"ARROW" ADDS ANTON CHURCH

The main villain of season 5 of ARROW will be Anton Church. Here's a detailed description.

>"A ruthless crime lord who sets out to fill the sizable void left by Damien Darhk and H.I.V.E. An apex predator who cuts his way through the shadows by taking down the biggest threat first, and quickly chooses Oliver Queen as his next target. Beneath his brutality and ambition, Church is a man on a mission, out to avenge a tragic loss from years earlier. He can just as easily shake your hand as your best friend or break your neck as your worst enemy — and you never know which one is coming. Either way, he’s more than capable of having a good time as he does it."

The casting call reportedly describes him as in the same vein as THE WIRE's Stringer Bell and with a similar physicality to Jason Momoa.

comicbookmovie.com/dc_tv/arrow/more-details-on-arrows-season-5-villain-a142289

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookmovie.com/dc_tv/arrow/season-5-of-arrow-to-introduce-a-punisher-esque-vigilante-a142279
youtube.com/watch?v=kl_OPKjEEnc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sure, fine, whatever.

Michael Chiklis maybe

He's already on GOTHAM.

Plus he's not a big guy.

shit didn't think about Gotham, shame too since Chiklis makes for a fantastic villain

>Anton Church

Literally satanist

is it going to be Not-Bane on Arrow?

are they going to break Ollie?

So what's his actual name going to be?

Well that sounds horrible.
Not that I thought they for a second could make something that's not horrible.

How can you possibly fuck something up as bad as Arrow? It's fucking TV history for making dumb decisions.

What's so bad about it.

So we've gone from a Green Arrow villain, to Slade, to a Batman villain, to an OC named after a Teen Titans villain, to a pure OC?

>Beneath his brutality and ambition, Church is a man on a mission, out to avenge a tragic loss from years earlier. He can just as easily shake your hand as your best friend or break your neck as your worst enemy — and you never know which one is coming.
Sounds like Darhk, Slade and Merlyn put into one. Why not have a villain that isn't "An apex predator who cuts his way through the shadows by taking down the biggest threat first, and quickly chooses Oliver Queen as his next target."?

>to a pure OC?
No, because these casting calls use fake names. How do people not know this by now?

Who the fuck cares? What we need is an actual Green Arrow show. Scrap this shit and start fresh on Netflix
Honestly an OC villain isnt a bad thing for a Green Arrow show given the available material. The problem is CW isnt talented enough to pull one off and its far too late to care now

The casting call referred to that character as James, this is his name.

Wouldn't a villain who isn't evil, scheming and hating the Green Arrow just be an average citizen?

>Honestly an OC villain isnt a bad thing for a Green Arrow show given the available material.

The show has used a fraction of the material? Why didn't we get foreign metahuman diplomat Count Vertigo? Why didn't we get a powerful crimelord Brick instead of some goober? Why haven't we gotten a real Komodo or a Red Dart?

Bull's-Eye for Arrow.

Oh I wasnt implying THIS show used any of the material well, because they piggybacked on Batman stuff most of the time. No, I was saying that if we had a good GA show that used the material, it would still have plenty of room to use a OC.

>not going cosmic for season 5
>literally just going back to street level

Dammit Flashpoint

The show got bad once it strayed from street level.

I'd argue it was more to do with poor writing than scale.

I would've liked some metas here and there, like Brick, Vertigo, even Double Down wasn't bad.

>are they going to break Ollie?
Too late.

Awesome. I can't wait for him to stand around being a smarmy prick for a whole year like every other villain in this show.

Wasn't that what ra's was supposed to be?

No, it was always bad. People just refused to see that because it was the only superhero show with actual superheroing we had. By the time season 3 happened, Daredevil and The Flash showed how to do it right, so everyone saw Arrow for what it really was.

>sizable void left by Damien Darhk and H.I.V.E.
When did they control the criminal underworld?

>The Flash
Nope

>"The character, tentatively named “Anton Church,”

In the early episodes, they were monopolizing the arms trade.

>"intelligent, nihilistic, and with a wicked sense of humor" the character
fucking hell

I mean we also have the AoS casting call, which used ridiculous names like Melinda May and Grant Ward.

oops

also the drug trade, human trafficking,prostitution, and extortion? Also aren't they aping Daredevil season 1

Which episodes?
I need to rewatch, unless you mean early episodes of season 4.

>Arrow sucks so much, it can't even make its international criminal organization feel like one
I swear, even fucking Dexter at its worst did it better. That's how bad H.I.V.E. is.

