www31.zippyshare.com/v/oP99FUzc/file.html
www8.zippyshare.com/v/IIxSTHH9/file.html
www8.zippyshare.com/v/HpxqSvEd/file.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That Batmobile looks great

Tom King looks kinda weird

He looks better and younger when his lack of hair is covered

It just looked like he was on the edge and always looking around for something

My fear is that he's going to try to be too crowd-pleasing to the much broader Batman audience. It seems like he's putting a LOT more splash pages into Batman so that it's pretty easy to read, but I think some of the best moments in particularly Grayson and also Omega Men have been with more complex layouts.

I really, really hope his writing stays as weird and comicbook-y as it was before. (And, another Duh hope, but I hope the Rebirth was mostly Snyder's influence)

kek, you guys go too far sometimes with the "King is the ultimate CIA guy", like he's the Jason Bourne of Comics. But that always makes me laugh.
I just think guys like Scott or Tom being interviewed in public crowds always look weird because they're so grateful to fans, but they also gotta shill their own stuff because DC asks them to, so they gotta find the right balance between "I'm just a normal dude with sometimes good homeruns and good fans" and "read my stuff, it's gonna be the best ever and the DCU will never be the same after my groundbreaking never-seen-before mother-of-all-story!".

Agreed, it's basically the Batmobile from the Batman Animated Series. So I love it

Gotta say, Finch's art in this looks pretty amazing, in a "mainstream" kind of way. Not sure if he can keep up delivering such a good imagery throughout his schedule, but this brings an adequate mood and good, powerful postures.

>exploring Batman's limitations as a human and having to face them

sounds great

That Batmobile is pure sex holy shit.

I'm so happy Bellaire's on this book, good coloring really matters with Finch

Yeah I'm hoping she can turn his mediocre art into good art
Him rushing a double shipping book probably won't help but we'll see I guess

I went and found a larger image for you guys drooling over the batmobile

I think that's a possibility.

Batman will be dumbed down adventure shit for casuals. Probably be crossover heavy with non-Batbooks too in order to capitalize sales

Detective Comics will be the containment book for Bat fans who want the mythos and the Batman Hitler Youth club. If anything major happens to the franchise, it will happen here, for the bonus point of making people buy Detective Comics and making it sell big.

(Case in point, Batwoman's wedding will take place in Detective Comics)

Snyder's All-Star Batman will be the artsy grim dark book.

Even if his Batman i what you fear at least he might get another book later since Batman and Sheriff will be all he has afer Vision is cancelled.

I don't get why people dislike Finch so much

>decompression
Dropped.

His art is generic at best and really bad at worst.

Generic is okay, I guess, but Finch is a step down from Capullo.

They once wrote Batman living through his 60s and 70s shenanigans and having Batman of Zurr en arrh as his backup personality with Bat mite as his voice. That was along time ago, but Batman editorial under Doyle seems non restrictive.

The Gotham and Gotham Girl concept sounds really interesting to me. Definitely going to stick it out through the first arc at least to see how that plays out. I assume it ends in a fight with them versus Batman eventually based on that interview.

I'm hoping that'll be more of an early climax, I really want to see batman actually deal with the internal conflict of questioning his own capabilities.
If he just beats them to a pulp with no problem then I'd be really disappointed

I feel like Gotham will grudgingly respect Batmans opinion but Gotham Girl will get mad at Batsy

isn't he the one responsible for pic related though?

f you ask me, Batman got off to a bad start in Rebirth, and not just because of that. The whole one shot was just...bad.

>inb4 it's an edit

I know. I fucking made it.

He co-wrote it with Snyder and it was just a one-shot. I didn't think it was awful at any rate, there have been far, far worse Batman stories.

why is that bad? Batman has been portrayed as suicidal sinc the 80s

He wrote a lot of homolust moments like this in Grayson tho.

Wait what someone story time issue 1 please I missed it

I dunno. I'm not complaining because of the Scarecrow, for example, whose retcon I found refreshing.

the whole thing just felt like a stumbling batwank, with the exhibitionistic exercising, those 6 minutes underwater, another fucking member of the bat-family while being self-conscious of how many freaking robins there are...
Also I can't actually remember what the issue was about. Nothing memorable at all for me

I mean, it's the mainbook about Batman so it's expected to have some level of wankery about the character.

