Damn, Marvel redid the issue. Good on them, and the result isn't half bad

Damn, Marvel redid the issue. Good on them, and the result isn't half bad.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/4mgp15/edit_fixed_it_for_ya_mockingbird_3_2016/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

*Second page

>I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going
I almost believed it until then

So who did this

The issue sucked regardless.

A dirty misogynerd, I'm sure.

It was the patraich known as GamerGate.

>knowing who to kill and who to let live

That's pretty bad, it's like saying she was learning to play god

Heroes kill people, or sentient beings all the time.

Aside from the hentai thing this reads a lot better and makes me care about the character more. I mean really the only pictured hero that got his powers for being a dude was Cap, and he'sfrom yhe 40s.

>a fucking random user from Sup Forums can write vastly better dialogue than Marvel

Nice work user, by the way.

Actually a redditor did it.

reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/4mgp15/edit_fixed_it_for_ya_mockingbird_3_2016/

I can't wait for someone to tell Rich about this.

Not mine, found it on reddit. But I've little doubt half the guys in here could write something better than what was first published.

The worst thing about this is that the first two issues at least had potential for something enjoyable and then it just went full throttle retarded.

Referring to the original text, does Marvel even read Marvel anymore?

>reddit
>kotakuinaction

And it was going so well.

Why does any of that even matter? It's still much better dialogue that actually salvaged the work.

This is great. Actually has a positive message.

Dare I ask what the content of the original pages was?

It implied that those characters in the first page got their powers because they had a Y chromosome, and the second page says that being a woman superhero sucks because men dominate the field.

If I had a daughter, this is the hero I'd want her looking up to

who

i mean what did you expect

Ask and ye shall receive.

The only thing that can really stop this is SJW backlash. At a certain point they'll have to notice how fake and awful it all seems and just stop giving a shit.

It'll stop when the loosely-overlapping groups of suburban millenials we've come to know as 'SJWs' finally get bored and latch onto another medium the majority of them probably persecuted the other kids in junior school for enjoying.

It'll probably be pen-and-paper tabletop games, like Dungeons And Dragons, or Warhammer.

this is fine. the fuck are you even upset about

One of them is an android, one of them is a mixed-race fish man, one of them got his powers from super drugs, one of them is a literal God of old, and the last one is persecuted and attacked for his genetics.

There are female Marvel superheros. The entire premise of the page is asinine.

Cap literally was given powers.

>Gloria Steinem lunchbox

i guess i'm wrong to read it like a dumb kid is talking and looking for any explanation.

She's telling this as an adult. She never once says "my opinion on the matter as a kid was incorrect".

Tell 'em, girlfriend.

yeah you can tell it's incorrect because everything on that page is. Getting x-rays and farming spiders aren't how you get powers.

i'm going solely on the 1 page bc we can't keep expanding to "Gotta wait for the first 6 issues to judge"

Too late.

The most retarded thing about that page is the selection of Super Heroes.

Human Torch
>A woman got powers from the same accident as him
Namor
>He's not even human
Captain America
>A Soilder from the 40's
Thor
>Not a human either
Biclops
>Mutants probably make up the majority of super powered females.

Stamp collecting is next.

Heh, I'm used now by all the bullshit comic book writers come with these last years

But that Cyclops visor does trigger me

>tfw

>Human Torch
>>A woman got powers from the same accident as him
To be fair I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be the other human torch.
Who wasn't even human, so your point still stands.

Well that left a bad taste in my mouth.

Seriously what have we actually done to have them just come after us like that.

Tbh you're not far from the truth. It was someone from the gamergate reddit

his one defining feature have been his glasses for years, how can you get them wrong? Hell that isn't even his most iconic costume.

I'm pretty sure the entire issue was IRL shitposting.

Do people honestly believe that GamerGate was about hating women?

It's the narrative that was being sold.

That's his visor not his Ruby Quartz glasses when he's wearing a casual outfit.
It has always been a straight Line (until his latest X's shaped one) hence his hero name ; Cyclops

What was originally about getting gender politics out of vidya got interpreted by various gaming news channels as an anti-feminism movement. It snowballed from there when major television news outlets picked it up.

