Feel the Bern!

I want to encourage all voters who are sick of being presented with the same shitty presidential choices year after year to write-in Bernie Sanders.

Here's why...

The two-party system encourages bipartisan voting by using the old standard:
"If you don't vote for our candidate, the other one will win, and you don't want that!"
It's a fear tactic that forces people to cast a ballot to someone they wouldn't otherwise vote for.

The notion is that you will have wasted your vote writing-in the name of a candidate that cannot win, but I say NAY, AMERICA!

A vote is a voice! One voice will not get that much attention, but millions in unison will be noticed even if the intended candidate can't possibly win the election.

The truth is that your vote doesn't count, anyway. Read all about it in fifth-grade civics textbooks. The electoral college, though elected to represent our intentions, votes for whomever they wish. If they vote against those who put them in office, there is NO RECOURSE.

Your vote means absolutely nothing already, but it is still your voice.

Do you want your voice to say that you're simply voting for the lesser of the two evils being offered this year, or would you prefer your voice reflect that you won't be funneled into only one of two shitty choices?

You may not agree with my choice for Bernie Sanders, but you don't have to like either of the two shitbags currently up for election.

Don't cast your ballot out of fear. Cast it with a strong voice that says we're sick and fucking tired of corruption and corporate greed, and vote YOUR choice.

It won't change the election, but it might just let the right people know that a strong part of this country has values that are not in line with the status quo, and WE WANT CHANGE, not just four more years of the same corrupt shit, or the spokesperson for corporate deregulation in a workingman's disguise.

Make no mistake, Hillary and Trump are both wrong for the progress of this civilization.

Bernie!

inb4 - Bernie isn't running, etc. Forget all you think you know about politics and remember that your vote is your voice. If you cow and vote for a puppet, you will get a puppet - or even worse, a puppet master.

I sometimes wonder if people only want to argue one or the other so badly that entertaining an idea like this isn't even comprehensible - like trying to wrap your head around the actual distance of a light year or the size of the sun.

Two defined choices to argue over are way easier to grasp and find a solid foothold on than thinking outside the box ever is.

Open your minds.

As a Bernie supporter, I say vote Jill instead. Unless he announces as an independent, a greater voter share for an third party is gonna do more for our political system than getting a minority share for Bernie.

I'm actually not opposed to entertaining the idea of another candidate that isn't Bernie.

I just don't like who the corporations and media have presented us with as our "leaders" this year, and neither of them will get my vote.

Yeah, I think that's the best path atm. Bernie did a fucking fantastic campaign and by some metrics would have won without the fraud and stuff (not according to Bernie himself, however). Frustrating, but his impact will be much larger than the presidential race. Plus Jill is really cool, if not the American hero Bernie is

>I want to encourage all voters who are sick of being presented with the same shitty presidential choices year after year to write-in Bernie Sanders.
Or you know, just vote for the person who is actually a winner.

That's a wasted vote, a wasted voice, if you don't vote for who you actually want to see in the oval office.

Trump fags are so transparent. Fuck off.

>if you don't vote for who you actually want to see in the oval office.
>implying
Fuck off to reddit bernout

I get so confused trying to contemplate why on God's good green earth you would still support that lying fuck.
>2 party system wah wah wah
Good thing Trump has been a lifelong politician yeah? Grow the fuck up. Our civilizations have been on the wrong side of progress on the better part of 50 years.

Of all the elections we've had, the first past the post two party system would work against people who support Trump's positions, but now that the media propped him up for $$$ and he's an official GOP nominee you're all rah rah vote for the winners

Bernie fucks you over and you still sit back and say "No, it wasn't him!!!!!!11"

You deserve whatever happens next. Fuck.

The word needs to be spread that non-conservatives (not necessarily leftists) should use their voice to tell America that what we're being handed is unacceptable. People need to know that their vote is their little voice among the millions that will be counted, and if enough of us say that we aren't going to let ourselves simply be governed by who the money wants in office, we will not be ignored. Win or not, a loud voice is heard.

Enough of us can make Washington realize that there is a growing number of people who think critically for themselves and recognize a farce when we see one.

Your actual vote doesn't matter at all, but enough of us screaming in unison for change WILL affect future politics.

As much as I hate to draw a direct parallel, (just because I'm tired of the whining) gay rights would not have come about without many loud voices yelling at the same time, and that's what we need now for government.

We are the people. We are supposed to control the government.

Most really don't even realize how much the media is influencing their decisions. A "winner" is who gets the most face time on TV and has more financial influence, nothing more.

Until citizens united is overturned, that will be impossible. That's gotta be the first step. The Princeton study illustrated as much.