Nah they'll end up being killed off they're just a plot device
Either by a sacrifice or by a villain

>exhibitionistic exercising
It was literally just one old guy watching him. It's not like women were crowded around wetting their panties.

>6 minutes underwater
Tom Cruise can hold his breath for 6 minutes, why wouldn't Batman be able to?

>another fucking member of the bat-family while being self-conscious of how many freaking robins there are
Fucking what?

It's fucking hilarious how Bruce can't get away with SHIT these days because of how eager people like you are to scream "BATWANK" every chance they get.

That Batmoblie looks like one from Batman The animated series with a bat head on the front. I like that Batmoblie I'm glad it's in comics

What is this new thing Batman is trying with Duke?

He's going to try not molesting him

a not-Robin helper
more of a hero and less of a sidekick I guess

>exhibitionistic exercising
even if he was alone, a normal pole in the open would have sufficed to "train under extreme hot weather" which I guess was Bruce's aim. Also, the thing with him and Duke kicking the tree was just... I don't know. I know it's supposed to be a reference to YO, but they just didn't sell it to me

>6 mins
in sub-zero termperatures, with maximum physical and mental stress? even when he's supposed to make it only to 4 mins according to the comic's own rules?

>another member of the bat family
Batgirl, Oracle, Batwoman, Batwing, Nightwing, Robin, Red Robin, a couple more of robins, Blackbat (I don't even know anymore?)
All of this while Batman is shown to be aloof, uncapable of propper intimate socialization, and preffering to work alone

And Duke and Bruce were even discussing how he didn't want to be "another robin" iirc

Also, I love Batman, and I love to see him achieving impossible feats and being ridiculously good at everything as the next guy, but you know, small dosis over time, please.

here it is, buddy

Torturing people at the CIA is one hell of a drug.

also,
>implying Tom Cruise is human

aliens posessed that body decades ago, user

Miki and Bellaire's doing god's work to make this art look tolerable. It already looks so much better than Janin's Rebirth special.

>Snyder
>Artsy

Pick 1

Agreed, they are both brilliant at what they do. Also how many fucking books does Bellaire do? She's a coloring machine.

I took it as more of an assistant and less of a sidekick.

>aliens posessed that body decades ago, user

Ironicly, Tom Cruise believes the exact opposite of this

that's what they want you to believe user

What do you got against those kinda moments

Seriously, that page isn't the problem.

If anything's batwank, it's the page of him slipping, and then being able to get back onto the tower

The whole pull-ups scene served two purposes, to get in a good workout, and to keep up his act as an eccentric thrill-seeking playboy in front of Lucius. Also to try and make a breathtaking page for Janin to draw.

Are you seriously mad that Batman was able to hold his breath for 6 minutes in cold water? He has state-of-the-art gear and has been training for shit like that since he was a boy. There are men in real life who can hold their breath for over 20 minutes. And kicking the tree was just an homage, I'm sorry that wasn't good enough for you.

And you have no idea what they're going to do with Duke, yet you're already whining. Unbelievable.

He was just switching hands.

He didn't slip he was changing arms on the bar

>eccentric thrill-seeking playboy in front of Lucius
What does Bruce gain from this? Doesn't he already know he's Batman?

shit book.

Dropped.

He's nt trying anything new. He's literally Tim. Listen to one of Tom King's interviews and he literally describes Duke "unique" role in the series as when Tim started out

Better question, why would he be exercising unmasked doing things that only Batman can in public, let alone when it's hotter than it's ever been in recorded history and barehanded on steel in the sun?

Where does he describe the role?

Ok. I haven't read the Rebirth issue. How could it be bad enough to get all of you fine Sup Forumsmrades calling it weak or downright "shitty?"

Can we get a storytime up in this?

Look in the archive. The problem with it is that it doesn't tell a complete story. It's just a meandering issue where nothing really happens except for having a lame symbolic allusion to the Rebirth concept. It's definitely Snyder's fault though. It reads like his typical garbage.

I will check the archive. And that's a damn shame the issue wasn't too great. I'm sure King will turn it around.

I'd feel more confident if the new vigilante wasn't named Gotham. That is a bit on the nose. At least Gordon looks his age again.

It was on a podcast he retweeted. Don't remember the name of a podcast but it was on soundcloud

It has a lot more splash pages because it's being drawn by Finch. He's got a thing for splash pages.

