Despite how great Forever Evil was, are we all in agreement that the Crime Syndicate has basically been wasted?

Despite how great Forever Evil was, are we all in agreement that the Crime Syndicate has basically been wasted?

Atomica
>Smushed
Ultraman
>Erased from existence
Owlman
>Exploded on the moon
The Grid
>Deleted
Superwoman
>Torn in half
Power Ring
>Broken
Johnny Quick
>Captain Colded
Deathstorm
>Drained and smashed

That sort of shit happens when you go against Sexy Lexy and Big Blue Dong.

Johns barely did anything with them too

First of all, it's comic books. They'll be back whenever someone else wants them to be back. With that said, since they're "dead" for the moment, it'll be a while before their next appearances probably. Which is a good thing. They had a good run with Forever Evil, give them a break and write some other villains for a while.

he barely did anything with 90% of the cast in his entire run

Don't forget Sea King!
Johnny Quick's death was GOAT, though.

>Johns barely did anything with them too

What was Forever Evil?

Johns turned the JL into Lex Luthor and Captain Cold the comic

more than half of the JL did nothing

And don't forget Sea King.
>Dead on Arrival

I thought Grid and Owlman where going to have neat side adventures. Shame

Plus Grid could have been a good ongoing foe for Cyborg

>Johns turned the JL into Lex Luthor and Captain Cold the comic

You say that like it's a bad thing.

I think what I appreciate most is johns fleshed them out just enough to make them more distinct than evil justice league copies. Like Owlman's whole thing about order or ultraman being might makes right. heck his whole thing with power ring actually made the character rather unique

>and Captain Cold

I wish

He was in like 5 issues and then wasn't mentioned again

When did those happen to Superwoman and Ultraman?

Darkseid War.

I absolutely loved their origins and flashbacks in the FE tie in issues of JL.
But I'm salty as fuck that Superwoman didn't get exploded like them.
A missed opportunity I think. Could have had Grail & Superwoman raise him together and have lesbian scenes.

I really thought they were gonna do something with Owlman, maybe harassing Dick.

Would've been a good plot for Batman and Robin Eternal.

Right? Owlman is the biggest missed opportunity of them all and for the reason that you pointed out: he'd be the literal best nemesis Dick could ever have.

Yeah you know those ridiculously powerful evil (and by evil I mean ballsmashingly evil) counterparts of the Justice League

Yeah them, we're just gonna let the most powerful villains in the multiverse just run around after the comic event and do whatever they want on Earth that makes total sense

Explored not exploded

>Grid
>Good

>I really thought they were gonna do something with Owlman, maybe harassing Dick.

Not possible since the Batbook and Justice League editorial are really rivals/competitors. The fact that Bat-editorial didn't take a massive dump on FE was amazing as was them doing Grayson.

That was the plot of FE. Basically them BTFO of the Justice League and for Luthor's Injustice League to save the day. It's why Johns hasn't used them much since it's was a one time thing.

Grail was retardedly overpowered

She has probably single handedly set back acceptance of new characters by a decade we are going back into the oc get it away from me phase

Actually we have no indication GRID was deleted, for all we know he's still in the Mobius Chair waiting for someone to find him

>doesn't want to have a nice day

>Can take electricity because reasons
>Victor growing back body parts because reasons

I don't understand d.c. fans and they're obsession with d.c. war machine . Look it's batman as a secret agent and he's not a dicc! Wow

...what?

Your shitposting is too shitty, most people won't even recognize what you're trying to shitpost about.

Their introduction and basically nothing happened there.

So what? she was fucking badass.
She is like Gorr the god butcher. A horrifically menacing tangible threat.

Oh no, they're dead. The ultimate end in comic books.

No returning from that!

He basically redid what Grant Morrison had done before.

Not really. Morrison's Earth-2 CSA versions really didn't have very distinct identities other than Owlman making a cuck of Ultraman and the CSA doing things for lulz. Johns fleshed out their backgrounds/histories using a lot of the pre-crisis stuff.

How the hell do you come back from the deaths that they suffered? Their planet is dead, and they all had gruesome, on-panel deaths. The only thing that could bring them back is another multiversal reboot, or for there to be a second multiverse or something like that, which would COMPLETELY trivialize death in comics.

They are both terrible characters.

They are so evil they break out of Hell.

There, done.

Could have one of the currently unknown Earths be similar to Earth 3

>Johns barely did anything

Look, they just...they really screw with the whole ambiance. And they won't stop worshiping me, and that's just tacky.

No. The only one that was similar is probably the Anti-Matter Universe and their CSA.

>It turns out that's the CSA that got wiped out

It would make sense with the Anti-Monitor's involvement.

I think Multiversity confirmed they are from Earth-3. The Anti-Matter one hasn't been seen for a decade barring maybe their appearance in Busiek's Trinity.

Yeah, it's such a waste, plus they destroyed Earth-3 to boot.
I hope they either bring back Earth-3 somehow, or we get the Anti-Matter CSA again.

>which would COMPLETELY trivialize death in comics
Did you miss Jason and Bucky coming back. Or killing and resing Thor twice in five years?

Not a Marvel reader, so I'm not familiar with either Bucky or Thor's death(s). Jason's resurrection had real heft to it, and consequences, though.

Again we have like 4 or 5 Earth's that we know nothing about, wouldn't be surprised if one of them ends up being another Crime Syndicate world, maybe one closer to The Brave & The Bold version, or maybe the Crisis On Two Earths version

>Did you miss Jason and Bucky coming back.
Gwen Stacey (albeit an AU version of her) is back and Uncle Ben is or will be coming back, and I wouldn't put it past them to bring 616 Gwen back as well during Dead No More.