To be fair, HIVE soldiers were at least slightly better at soldiering than the Time Master soldiers were.

I'm amazed that they were so far in the future and their gear was shittier than HIVE's was. If HIVE was wearing plastic-and they were-than the Time Masters were wearing cardboard.

>to avenge a tragic loss from years earlier.
LET ME GUESS, he will do it by trying to destroy Star City.

The "tragic loss from years ago" is going to be Felicity blowing up Havenrock.

Is this Kingpin

>this post

Nope.

Fifth time's the charm.

they already ripped off Dark knight rises twice why not another successful show?

Yep

And the Time Master's goons still beat Hawkgirl, who beat Vandal Savage, who beat Team Arrow and lost to Heat Wave. LoT was garbage.

This, the first few episodes of season 4 they were taking over the underworld, then that was kinda' swept aside by Dahrk's global purge plan;

And yet Ward is still the only good MCU villain who's not Kingpin.
>inb4 Agents of non-canon

Wouldn't tat be weeks or months ago?

Hey, c'mon, give Kendra some credit here. She used to be a barista, ya know?

S4 dropped a lot of things. Like Darhk's mysterious puzzle box that went fucking nowhere.

I can only vague recall Darhk mentioning that they got rid of Diggle's brother to take over his drug operations in Afghanistan. That's the only time H.I.V.E. felt like an international organization and not Power Rangers villains.

fuck you guys Felicity family diaries was the best part season 4

>S4 dropped a lot of things. Like Darhk's mysterious puzzle box that went fucking nowhere.

I forgot about that.

What about the ring. Didn't that go no where too?

Or the Motherbox blueprints.

>Oh shitm Darhk gets ill when he tries to life-drain Thea, I wonder how that will be used against him?
>it's never brought up again after Thea's bloodlust cure bullshit.

Arrow hasn't had a good villain since season 1 Merlyn.
>what about Slade?
What about him? He was underdeveloped to the point of being wasted.

Lord knows why they decided to make him a cuck

>Beneath his brutality and ambition, Church is a man on a mission, out to avenge a tragic loss from years earlier. He can just as easily shake your hand as your best friend or break your neck as your worst enemy — and you never know which one is coming. Either way, he’s more than capable of having a good time as he does it.
That sounds nothing like Stringer Bell.

>Writers assuming they can pull off the same character depth as Stringer Bell after Season 4

Just let it die and give the slot to Vixen already

Slade was great before Mirakuru.
I wish he didn't become a villain. Or at least not like that.

This show can fuck off and die now that we're getting decent GA comics again

Slade should have been the season 5 villain.

The Island stuff was developing him and leading up to that. It should have been their final villain.

>Season 5 of ARROW will also feature a secondary antagonist, a "cocksure and reckless ex-Marine turned vigilante, whose methods lead to tensions with the Green Arrow".

>The show's fifth season will also feature the climax of the flashbacks storyline, detailing Oliver's final year before returning to civilization, in which he travels to Russia to fulfill the promise made to Tatiana and becomes a member of the Brahtva, which shapes him into the ruthless killer when ARROW first started.

>Echo Kellum and Charlotte Ross, who plays tech whiz Curtis Holt and Felicity's mother Donna Smoak, will be joining Stephen Amell, Emily Bett Rickards, David Ramsey, Willa Holland and John Barrowman as series regulars. Tom Armandes will reprise his role as former cyber-criminal Noah Kutzler, Felicity's father, in recurring appearances, and Colton Haynes and Audrey Marie Anderson will reprise their roles as Roy Harper and Lyla Michaels in early season 5 episodes as well.

comicbookmovie.com/dc_tv/arrow/season-5-of-arrow-to-introduce-a-punisher-esque-vigilante-a142279

West Baltimore mind

This is how I feel about Flash too. Like the shows were merely emotional placeholders and now that the comics are appealing again I can ignore them.

>out to avenge a tragic loss from earlier
>reeeeeeeally wants to kill oliver queen

this doesn't sound familiar at all.

#BRING BACK SLADE WILSON

Why do they not kill or imprison Felishittys dad? Didn't he want to kill thousands of people?

This would work best since one of the first things we ever saw in this show was a Deathstroke mask on a pike on the beach of Lian Yu and I highly doubt they're ever going to explain it.

>more Lyla
I'm so glad we get to continue to see her fuck up in the most magnificent ways possible.

But that's not a big bad, that's just a monster of the week repeated across a season.

So they started off aping the dark knight flicks, and now they're trying to ape the daredevil show. Can't believe I ever actually liked this show.

