, Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Winter Soldier, Falcon, Nick Fury, Maria Hill, Wong, Valkyrie, Loki, the Collector, the Black Order and Thanos.

>Rumored characters so far include Ant-Man, Pepper Potts, Betty Ross, Secretary Thaddeus Ross and Captain Carol Danvers.

>Peter Dinklage has been cast in an undisclosed pivotal role in the movie.

>Reported budget of roughly $500 million.

>Release date May 4, 2018.

>Standalone movie that also leads to the sequel slated for May 3, 2019.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v7MGUNV8MxU
ew.com/movies/2017/03/10/thor-ragnarok-tessa-thompson-valkyrie/
collider.com/thor-ragnarok-tessa-thompson-valkyrie-details/
moviepilot.com/p/tessa-thompson-valkyrie-what-you-need-to-know-thor-ragnarok/4245479
slashfilm.com/valkyrie-avengers-infinity-war/
movieweb.com/thor-3-ragnarok-valkyrie-tessa-thompson-photo/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Set one year after CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR. The Avengers are fractured and have gone separated ways. Steve Rogers has abandoned the identity of Captain America and is searching for his place in the world, while Tony Stark has isolated himself from the world and is obsessively preparing Earth's defenses against another potential alien invasion. The movie revolves around them putting their differences aside and rebuilding the Avengers to stop Thanos.

>Set four years after GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2. The team members older and more experienced, with Groot having reached adulthood. They've also become intergalactic authorities and because of this they don't get along with the Avengers at first when they breach into their territory. They'll be supporting characters and mostly provide comic relief.

>The two groups come together when Thanos deploys his army to retrieve the Infinity Stones scattered throughout the cosmos. They are led by the Black Order, a cabal of cybernetically-enhanced intergalactic assassins led by Corvus Glaive, played Terry Notary.

>Thanos is enamorated by the embodiment of Death and plans to use the Infinity Stones to reshape the universe in her honor. He can be viewed as the main character of the movie.

>Thor, Scarlet Witch, Winter Soldier, Nebula and Loki will have major roles in the movie alongside Rogers and Stark. Thor is hellbent on stopping Thanos after the events of THOR: RAGNAROK; Scarlet Witch has "personal stakes" in the mission and is the only one powerful enough to challenge Thanos; Winter Soldier will be seeking redemption and undergo a "heroic transformation"; Nebula will keep seeking revenge against Thanos; and Loki will be acting as Thanos' advisor in the war while pursuing an agenda of his own.

>>Rumored characters so far include Ant-Man
Fucking hell, my boy Lang needs to be in the movie or I ain't interested

>The movie will revolve around character interactions. Notable ones include Rogers and Stark's strained partnership; Stark's newfound friendships with Doctor Strange and Spider-Man; Rogers' longstading friendships with Winter Soldier and Black Widow; and the romances between Black Widow & Hulk and Scarlet Witch & Vision, plus the interactions between the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy.

>The movie will feature numerous new alien worlds and environments, leading up to a pivotal battle in Thanos' domain.

>There's a segment about Scarlet Witch and Vision being attacked during a romantic interlude in Scotland by Corvus Glaive and his mistress Proxima Midnight.

>There's a segment of a human-looking Vision, apparently without the Mind Stone, although that could be the result of an image inducer.

>There's a segment featuring Thor, Valkyrie, Iron Man, Nick Fury and Rocket in the Asgardiann temple first glimpsed in Thor's vision from AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON.

>There's reportedly a segment featuring Black Widow and Winter Soldier in Wakanda.

>Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Star-Lord, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Falcon and Winter Soldier, among others, are confirmed to be featured in the battle in an alien wasteland first glimpse in Stark's vision from AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON.

>Thor will have Mjolnir back.

>Spider-Man has a new suit.

Kang should have been the villain, coming from the future to assemble the stones, getting them stolen by Thanos, and then uniting to the heroes in the final film to defeat him

>Written by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely ("Captain America: Civil War").