Fuck you god butcher / god bomb is fucking incredible.

My greatest gripe with Forever Evil is the fact that Finch was the artist. It would have been truly GOAT if it was drawn by Fabok or Reis. What a shame.

Yeah this. It sucked too cause I was looking forward to his interactions with the rest of the league.

I think Earth-3 will be reborn anew and a new Crime Syndicate will appear.

I mean, he's Lex' head of security, but do you really expect anyone to do anything with that who isn't named Geoff Johns?

yeah the orrery seems to have a mechanism that spits out Earths at least

Antimatter universe

It was an excuse for the Legion of Doom to go Toe-to-Toe with the Crime Syndicate of America.

Cool premise with a shit execution.

Was Ultraman still crying like a bitch when he died?

Nope. He surprisingly went down swinging. Could almost say that he had a heroic death if he wasn't, you know, Ultraman.

A waste of the Crime Syndicate.
Superwoman, Owlman, and Deathstorm couldn't not been there and it would've been the same since they barely did anything.

It really, really was since he ended up not doing anything with them of note you characterfag.

>Lex got Superman's powers and became King of Apokolips
Yeah, that's nothing, alright.

>Could have had Grail & Superwoman raise him together and have lesbian scenes.

Seriously, with a single mom Darkseid will never have a real loving Amazon upbringing.

And absolutely nothing interesting was done with that, just like the rest of the Justice League getting powers.

It's not enough to get a power up if the writer doesn't do jack shit with it.

Holy shit! Those things happened at THE END of his Justice League run!

I dunno, Batman sitting on Metron's chair seems to have had consequences.

>Darkseid as a baby
my sides

Superwoman was a qt

That baby is Superwoman's Kid, isn't it? And iirc, it's also actually Alexander Luthor's offspring, isn't it?
>my sides
Don't you mean, your seids?

She was a fucking slut, user.
Sluts aren't cute.

Too little, too late.

>That baby is Superwoman's Kid, isn't it? And iirc, it's also actually Alexander Luthor's offspring, isn't it?

Yes and yes, also being Darkseid.

>also being Darkseid.
I still don't understand how that even happens.

Was said to be ancient Amazon magic.

What fucking bullshit excuse.
Johns is a god damn hack.

>Tfw Metal Men and Doom Patrol did nothing

Forever Evil wasn't great at all.

Frankly Johns has written almost exclusive weak stories since Flashpoint.

>plastic man is still a puddle

what?
explain pls

plastic man got introduced in forever evil

eel obrien got turned into a puddle

the character hasn't been seen or heard from since

>Element Woman
>Metal Men
>Doom Patrol
>Plastic Man
FE was a mistake

His heart wasn't in it. Seems obvious after Rebirth

Metal Men have been having stories in Legends of tomorrow at least and Doom Patrol is coming back

I am talking how they were used in FE

It's comics people always come back user

There gone for at least 3 years though

Yeah its the son of evil Lois and eviler Lex. She cucked evil Superman and eviler Batman's brother.

Lex only just became ruler of apokalips though let's see how that pans out

I for one am hype
Also
>Luthor is such an egomaniac he reprogrammed his motherbox to say lex instead of ping
Brings a smile to my face every time I think about it.

They shouldn't come back. They're too gimmicky to stick around long. Remember their only pre-New 52 usage was in Grant Morrison's Earth 2 GN. Ultraman was also in Final Crisis.

Wait I thought earth 3 lex was a good guy.

Pre crisis was.
>Grant Morrison earth 2
never heard of that. Tell me more user.

If it were still written by Geoff Johns Luthor would have lost his powers and Apokolips, like, in the new two issues.

That's my main problem with his run. Shit happen for one issue and then is undone in the next. Sure, technically shit happened and everything, but man it did not felt like it,

Nu52 Earth-3 is the asshole universe, not the morality flip universe.

Grid and Atomica were the only real losses, the others run headlong into problems fitting in. Owlman is yet another evil Batman, Ultraman, Superwoman, and Johnny Quick offer nothing new as villains, and Deathstorm is ridiculously OP.

>Nu52 Earth-3 is the asshole universe, not the morality flip universe.
I really wish they'd stop doing that with Earth-3 variants, it's impossible to do more than one story with that kind of world, Morality Flip versions work much better

2000AD has managed to do it since the 70s. The strict morality, and meta, flip of the Antimatter universe is far more narrow.

Anti heroes, villains, and anti villains ruling an earth is much less narrow than morality being flipped.
There are tons of villain solo and team books where it works out just fine, even if said character or team don't face heroes.

Why not just have 1 of each a morality flip earth 3 and an arsehole universe earth 4

Admitidly the name earth 4 doesent sound very good maybe choose a difrent number

It was less that, and more of a, "in a world where evil is the norm, there wouldn't be any actual heroes, because they'd face evil on a normal basis." Kinda of like how people in our reality are less prone to do reprehensible shit the more civilized the area they're in, people in their reality are more prone to do reprehensible shit because that's the societal norm.

The Jokester was still a good guy, but only in that he was trying to kill Owlman. This did not prevent him from carving up Talon and shipping the pieces to Wayne Manor.

It wasn't great though
It was just okay
He barely had anything to work with becuase the nu52 is so barren

>tfw your favorite characters got rekt in this event
Why Mindwarp, why?

>Frankly Johns has written almost exclusive weak stories since right before Blackest Night
FTFY

Hey, look. It's Mindwarp's fan.

It's okay. My favorite niche villain is the Carpenter, and I know I'm never gonna see her again.

I liked Aquaman