To those saying Bernie turned his back on us, I say: he was working for us for 40 years. If at any point you claimed to have stood with him, you're the one betraying him. He did what he felt was necessary to stop the greater threat of Trump. Hr doesn't want our nation to look like Sup Forums does, and he made yet another in a long list of sacrifices for our good. I wouldn't vote for Clinton at gunpoint, but Bernie doesn't deserve the shit people give him.

Agreed. Although Sup Forums is absolutely the worst place to look, for some reason I still come here. It's an interesting perspective into the other side. While I think the "all Trump supporters are racists" is a simplification, I think the vitriol and fear are the only real separations between most Trump supporters and rational Berners.

Agreed.

Out of everyone who has spoken to the people this election year, Bernie had the most integrity all the way to the point where he endorsed Hillary simply because his party told him to.

I ask anyone brave enough (and informed enough) to answer me this - faced with the same decision, and a minority of voters showing the kind of support needed to get elected president, what would you do?
Would you have thrown away your career and left your party to run an uphill campaign?

Those who are offended by Bernie's actions have no room to talk if they didn't support him wholeheartedly to begin with, and if you did... would you have made a better decision in his place?

Agreed. Trump is running a campaign of fear.

Have heard anything about the programs Bernie's starting now? One for down ticket progressives and another for political awareness I think. Im in Oregon and there's few opportunities to volunteer here and I don't have a ton of money to donate. :/

I say volunteer!
I'm sure anyone who can tell you about volunteering for the campaign can tell you about current programs.

People remaining dormant, complacent or simply apathetic is why we don't have the voice we need to affect real, positive change for our society.

Correction - volunteering for programs, not necessarily a campaign. My bad.

help us fix america

vote for Jill Stein of the Green Party or Gary Johnson of the Libertarian Party

I've been trying to. A surprising amount are hiring but don't have anything for volunteers. I can spare something like 40$ a month for various progressive organizations and a few charities, but I'm hoping I can bump that up after I get a raise.

As disappointing as the outcome, I'm gonna miss the Democratic primaries. The general is gonna be a identity politics shitfest and it'll be a challenge to keep any real spotlight on the issues. It'll be just plain boring to watch Trump and Clinton both make wild promises with zero intent to fulfill any of it. At least there's been a huge uptick in demonstrations and protests, so it gives me hope that people won't just sit back down after the election cycle.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm just the only one crazy enough to say this shit.

Once the choice has been made for them, people want to argue tooth and nail for their "side", but nobody wants to think deeper than that.

Maybe everybody just wants to be part of an argument.

This post clearly doesn't represent the interests of someone who just wants to blindly argue for Trump or Hillary.

Spread critical thinking! Make your own decisions based upon reasonable and factual data, not a gut feeling or an overwhelming sense of patriotism.

Your brains can be used for more than mindless banter, no matter how witty. Get the information you need to think clearly and do it. No number of cool memes is gonna squelch your disappointment in the next four years in America.

Use your voice to make others as concerned as they need to be to learn and think critically.

This is our country. This is our future.

The country needs your voice more than your $40.00.

Talk to your friends and family. Get them excited enough about their role in their own lives as it pertains to the government to be voices on their own and spread the word further.

$40.00 can't do that no matter how you spend it.

You are worth more than your wallet.

I've been trying to. A surprising amount are hiring but don't have anything for volunteers. I can spare something like 40$ a month for various progressive organizations and a few charities, but I'm hoping I can bump that up after I get a raise.

As disappointing as the outcome, I'm gonna miss the Democratic primaries. The general is gonna be a identity politics shitfest and it'll be a challenge to keep any real spotlight on the issues. It'll be just plain boring to watch Trump and Clinton both make wild promises with zero intent to fulfill any of it. At least there's been a huge uptick in demonstrations and protests, so it gives me hope that people won't just sit back down after the election cycle.

Also yeah my whole family is conservative. Plenty of intense conversation there.

I hear you there. I grew up in Southern Ohio. I am the freest thinker I know from those days. They're all blind Trump supporters, still. I'm working on them, though.

The only way we'll be heard is to keep the conversation going. Don't let the topic be switched to which is the lesser of two evils.

Another direct parallel I hate to draw (because religion stifles free thought) is that Christianity started out as a different thought process. It spread through its followers. It took people who were interested enough in what they were talking about to excite that interest in others.

We need that now. We need interest and a thought process that takes us outside of the traditional "box" we're used to.

The only way we'll ever affect change is to continue the conversations and demand that they not be overshadowed by the less important "racist tweets" and "leaked emails" we're being bombarded with.

...Christianity also employed torture and murder to ignite the interest to convert.

I'm not recommending any of that,