Is there a reason most of the women making shows right now are making shows that are almost exaggeratedly girly?

Is there a reason most of the women making shows right now are making shows that are almost exaggeratedly girly?
>Lots of pastel coloring
>Candy, rainbow, pink fluffy animals used ironically
>Art style is generally very cutesy
>Fantasy slice-of-life magic

They're all kind of starting to blend together. What happened to making things like Pepper Ann or Xiaolin Showdown? Are networks purposely pushing the careers of women artists who only draw in cute ways and ignoring the rest?

Women think differently than men, who'da thunk it

>Are networks purposely pushing the careers of women artists who only draw in cute ways and ignoring the rest?

I'd say the fact that Green lantern the animated series and Sym-Bionic titan aren't still on the air confirms it

It's more like there weren't much women in creative positions in animation before.
inb4 Tumblr

It's that they would've simply made "girl shows" a few years back. Now they make "girly shows".

They probably watched girly shows as kids

>/mlp/ on Sup Forums

Oh boy. Barneyfag ain't going to like that.

Most cartoons don't make it past the first season, so you're gonna need more than anecdotal evidence for your conspiracy.

I think it's been long enough people don't give a shit anymore. Steven Universe has kind of taken people's minds off of that.

>cartoon network's first show created by a woman
>its about fucking jewelry

Your Midget Donkeys is for preschool girls who like bright shit, SvtFoE and SU are aimed at elementary-middle school girls who buy bright shit, Doctor Unicorn is a parody, and Bee-normous Thighs is, I will freely admit, jut hot shit.

MODS!

As it turns out, plenty of girls enjoy girly things.

Whatever happened to puppycat

It's not just cartoons that are created by women that are "colorful". Most cartoons since Adventure Time have been like that. Clarence, Uncle Grandpa, a shit ton of other things. In fact, a large amount of cartoons produced ever have been colorful. It's only more noticeable, because they are high definition now, and computers can render colors and effects much more clearly. Also, I think calling most cartoons "girly" is misleading. They're unisex, really. Yes, including MLP.

Let's see how long it takes for the mods to do their job. Bet it'll be up for 30 minutes.

Steven Universe and Star VS are not even that girly.
I mean, it's comparatively girly when you put it next to 90s cartoons, but it's really not something that aggressively appeals to only girls.
I would say this is more a reflection of the people who make it rather than any kind of intent.
If anything the shows are drifting towards more comprehensive stories over mindnumbing action and more character development while abandoning the boys-or-bust approach we had in earlier decades.

Sure, you can tell which shows are written by women, but I don't feel the sharp gender divide we once had. With more normalised relations between male and female characters and less boys vs girls narrative going on.
So in a way I guess this is more watchable for adults, banking on a parent generation that cares to look at what their kids watch.

>Steven Universe and Star VS are not even that girly.
>Steven universe has exactly 1 male character that appears in most episodes (Also, he's technically his own mom)
>Star Butterfly is a magical princess whose every spell involves some sort of cute animal, pastry, and a destructive word like bomb or lazer

I don't hate either of those shows but come on user

Featuring a primarily female cast does not =/= girly show.

But having lots of relationship melodrama, having characters constantly have emotional breakdowns and talk about their feelings, and having a theme about friendship conquering all does.

because fat autists love that kind of design

Can someone tell me what that show is underneath the Unicorn Doctor, and to the left of Bee and Puppycat? I could've sworn I've seen it somewhere.

>A rather tame topic (so far) about women in animation
>MODS DO YOUR JOBS

It's people like you that just makes Sup Forums one big circlejerk. Literally the only people bitching about the pony show are the haters, there hasn't been a single autistic fan spamming reaction images or any shit like that.

That's just art by Doxy

Holy shit is exaggerated summerfaggery shitposting a thing now

I can't wait for Sugar's next show about Purse People who came from underground.

The creator of Star Vs. specifically said that her inspirations include anime with girly designs (Sailor Moon, Unico, Magic Knight Rayearth) and the '80s cartoons like Rainbow Brite that she watched as a kid.

I think it's not quite as girly as OP says on the whole though, designs aside, given that many of the cutesy spells used end up having violent consequences. It's not like the whole thing's about conquering through friendship or whatever. Also like 90% of the writers of the first season were male.

>Featuring a primarily female cast does not =/= girly show.
Yeah it does stupid
name 5 cartoons that are primarily female and aren't super girly
primarily female casts lead to girly stuff

By that definition One Piece is plenty girly at times.

I would argue that Narwal-Blasting the shit out of monsters while karate-chopping with your other hand is not exactly the girliest thing to do.
Nor is turning into a sexual tyrannosaurus and abducting guys.

You're asking why a group of female artists who grew up inundated with this are making art that looks like that?

Maybe if the Narwhals weren't tiny, surrounded by hearts and rainbow or whatever, and they didn't look like pic related

> turning into a sexual tyrannosaurus and abducting guys
That's just female puberty stupid