Was this the first, good Western Martial Arts movie, starring a westerner?

Was this the first, good Western Martial Arts movie, starring a westerner?

Before this, the standard was had Roadhouse with Patrick Swayze and his gay ballerina kicks.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7OqZOnFKvGA
youtube.com/watch?v=x0pnfzVESWw
youtube.com/watch?v=jP69wn8xtS4
youtu.be/dQ4XHW5Q4gU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's Ironic that the movie is also about a Westerner being a better martial artist than a Chinese dude.

im pretty sure the original karate kid was released before this one.

Define good.

I FIGHT TO SURVIVE

Karate Kino is GOAT

JCVD is the real deal bro.

Exactly, the martial arts in karate kid was a fucking joke. beyond joke.

Implying that JCVD couldnt destroy the top 3 Chinese marital artists at the same time. He would KUMITE the SHIT out of those fools.

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

It's a classic film but let's not go overboard here. The soundtrack is fucking terrible and the acting and dialogue are crap. The martial arts are video-game tier. Part of what makes it so great is that it isn't great, it's cheesy and fun.

That scene where Mister Miyagi takes out those punks was pretty good.

Lmao truth, but I love that movie tbQh

>Was this the first, good Western Martial Arts movie, starring a westerner?
Nah, that was Kickboxer. Jean-Claude's better martial arts film.

Billy Jack.

No, this is.

Starring a westerner, otherwise Enter The Dragon and The Street Fighter are the OGs.

most embarrassing awful shit ever made

but Bruce Lee is the star of that one, baby

Theoretically, Bruce Lee was a Westerner, born in San Francisco.

AHEM

You know darn well what he means and he means white people

This movie was boring. Kickboxer was cheesy, but fun. Lionheart tops them borh though.

>He hasn't seen Death Promise

youtube.com/watch?v=7OqZOnFKvGA

Not mentioning Chuck Norris. I thought this was the Internets.
>forced vengeance
>lone wolf mcquade
>silent rage
All kino

Would Rocky be considered a martial arts movie, or would people make the distinction betwen martial and martial sports movie here?

HolUP! What about Cannon movies like American Ninja and shit like that? that was before bloodsport no?

boxing isnt a martial art per say...

Actually Last Dragon predated Bloodsport by 3 years.

White people always taking credit for Black inventions

I consider boxingkino different than KinoFu

>gay ballerina kicks
>Jean Claude was literally a ballerina before acting

KEK that poster
oh man I miss the 80's

Chucks movies weren't martial arts movies. Just him beating people up and shooting guns.

you wouldn't say that to my face

He was actually a decent fighter. But he didn't want to mess his face up so he stopped with a 18-1 record.

youtube.com/watch?v=x0pnfzVESWw

loved the movie, but Ralph Macchio was the most uncoordinated looking kid I have ever seen.

its the "karate kid" not the "karate master"

Do you think they banged IRL?

It would have been nice if they didnt cast someone who looked like a 12yr old girl when they fought. Even with all the "training"

I know right? Ralph Macchio was actually 22 irl when filming that too

Even if you say boxing counts for "martial arts film" purposes, the movie doesn't have nearly enough fighting to justify the label. It's not really that much about boxing, either.

A wild challenger appears.

How deep into rabbit hole are you willing to go?

Pretty good.

Okay. A movie about martial arts. A literal good one. Starring an American. That would be David Carradine in the pilot episode of Kung Fu (inb4 pilots don't count as movies faggot) It was a good movie by itself and was about a Westerner that didn't need a TV show.

how is tv film, though. Was the pilot a stand-alone and then they decided to make it a show?

>Was the pilot a stand-alone and then they decided to make it a show?

Pilots episodes often had limited cinematic releases as well back in the 70's. Often pilots had pretty high budgets and following episodes had much worse production values, especially if show was effects heavy.

She would've been dumb not to.

Ohh cool. Thx, user

This sort of makes me think how many of these B-movies on TV I watched before discovering Asian martial arts movies through the net.

yes

threeinchesofbloodsport.ytmnd.com

It is fucking shame that Remo Williams didn't get sequels. Pulp books are fucking great.

youtube.com/watch?v=jP69wn8xtS4

This was a good old racist 80's movie

>The soundtrack is fucking terrible

Your goddamn bullshit opinion is fucking terrible.

youtu.be/dQ4XHW5Q4gU

Fight to Survive is on my playlist.

Hacksaw Jim Duggan's brother and based Jean Claude were pretty damn good in it, as well as the guy that played Chong Li.

So Frank Dux was a ninjitsu master irl huh?

>fastest knockout in Kumite history (3.2 seconds)

lol

Agreed.

Bruce Lee was born in the US. He was an American citizen, and of his 5 movies, this one was Hollywood, not Hong Kong.

the song in this one is GOAT
Essential training montage core

This movie was on WGN or TBS at least one time a week for the entire 1990s decade