X-Men Apocalypse

X-Men Apocalypse Thread Magneto:NNNNOOOOO Edition.

So the dust has finally settled. Fox's X-Men Apocalypse has finally come out and it sucks. It's been critically panned by all the Critics and has a Rotten Tomatoes score lower than X-Men the Last Stand, MoS, and ASM2. But it was bigger than their other bomb, Trank's FF. But not as high as their Success Deadpool.

How will this affect Fox, Sup Forums?

Will Fox focus on Deadpool more? (Deadpool cinematic universe).
Will Fox reboot the X-Men (again)?
Will Fox get some new blood to take over the franchise as replace Singer?
Will Fox focus on lesser smaller scale stories and mutants?
Will Fox make a deal with Marvel Studios and let them make X-Men movies and have Mutants appear in the MCU?
Will Fox give the X-Men good costumes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OYt78FWfa5M
cinemablend.com/new/Thor-3-Funnier-Promises-Director-108077.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump

>Munn turned down the role of Deadpool's girlfriend for Pyslocke because she thought being Wade's squeeze was sexist
>brag about how empowering playing the character was
>gets three lines and is nothing more than a generic henchman

I enjoyed it, but I'll admit it was not a very good movie.

I'm afraid that if this underperforms we'll get the Deadpool Cinematic Universe from now on and they'll shove the character in every movie. I just want a new director for the X-Men franchise with a fresh take, maybe get them to space in the next one.

I am guessing she had more lines and plot but got cut

>Will Fox give the X-Men good costumes?

Seeing as the ones that pushed for good costumes had their roles cut and the end only give them ridiculous Cosplay level ones. Maybe not.

>maybe get them to space in the next one.

Singer is already planning on doing that

But he's leaving since this was a shambles. So now what?

Deadpool Cinematic Universe

Singer always says he's leaving but then comes back. Then Fox puts him in charge of everything. X-Men is the only franchise that makes him money. He'll be back.

Well shit, there's no escaping it.

I liked Deadpool, but I can only stomach the character in small doses. It's going to be a nightmare if he'll get shoved in everything from now on.

Singer should just settle in and be the Feige of X-movies

Nope, he only did Apocalypse to get a budget on that 20k Leagues under the Sea movie he's always wanted to make.

Anyone else excited about the bloopers?

>Will Fox get some new blood to take over the franchise as replace Singer?
>Will Fox focus on lesser smaller scale stories and mutants?

>wanting bloopers for anything non comedy

The answer is no, they'll just add more Deadpool and Wolverine to the movies.

So does the entire millennial generation just lack a brain? Do they seriously rely on reviews to tell them what is "good" or "bad"?

One of those reviews from a "top critic" just said Jennifer Lawrence needed a bigger role and gave it 2/5. Come on man.

Hugh Jackman is retiring from Wolerine. He's got Wolverine 3 and that's it.

I could see him passing the mantle to X-23 or Daken.

Fuck you, I liked it.

>Wolverine scene could have been cut out
>Stryker arriving and the entire base felt out of place and only serves to give students suits/transportation
>Quicksilver is rehashed and is left unresolved
>Mystique/JLaw in general wasnt great
>Jean actress was lifeless
>Apocalypse is overall uninteresting, and perhaps the biggest comic villain jobber yet (so yeah pretty faithful....huh...)
>Storm isnt really a character in this
>CGI is terrible, really noticeable in the 3rd act
>Jubilee is a glorified cameo, no powers
>Ends on a moment more interesting than the entire film
Its getting old FOX, something needs to change

>trusting Rotten Tomatoes
Ugh! Like! Ugh!
Don't you know that Rotten Tomaroes is literally Adolf Hitler??? This is the same website that have Max Landis's movies (yes THE Max Landis) rotten scores!!! This is of course crazy since Max Landis's movies are the greatest movies of the century!!!(Max Landis says so).
Rotten Tomatoes (and criticism) NEEDS to be destroyed!!!!

>Sexist
>Fucks the male protagonist in the ass

Let me guess. Being dominated by a woman is a male power fantasy

>biggest comic villain jobber yet

This is a complaint I don't get. Apocalypse finally didn't job out.

He took on Storms lightning, Cyclops punch beams, Super Magneto's onslaught, Prof X's mental assault and even Jean's gestating Phoenix abilities all at once and still nearly escaped before we went full Phoenix Force.

There isn't much that could stand up to that level of assault, let alone nearly walk away from it. If it takes the Phoenix itself to stop you, you haven't jobbed out.

