So this is Christmas... and what have you done... another year wasted... and a new one just begun

So this is Christmas... and what have you done... another year wasted... and a new one just begun

Other urls found in this thread:

canada.ca/en/department-national-defence/services/caf-jobs/apply-now.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

canada.ca/en/department-national-defence/services/caf-jobs/apply-now.html

Stop that. Or at least give more info

I literally linked you the application page.

lets face it. its 2018, you're NOT going to fix your life on your own. the reserves is the only place that will take your worthless ass and help you become something respectable. they can even help you finish your high school education.

if your not going to kys for everyone's sake, this is the next best step.

What trade should I join though? Are you a recruiter?

To be quite honest I was on my way quite well, I abstained from Sup Forums for a month prior to this holiday break.

you do what ever fits you best, talk to your local recruiter. most large towns have an office. no I am not a recruiter. but I have worked with the CAF through the private sector and have good friends who joined it. its what you need at this point.

and no, not going on Sup Forums doesn't get you a job

I've never seen so many consecutive leafs before,.

its just 2 ppl tho. I want this loser off the board. and they only thing that can fix his life is the army.

I have a fulltime job though and I'm working on a few other things. The issue is that i constantly feel "blackpilled".

Trust me normie I tried, I even asked reddit for help but I am perhaps mentally inferior to succeed.

wtf dude your #1 issue is literally self-esteem, stop thinking so lowly of yourself god damnit bro

I feel cucked by working hard knowing someone else got better results with less effort.

In the gym, everyone uses steroids. In business everyone lies and cheats to make money. Women don't want anything to do with you if your face is bad. I could go on and on but why bother.

See that's your problem. Focus on yourself, why do you care about other people? Fuck them

Because I got trolled by the social darwinism fags from a young age. They told me le might makes right

>no advice as per usual
Thanks guys

Bro I literally gave you advice and you just are making excuses come on

You live a sad life. All of your thoughts and decisions revolve around complete strangers, many who only hypothetically exist, and out of the ones who do exist, you only know them to a superficial degree, and wildly extrapolate things from this superficial degree of familiarity with their personas.

You need to sit back, chill, and just do whatever the fuck you want.

I'm trying to do what I want, and that's to compete with them. But I'm having difficulty finding the willpower and strength to push my way through to make it in this cruel world.

Who told you that you had to compete?
And if you are competing, why are you trying to compete on a playing field that other people have set?
I'd post a brainlet but I don't have any.

...eh... yes... and?

33 yo wizard. I think that I'm happier with my life than ever, but my worries are my future and the deplorable state of my country.

Out of curiosity, what are the perks of joining the armed forces?

I know that Americans (Mexicans too) join the army to get healthcare and a chance to study a major and have a career and a decent life, but as you have kind of solved the healthcare thing, which are the incentives to join the armed forces?

>money
>adventure
>skills
>networking
>healthcare benefits for you and your senpai

How does the average Mexican army grunt feel about the cartel?

What can I say. I'm just a brainlet.

How much is the wage compared to non-army jobs?

What are the healthcare benefits? I thought that with a job you had access to all.

I don't know, but I guess they are kind of tired of it, scared for their own safety and their families or they don't care.

First, Mexico is a country with an invisible but rigid class system. The "average grunt" (private, corporal, Sargent) generally come from the lowest part of the income level. People who only had 5 options in life to choose from: Be a peasant living off below the minimum wage (and poverty line), join the church (and they are kind of full already), migrate to one of the big cities and live in shanty towns in houses with mud floors and cardboard ceiling and walls, go to the USA (also full), joining the army/navy or becoming a narco themselves.

Most of them have low education, we are talking about incomplete Elementary school (9 years) and some who finished elementary did in so deplorable schools that they know how to read, but they can't understand a simple text. So if their commanding officers order them to take care of a field, being one of maize or marihuana, they just stand there and do it, if they command them to execute people without evidence or trials, they just do it. For them, that's their place in the world and that's what they have to do.

If I tried to join the armed forces, probably I would be rejected because with a bachelors and specialization degree I would be "overqualified" to be a grunt, I would have to wait for a space open for a lieutenant position, and as officers and grunts are two completely different group of people it would take me effort to know what do they think.

My last contact with them was during my military service, but that was 15 years ago, there was no narco war. They seemed like normal people who like the benefits (healthcare, credit at lower rates, 20 days of paid vacations, etc.) but thought that the wage was too damn low.

We don't have dental, vision and some other healthcare covered by the government.

Money is pretty good but not amazing compared to the private sector unless you're an officer. I think most trades start at ~$45-50k CAD/year.

Sounds like fun. Travel, adventure, interesting people, getting fit, learning skills.

I would give it a try if I were Canadian, 10 years younger and not 1.60 m tall

>incomplete elementary school
I didn't know it was that bad over there.
I was expecting at least incomplete high school.
Over here people drop out of school because they're shitheads, but I'm assuming in Mexico people drop out because of extenuating circumstances.
Do they wind up helping out on the field, construction, or is education not affordable?

They end up working as unskilled workers, as you say, fields, construction, etc. Education is public and mandatory up to "Secundaria" (9 years of education). A 3 or 4 years ago, high school was also made mandatory, but a high number of towns doesn't even have a high school, so enrollment is about 60% of people of that age group.

Legally, companies can't employ anyone below 16 years of age, but 56% of our working population does their job in the informal sector (the definition being people without any kind of social security or health benefits). Heck, I'm generally in that sector too.

So, yes, people drop out of school, knock someone and get hastily married, etc.

19th year of life

The Good

Got a full time job in the mines
Career paths open again
Healthier weight upgraded from twig to stick
Playing sport again
Full beard no itch
Been to all the capitals on the eastern coast

The Bad

Still angry and depressed but not anywhere near last year
May be drinking to much for my own good
no friends