Flash is still way better than it has any right to be.

If anything, I kinda' like the concept of a villain going after Oliver Queen, the mayor, rather than just wanting to kill the Green Arrow.

Oh shut the fuck up, the first two seasons are great.

Slade went after Oliver Queen and not Green Arrow.

>FELICITY'S PARENTS ARE SERIES REGULARS NOW
>BLOOD FOR KHORNE
>SCREEN TIME FOR FELICITY

WHY DOESN'T GUGGENHEIMER JUST FUCK HER ALREADY

not organic enough

They explain that in season 1 actually.

This is true. Season 5 should have been the most glorious moment of the series with everything coming full circle. Instead I feel like season 2 was the peak with that final showdown versus Slade intercut with the flashback fight. That's exactly the kind of thing season 5 should have been doing and instead we have literally filler villains taking up the seasons now. Incredible.

I think great is an overstatement but they were at least very enjoyable. The show isn't even that anymore.

>>The show's fifth season will also feature the climax of the flashbacks storyline, detailing Oliver's final year before returning to civilization, in which he travels to Russia to fulfill the promise made to Tatiana and becomes a member of the Brahtva, which shapes him into the ruthless killer when ARROW first started.
How shallow and devoid of substance will this one be?

It was the other guy's mask?

youtube.com/watch?v=kl_OPKjEEnc

>Colton Haynes

But he just got over his depression. I don't want them to drag him down again.

He's too important for Guggenheim's waifu. I wonder if he writes this shit just so he can be on set with EBR more. That's creepy.

They also aped batman begins and the entire show started as a Nolan Batman rip-off.

>we are ripping off power rangers. and not even a good season

>mama smoak is now regular

I liked brutal Ollie. I liked him giving a shit about his city. I liked the tension when Slade shows up at his, when the horn blast and give you a sense of dread. I liked how the flashbacks taught you about who the characters were and how it made them who they are.

I liked how they edited both of Ollie's and Slade's fights together during the finale, matching up perfectly to drive home the idea that Slade is still fighting this battle after all these years.

When was the last time someone failed this city? When was the last time Oliver cared?

No. Bland main character, shitty plot, only enjoyable characters in 2 fucking seasons were felicity and merlyn. The next seasons managed to fuck up even these two.

N-no it isn't this story is organic
To be fair March wasn't the showruner for the first two seasons. Arrow was fucked from the start with aping Batman which accumulated in season 3 where they didn't even try to hide it any more.

Yeah and he's let himself go too, probably the opposite of what they want.

Damien was more fun to me than the previous villians.

I can't wait to be touted as this big bad who is all menacing and scary then by the end of the season he goes out like a bitch like the first four seasons.

Im surprised we've gone this long without Sportsmaster. But knowing this shit show we'd probably sit through an onslaught of "ugh MEN!" jokes about him

Meets Felicity
>heh my kind of woman

>"A ruthless crime lord who sets out to fill the sizable void left by Damien Darhk and H.I.V.E. An apex predator who cuts his way through the shadows by taking down the biggest threat first, and quickly chooses Oliver Queen as his next target. Beneath his brutality and ambition, Church is a man on a mission, out to avenge a tragic loss from years earlier. He can just as easily shake your hand as your best friend or break your neck as your worst enemy — and you never know which one is coming. Either way, he’s more than capable of having a good time as he does it."
So, basically Kingpin?

>Season 5 of ARROW will also feature a secondary antagonist, a "cocksure and reckless ex-Marine turned vigilante, whose methods lead to tensions with the Green Arrow".
So, basically the Punisher?

Holy shit, this show needs to get its act together. Couldn't be copying daredevil more if they tried

fuck me its true
they're not even trying to hide it

They're just being blatant about it now. Which means and shows they don't give a fuck about crafting a decent story. I mean that much has been known since season 2, when they flat out said in interviews that they were just making this shit up as they go along.

>Couldn't be copying daredevil more if they tried

the only good fight choreographers on the CW was Nikita's

>Punisher invented vigilantes
>Daredevil invented mobsters

Because all vigilantes are "cocksure ex-marines" that have a rivalry with the main hero, right?

this is literally the plot of Dare Devil season 2 all they need is a hot girl from Ollies past that brings it out his "wild side".

well season 1 and 2

No, but these kind of vigilante and mobster, plus the fact that they're the most liked aspect of an incredibly popular superhero show, PLUS the fact that they have always been blatantly ripping off TDK makes you kind of suspicious.