youtube.com/watch?v=Nco_kh8xJDs
youtube.com/watch?v=qM0zINtulhM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>OWW HE AINT GONNA DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAYEAAAAHHHHHHH
*shoots heroin*
>NONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*shits in a bag*

*dies*

He was dead for two weeks before someone found him.

AIN'T FOUND A WAY TO KILL ME YET

manlet musicians are the best

CASUALTY OF SOCIETY

FEEEEEEEED MY EEEEEYEEES

AND YET I FIGHT AND YET I FIGHT AND YET I FIGHT

what a great voice he had.

His body was basically decaying while he was still alive. Dude only weighed 86 pounds the last time anyone saw him alive.

Moral of the story: Don't do drugs, kids. And if you HAVE to do drugs, be smart about it like Keith Richards.

Layne "can't find a vein" Staley

DENY YOUR MAKER

youtube.com/watch?v=uWYnSEZKcVw

Layne was 6'1"

INTO THE FLOOD AGAIN

Was alice in chains better than nirvana?

Yes

AiC>Soundgarden>Nirvana>Pearl Jam

I never liked nirvana but in utero is good.

yes

Alice in Chains > Nirvana> Soundgarden > shit Pearl Jam

>Dude only weighed 86 pounds the last time anyone saw him alive.
that was his corpse when they found him dumbass

i don't think i've ever agreed with a listing before this. that's dead nuts on m8. much love user

Ok, you don't have to believe the truth if you don't want to.

I'D LIKE TO FLYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

AiC > Meat Puppets > Nirvana > STP > Soundgarden > Pearl Jam

Can we all agree that lane had the best voice out of alll 90s bands?

AIC>Nirvana>STP>Soundgarden>>>>>other shit

AiC>soundgarden>melvins>nirvana>power gap>stp=Pearl jam

SITTING ON THE ANGRY CHAIR

Saw Alice in chains with the new black lead singer. It sounds exactly like layne if not better. It was one of the best shows I've been to in terms of the whole band hitting every note. They were perfect.

>x>y>z
no one gives a shit about your personal rankings

I saw Alice In Chains a few years ago. They sound pretty good with the new singer though Rooster doesn't have the umph to it without him

John Garcia of Kyuss had the best voice but he lacked the skill to do the harmonies and such that make Alice in Chains' music so unique.

Layne had the best combination of raw talent and skill between the big 4 Seattle grunge bands, though.

>y>z>>>>>>>>>x

Thats the correct ordering

Cornell had a better voice

I read that he had left a heater on in his apartment so his corpse liquefied on the couch and when they found him he was just a puddle of Layne goo with some hair and teeth

>not y=z>>>>>>>>>>x
lol fuckin pleb

Jar of Flies > Facelift > Unplugged > 3

Right Turn. Never misunderstood lyrics so wrong before. Cornell steals the show.

And only one of them have a living singer

Who is the old man from the video?

LANDMINE

he didn't even come close the range of staley

Cornel could do faster paced songs where he hits high notes better. But Layne was the king of the slow riff Sabbath style.

Cantrell's dad

Why are Sup Forumsmusic threads so comfy?

Layne had the beest voice of the 90s.

it's his dad, did you even watch it"

Soundgarden > AIC > Pearl Jam > Meat Puppets > Davey Grohl and the Nevada's

This guy was from Seattle too. There must be some sort of curse.

>forgetting Dirt

AND YET I FIND , YET I FIND REPEATING IN MY HEAD IF I CANT BE ALONE ID DO BETTER DEYED

OOOOOHHHHHHHHH OHHH

Seattle oldfag here. I saw them all live in their primes. This is coming from someone who didn't really like Pearl Jame from the music I heard. Pearl Jam blew me away when I saw them live. Regardless of how you feel about their music, they sounded better and had way more charisma on stage than any of the other Seattle bands. AiC didn't have the same amount of high energy as Pearl Jam, but they sounded fucking great live.

Just my opinion, obviously, but from what I saw live from the big Seattle four:

>Pearl Jam>Aic>Soundgarden>Nirvana

As far as singing goes, Layne had a more consistently powerful voice, and was always able to perform live. Chris Cornell, on the other hand, not so much. In Cornell's defense, though, a lot of those notes are impossible to hit for most singers.

I think this is the number one disc in every depressed guy

youtube.com/watch?v=Nco_kh8xJDs

HELLO ME
MEET THE REAL ME

And yet the worst one lasted the longest.

Nutshell is one of the best songs ever performed

No love for Would?