Also, they sell more afterwards.

King barely seemed to be involved with the Rebirth issue. It mostly seemed to be Synder setting shit up for All-Star.

This issue is just more of a reason for me to skip floppies altogether, trades it is for me.

Everybody is saying this, but it thoroughly reminded me of a King script in every respect but the pages with big black panels announcing dates and stuff.

It felt flat to me.

Batman - Rebirth 001 (2016) (digital) (Oroboros-DCP)
www31.zippyshare.com/v/oP99FUzc/file.html

Batman - Rebirth 01 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Faessla)
www8.zippyshare.com/v/IIxSTHH9/file.html

Batman - Rebirth 001 (2016) (Webrip) (The Last Kryptonian-DCP)
www8.zippyshare.com/v/HpxqSvEd/file.html

>people are actually unironically excited for Rehashbirth

They don't want to admit their golden boy, King, would write something so dissapointing. I could definitely see some SNyder there too, but not most of the issue at all.

This.

Lucius knows who Batman is, though.

Yep.

Batman is basically 2 comics since its bimonthly

He can do four.

he can but DC isn't necessarily interested in putting out 4 comics by him per month

He was writing 3-4 for Dc at a time. I think they would put him on one more.

>keep up his act as an eccentric playboy
Lucious knows.

>he has state-of-the-art gear
no face mask nor oxygen tanks. also, his suit cowl and mantle would weight him down, and the conditions in which professionals are able to sustain their breath so long are very specific. Certainly not in extremely cold water and swimming their asses off to

>you have no idea what they're going to do with Duke

another boy-helper. It's pretty darn obvious

also, stop getting this mad at me not liking the one shot very much. I've given my motives, which I deem reasoble. no need to be disrespectful

At most it was three and one of them was co-written by him.

>no face mask nor oxygen tanks. also, his suit cowl and mantle would weight him down, and the conditions in which professionals are able to sustain their breath so long are very specific. Certainly not in extremely cold water and swimming their asses off to
you may have autism

I may, but you're a 100% pure certified cretin.

Maybe you should e-mail Tom King and let him know you're displeased with having Batman hold his breath too long, or exercise in unreasonable conditions, or having a sidekick.

Fucking pedantic aspie.

no, you are seriously a fucking inbred if you read superhero comics and get annoyed about them having unrealistic physical abilities

as I said before:

"I love Batman, and I love to see him achieving impossible feats and being ridiculously good at everything as the next guy, but you know, small dosis over time, please"

also if you are so sensitive about me making any criticism about your precious batgod, maybe it would be better if you just offed yourselves

It was a mediocre story, both in art and in writing, I've already said why I think it to be so and I'm not the only one saying it is, nor the harshest critic.
now fuck off and let me be. love the damn book if you wish.
user out of thread

I like that his voice is about one step away from being Bobcat Goldthwait

URG.

very ... very shit.

Not a fan of this cover. I'm hoping the variants are cool.

Several retailer exclusive variants are available; check eBay

At least 10 or so books.

He's still doing Sheriff, and Vision isn't over yet

Pretty sure he's done writing Vision, user.

Based af

Gotta give the gays and girls their fanservice too, user. It's only fair.

Look at it this way, the more scenes like this there are, the harder it is for people to argue against fanservice of female characters as well.

He has never been "really bad"
Pic related is some of his worst work dew to Diana looking to preposterously young but at the same time, she is well rendered and detailed and would look great IF she was meant to be a young teen Diana.

Those proportions on Diana seem a little off. Like, her arms are too small for that body and the head seems a little too big.

I enjoyed the Rebirth issue, it wasn't anything outstanding, but it was a good read nonetheless.

I'm looking forward to King's solo stories. And I'm actually excited about the new characters he'll be introducing.
Do we know who the villain will be in the first arc? Any speculations?

Gotham and Gotham Girl

Gotham and Gotham Girl? Isn't it Gotham Boy and Gotham Girl?

No, it's just Gotham

Well, that's just silly.

Nah, I think they're meant to be heroes, albeit amateurs. King said he wasn't planning on creating any new villains because there are so many old ones that haven't been used in a while.

The interview makes it sound interesting. It's going to be about Batman's internal struggles and limitations, which King has done well in Omega men and Vision.

They're going to be the main antagonists of the first arc, even if they're not "villains" per se