Do you discuss movies in real life with other people...

Do you discuss movies in real life with other people? Do you know people with interesting taste or good taste like yourself? If not, do you pretend to like the crap they watch just so you can have a conversation or so they don't think you hate everything?
Or do you watch and enjoy normie pleb movies yourself?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YUSruA5mJa8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Thanks to Sup Forums I know about every movie ever made so it's easy to talk to normies about movies and they absolutely adore all the autistic behind the scenes gossip I know off of here about RDJs manlet shoes or Johnny Depp's divorce or whatever.

Absolutely not.
IRL you have to groups of people,those who will start movie conversation in which you will state opinions and be called retard/shrugged off,and those who are merely pretending to be into movies as such is the requirement to be in the "alternative" lifestyle scene.

The second ones usually have very narrow set of movies they create cult around and are usually edgy teen shit I want nothing to do with.

Every day I watch at least one movie,thats 7 movies a week.
most people don't watch that many in a year so I decide to keep it to myself and talk with you guys.

Yeah, I do. I usually test people, though. The vast majority are plebs and women (yeah, I know):
>What do you mean you didn't like season 6 of GoT, user? lol, Arya shouldn't die it, it's called fiction.
>Dude, GotG! Quips and nostalgia!
>I don't anything older than 10 years. They have terrible quality.
>Nolan is the best director out there!
>Bazinga! Sherlock! Star Wars!

On the other hand, I have two people to whom I can always talk about movies because they aren't retarded:
>You should definitely watch Perfume: the Story of a Murderer. It's an impressive thriller about identity.
>A Monster Calls IS a much superior movie when compared to HP
>So you've watched Dexter and thinks you like serial killers? Watch Silence of the Lambs
>You HAVE TO watch Prison Break and Heroes (back when both were new and on season 1)
>Check this Lost thing pilot. It looks good (the episode was , too bad about the rest of the show)
>

>Do you discuss movies in real life with other people?
yeah what kind of friendless loser doesn't?

>oi m8 have you seen [movie]
>nah m8
>did you know [actor] was in it?
>oh yeah from [another movie], that one was pretty good
>yeah

Rinse and repeat. Deep and intellectual discussions are embarrassing in real life

Literally this.

Seems like most the people I know primarily watch TV shows and not Netflix. Which is sad since I only watch about 2 TV shows currently running

>I'm really dumb and so are my friends

That's all you had to say

after a movie every says if they liked it or not. what parts were best / worst, what kind of emotional reaction if any. then we talk about normal people stuff

What counts as a deep or interesting or smart or intelligent conversation about movies (or a movie)?

>Deep and intellectual discussions are embarrassing in real life

this is sad

Most of the people I am good friends with actually good movies, that includes coworkers. If I am stuck around normies though I generally just pretend not to watch many movies or try to find those very rare instances of overlap.

I actually do. I watch shows and movies with my girl from time to time (only shitty CW shows though). I have a few friends that I talk about all kinds of TV related stuff. my best friends also like to watch movies and shows so there's a lot of discussions going on. none of them really care about actual dialogues, coherency, pacing, or cinematography so I'm usually the only one who takes that into consideration

I'm not really a fan of hiding my pet peeves although I'm not a fan of rubbing MY opinion on other people's supposedly shit tastes into their faces so the conversations are usually pretty nice

I only don't like people who watch old movies and suddenly think they know all there is about movies.

>friend of mine
>buys the hitchcock collection
>talk about movies with another friend of ours
>I say that movie X has shit camera work and that the story was pretty bad
>he doesn't agree at all (which is is right)
>after I bring some actual arguments for proof he starts talking about how I always think that I know better about movies and starts being offensive and insulting

why the fuck would someone even start insulting people over different tastes is beyond retarded

>A Monster Calls IS a much superior movie when compared to HP

at least you all share the same shit taste, friend

Nice bait but you are gonna need something better than that

>>You HAVE TO watch Prison Break
>not retrarded
hmm....

I really needed him to explain that picture to me, I was so confused.

>movies are the basis of deep intellectual discussion between me and my friends.

This is one of the most embarrassing things I've ever read

when plebs don't know they're plebs

>he thinks that art isn't worth having intelligent conversations about

are you a retard by any chance?

