Guys I don't understand something...

Guys I don't understand something, if Marvel had multiple universes crash together which made Battle World and the new Civil War, how come we didn't get another Richard Rider?

When Disney bought the company they mandated that they kill him cause of the Dick Rider jokes.

Because he'd be more popular than the fuckboy they replaced him with

Because they didn't want to make a new Dick Rider.

I hope you like Sam, because he's going to be the only Nova for quite awhile.

Because fuck you!

you'll get Sam "Roman Reigns" Alexander and you'll like it

Honestly? Because while Riderfags have literally always come pouring out of the woodwork whenever he's being "ruined", his books always sell poorly. There's a reason Brevoort jokes that he only has one fan.

Not that Sam is doing any better, mind. I guess people don't want to read about doofy Green Lantern pastiches.

no dick jokes but make blackbolt a cuck

Is there any nova comic book where he is just a space policeman traveling through the cosmos helping people in need and hunting down criminals?

What is Richard Rider like? Tell me about his personality.

Could we stop comparing Roman Reigns to EVERY lukewarm push and reserve him for the truly big & horrible ones please?
Jane Thor's the only one that really holds a candle.

Bendis hates him. Loeb hates him too.

I see what you're doing.
And I approve.

The best dick rider story of all time sold like shit

Why people can't into art?

No, there isn't. Rich is a Bronze Age hero with a Cosmic background but until Annihilation he didn't ever fuck around the universe extensively like Quasar or Warlock. In fact shortly after his initial run was cancelled he gave up being Nova because the Corps wanted him to come be a space cop.

>Bringing back a straight white male when he can perfectly well be replaced by a teenage minority character

This literally didn't happen.

Which story was that?

Also doesn't help that straight white male is literally all he has too him.

Yes it did. They blatantly said it without saying it.

Then they didn't blatantly say it now did they.

Only autists on Sup Forums called him that. He has never been called Dick in the comics, ever. Unless Bendis did it and I missed it, but him doing it wouldn't count sundae he has the continuity memory of a goldfish.

Spidey said it to new Nova when first met.

>Filename: Hodor

fun fact: his last name was Ryder in Universe X

He was an average joe teen, not super bright, not some dumb lunk. When a great power was thrust upon him, he was reluctant to pick up the noble charge that came with it, but his belief in himself grew. Eventually, through seeing some serious shit, he matured into a hard as fuck veteran who didn't have time for all the Marvel-standard inter-hero squabbling and sacrificed himself to rid the universe of Thanos forever.(but not really lol!)

So did every GotG comic

Oh come on. Calling Sam Roman Reigns is unfair. Sam is great. Sure he's not Rich, but he's still a good character in his own way. In a perfect world we'd get Rich as Nova Prime rebuilding the corps and Sam as the Nova of Earth.

Now Miles is Roman Reigns.

YOU'VE GONE TOO FAR THIS TIME TUMBLR

Sam isn't a straight white male?

He's a straight caramel male.
And the straight bit has time yet to change.

Rich is shit, user.
Shiiiiit.
So is Sam, for that matter. And everybody ever recruited by the Corps. It's sort of a job requirement.

Before DnA Rich didn't have a single run last more than 25 issues. In fact, neither of his attempts in the 90s even hit 20.

By comparison, the concurrent GOTG v1 ran for over 60 issues.

The real reason is that Jeph Loeb is an evil shit.

When he created his maggot infested son version of Nova (NuNova) he forced Marvel to sign paperwork, letting them use his son's name (for a character HE CREATED) in exchange for Marvel pinky swearing that they will ONLY use his dead maggot infested son proxy Nova and not again use Rich Rider.

So until Loeb is shitcanned from Marvel, Rich isn't coming back

Sam hasn't really clicked with me. I've made an honest attempt at getting into his stuff. I just don't find him as interesting or entertaining as Rich. I need a true spacecoppery.

They got my hopes up last year with Rael Rider, but unfortunately we haven't seen her since.

Its a bit original with a superhero that is a complete idiot. I'm a bit surprised, was Sam loeb also retarded or somethi g?

>I need a true spacecoppery

You should be reading Green Lantern then.

>This was probably the only media related appearence we ever got from Richard.

My smile is no more.

>Green Lantern
>space coppery
> not just an undending cycle of inter-color Lantern wars

Sauce, you paranoid nigger?

Unfortunately you are right

Sad thing is Jeph Loeb wrote some very good stories before it all went to shit.

where the fuck should i go to read space cop adventures?

>Nova
>space-coppery
>not 30 years of on/off earth-fuckery plus a handful of space wars at the tail end of the character's life

Eh, not quite the only one. He was background in a few episodes of Silver Surfer and starred in an ep of Superhero Squad.

DickRiderfags everybody. You can't find this level of delusion everywhere.

Rich was a whiny little bitch in the beginning of Annihilation and he was pretty dull in New Warriors. Gave that op faggot Annihilus what he deserved.

Sam's costume is cooler.

He will get his movie.

>that time when Rich came back to earth and everything he knew and loved were at war or just didn't care about him

The Dark Reign tie-ins were really great story telling

>comes back to earth after Annihilation and almost losing the Nova Force
>being a vigilante is now illegal
>Osborn and Thunderbolts trying to fuck your shit up
>finally sees his family again and his father pretty much neglects him because of all the important shit he had to do to save the universe caused him to miss so much on earth

Being Richard was suffering

Why do they always make him look so old? He was like 22 when he died

hey! being a door doesn't necessarily mean you're white. There are black doors too!

Because Loeb's son is DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

DNA's run starts off pretty strong