When every major outlet is peddling the same purposely misinterpreted story, and Wikipedia defines that story as fact, it isn't surprising that people would think the movement was about sexism.

>Pembroke Welsh Corgis
>I'm ok-You're ok
Are these edits too? They're fucking hilarious

How can you not desu? Go on KotakuInAction right the fuck now, nothing about video games, everything about SJWs (most of which are female) and then look at the comments, which are just a bunch of hateful bullshit.

No,those were there in the original

So do you have an examples of hateful comments? Because I'm looking right now and I'm not seeing much

>Actually defending gamergobber

Back to /r/mensrights with you.

>look at the comments, which are just a bunch of hateful bullshit.
>Treat people respectfully but if they refuse to back their arguments with statistics or any verifiable form of data then they aren't worth taking seriously

What are you even saying

Disagreeing with SJW is being a hateful misogynistic bigot.
Is it that hard to understand?

I don't have a dog in this fight, because this is the first I've seen of this, but the Redditor's version is a million times better.

The original focuses on what you can be given, what can be done passively.

The ethic of hard work is a far better lesson. There are a lot of people I've met who were praised for their intelligence, but when things evened out with their peers, they didn't know how to study or work hard--they just wondered why they suddenly felt stupid.

I've been working my butt off to be intelligent and productive since I was 5, when some idiot adult told me I should be more mature like my sister, who was 8 at the time. Like, no duh, of course I'm not going to be as mature as my sister.

But I decided to try for it anyway. She has always been praised for her natural intelligence--even got a 29 on the ACT on her first try. I took the ACT three times in order to outdo her. I now have a Master's degree, and my sister does almost nothing with herself because she has no motivation to do so.

I'm not saying I'm a good role model--I'm saying that perseverance, motivation, and effort go a lot further than what you're born with.

I've always hated Sleeping Beauty, because all she does is lie there and wait to be saved. She had one job: to not get her finger stabbed. And she couldn't even do that. Her merit is based on her beauty, not anything she DOES. This new version of that comic encourages a good work ethic, not waiting for someone to give her what she wants.

The original also goes out of its way to be "ewwwwww, 'girly' things." There is room for both in life--I promise.

Man even the original shows she was wrong and worked to become a hero. how sensitive can you be

Hey, I never put desu in that post!

Usually there is. I remember once there was a trans person posting saying that they love Gamergate and all of the comments were harrassing them and it was actually kind of funny because then they renounced their gamergate love.

The original has her blaming sexism for her not just becoming a super hero and ends on the message that sexism is still holding women back from it.

>I remember once there was a trans person posting saying that they love Gamergate and all of the comments were harrassing them and it was actually kind of funny because then they renounced their gamergate love.
There's a bunch of openly trans people who post there and I've never seen tanyone give them shit for it. You're gonna have to prove that.

Confirmed for new!

>Hell that isn't even his most iconic costume.
Why, he didn't even have that costume until after Mockingbird was an Avenger.

look i can't teach you reading comprehension

Literally the very end note of that two page section was sexism.

Maybe you should learn how to read before telling other people what things say.

so you're telling me she's wrong that females heroes have to put up with more shit?

What shit would that be?

Getting killed by bad guys?

>Be movement media doesn't like
>Media spins movement to be about hating women
>Women haters hear about your movement and join in
>Actual people interested in the movement are repelled by insane neckbears and start leaving
>Movement is now about hating women

It never really got taken over by actual mysoginists, though.

The only place that came close to being a congregation of gamergate shit was KiA and they will come down on you for that shit.

like what am i even supposed to do with this

>as soon as Italy wins the Eurovision
S A V A G E

Give me the second unedited page you hacks

I thought this was Peridot decapitating herself.

I have other outtakes if you want.

I want the second page. Give context.

Because bleeding out your vagina is fucking disgusting. So is shiting, pissing, pussing, vomiting ext. The human body is fucking disgusting.

>be Sup Forums
>hate reddit
>see reddit ruining something by being faggots
>decide to claim to be transgender
>then use a bunch of sockpuppet accounts to shit on yourself for being transgender and downvote your transgender sockpuppet
>SJWs and retards like you hold it up as evidence that reddit is sexist
>Sup Forums continues to be the Board of Peace and keks at the results

>I actually thought this was real and not a fan edit
God dammit, I actually had faith in Marvel for a second.

