Doctor Who General - /who/ - Divine Interruption

Welcome to /who/, the Doctor Who general!

LAST GENERAL: Who was in the wrong here? The Pope for ruining a lesbian date or the lesbians for commiting a sin?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08vgvcj
mega.nz/#F!9GB3CYrI!XQ0sYoyySM6waCFYdfUTLA
flickeringmyth.com/2017/06/doctor-who-series-10-episode-8-review-the-lie-of-the-land/
youtube.com/watch?v=rSobJ1DHWBQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Anyone else feels like Capaldo's era is extremely unfun?
Some it's epic, dramatic, thought-provoking. But there is no fun at all.
Maybe except for Gatiss episode.]

>/who/ is slow
>makes the new thread early
It's not like you're shitty le who was wrong xP joke absolutely needed to be in the OP.

>epic, dramatic, thought-provoking

For me, that makes it fun.

If I want to watch comedy sci-fi, there's Red Dwarf for that.

For example, in Series 5 Matt was fun incarnate. How he delivered his lines, those little gags with Amy and Rory, overall the adventurous tone - it was fun just to watch it.
We are lacking these things now.

first for za is no leader

I wish Moffat would just leave the first doctor the fuck alone. The guy doesn't know shit about anything at the start of the show and is both cruel and cowardly. It just makes no sense to shoehorn a bunch of story where it doesn't belong.

New Doctor?

My balls

Reminder that books

braaaap

That was the 11th Doctor's character, the 12th Doctor has a different personality.

Preference is in the eye of viewer.

That said, I think series 10 is closer in tone to the Matt Smith years than series 8/9 were.

Cheers,
Jon Blum

Sent via Tapatalk for 81538

First Master announcement at 6pm GMT

>That was the 11th Doctor's character, the 12th Doctor has a different personality.

Agreed, but both Ninth and Tenth Doctor eras were fun to watch too.

What's the most popular the show has ever been? When?

13 million in City of Death but ITV was striking at the time so there was fuckall to watch

At least they had a GOAT story to watch

Also DWTV 10 More Teasers when

Tobeaitch, I wasn't a fan of the 10th Doctor. And I don't find the show any less fun now than series 1.

The show has felt lifeless since Series 7 for reasons I can't pinpoint tbqh

I agree

reminder that audio books

Well, i don't agree. Delgado brought show to a new level. Jo was nice too.

City of Death - 16.1m viewers.

Fuck I knew it was around that number.

He didn't even say "season"
Come on.

rip valeyard

?

Whovians MEGA link please /who/bros

Just be honest. Admit you're not a 12th Doctor fan.

he's my favourite doctor

Fags for watching Dr. Who

ok

Maybe you're not a Clala fan?

Missy confirmed all series.

Cool! I can edit browser pages too.

>missy is now a companion

It's true you fucking tard, check the BBC page for Empress of Mars

MISSY COMPANION CONFIRMED

Wait, can you source this? Wouldn't be surprised if it's true

It's real

It's hard to comprehend these days: only having a choice of 3 channels to watch, and hardly anyone had VCRs.

fuck missy, she is garbage
SIMM WHEN?

Probably in episode 12, compare the lighting behind the Mondasian Cybermen with the lighting in the one scene of Simm's we've seen thus far

Reminder that the rest of S10 is now undoubtedly GOAT because the MASTER is a companion

Gonna be fun to watch.

mega.nz/#F!9GB3CYrI!XQ0sYoyySM6waCFYdfUTLA

Calling it now, at the end of tomorrow's ep, having released Missy from the Vault to help defeat the Monks, she'll beg to be kept out.

The Doctor will decide that he will continue protecting her, but doing so by travelling with her in the TARDIS instead of leaving her in the vault. This is why Nardole is travelling with them in ep 9 and 10 rather than shitting himself about leaving the Vault.

Either that or Nardole is still shitting himself in eps 9 and 10 and Missy just has a small Vault cameo in Empress and we're overinflating everything

Reported for copyright infringement.

>Toby Whithouse delivers something rather memorable within this episode, something he’ll be remembered – within Doctor Who lore – for a long-time. His manoeuvring and pushing of his players within this tale, which lead to rather shocking decisions, is strong stuff for a television show on an early Saturday evening.

flickeringmyth.com/2017/06/doctor-who-series-10-episode-8-review-the-lie-of-the-land/

Taking the Master on as a companion

It's like I'm the only one who remembers the time that the Master refused to regenerate out of spite because he didn't want to travel with the Doctor

Who the fuck is Missy

Steven Moffat is a cunt

>Steven Moffat is a cunt
No, just bad wrighter and sowrunner.

