twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

USA produces 5 superstars for every 1 the UK produces

uk

>created literally every single music genre of importance
lmao how can britbongs even compete t b q h

Pre-90s Britain, 90s-now US

Seconded.
Up the Irons!

I prefer British music to be honest, the only time I think US was better was the early 00's before the arctic monkeys and the indie revival.

Britain absolutely dominated the 90s to be honest

>Britpop
>Good

Britain had a minor revival in the late 90s and early 2000s, but other than that, US has been better since the 90s.

We were quite arguably better before then too. The 80s was a golden age for American music, we had Prince, MJ, Talking Heads, Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer, Guns 'n Roses, Aerosmith, Sonic Youth, among others

Britpop was far better than that cringey grunge shit in the US at the ti

>be britbong
>see niggers making cool music in detroit
>lets steal it
>the end

i'm a big fan of house and techno so it's gonna have to be the US for me
the scene has been dominated so fucking hard by Europe that most people forget where it all started

UK

Both Grunge and Britpop were shit. But the US simply had a much greater variety of good alternative stuff. The UK didn’t really have anyone except Radiohead.

Britpop was one of the best eras for music on par with the 60s; although I like regular guitar music so if you're intro rap or whatever it just doesn't appeal to me.

>The UK didn’t really have anyone except Radiohead.

What? Radiohead were a minor band at best.

US also has 5 times the population, numbnuts

Russia has the best music desu

their music is actually our music. it all started here

The UK, no question.

You called?

In Japan English singers are more popular. I sing 1D and Beatles songs whenever I go to karaoke box.

I love American music though I tend to prefer Britain in terms of more genres overall. It's good when we combine our forces.

youtube.com/watch?v=9b4F_ppjnKU

The 80s in the UK was all about new wave and synthpop, along with metal and rock still being popular. The Smiths, David Bowie, Joy Division, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Judas Priest, Queen, pop bands like the Eurythmics, Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, The Human League, New Order, Soft Cell, Erasure, Spandau Ballet, Phil Collins, George Michael - Britain was smashing it in terms of pop music.

Both countries produce good pop, rock, electronic and hip hop among other genres. However the genre that marked my late teens and makes me reminisce of my best memories is Dnb. That's why the UK has a really special place in my heart. Thanks, Britain

DnB, Jungle and UK Garage in the 90s was pretty good tbqh. Trip Hop too. We're still producing alright electronic music.

Music? America

>listening to mainstream music
you poor and tasteless person

pic related produces the best music

you're welcome mate

Pic related doesn't exist

What cheesy Eurodance lmao.

Good electronic music for doggos.

youtube.com/watch?v=ALvep1RsGQ0

youtube.com/watch?v=Tg-Q-Acv4qs

youtu.be/KwL6yZQdHZM

neither

youtube.com/watch?v=KsQUqzNcu1k&t=50s

You invent them, they perfect them

>Posting Spandau Ballet as proof of musical accomplishment

the UK, and it's not even close
the US invents genres, the British perfect them

US is better at instrument based music, guitars etc. The Brits have their moments but they are always fleeting. US is even superior at producing shitty music of that sort.

UK owns dance music production. There was Chicago house, Detroit techno, etc but it didn't have the same kind of cultural impact in the US as the UK's styles, hardcore, jungle, drum & bass, garage, breakbeat, dubstep, we could go on and on about the genres. UK shits all over the US in this respect.

I agree with the sudaca's assessment +trip hop

dnb is still good though. I'm not into it like I used to be, I was obsessed with it all through the 00s. But just because you aren't listening to it doesn't mean the production quality fell off or anything. The scene is still filled with incredible talent. Both veterans and newcomers.

Brazil > Both

por favor paneleiro mentiriso
nos sabemos que musica de brazil e merda

>por favor paneleiro mentiriso
mentiroso*
>nos sabemos que musica de brazil e merda
é*
lmfao, i was just joking, nice portuguese tho

>Which one is better at making music?
>mfw

both are good.

we write all your music

America, especially for the last few decades

nah you just think that because the 90s was such a fucking good decade for music that there was so much fantastic stuff coming out of England and you could ignore the American stuff

obrigado, ainda estou aprendendo
mas tu realmente gostas musica de brazil?

USA, easily

Personality cult alone doesn't make for good music.

Best music so far

I love a bit of samba and bossa nova now and again.

They're just one of many, many, many British pop bands that were around in the 80s. The list would be endless.

Australia

meet in the middle and say Bermuda? even grounds

romania, no contest at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=2iUGfURqyhs

Keep up then, you're doing good o/

Also... nope lol Brazil has a lot of good songs and all, but they are not my type : l IMO only old brazilian songs are cool, nowadays it's mostly bullshit

Not even as good as Canada

Traveling in a fried-out Kombi

definitely not

We produce more music that I like, but my favorite bands are British, Rolling Stones and Sisters of Mercy.

America lost when they started the mumble rap shit

Tbh what the fuck has England been putting out recently anyway? I can't think of any new English bands I like

no contest

I mainly listen to K-Pop(but not Idol music) but I think Hungary produces Interesting tunes.

I’ve always liked that the US and U.K. have been competitive with each other in the music industry. Growing up, Britain and Japan were among the first 2 countries to enter my consciousness because their media could successfully penetrate the US.

I think a lot of Americans especially before the Internet would fantasize about both much the same way the rest of the world dreamed about the US.

depends on the genre

>I think US was better was the early 00's before the arctic monkeys and the indie revival

Huh? The US is way better at indie than the Brits. A large part of the reason I feel the US has pulled in front of the UK in music in recent decades is because the internet has allowed us to listen to more music that otherwise would have been buried by the popular stuff. Brits were kings at fostering and marketing their musical talent, while the US let a lot of great bands waste in obscurity until an outlet arose for them to share their music with a broader audience. Indie was a dagger in the heart of the British music label marketing machine.

American """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""music"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" : youtube.com/watch?v=4LfJnj66HVQ

British music : youtube.com/watch?v=eBIa0o36pPo

hmmmm i wonder

the UK murders everyone else to be honest

>Huh? The US is way better at indie than the Brits
youtube.com/watch?v=9FyMYZEaRyc

Loooooool.

NZ

youtube.com/watch?v=xv6oOxn1axw

>US new music for new generation
>UK stupid outdated metal for grandpas
I wonder too

for money, US
for soul, UK(and Nick Cave)

*dominates your grammys*

and what did you contribute to Dnb mate

the one who makes good vaporwave/YGYL type of music

youtube.com/watch?v=3mkidP2OUCk

I’ll never understand continental European’s obsession with metal. It along with j-pop are the most neckbearded genres of music on the planet. It’s just “Let’s see how many note changes we can possibly fit in to a song, while blasting it as loud as possible and layered with incoherent brooding lyrics”

Brevity is the soul of wit, and metal is completely antithetical of that concept.

literally this

youtube.com/watch?v=zxYXV2RrwIs
youtube.com/watch?v=ZY77zDzNmYw

I honestly can't decide

>Brevity is the soul of wit, and metal is completely antithetical of that concept
How the fuck is music witty?

If that phrase applies to music, then classical must really be bad

youtube.com/watch?v=BHANdi0IbPY

are you serious? Uk of course.

it's quality, rather than quantity