Dropped

>>Directed by Joe & Anthony Russo ("Captain America: Civil War").
>>Written by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely ("Captain America: Civil War").
>>Cinematography by Trent Opaloch ("Captain America: Civil War").

Civil war was shit and so will be this too

>no black panther
And Dropped.

>reported budget of $500 million
Is that even enough for all those actors

Kang is Fox's because he is a Richards.

So Dinklage is totally Pip, right? I want the movie to have a 30 minute sequence that's just a straight up adaptation of that solo adventure Pip had during Starlin's original Warlock run. The one with the sexy blue hooker with a tail.

>mainly an Avengers' villain
>belongs to Fox because of some distant connection to Mr. fantastic and Doctor Doom

Fuck that shit! If they got Quicksilver, they could have got Kang too

So they need like 1.2 billion $ box office to even start making profit?

Not happening.

>30 CHARACTERS
>7 MAIN CHARACTERS
>REPORTED BUDGET OF HALF A BILLION
>MAIN VILLAIN IS A PURPLE ALIEN GRAPEFRUIT DONE BY COMPUTER WHO LITERALLY FALLS IN LOVE WITH DEATH
>SERVES AS THE CLIMAX TO A SERIES OF 15 FILMS RELEASED OVER A DECADE, EVEN IF MOST PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY STOPPED TRYING TO FOLLOW THE PLOT
>2 ROMANCES
>FILMED LARGELY IN FRONT OF A GREEN SCREEN
>A GALAXY-WIDE COLORFUL ADVENTURE DIRECTED BY THE GUYS WHOSE MAIN ACTION SETPIECE WAS IN A FUCKING GREY PARKING LOT

This shit is borderline experimental. Will literally change the landscape of Hollywood if it suceeds. We talking "Lord of the Rings" landscape change here.

>Black Widow & Hulk

you mean 2 billion since the marketing costs are usually not included in this shit

>FILMED LARGELY IN FRONT OF A GREEN SCREEN

this, along with the probably generic story as well as cringe inducing jokes, is the thing that really bothers me. you just know they will use a lot of CGI, which would be alright if they actually did it right. the CGI in the last couple of movies was outright bad, especially in Civil War

How the fuck can a multi billion dollar franchise STILL not have solid CGI is beyond me. Disney should have enough money to finance that shit since even Transformers 1 has far better CGI than their movies. it's goddamn pathetic at this point

I dont even care for Marvel movies, but this shit is crazy.

>Set four years after GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2. The team members older and more experienced, with Groot having reached adulthood. They've also become intergalactic authorities

Russos, pls don't make Star Lord be a serious business guy who stops listening to music.

read the whole fucking thing, the characters will be used as comic relief. I don't even know why it's mentioned that they are more experienced since they will be the same kind of incompetent and "lol so funny" as they always were

I for one welcome serious business Starlord sacrificing himself to save the universe from the Many-Angled-Ones.

>not based Luis

>"Scarlet Witch has "personal stakes" in the mission"
>Vision not listed as one of the main characters outside of one early scene in the movie

Vision gets killed and has the mind stone ripped out of his head and then it's personal for Scarlet Witch confirmed

1.2 billion is nothing for them, have you been paying attention? Civil War, which is their worst film yet, made 1.1 billion.

Sad. But now I've got a pissed off Wanda to look forward to.

I'm curious how strong she really is in these movies, considering her comic version.

So, by the 2nd Infinity War movie, we should have 24 heroes on the screen:

Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Hulk
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Scarlet Witch
Vision
Star-Lord
Gamora
Drax
Rocket
Groot
Mantis
Nebula
Spider-Man
Doctor Strange
Winter Soldier
Falcon
War Machine
Ant-Man
Wasp
Black Panther
Captain Marvel

I hope there's one big shot with all of them together.

James Gunn is a producer on the movie and helping out with keeping their personalities intact.

>Yes, I'm an Executive Producer on Infinity War. I've been working hard with the Russo brothers, with the Marvel guys, with Kevin Feige, to make sure that any of the characters that I'm involved with, that are in that movie are well taken care of and are as funny as they should be, and are as honest and truthful as they should be. So I've been dealing with them all the time. I've been talking to the actors on set every single day as we go through production, and it's been a great experience so far.