Seriously, the actual page is one of the most insulting things I've ever fucking seen.
>Female superheroes are worthless
>Storm, Jean Grey, She-Hulk, Sue Storm, Jessica Drew, Maria Hill, Black Widow; all terrible
>Because they're women
>I tried to take a bunch of short-cuts to be a superhero, rather than trying to better myself through hard work
>I failed, and this is because of men
>Men are inherently better than women, and that's why they have superpowers
>Human Torch (accident)? Privilege
>Namor (Atlantean physiology)? Privilege
>Captain America (science serum)? Privilege
>Thor (is a literal god)? Privilege
>Cyclops (is a mutant and is thus part of a marginalized group)? Privilege
>But me, an affluent well-educated white woman super-spy living in my underwater house and enjoying my childhood dream of being a superhero (without the horrible side-effects of stigmas that people like Hulk or the X-Men have to deal with)?
>I'm at the bottom of society, please weep for me

Like holy fuck, I don't really believe in getting offended by things, but this is just morally wrong from just about every viewpoint aside from "fucking lunatic with a victim complex".
I've never read a Mockingbird comic, I just know of her from EMH, but these two pages just turn her into an unlikable hunk of shit.

There is no context, it is what you think it is.

Was this written by a man?
Are nu-males so far removed from actual relationships with women that they think all they do is talk about tampons?
Or is it some trans-'woman' who is just always lamenting that they will never have a period?
Because if these are a sarcastic joke its really far and too the left.
Is this whole comic just an elaborate lampooning of SJW outlook? Because no one is getting the joke, or at least laughing.

>I tried to take the easy way rather than work hard like Daredevil, War Machine, or Hawkeye, but my unfulfilled dreams are the patriarchy's fault
>The wage gap is totally real you guys
>Female superheroes are not notable and are inferior to male superheroes
>Black Widow? Storm? Jean Grey? She-Hulk? Invisible Woman? Squirrel Girl? Total jobbers who have never done anything of note, because they're women
>If you want to be successful, you have to have a penis
>I'm obviously wealthy, able-bodied, well-educated, and living my childhood dream, but I'm still on the bottom rung of society because muh privilege

Pick one.

Written by Chelsea Cain, who as far as I can tell was born a woman

so nice rant about nothing

Aren't the big plot points of Cap and Thor all about being WORTHY?

>The original also goes out of its way to be "ewwwwww, 'girly' things."
This is something I hate in modern books, especially ones aimed at a young female audience.

Why do we have to shame girls for wanting to play with dolls or get married? Isn't feminism supposed to be about everybody being equal and free to live how they want, whether or not it aligns with societal roles?

Well, they were. Now they're about male Privilege.

From posts and talk itt, people are deliberately misreading it to be mad and no amount of discussion will change anyone's mind. so i'm going to go read a comic i enjoy and not waste my time.

Then what is about this woman and tampons?
The closest I've even gotten to this much of a tampon focus is I had a GF that wanted us to keep a set of spare pads in the glove compartment, and that was just a one off conversation.
I can't even!

they're just annoyed about tampons being taxed as a luxury good but no one will talk about it

I was going to ask "how can you deliberately misread a book when it says "the notable superheroes are only notable because they're men" right there on the page", but then I noticed the Hillary reaction image and realize this is just elaborate bait.

tampons, amiright?

What a slight, good thing we have feminism to stand up against such pressing issues

I mean just because they're not starving in the streets doesn't mean it's not bullshit

Is that the whole joke?
That's really forced and dumb. Like isn't a blog or podcast a better place to get the word out then just confusing people with random one offs in comics?
also
>Implying politicians are 'afraid' to talk about tampons and aren't using feminist rage as a smoke screen for shady shit.

I don't know if that's the joke, but it's what came to mind most immediately

And I mean politicians legit are afraid to talk about tampons because they legitimately don't know how periods work and don't want to look like idiots

>elaborate

It's blatant bait.

Do people pay taxes on toilet-paper?