>Apocalypse turns Storm's hair white
How the fucking hell does that even work? In the old movies she had white hair, did she meet Apocalypse in the old movies?

And if Prof X lost his hair to Apocalypse, how did he lose it in the old movies?

This just raises further questions!!!

It's a different universe

Really

I think its more about his own powers. He has the ability to manipulate matter, among several other abilities we dont know about, and yet he cant defeat these people even though thats one of the most OP things you could do. Youre left asking "why did he trap Scott in a wall instead of just turning him into dust?"

No, it's a alternate timeline. First Class was still canon to the old X-Films. And High Jackman still Sniktbub. But the old X-Men never encountered Apocalypse and Storm still had white hair and Prof X was bald. Whhhhhy?

I enjoyed it. Mostly because face bender is one of my favorite actors.

I guess it deserves a rotten status, movie was ruined by all the screen time jennifer lawrence got, stupid overrated bitch.

Yeah, omega god characters are hard to do because they are so powerful and you have to come up with reasons why they can't just kill the heroes with a snap (or like Fox just not explain it at all).

I think alot of critics didnt really understand what his powers were suppose to be.

Good. Apocalypse was the most fun I've ever had at an X-movie.

Not only that, but Apocalypse wasnt interesting at all in his own fight. He basically just took the punishment, knocked people away, and did the quicksand trick we already saw half a dozen times. Take for instance the 90s cartoon version, he could change size, change his hand into weapons, fire energy blasts, etc. It may have been a budgeting issue, because that final act looked cheap.

Captain America Civil War was better.

Literally just got back from seeing it and think the criticism is completely exaggerated.
There are problems, and the third act literally looks like a video game at times, but my God it is probably the most fun of the big 3 super hero films that came out.

>muh bucky
terrible plot, it's only selling point is having the avengers fight each other.

Fox Shills pls leave

I mean the opening scene tells you most of what you need to know.

>Give them enough power and they'll RULE THE WORLD
>cue shot of HUGE PYRAMID WITH "A" iconography

So good.

I can't even bring myself to go see it.

I can remember more than one cringe inducing moment
>Wreak havoc
>Mystiques final speech
>Return of the Jedi joke

this tbqh familypie

>that shitty Star Wars joke
>"The third movie is always the worst!"
>Singer: Take that X3 The Last Stand
It's funny, because X-Men Apocalypse is the third movje in the new timeline. And it has a lower Rotten Tomatoes score than X-Men the last stand and being panned by everyone. So that shitty jab can also be applied to Singer's movie.
Brava, Singer. Brava.
Maybe next time act more humble than egotistical.

where do you go after defeating apocalypse? he's like one of the biggest x villains ever
dark pheonix (again)? onslaught?

Mojo?

Well according to post credits, they're going for Sinister.

Onslaught sounds good. Professor X and Magneto's gay psychically created "baby." Yep, it's perfect.

Which by the way, that teaser is really confusing to non comic fans. Hell I didnt even remember the Essex thing with Sinister

I had no expectations for BvS and was still let down an disappointed.
I had high expectations for Civil War and it was just alright.
I had subpar expectations for Apocalypse and I liked it.

Cyke, Nightcrawler, and Apocalypse were all good. Quicksilver scene was as good as the DOFP one (not mind blowing but still pretty cool). Jean and Storm were alright. Fuck JLaw.

Looking forward to the next one but I can see why people wouldn't like it.

You all know MCU Reed Richards will basically be this guy, right?

At least Scott wasnt useless this time

Yes, because Marvel Studios would instantly make Reed a villain like his ultimate counterpoint. Like when they made Spidey Miles.
*slap*
Dumbass.
The MCU actually has respect for their characters (unlike Fox). Reed and the rest of the Fantastic Four would be treated with Love in the MCU.

You're already getting different directors with New Mutants and Gambit.

It is really obscure. I figured it was for X-23

>Reed and the rest of the Fantastic Four would be treated with Love in the MCU.
...Unless Wheadon had anything to do with them.

It doesnt seem like Gambit is getting made anymore. Feels like FOX reluctant to even try

Which makes sense considering Jackmann is leaving. An army of Sinster clones would be fun to see I suppose

>Whhhhhy?
Are you dumb or just shitposting? You literally answered your own question, in that it's fucking alternate timeline. Xavier could have gone bald and Storm could have gotten white hair for different reasons in the old timeline.