Yeah, everyone in my circles know that I love movies. Usually at a party if someone approaches me to say hi and have a chat the first thing they say is "oh, did you see x?" or "I finally got around to watching y, I can see why you recommended it', etc.
Most of them honestly enjoy everything. Jurassic World was excellent, Chris Pratt makes everything good, Batman v Superman is a totally fine movie if you turn your brain off and just enjoy it, etc, etc. Very rarely does one of my normie friends talk about how much they hated a movie. They usually just like anything.
Actually, La La Land was an exception. I only have one close friend besides myself who enjoyed that.

I don't usually pretend, per se, but I'm diplomatic about it. Just tell them that it's not really my thing and that I'm not really a big fan of sequels and remakes, that sort of thing. You don't have to be a dick about it, especially without the anonymity that the internet provides. You're having a beer with someone at a party. If they tell you they loved Jurassic World, you smile and say good for them, and then tell them that you can both at least agree that the original Jurassic Park was better.

What I've found is that the more normie you are, the more all movies sort of sit closer together in quality. Like, a Sup Forums poster might say Jurassic Park is a 9/10 film and Jurassic World is a 5/10 film, whereas a normie will say JP is an 8 and JW is a 7. They don't have such shit taste as to think JW is better, but they lack the experience to recognise that it's nowhere near as good.

And yeah, I watch pleb movies as well, sure. Doesn't mean I think they're particularly well-made.

I'm not retarded enough to think movies are art.

>did you see the latest transformers movie?
>the way the sun glared from megatrons armor whilst he crashed into a building reminded me of a sunset on the Yorkshire dales when I was a young man
>so many thoughts and feelings were running through my mind whilst experiencing this art

Plebs are so hilarious

enlighten me into the deep conversation you have with other patricians, i'm interested.

>the only movie I know is Transformers

Yes, used to search for other people interested in cinema but always end up finding close minded capeshit lovers, american soap opera lovers and imdb core at the best. So i just stopped looking.

Then the conversations started naturally about films and tv shows, eventually i found a lot of imdb core or even normal people that were willingly asking me for stuff to watch given that i always seen really passionate talking about films if the other person is interested, then i started introducing then to David Lyncy and those entry level directors that are really good.

Before that i had already a group of friends that in the moment live in different places but always meet. Me and this other guy (that got me into films a lot of time ago) choose the films we're going to watch, so there is 5-6 friends that i managed to expose to another level of cinema and tv for some time now.

This fella that introuduced me to films is on film school and we talk a lot about what we're watching, it's a all another level of discussion given that he is going to the industry one day and i wanna make films casually one day, we really got a lot in common in taste.

Hope this helps, just keep to yourself, if anyone seem interesed and actually start a conversation about a movie just do your best to sell your stuff, if they don't give a shit (happens a lot) and are not interesed in watching what you recommend you just stop talking about films with that person and life goes on. But know that i don't live in USA, so this kind of capeshit fanboy is really easy to avoid.

ok you two guys come show us all about the conversations you have with movies. Let all of us plebs see how its done by two patricians.

you go first

Mate, if you seriously think a work of art can't be discussed in any depth you are likely lacking much of a mental faculty.

Seems like you're just trolling though so carry on with your "lel Transformers" memes

>continuing to argue that a work of art can't be discussed

are you seriously this retarded that you legitimately believe a movie can't be discussed? this is one of the saddest things I've ever seen.

care to explain why I am baiting you moron?

You actually compared A Monster Calls with Harry Potter? What the fuck...

A work of art can be discussed, but no movie is art.

Oh, i forgot about an important tip: don't be a retard with the ones that like a different film niche than you: romance flicks, brainless action, feel good movies, coming to age, indie flicks, alternative cinema. At least they genuinely love some kind of cinema, not just what is in fashion.

>this is what passes for intelligent film discussion here

What is there to discuss though?

what the hell kind of question is that? Does nobody on this board have friends? OP do you have any friends at all?

Both are kid's movies based on books that pretend to have any level of morals. Except one of them actual handles real life issues and isn't a deluded liberal fantasy. youtube.com/watch?v=YUSruA5mJa8

Back in 05 there wasn't much on TV. Give me a better show back then. C'mon, big guy!

Why would you compare it to HP though... seriously, what the fuck.

They're kids movies? Eh? AMC easily passes as an adult story, in fact I've never thought of it as a kids film.

You really insult AMC by comparing it to HP and this comes from someone who liked Harry Potter. One film is about witches and wizards, the other is about dealing with the mortality of a relative. There's no comparison to be made.

Well, point granted.

>acting like Silence of the Lambs is some obscure movie nobody knows about