Homestuck and Andrew Hussie

I used to really like how Hussie would interact with his fans. It always felt to me like he was trying to be as much of an ass as possible while still being affable and sincere when the time called for it.

Did Hussie grow out of that, or did I? Right around the time Homestuck started to fall apart I noticed more complaints about his ego and defensiveness, and seeing some of what he's posted in the last few years makes it seem like he's now unironically just a jackass.

Did he grow more bitter over time, or was he always like that and I just didn't notice?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_effect
danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1302487
youtube.com/watch?v=5GorzIM2k04
youtube.com/watch?v=UEGVGqJEeCo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it was kind of to be expected when homestuck got popular
he did seem a little regretful about acting like an ass, even at the time
some people probably don't know this but Hussie actually had two formsprings, he deleted the first one after a lot of fighting with the fans

Ask any prominent author with a beard what they think of fans and you'll hear only intense disgust and sweeping statements on their stupidity.

Years of exposure to whining retards makes you jaded as fuck and gives you the impression that that's all there is. And Hussie submerged himself in it more than most do.

He was always snarky.
But the attention he'd get, especially from people who were just trying to manipulate a celebrity, would exhaust a saint's patience. I think it was a good idea to have friends that would filter the constant noise.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_effect

Yeah, just look at the shit George RR Martin has to put up with, bullshit like trying to call him out for being outside his house drinking coffee instead of writing books.

most of the time I'd think people aren't really bugging Martin or Hussie for more work, they're probably bugging him just to pick a fight with a high-status member of the pack.

Gamzee killed the personifications of the zodiac
Ted Cruz is the zodiac killer
Therefore Gamzee is Ted Cruz

>I think it was a good idea to have friends that would filter the constant noise.
doesn't seem to have improved the quality of his work any

>and seeing some of what he's posted in the last few years makes it seem like he's now unironically just a jackass.
examples?

anyone got that nepeta bkub drew

>tfw you will never go to an anime con with your shitty friends to tell hussie homosuck a shit

pratchett had a beard and i don't think he'd agree with that

>nepeta bkub
danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1302487
JUST FUCKING GOOGLE IT

>>No.83486130
I was late for last thread and it's messy but here.

Ugh I f-ed up, it was supposed to be

bkub seriously drew that? Incredible

tell me your classpect and I'll give you one sentence of potential powers.

Waste of Space

Heir of Legends confirmed for best track.

Sylph of Mind

page of void

the guy who takes a really long time to grow from nothing into even more nothing

Sylph of Life

you make people around you think more clearly.

Page of Time

knight of hope

Mage of Breath

Lord of Light

Seer of Void (bonersight aside)

Prince of Space

youtube.com/watch?v=5GorzIM2k04
Leaked Hiveswap footage!

Seer of Breath

SON OF A BITCH

do nothing for 99/100 levels, then get the power to make things not exist.
regeneration style healing powers
you make everyone else time travel
Kamina but actually effective
you can escape most all traps and jails
lucky things literally only happen to you (basically D4C Love Train)
Bonersight. You can see hidden passages and lock combinations.
teleport spam, telefrag, repeat.
"This may look bad now but trust me, I know how we can wriggle free", also you are the best meteorologist

can i make myself not exist

According to the long mbti test
I'm Knight of heart

>people are so uncreative they take tests to determine their classpect and ask anons to determine their powers

lmao

Creativity is for schmucks.

create something if its so easy then! huh, bitch? you cant??

>not making yours up based off characteristics and then only kind of listening to this nerd

I mean it's cool to get someone else's view and compare it to your own, plus it only takes 5 seconds to ask

Even though Hussie is a generally known asshole throughout the community, I don't see how the image you posted furthers that point.

Hussie isn't directly responsible for those dickheads whom call themselves fans for throwing buckets.

Urameshi.
nofunallowed.jpg

I see dave, john, and jade, does rose not get a theme on album 10?

