So have we all seen this?

So have we all seen this?

>civil war concept art
>Cranston as Osborne

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4MQ0rDcZAtw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It was a stand in for ross.

It doesn't mean jack shit. Artists just pick someone they like use them as a model.

Literally every aspect of Scarlet Witch was based on Sershy Ronan during pre-production, costume design, concept art, etc. and she said lol no way when they offered her the role.

>Literally every aspect of Scarlet Witch was based on Sershy Ronan during pre-production

I'm still flabbergasted they had her in mind, and equally as so that she turned them down. We dodged a bullet on that one. Olsen is clearly turned out to be better.

>Literally every aspect of Scarlet Witch was based on Sershy Ronan during pre-production, costume design, concept art, etc. and she said lol no way when they offered her the role.

None of that is true.

There's like one piece of concept art that doesn't look like exactly Elizabeth, but it doesn't look like Saoirse.

>that haircut

Nope.

>Hack Snyder didn't get him as Lex. We get him as Osbourne.

Yes

>We

I think Cranston's the kind of guy who would be more willing to be in a super hero movies. Not to mention Osborn's likely to become an Avengers level threat in the mcu. He was also in Power ranger anyway.

>Scarlet Witch with old outfit

It may be, and they probably chose Elizabeth because her face kinda looks like Sersha's, but the only concept arts that show some kind of recognizeable face are Olsen's.

FFS people in these concept arts are just copy pasted from other movies. How hard is it to notice this?

We as fans.
imagine Cranston as Osborne.
its perfect.

Sauronse wasn't as fat at the time. Kind of looks like her.

Knowing Whedon we're lucky we didn't get Glau to do her dancy bullshit.

Probably a stand-in. Maybe they had Osborn at some point in the script, so they picked a famous actor who would look the part to put in the concept art. Then after negotiations they probably went with Ross after Sony said they wouldn't do it, and never put him back until Sony changed their minds again.

It's a good choice, dramatic performance wise. But if they go the Green Goblin rout, would he be able to handle it?

>Sauronse wasn't as fat at the time. Kind of looks like her.

None of the concept art looks like Saoirse. It's all very clearly Olsen or a generic brunette.

youtube.com/watch?v=4MQ0rDcZAtw

yes

The concept arts are Elizabeth.

>No dark reign
:(

That's for civil war

That's for the end of Ultron, later in production.

This was the one I had in mind, but you're right, it doesn't particularly look like Sausage Ronan.

There's this one where, for some reason, they mixed Olsen with Ellen Page.

>That's for civil war

And it's not even concept art. That's Olsen in costume.

He's way too old, especially considering that he's gonna play that role for quite a long time with Marvel's planning. He's older than Aunt May, for fuck's sake.

Gotta think of grounded options

I'd be fine with an old Osborn if we don't get yet another goblin. Maybe it's time to move on from that? I'm sort of tired of the goblins, especially with Spider-Man's roster.

I think Venom as a final boss would work fine as long as they kept to the Spectacular Spider-man plot, and nnot trying to have him go anti-hero, or hero or bring carnage in. Just have him as a personal villain that gets defeated by the memories of Uncle Ben.

But use new villains altogether for him to fight. Set up the sinister six, comprised by lesser known villains one by one in montages/plots the first two movies to have them defeated at the beginning of the third one by a sleeping Peter and the symbyote suit.

>>Cranston as Osborne
Well the resemblance is there. He'd make a great actual villain which is something both the MCU and Spider-man need.

>I think Venom as a final boss would work fine

Oh god, no. I personally don't ever want to see him on screen again. Of all the Spidey villlains he's the most overused/hyped and least interesting (except for maybe Carnage). No symbiots, please.

>Osborne
>no Green Goblin
Your shit taste is showing.

I think he can be done if they do it like SpecSpidey: i.e. establish Eddie early as a close friend, and have the battle be psychological and emotional, not physical. He's too close to edgy to be safe, I guess. I like it when he's just scary and invisible to the spidey-sense. He's a good foil.
It CAN work, but the fact that it's failed so many times IS worrying.

