Is this the most iconic movie theme song of the 21st century?

Is this the most iconic movie theme song of the 21st century?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Htaj3o3JD8I

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dXpffMXUcAg
youtu.be/Gw_o7XUX3fg
youtube.com/watch?v=_pGaz_qN0cw
youtube.com/watch?v=Wp1kzZ-eDTw
youtube.com/watch?v=xslyQmbqX0E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes, its pure kino

no that'd be something from LoTR

"Kino" would have been if every title sequence got progressively darker and more stormy, until Deathly Hallows 2 was as stormy as Philosopher's Stone.

>inb4 pasta
Feels good

LoTR has great music but i don't think one song from the trilogy is as iconic as the harry potter theme music.

>American kids are too stupid to know what the Philosopher's Stone is

I'm still insulted to this day

NAH this is

youtu.be/dXpffMXUcAg

youtu.be/Gw_o7XUX3fg

Add Divergent to God-Tier and you're right on the money.

Man, the Prisoner of Azkaban was so /comfy/

Xmen 2

I hate how grimderp and awful the books/movies got after the first few. They basically ushered in the wave of YA shit we got in the 00s

i have never heard the harry potter theme outside of the films or even talked about

hp fans are the fucking worst

Didnt mean to reply to you mb

You forgot to add Romeo & Juliet in emojis to the God-Tier list.

Oops, wrong Hamlet translation.

Fuck that electric cello

Out of all of the trilogies, guadrilogies, tv series, etc etc LOTR, Star Wars, Batman, Breaking Bad, Matrix, Spongebob whatever

Out of all video media - I have rewatched and thoroughly enjoyed Harry Potter the most. I have probably legitimately watch the entire series front to back 30+ times.

It's just so fucking comfy omg.

I attribute the comfyness to most of us being kids or teenagers when the series got popular and movies started getting made.

what kid didn't want to get a letter in the mail saying that they are a wizard or witch and to go live in a giant castle doing magic for 7 years?

star wars, LotR, batman, spongebob, etc all are too adult in terms of characters or are too cartoonish to be believable

I can't stand the first one.

God bless him

I'm having trouble thinking of newer movies that have really memorable theme music akin to Star Wars, Jaws, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Indiana Jones, Rocky, Jurassic Park, etc.

I can go on, but aside from Harry Potter I can't think of anything from the last like 10-20 years that stands out.

What am I missing?

Is the most iconic movie theme song of the 21st century in one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? No Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Der Ring das niebhuling series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>Concerning Hobbits
>not Iconic
youtube.com/watch?v=_pGaz_qN0cw

I agree, iconic and simply epic piece of music. However, this orchestral live recording is the superior version of it: youtube.com/watch?v=Wp1kzZ-eDTw

youtube.com/watch?v=xslyQmbqX0E

Yes

yeah, they are.

the only reason I've ever seen the films in the first place is because ABC Family plays them every single day, and the films are just good enough to leave on as background noise, but not good enough to actually pay attention to.

I don't even like these theme songs, but Breaking Bad and Game of the Thrones has had their theme songs parodied a lot more than Harry Potter has.

those are TV series. This thread is about theme music for feature length films.