Obviously I don't wish him harm but god I'm happy he's leaving soon

oh it shows, Steven

>yfw missy's sole companion for the xmas special

>Bill seems to be able control powers that not only floor the Doctor, but can knock him unconscious! Is this possible, or is there something else behind this rather excellent (ex)chip-serving student?

Holy shit. B-bill not fully human?

I would unironically be ok with that

>inb4 river song regenerated into bill

>/who/ using Last of the Time Lords to justify pissing at Moffat
In 4 years, I assume we're going to praise Time of the Doctor as so much better than whatever Chibnall's doing.

No but you're the only one who seems to know what's happening with Missy in the next few episodes despite them not having aired yet.

>what is speculation

For the record, Missy is massively mischaracterized in the rest of the show too

youtube.com/watch?v=rSobJ1DHWBQ

I miss ample-bosomed Jenna, even if they were pancakes

If she bleached her hair, Jenna could have played Rose's mom in a flashback episode.

>In 4 years, I assume we're going to praise Time of the Doctor as so much better than whatever Chibnall's doing.

Undoubtedly.

Time of the Doctor is a good episode though

Dat fake tan - her feet are different colours

The Master has regenerated since then

>one incarnation of a Time Lord has a much different character compared to another incarnation's
That's like complaining that Eight acts nothing like Seven.

See, we're already doing it.

Can we agree on something: Moffat is a decent writer, but goddamn awful showrunner?

>it's a he doesn't yet realize that different incarnations of a time lord can have different personalities edition

>what is a character

Literally why even build a character if you are just going to throw it out for the sake of "hurr regeneration"?

>John Simm's Master was everything that the Master should be

dropped it there

I think you may need to re-evaluate your interest in Doctor Who

SHUT UP CATS

Why is he an awful show runner?

>29 views

AHAHAHAHAHA THIS IS YOUR CHANNEL

He has a couple of good ideas that he knows how to shuffle, but he became too meta.

It's a hobby more than a gambit for the future.

No! We were supposed to have a normal companion, but we got Moffated yet again!

>it was a post intended to plug your youtube channel

in the future i would request that you don't post your own videos here.. (they are bad) unless you do one on john wiles. do that

Not really. Although all the Doctors have different personalities, the archetype remains the same across all incarnations (although you could possibly say it changed from Classic Who to New Who). Different incarnations of the Master had different personalities, but the archetype remained the same, until Missy. The Master went from the evil genius pantomime mastermind archetype to the sort of not-straightforwardly-a-villain Charles Xavier/Professor X archetype, with a bit of antihero mixed in starting series 9.

Mate, time lord incarnations are incredibly inconsistent and flip-floppy from one life to the next, RTD fans seem to completly miss this fundimental aspect

Also the Simm Master was shit in End of Time. Absolute ham. Why anyone wants him back is more meme nostalgia than common sense.

Come on. Admit it. You are just the tiniest bit curious.

*Magneto/Professor X, what the fuck am I doing

CATS12 is a disgusting person.

- He's extremely arrogant and pretentious
- He thinks he has "authority" over there
- He is always exaggerating things, praising what he is liking as something best ever, and hating things he doesn't like as something abysmal
- When expressing opinions, he's always trying to insult the opposing side

Why CATS12 is allowed to be here?

>incredibly inconsistent and flip-floppy from one life to the next

Which is why all of the classic Doctors until 7 were so tremendously different from each other, right?

This is correct

this (also ironically)

>MISSY DOESN'T ACT LIKE THE MASTER!!!

Yeah because 1 and 11, 5 and 12 etc all act the same...

wtf i love cats now

okay i checked out your twitter too and it's just one awful opinion after another.. you want to redeem yourself to me?? do a john wiles video

>1 and 11
They act the same

>5 and 12
They act the same

What's your point once again?

EATERS OF LIGHT SYNOPSIS

>A long time ago, the ninth legion of the Roman army vanished into the mists of Scotland. Bill has a theory about what happened, and the Doctor has a time machine. But when they arrive in ancient Aberdeenshire, what they find is a far greater threat than any army. In a cairn, on a hillside, is a doorway leading to the end of the world…

>Which is why all of the classic Doctors until 7 were so tremendously different from each other, right?

Yes. And also why Doctor 8 - 12 have all had different personalities too.