>Worldwide box office gross: $163 million

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qgJs7uluwlU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's a shit movie

Not enough Queens and power loaders

It wasn't Prometheus 2

They moved away from the story of Prometheus, without realizing that wasn't what was wrong with it - and subsequently failed to improve any of the mistakes made in Prometheus, while also being layered with a story that is tired with even weaker characters than Prometheus.

Doesn't help that if you saw the trailer or had a modicum of intelligence, there was literally Z E R O tension through the entire movie.

This is completely normal box office performance for a Ridley Scott movie. I know that Sup Forums's autistic obsession with superhero box office in the past two-three years has poisoned your brain but you can't apply this stuff to every filmmaker and studio.

>Using the word tension

Found the RLM cuck

Maybe you just aren't the audience for a raunchy R-rated space horror flick. Sorry bout that.

Go the fuck back. What business do you have in discussing horror/thriller genre if you're not even versed in the vocabulary of it?

people are getting tired of watching the same movie again and again and again.

The movie feels artificially extended just so it can be both prometheus and alien, considering the amount of shit that is important and the fact that only 2-3 characters are actually developed and not just there to die. If a sequel comes out I bet with some good editing someone will be able to make a much better 2 and a half hour movie from covenant+covenant 2.

>superhero movies

Think again

Pretty much this with the addition that none of the other Alien movies make sense anymore either, nor do the "engineers" since they're still way smaller than the one from Alien

It'll thankfully sell enough blu rays and merch to warrant alien awakening being made

After the dissapointment from Prometheus, people didn't want to waste money watching another Ridley-directed entry. Especially one that from the trailers at least, just looked like a remake of Alien 1 with a worse script and cast rather than a sequel.

youtube.com/watch?v=qgJs7uluwlU
Is it still the only fun part to come out of nu-Alien movies? Covenant David is way less interesting

Meanwhile Fox is about to give us at least three more sequels to this glorious masterpiece.

Does rlm own the word tension now?

holy fuck, that abomination made so much money ???? what the fuck is wrong with some of these people

the female lead is ugly

R rated, no superheroes.

David's triumphant and cruel victory over no-charisma Ripley-rip-off is a symbolic 'shovelling of soil' on the Alien aspects of the film and those who only wanted another xeno film. One last tired monster-slasher to get to the good stuff.

It felt low-budget and other than the Walter/David stuff I wasn't truly "enthralled" by it.

>what went wrong.
OH I DO NOT KNOW maybe because directors don't use the graphic novels as a stable point to make it more brutal than it should be. If you are an alien fan. Then you too will understand the graphic novels have more story arc. Alien graphic novels were and will always be better.

This. batman vs Alien and Superman vs Alien were better graphic novels than this piece of shit.

Nothing. It's a really good science fiction movie. The best movie so far this year.

It's not an issue if you don't lie it, but it doesn't make it a bad movie either. Fans of the franchise enjoyed it, that's all that matters. It has the action, the horror, the body horror, lore expansion, superb acting by Fassbender, amazing attention to detail and visuals by Ridley. To top it off it's a masterpiece of human condition exploration, both spiritually and religiously. Maybe it's too deep for you, user.

It is on track to make double its budget. We will get 1 more prequel movie and 5 more Alien sequels confirmed by Ridley.

Deal with it.

Kiss ass.

Worldwide

you actually saved that picture and changed the filename just so you can use it on people when it's appropriate.

dont read comic books so fuck off nerd

I agree but Sup Forums is a shit tier trolling fest worse than reddit so expect a lot of crap

if your offended my job is done. Like Ridley with the Alien legacy.

You are missing out.

>the Alien legacy.
literally died with James Cameron's shlockfest

Nah Prometheus was the final cut to kill it all.

Winona Ryder and Warrick Brown with a sript by Joss Whedon

Checkmate.

scott doesn't know how to take criticism and misinterpreted why people didn't like prometheus. No one wanted to see Alien v1.5, they wanted answers for questions prometheus brought up. This movie would have been fine if Prometheus never happened.

touche.

I will fight you

he's right though. I don't understand how she's getting so much work right now. Nothing particularly special about her, even her acting sucks.

she prolly sucks mean dick, producers are happy

that and nepotism

the movie pleased neither fans of alium as well as prometheus

it was also really not fucking courteous to not answer or focus on all the really cool/ interesting shit that prometheus left open

that said I went to see this shit day one and there were very few people sitting in the theater. I don't think there was inherent interest for it

personally, the title 'covenant' still sounds fan-fiction tier to me, and it never set well with me after the discarded and much more intriguing 'paradise lost'. Supposedly the next one is called 'awakening' (if fox gives ridley the go-ahead) and that shit sounds so boring that it induces retching

Alien was never huge at the box office.