>The MCU actually has respect for their characters (unlike Fox).
And to think that I almost believed you user. Well played.

they should do the first arc of uncanny x-force
it works as a sequel of this movie and the later part of this is in space like they want

the only reason she has any roles is because she is married to fuck face

My favorite part is the "image.jpg" filename which means that you actually have this stored away in your phone for this very purpose

Really this is the Apocalypse I wanted and will never get
youtube.com/watch?v=OYt78FWfa5M

I loved the movie. You can eat my pussy.

you can kill yourself. it always works

L O N D O N ?

They should do an Uncanny X Force movie.

Deadpool 2 will be a better movie but massively Underperform because only hot topic faggots like the character and they will have moved on to the next Le Quirky nerd XD character

Screen cap this

Hi Pym, how are you?

how much of wizard are you?

>The MCU actually has respect for their characters (unlike Fox)
You cannot seriously say this when Thor exists
cinemablend.com/new/Thor-3-Funnier-Promises-Director-108077.html

What what that solve?

You did get that in the scene where he launches all the missiles.

Or does it only count if he literally repeats cartoon lines word for word instead of coming up with original ones of similar bombast?

9 more years until wizardom

>What what that solve?
the problem of overpopulation

I will wait. kisses

captcha: pic related

Its not so much the lines, but yeah the nuke scene was alright. Really cartoon Apocalypse had more of a presence than the film version.

So far, Apocalypse is the best world-conquering villain in the movies. I don't think Thanos will be better.

It's fucking stupid.
It shows that Fox and Singer give no fucks about their continuity or how their universe works. It's incredibly lazy. It's like something from a Bayformers movie.
Plus Patrick Stewart is coming back for Wolverine 3. Did he get his baldness from Alocalypse?
And it shows they give no fucks or respect about their comic book characters (just like DC)

Look I know FOX X Men is fucked when it comes to continuity, but you clearly dont know how alt timelines work. Out of all the inconsistencies to bitch about, THIS is what triggers you?

> don't think Thanos will be better.
Pfffthahahahahahahaha!!!! That's a good one, Fox Shill. I needed a laugh.

It shows that you don't know what you are talking about.

Thanos. Sitting on throne. He will show everyone, how much of a jobber he is! He Will!

Thanos: I'm in Love with Death
by Disney, coming this summer
you better watch this faggots, it will count in your continuity

also, nigga, I'm menacing

cont. no power rangers here, nope, total comic book accuracy

Yes, it's stupid. You didn't need Apocalypse to turn Storm's hair white or Prof X bald. It's fucking pointless.

Why not give Archangel a better look that doesn't look like shit so we don't have to look at Singer's ugly twink face?

I really dont get it. Sure, I liked it. I know other people dont, but fuck, it was better than ASM2 and Last Stand at least

Probably so you would whine about something else. The movie had a lot of problems. One thing I don't get is, why Marvel gets a slack, while fox gets a scorn? Sure, the movie is 6/10, but civil war was 4/10, if I can be honest.

>Landis is still getting chances in hollywood

Nepotism can really get you far, even if his dad killed 3 people.

After Deadpool, no fox movie will ever get more than 50%. So shall it be written, so shall it be done. You know what? had they give this move 60%, it would be fair, but this? This is bullshit

The film was enjoyable, but forgettable. Like Quantum of Solace. Also, really didn't pace itself well.

Disney, you went too far this time. No need to be butthurt about Alice flopping

It's made by a pedophile who literally once told his actors never to read the X-Men comics and to only read the script. That he knew X-Men better then anyone else (like Claremont, Morrison, and Whedon) and that he wanted to make the X-Men SUPER SERIOUS and not goofy.

I wish Singer would just get AIDS and die.

Based Singer

I liked it. Needed less Jennifer Lawerence

Meaning, he wanted to make X-Men the X-MEN?
X-Men are not avengers, or JLA, you know?
They are supposed to be serious. They are supposed to be depressing.

This is something that everyone seems to agree on. No one liked JLaw

>48%
>average rating 5.6/10
That's not panned, that's a resounding 'eh'.

I feel like people expected apocalypse to be 2deep4u, but had it be like that, they would say that it was garbage anyway. at least the movie didn't look like a tv show

I blame the "hero of all mutants" thing

Yeah. It was only one scene, but it was stupid
Thank god, they didn't waste more time on it.
It really felt, like an obligation to JLaw

It's panned. That's why it says ROTTEN and NOT fresh.

ROTTEN=Bad Movie
FRESH=Good movie.

It had a lower score than X-Men tte Last Stand, Man of Steel, and The Amazing Spider-Man 2

For you Sup Forums, use it well

but why? It was the best capeshit of the year, unless you count suicide squad