HUSSIE BETRAYED ME

hit me up with that knight of hope senpai

>rose
who

>rose hate meme
get the fuck out

you're as invulnerable as you believe you are, but only after you've level grinded for like 80% of the session.

youtube.com/watch?v=UEGVGqJEeCo

This is literally /hsg/ after Act 7.

>ipgd made hussie say davekat is canon
>didn't make him say the ochinchin is fucking canon

Those are just leitmotifs for one song, you understand.

>meme

Sick, how about a seer of space, thief of time, and heir of life?

>hating best kid because LOLQUEST

meme

You can do it right now if you want, user :^)

>best kid

Mage of Space

based
>that shirt
kek

shh
let him ignore over half the comic if he wants

To be honest, do we have much to work with? They're all pretty terrible. The only one who has a smidgen of hope to be decent is John, and even then he's pretty lackluster.

In order
Walking materials encyclopedia
The flash + that one evil flash who slows other people down
Animals and plants love you also possibly wereanimal/plant forms and also possibly self regeneration

"It will take us three days to walk from here to the other side of the planet. Trust that I know the path, traveller" (knowledge of distances and velocity and stuff)

dave was pretty great up until the retcon cut off his dick
jade is jade

>jade is jade

??? she was pretty bad throughout the entire span of the story

Jade is Jade, which is absolutely nothing.

roxy

What's better?

Homestuck or Problem Sleuth?

anyone who says problem sleuth is 9 years old

>hahah the fight never ends lol

Sorry, all alpha kids were introduced to late into the comic to have any meaningful development and they are absolutely useless.

>tfw jade was a cute & spunky scientist that was literally loving every laugh
>tfw she became a sickass op villain and proceeded to do nothing but chase john and threaten a meme
>tfw post retcon jade didn't actually do anything but nap
>tfw she didn't even get to talk to dave or rose

homosuck

The one with an ending.

>late
>halfway through the comic
???

>le funny drunk gurl who doesnt spell stuf rite lmao

Yes, late as in, they were introduced right when the comic went into its decline. That half of the comic means nothing when it's all just substanceless schlock.

>urameshi
hehehe
we figured out yu yu stuck once

yusuke- heir of hope
kuwabara- knight of heart
kurama- thief of life
hiei-rogue of mind

i guess i'll just have to live with my good taste

>Dave and Jade never had a single face-to-face conversation post-retcon

Man, this is a bummer.

Problem Sleuth has tighter writing, wasn't absurdly long, was pretty funny, had a better ending, and I'd say better as a whole. But early Homestuck had higher highs.

Go fuck yourself with a rusty pipe.

ayyyy at least she had one with davepeta

even BETTER amirite

horns?

anyone who says homestuck is 8 years old

>hahah the fight never starts lol

Ah, and here we see, dear friends, the crumbling stability of your typical devoted Roxy fan-whelp. Upon being introduced to logic and reason, it begins to curl in on itself and resort to flinging insults like a monkey flings its feces. Checkmate, drone. Perhaps you have some of Angel's trite smutart to jerk your pathetic little ween to?

lol'd

Does this answer your question?

>Lol ur over reacting vriska isn't 'responsible for everything'

So was the ending of Homestuck a fuck you to this one particular guy? Did he literally piss all over his story to make this guy who probably stopped reading years ago mad?

>tfw she didn't even get to talk to dave or rose

She did talk to Dave though, she told him he was a good kisser and that she wasn't going to go to sleep anymore

-cries-
it's true.
-sobs-
it's

God fuck DP, that shit is an insult to both groups of fans
Like, I would have legit prefered that DS just stay gone and out of the story instead DP happening. At least Flying away was A Ending.

NEWS

I hope those are some Homestuck teens in the background, who if they turn their heads, they'd see their idol in the flesh.

Why has Hussie become this... thing?

Who is to blame for this?

T H E
B E T A

irony = funny

Ingrid Penelope Goddard-Dawson is to blame.

I don't.

Let them live.

>YuYuStuck

Stop, that's such an amazing thought and concept it physically hurts me knowing how there's no living author that could do it justice.

[muffled oinks in the distance]

>Jade literally never goes to sleep again
>becomes a hallucinating borderline crazy bitch