W A T C H

W H E R E

Y O U

S P I T

Layne liked big screen tvs and vidya

>Randy Biro, a musician who contributed vocals to the 1994 AIC EP Jar of Flies, went to the party, along with his former roommate Kevin Shuss, who has worked with Alice in Chains and Pearl Jam over the years.
>“Hey, Layne wants to see you,” Shuss told Biro at the party.
>“Great, where is he?”
>“He’s right behind you.”
>Biro turned around. “I’m looking past this really skinny, fucked-up looking guy trying to see where Layne is, and it was Layne. I felt really awkward.”
>“He had a baseball cap on, he had glasses down to the end of his nose, and not very many teeth. It shocked me at first. It looked like death. It was gross.” Jim Elmer doesn’t know exactly when Layne’s tooth loss started, but thinks it was around 1995 or 1996 and said it was a gradual process.
>Layne invited Biro to check out his condo, which was around the corner from the bar. He described Layne as being very proud about his home. Layne had a massive rear-projection TV. “The fucking thing was huge. I’d never seen a TV that big. He had gotten it through the label some way, and all he did was sit there and get high and play video games all day.”
>Biro, who was clean, asked, “Wow, have you got anything?”—referring to drugs.
>“Yeah, but I’m not gonna give it to you.”
>“Why not?”
>“Because you’re clean. I’m not gonna be part of this. If you need to go do that, you do it somewhere else. I don’t want to be part of it. I don’t want you to end up like me again.” That was the last time Biro saw him.

youtube.com/watch?v=qM0zINtulhM

Would is the best song on Dirt.

I WANT YOU TO SCRAPE ME FROM THE WALLS

>TFW you were a kid when '90s grunge music was just getting huge airplay and now the oldies rock station plays Nirvana and Pearl Jam

>And yet I fight
>This battle all alone
>No one to cry to
>No place to call home

=(

Alive has now become prophetic.

Everybody knew Cobain would be the first to check out, but I never thought Vedder would be the Highlander.

we in this site are pretty blessed for what we have, what we are is another story, but we can do good

Nutshell is the only song that reliably brings tears to my eyes and chills up my spine. :_;

>INTO THE FLOOD AGAIN

Cobain, Staley, and Weiland were all pretty easy to see coming. But fuck man Cornell seemed like he had his shit together.

he was a pill popper and a drunk for years

>new

Duvall's been with Alice for over a decade now.

>all these people hating on Pearl Jam
SPIN THE BLACK SPIN THE BLACK SPIN THE BLACK SPIN THE BLACK

Yeah, Cornell was out of nowhere.

He always seemed above all the shit.

I honestly thought Staley was dead months before they announced his death.

Mother Love Bone > All

can rec an album pls?
only know stardog champion

So is about three-quarters of the entertainment industry.

I wouldn't have been as surprised if it was an OD, but hanging is hardcore.

Last known pic of Stayley.

wrong

Dude they have like one album

There's only one

he was on Ativan maybe those were some of the murder suicide pills Alex Jones was talking about

>tfw not from Seattle

oh, thanks

Any Northwestern America kino?

Apple was their one and only album. Wood croaked before it even released.

Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns is their best song. I also really liked Bone China.

They definitely would have been up there with Soundgarden and AiC had Wood lived. I don't know if they would've surpassed Pearl Jam, though. Wood had a very glam rock aesthetic and glam rock was out by the time grunge hit it big.

>TFW no new rock music fads anymore

Is there eve rock anymore?

It's all faggy emo shit or hip hop now.

Drugstore Cowboy
Singles (but only for the soundtrack)

Twin Peaks
First Blood

Best EP of all time?

>I THINK IT'S GONNA RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN
>WHEN I DIEEEEEEE

Yes.

Twilight

Oh and My Own Private Idaho

AiC=STP>Soundgarden>>Nirvana>straight up dogshit>Pearl Jam

We've seen great movies come from musicians tragic deaths. The Doors, Selena, La Bamba, now the closest we get is Tupac, Biggie, and NWA.

Will Music Kino make its return with movies about musical tragedies? Moreso of 80-90s?

All the 90's nostalgia coming back.. Jesus I feel old.

Still waiting on that Freddie Mercury kinopic desu.

That really depends on where you are coming from.

If you loved The Pixies and Sonic Youth, you'll probably think Nirvana was better.

If you loved Iron Maiden and Ozzy, you'll go more for Alice in Chains.

Honestly, I liked them both about the same but they have completely different vibes.

Soundgarden > Nirvana > Pearl Jam > AIC > Meat Puppets

contrarians gtfo