But I agree that he's usually not that great, but then again, which villain would work as a final boss?

I'm just tired of the goblins. Spider-man has tons of good villains, but only Venom AND goblin as proper final bosses. Maybe Dock Ock too, but he's been done well enough already before, I don't think they are going his route.

Forgot the pic.

You could just post a picture that's not clearly traced from Tommy Lee Jones, though.

Just because Sony did Goblin before doesn't mean we shouldn't get him anymore. Also, Venom as the endgame villain? Are you still that 90s edgelord who sucked symbiotes' dicks?

>we

Also, no. I'm defending Venom as the personal villain whose host has had a similar path to Peter, a close friend who's helped him through some of his life like an older brother, whose life turns to shit when Peter neglects helping him because he's busy saving someone else.

There's a lot of mirrors and themes to explore there.

There's a lot of exploration in the concept of Venom that's not so edgy and can actually be kind of touching.

Seriously, if you've watched Spectacular Spider-Man you know what I'm talking about. It IS possible to have venom without the Edge and have him bring real emotional scenes into play.

tell me these aren't real pieces of concept art someone paid for

wow....a white guy in a suit...he's definitly [one of the numerous businessman villains from Marvel]!!!

SSM wasn't even properly finished, it was cancelled, so who knows, maybe Goblin was planned as the final boss all along.

Also, if it worked in cartoon it doesn't mean that it will work in movies.

Anyway, the younger = the better for MCU, Cranston is unlikely to be cast now.

>SSM wasn't even properly finished, it was cancelled, so who knows, maybe Goblin was planned as the final boss all along.

Yeah, definitely. He was teased at the end of season 2.

What I meant they should adapt is the first season, that's the venom one and it was great as a standalone arc, I felt.

Fuck off

>But I agree that he's usually not that great, but then again, which villain would work as a final boss?

Green Goblin. He's always been Spidey's arch-enemy. At this point, even the plebs know this. And in comparison to someone like Venom, he fits better as someone who would be a final boss in the MCU settings. The kind of badguy who would work just as well in a Spidey movie as he would in a Iron Man, Cap or even an Avengers movie. The trick is to not use him right off in the first flick. Use the first one (or two) to develop Norman. Bring in Green Goblin when it's time for the end boss.

ANTS

looks like buffy's sister

Eh.. I can kinda see it, yet it's still obviously different. Wanda/Lizzie has no Jewish in her.

For added comparison. Norwegian, English, German, Italian and French, but no Jewish.

One is in shitty super hero movies, while one was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actress. I feel like Saoirse Ronan made the right decision.

To be fair, and I say this as someone that kinda agrees with you, Dafoe was the only real Goblin with any impact.

Franco's Goblin didn't even look like a Goblin and Dehan's Goblin barely even mattered. He was an after though with what.... four minutes of screentime tops?

>I feel like Saoirse Ronan made the right decision.

She left it to audition for the worst Star Wars movie made thus far, and they turned her down. Also, Jeremy Renner is in same 'shitty super hero movies' and he's an Academy award nominated actor. Jennifer Lawrence is an Academy award WINNING actress and she's in even shittier movies. The Oscars really aren't that big a deal. In all, Olsen's still a better actress.

>mcu movie art book
>70-80% is mundane technical renderings or photo-realistic painting of actors on proposed sets

yawn.

I'm still waiting for them to release photos/concepts of Quickslav's Avenger getup. They filmed him on the new team for the end of the movie in the event that Disney didn't let them kill him off.

Well precisely. If you're not gonna do that much better, why bother doing it so soon when there's a lot more to explore?

Same thing with the Joker. It's not that they were perfect, but they were good enough to warrant exploring other things for a while to make a big triumphant return.

I believe that Venom can work without the edginess, and I don't trust the comics guys to do him any justice. I hate anti-hero and hero Venom, and I hate laughing all the time venom. I want scary venom to be intimidating and precise, not to be exceedingly broody or anything like that. Explore Eddie as a brother to peter, explore what Uncle Ben meant to Peter's development as a person and explore all that with a proper Venom for once.

Interestin'....