Why are the FF completely absent from the current Marvel editorial line?

Why are the FF completely absent from the current Marvel editorial line?
I mean basically everyone has their own series except for them.
Yes, The Thing is a Guardian... Johnny is among the Inhumans... meh.
Was it really so impossible to create a miniseries about the Richards now that they are basically inter-dimensional Gods?
At the beginning I thought this was an embargo by Disney to punish non-Disney properties but this theory is shit because there are 4 books on the X-Men (and that one on Dawn with Silver Surfer as guest star) so it can't be.
Are the FF really LESS sellable than, I don't know, Karnak, Black Knight, Hyperion or Moon Girl?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U7QvI9AbGDk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because casuals still like x-men. Not many casuals think the 4 are worthwhile.

Movie rights, dopey. Same reason they're phasing out the x-men.

Man, did you even read my post?

Ok, may I ask you why? Is this because the X-Men do have good movies and the FF don't?

Richards showing that super cock pulled back.

Movie rights, Perlmutter being a whiny and very greedy baby since Feige wants nothing to do with him and his pet Inhumans project.

Movie rights definitely play a part in it, but sometimes big characters go away for awhile. FF wasn't selling great, so like they did with Thor almost two decades ago, they're going to disappear for awhile. Then you can have a big relaunch down the road when they return.

The lesser books like Hyperion and Moon Girl, that's just the typical throwing things at the wall and seeing if it sticks. Most of them will fail but every so often you will get a Runaways, something that catches on for awhile. Karnak has more to do with Ellis who could probably write six issues of any character he wants at this point.

Your post is shit.

The last Fantas4stic was so bad the FF are radioactive.

That's as complex as it has to be.

>Your post is shit.
Care to explain why?

>Movie rights
>Movie rights
But what about the four X-Men ongoing series then? I don't understand this.

>At the beginning I thought this was an embargo by Disney to punish non-Disney properties but this theory is shit because there are 4 books on the X-Men (and that one on Dawn with Silver Surfer as guest star) so it can't be.
It's still that user, 4 X-books really isn't that much.

And look at that nice roster in Marvel Future Fight: not a single X-Men or FF related property, no even Deadpool or DOOM.

If they cannot sell tickets or merch then they do not deserve a title.

If people start giving a shit about superpowered family values again to the point of buying shirts then we'll see.

It's still mostly just movie rights. If they could put an FF book with 0 effort put into it that could sell as well as the X-Men books do, then they'd still have a book. But they sell like trash when there's a trash creative team - which is all they're willing to dedicate to them as long as they don't have the movie rights - so there you have it.

FF was never about family values.

Forgot about Fant4stic, that definitely played a part in it. They probably want to associate with that as little as possible.

this

>Bunch of straight white guys
>make the worst failing movies and tv series
>they are old, stale, and boring
>they cannot attract new fans
>not attached to any significant event in decades
>too old fashioned for modern audiences
>they are not really superheroes anyway

take your pick user, people hate FF

>not attached to any significant event in decades
Weren't they at the very center of the latest big Marvel event?
>they are not really superheroes anyway
care to elaborate on this one?

>people hate FF
Nah people still love the fantastic four
you're just being a faggot

Deadpool was such a money cow, movie rights poster child there...

That and the 4 font have the same appeal the x-men has. Where x-men more or less evolved with the times, the 4 gave off a 60s Johnny quest vibe

Disney phasing out the FF has more credit than you might think. The marvel Legendary deck building game has a fantastic four expansion that has been out of print for something like 2 years now. It's the only one marvel won't let the company reprint.

Just something small that when you look at how they have no books and don't really show up int hings right now kind of points to Disney trying to tank the franchise for a while at least.

I read that "Smilin' Stan blurb as: 'Smiling Satan'
shit was so cash.

they do the same with other merchandising like t-shirts and lunchboxes, they do not print the FF(and other marvel scattered license characters) for not publicize the enemy's assets.

sad_story_bro.jpg

It's different than X-Men because X-Men is popular enough that they can still bring in plenty of revenue.

than why don't they make the FF popular again?

Didn't they recently add Deadpool? Or was that a different game?

Honestly the fact that Nebula and Black Bolt are in a game before Wolverine is astonishing. I can't believe I live in that world.

Reed Richards is dead

He is a space angel

Not profitable enough, lot's of reasons were given in this thread, not popular enough oldie IP should hybernate for some years until movie rights die and would be hip again, etc...

That's the whole point: Why would they want to? From their view, they don't have the movie rights so why bother making the FF popular or giving them a good book?

Four is a pretty low number for X-Men books and you know it.

They used to take up a third of the line.

Because the movies were just that bad.

FF are a forgotten, unloved relic of the 70's. Like Ghost Rider

Movies.

X-men sell too much for them to kill them off completely, but they're still trying.

No. Recently we got Kamala, Whor, Carnage, Moon Knight, Crossbones, and Thanos and his merry men. No Deadpool, though Doctor Strange is coming.