>Hulk
Didn't he flee at the end of AoU?

>Score by Alan Silvestri
P I C K E D U P

>Directed by Joe & Anthony Russo ("Captain America: Civil War").

>Cinematography by Trent Opaloch ("Captain America: Civil War").
so it's going to be a horribly ugly, televisual piece of shit, just like Civil War and The Winter Soldier

good to know

I'm extremely interested in how they're going to pull this off.

I'm kinda hoping they don't fuck this up because this could open the door for something brand new for "serious" films

I can't believe it. Not only do you faggots watch comic movies, you even have little round-up threads to discuss what may or may not happen in them, based on a handful of names.

Go for a walk. Get some air.

>Stop enjoying things!

>Will literally change the landscape of Hollywood if it suceeds
>meanwhile based Cameron is currently filming 4 movies at the same time

Whoa! So this time airport scene will be a 15x15 fight instead of 6x6. Incredible! Is there anything Marvel can't do?

>So this time airport scene will be a 15x15 fight instead of 6x6
I don't even know where you got this from.
It's not a heroes versus heroes movie.
The gray space airport fight is going to be 30 versus 1

It's going to be an inevitable mess

Can't wait for the HAHAHAposting. It's gonna be glorious

Post yfw the entire cast squares off outside a 7/11

What was wrong with Civil War? Easily had some of the smartest writing and actions scenes in the entire MCU imo

>Easily had some of the smartest writing and actions scenes in the entire MCU imo

Sure, but that isn't saying much.

I've watched Civil War at least five times. It's capekino.

Orange Slices line is shit, but that's about it

>>Written by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely ("Captain America: Civil War").

>>Cinematography by Trent Opaloch ("Captain America: Civil War").

DROPPED

The largest box office MCU movie managed is 1.4 billion. Only 4 of them broke 1b $.

You really think this will gross 2 billion?

Most people stopped caring about Avengers.

>Most people stopped caring about Avengers.
That's why they're bringing the Guardians for this. Marvel understands that the reason that the first Avengers did so well relied almost purely on the crossover appeal, people were excited to see how these characters would react to each other. Once that happened it just became normality.
Now they're banking a lot on "Avengers will meet the Guardians" to bring everyone in. Expect posters that feature an avenger and their guardian counterpart (Iron Man and Starlord, Hulk and Groot, Black Widow and Gamora, Scarlet Witch and Mantis, etc...) and then a full 2-part poster that has both teams in.

It'll prolly reach 2 billion (1 billion per movie is guaranteed at least), but it won't pass Avatar. Unless the movie has real good word of mouth.

>Avengers
>$1.519 billion

>Avengers 2
>$1.405 billion

>Avengers 3
>$1.153 billion

Are they really hoping that Avengers 4 will make enough to cover that retarded budget?

This isn't man of steel and sears user

It wasn't Avengers 3.. if anything it was 2.5..

I genuinely don't know how this gets made without being a 3-hour long quip-fest chore like the first Avengers movie

>I hope there's one big shot with all of them together.

Kek. If they can pull that off ill be impressed

$500mill was the reported budget for when they were filming both part one and two back to back. Now they've decided against that one big filming block and back with independent shoots for each entry.

I'd imagine the costs will probably be about 300mil for each IW film now. They are going to make bank though - even if the spending gets close to a billion for both when the advertising budgets are tacked on - could well imagine both entries getting close to the 2billion mark in takings.

>I hope there's one big shot with all of them together.

Twenty-four characters... that's what IMAX was invented for I suppose.

On /r/marvelstudios there's still some posters who think the TV crews will be added as too (another dozen or so)

>Get off his lawn!

>Standalone movie that also leads to the sequel slated for May 3, 2019.
>SEQUEL

fuck. i thought this was the last one.

fuck off retard

>He can be viewed as the main character of the movie

thank god

>rocket going ballistic with Thor
>two best characters in MCU cutting loose

Hype

story slightly less retarded than the comic, that would be the last thing to make you drop it

>Scarlet Witch has "personal stakes" in the mission and is the only one powerful enough to challenge Thanos

Wait Scarlet Witch is the most powerful? Why isn't she sorcerer supreme instead of Strange btw?