>At the beginning I thought this was an embargo by Disney to punish non-Disney properties but this theory is shit because there are 4 books on the X-Men (and that one on Dawn with Silver Surfer as guest star) so it can't be.
>But what about the four X-Men ongoing series then? I don't understand this.

X-Men sells well enough that they'll allow some books to be published, even though if Perlmutter had his way, he would've canceled them too.

Fantastic Four was selling about as well as Silver Surfer and Inhumans, so it got the axe with the excuse of "low sales" even though more people would rather read a Fantastic Four book than the Inhumans as they're being portrayed.

Oh, and Chulk with his rapey face

Why would you go out of your way to make something popular that you don't even own, let alone owned by rivals?

dude, torrent down all the FF comic books there's arround and you haven't read yet, I bet you can read 1 for each week until new cool FF shit will be produced again, it's not like there's scarcity in FF material. I used to buy lots of old ff discarded books and 60 reprints for cents back in the day(local Non US editions), now with intarwebs reading them all is way easier. (Those glorious ditko and kirby issues fuck yeah)

I was thinking of Contest of Champions

youtube.com/watch?v=U7QvI9AbGDk

But he was already in the game, alongside a few other X-Men.

Also don't forget that people at Marvel requested that Hickman kill the Fantastic Four but he declined. They wanted to deemphasize the Fantastic Four to bring less promotion to Fox, and it would be easier to do than canceling all the X-titles.

You're thinking like an artist, man. You have to think like a businessman here; think like an asshole who not only wants to make a lot of money, but wants other assholes to not make money.

If you make the FF popular again, you run the risk of Fox actually getting material that could make for a GOOD Fantastic Four film.

Richards is God.

And he made Cap a Nazi.

They're redundant.
They're no longer the go-to scifi comic, or the go-to team comic, or the go-to big event comic. They have no reason to exist anymore besides "muh tradition".

>material that could make for a GOOD Fantastic Four film.
at that point, Disney could do a shared movie with Fox like they're doing with Sony for Spider-man, no? My rival makesmoney ok, but I also make money. And I'm Disney, so I'll get all the credit anyway.

Right now, X-Men still has a following to be profitable even though they've reduced the number of titles and trying to deemphasize mutants.

Fraction's Fantastic Four dropped to like the 20,000's. I forgot how well Robinson's did but I think it wasn't enough to save the book. But the main reason they canceled it had more to do with not wanting Fox to use ideas from the book and to not promote Fox's possible Fantastic Four films. The sales thing was an excuse to hide behind. They can't make the book popular otherwise people will remember to go see Fox's films.

If the Daredevil rights hadn't returned I wouldn't be surprised if they had canceled that too.

As someone who came in terribly late to the whole Fantastic Four scene, it kind of leaves a bittersweet taste in my mouth reading some of the early issues. You could tell that Kirby loved working on it and it seemed to incorporate everything that he did during and away from his time at Marvel. I really have yet to see anybody replicate Kirby's style of writing, but I'm starting to think nobody is interested in writing stories like that anymore; ones with hope and unbridled optimism.

Ewing's Ultimates is pretty damn close though

>at that point, Disney could do a shared movie with Fox like they're doing with Sony for Spider-man, no? My rival makesmoney ok, but I also make money. And I'm Disney, so I'll get all the credit anyway.

The Sony deal worked in favor of Marvel because Sony is so fucking inept it got to the point that their only profitable franchise was Spider-Man, so by then they were desperate to make deals with Marvel in order to continue making films. First Sony gave up the live-action tv and animation rights, then they gave up the merchandise rights in exchange for Marvel's share of Spider-Man box office, and now they jointly share Spider-Man.

Fox doesn't have as much problems as Sony, so they still hold on to live-action TV rights (but need Marvel's approval to get them to be made) and film rights (IIRC they gave up animated rights years ago). They're probably reluctant to make deals also because they lost Star Wars to Disney. They probably want a lot more in return for the Fantastic Four rights.

I feel like that Space Knights book should probably be Brandy Clark as told to Bill Mantlo, but Bill Mantlo is something of a Jabberjaw.

L&K FF are best FF

If MS doesn't have the rights they don't give a fuck [spoilers]and FF haven't been popular for years[/spoiler]

>at that point, Disney could do a shared movie with Fox like they're doing with Sony for Spider-man, no?
Fox isn't quite as badly on the ropes as Sony was. They're also notoriously much more stingy with sharing their toys.

Fox sounds retarded to me.

Just like how Lee and Ditko/Romita had the best Spidey run.

60s-70s was the best era for Marvel.

Sexiest hulk there is (if you don't like women)

sony wanted disney to pay millions per guest appearance of THEIR spider-man and disney would have no say on what happens to him and make no money on the solo films. They even tried to make the fans force disney to do it, by saying hey ask marvel to let us include spider-man. ASM2 flopped and they said fuck lets meet them halfway they get to use him for free and disney gets final say in the solo films.

Same things would happen here, Fox will demand the same things and have no reason to settle