Relax lads Falcon and Black Widow are on The Mad Titan. The power of SMGs and a pistol is not to be mocked.

>inb4 the gif of Hulk buttfucking her pussy

They won't get close to 2b. The hype is pretty much gone. Most people don't give a shit about big purple villain guy.

1.5b is possible if movie is good and they hit marketing right, but 2b is definitely out of reach.

Strange worked his ass off to learn magic. Scarlet Witch just had her genes fucked about with aka lazy as fuck women cheat their way to the top on the back of a man again.

Strange is the Sorcerer Supreme for the entire universe, he can't play favorites between the humans and Thanos.

>Loki will be acting as Thanos' advisor in the war

Oh boy, another movie where Loki is playing both sides.

fuck yeah, Stark and Strange team-up

Scarlet Witch is basically Jean Grey. She can do anything that the plot requires. I think there was one storyline where she reset the universe or something.

How come he saved earth from that big demon head then, if he can't play favorites

>Winter Soldier will be seeking redemption and undergo a "heroic transformation"

Oh fuck me, is Steve Rogers going to die on this so Buckycap can become a thing on the MCU?

Scarlett witch can rewrite reality with powers. It's not magic.

No Hella? She is hella hot.

Scarlet Witch reboots the whole universe

it's actually really interesting

Don't count on it. Falcon is going to be the new Cap because muh diversity

Yeah this movie is going to be a clusterfuck. I predict it's going to crash and burn

Daily reminder that Valkyrie got BLACKED.

When will the Hollyjews end this bullshit?

Some of the rights don't make sense at all. It all must be a huge nightmare for both sides. Its probably why fox doesn't bother using more than 6 fantastic four characters cause they gotta dig through hard copy files to find out if they can or not.

Why is Jon Favreau still working on these? Wasn't Chef a cry for help?

No, user, that's Winter Soldier, not Civil War. You got the two Captain movies mixed up!

>all these characters surviving

nah, like 3-5 of them are going to die.

>tfw no Whedon
At least let him come in and write some jokes.

As long as they don't kill my nigga Ant-Man I hope most die.

>working on Justice League
>going to direct Bat Girl

Whedon jumped ships to the studio that actually lets directors take control. As fine as the first Avengers was, it would have been much better if Whedon had been allowed to do whatever the hell he wanted.

Is she confirmed Valkyrie by name? She totally seems more like caiera

I hope antman dies first, he's probably the most disposable.

Yes mate, she's even in the trailer:

Considering motherfucker has a new movie coming out, no he ain't.

>Is she confirmed Valkyrie by name?
>Yes mate, she's even in the trailer:
>doesn't call her Valkyrie by name

idiot

Thats just too much, considering people are probably gonna get tired of the superhero crap soon, this is probably gonna flop.

Does production budget of 500m means that the full price is around a 1bill?

Very cool.

>Featured characters so far include Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket, Groot, Mantis, Nebula, Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Winter Soldier, Falcon, Nick Fury, Maria Hill, Wong, Valkyrie, Loki, the Collector, the Black Order and Thanos.
*throws up*

Hey you thickheaded nigger, who else do you think that role is supposed to be?

ew.com/movies/2017/03/10/thor-ragnarok-tessa-thompson-valkyrie/
collider.com/thor-ragnarok-tessa-thompson-valkyrie-details/
moviepilot.com/p/tessa-thompson-valkyrie-what-you-need-to-know-thor-ragnarok/4245479
slashfilm.com/valkyrie-avengers-infinity-war/
movieweb.com/thor-3-ragnarok-valkyrie-tessa-thompson-photo/

this movie sounds like a bloated clusterfuck waiting to happen, but admittedly it could work with all the previous movies put before it to add context

>Is she confirmed Valkyrie by name? She totally seems more like caiera

gee I don't know.... maybe.... Caiera?