Autobshns don't have speed limits

>Autobshns don't have speed limits
How many car crashes are there in German highways?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HnKIi4u-h-o
youtube.com/watch?v=wps_wPs8ZbE
youtube.com/watch?v=qa3fT9u48wI
youtube.com/watch?v=Ccr1hoTXWHc
youtube.com/watch?v=1G1p3B5cDgY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

*autobahns

they have different driving etiquette that is developed because of the autobahn

yeah like they actually use the passing lane for passing

youtube.com/watch?v=HnKIi4u-h-o

The slower car actually move out of the way if it sees a faster driver coming up

americans don't stay on the right lane when not overtaking?
overtaking on the right lane is illegel

>pic: People killed in traffic accidents per one Million citizens

We're doing pretty well because the propability of dieing in a crash at 150 km/h isn't much lower than at 250 km/h.
Still, the Green party wants to introduce speed limits everywhere, that's why non-limited parts are becoming more seldom recently.

>Belgium

Also how is Spain so safe? They drive like retards.

they all have oversized pickups and suvs so crashes aren't as dangerous

they don't**

>How many car crashes are there in German highways?
Little because unlike ameriturds European folk (save for Italians) know what lane discipline is.

Those are just the fatalities. In urban areas the where people mostly aren't killed the statistic looks different.

Who could have thought that with mutual understanding of the volatility of such a privelege of no speed limit that the germans who relish it would do everything to preserve it through actually driving sensibly and have proper useage of the lanes so that a clear system of courtesy is developed and accidents are counteracted...
Really makes me think alot

Americans do whatever they want

dog bless

I don't think that many, since Germoney is progressive, developed, civilized multicultural country.

Isn't it also that getting your license is kind of costly/difficult in Germany? In America you basically do a few easy ass tests and at 16 you can drive on your own. Even most poor people will be driving before 18, usually with subpar cars that have less than great brakes, etc.

There are so many dangerous teen and elderly drivers in the US that if we didn't have speed limits we'd see the accident rate skyrocket.

they have some markings on the road that tells you how much distance you need to make between the car in front of you.
also driving lessons is a lot harsher than in the us

Driving in America was one of the worst experiences in my life. I would sooner drive in Italy
In the US, the left lane is the "faster than other traffic" lane. They won't pass, they'll set their speed a little bit faster than the lane to their right and just cruise

people either use the left lane as a normal lane if they're extra retarded, or as a "fast" lane where they speed
passing on the right is normal

>I would sooner drive in Italy
That's harsh.

Americans pose to be an automobile heaven but they drive worse than europoors lmao

I love driving but it's really frustrating here. People will purposefully refuse to use their turn signal because they think that people will cut them off if they see them trying to move over.

>Isn't it also that getting your license is kind of costly/difficult in Germany?

It's fucking expensive, it costs at least 500€ at least where I live but most people spend way more than that. The guys testing you can also let you fail for dumb reasons like "having the feeling you're an insecure driver" even if you didn't make a mistake.
Seemed to happen a lot when I got my license.

I saw 1 crash in the 6 years I was there, and it was not on the autobahn.
The autobahn is designed right and well taken care of, also Germans take driving seriously.
Only some areas are free of speed limit now.

Everything below 200km/h is very safe, people here know how to drive. Sometimes you see bikers going 250+, they make up the majority of deaths.

kek.

a friend went to east germany a few months ago and he told me that every one drive fast. even inside the city.

Nah cities have speed limits, usually 50km/h. If you go more than 20km/h over that you lose your license for a month

youtube.com/watch?v=wps_wPs8ZbE
youtube.com/watch?v=qa3fT9u48wI (applel retard filming vertically ofc)
youtube.com/watch?v=Ccr1hoTXWHc
youtube.com/watch?v=1G1p3B5cDgY

aah ok. here nobody respect the speed limits in the cities, so we have huge speed bumps every where. it's fucking abnoxious

There has been a lot of advertising from the government in order to raise awareness about accidents in the past years. Also lots of police patrols and radars in order to keep the roads safe (and give lots of tickets for speeding to get monnies).

>youtube.com/watch?v=1G1p3B5cDgY

I watched this one, people kept getting in the way!!!
I don't understand German, but sure he was saying get the fuck out of the way.

Exactly so I'm guessing the average age of a new driver is much higher and probably more responsible.

In the US I'm using the same roadspace with that 20 year old single mom who just popped our her second kid last month and is distracted driving, all with a car with a broken taillight. The 16 year old who is texting or fucking with his phone and has shitty breaks. The old ass dude who shouldn't be driving but has to go to doctors shit, etc who can't perceive speed anymore so he's going 20 below the limit on the highway, etc.

>The 16 year old
I was an absolute retard driver at 16, I'm lucky to still have a license.
My dad worked for GM and always had fast cars, lucky to still be alive too.

We have a system were young drivers can begin to take lessons for the license at 16 and if they manage to not fail the driving test they can drive accompanied by their parents.
We do have those retards too, but it's probably not as bad.

Not even with their parents, I got a permit at 16 because I had to drive to work. In retrospect people under 18 shouldn't be allowed to drive, I was probably a real nuisance to other people

our roads can't handle the traffic like, at all

>having a car
>knowing how to drive

Sup Forums is dead.

>refuse to use their turn signal because they think that people will cut them off if they see them trying to move over

They will though. I actually don't even turn my turning signal on until I'm halfway into the lane I'm merging into.

>They drive like retards
What? We sure don't drive that good but we are not italians or greeks mate

You're an idiot then.

I'm not just gonna let stupid mexican #342423 jump in front of me before I change lanes so I can be stuck behind him going slowly. Because if that happens, then I'm gonna end up making and extra five maneuvers to get in front again. In the end, it's safer to just jump in front of people when you can.

Bet you drive like an old woman.

Because of idiots like you I never know when some moron cruising next to me is going to suddenly swing into my lane, causing an accident. You're making the road less safe for everyone else because of this absurd idea that you have to be "first". If you're not in the passing lane, you have no right to complain about people moving slower than you.

are other countries even trying?

To be fair, I'm exaggerating a bit, I usually always put my blinkers on, I just don't put them on until later if there's someone tailing right behind be who looks like they're gonna try to pass me up if I do put them on. Most people will deliberately try to slow me down if they do get in front of me.

I can see that making more sense then.

Here you start to get fines from +20 km/h

That's true but in my experience people in Poland, Spain, Czechia, France drive like retards.
Italy and Greece is not even driving-tier, they just do whatever they want.

a lot, but in 95% of the cases it's due to alcohol, old senile farts or truck drivers who fell asleep

Cars always sit in the left lane and it pisses me off. Only then do I pass them on the right.

clearly not

We can't have shit line that because our safety priorities are screwed up. Everyone seems to think that sitting at 160 km/h on an empty highway will guarantee certain death while they sit in the passing lane at 90 km/h and create a log jam scenario while eating, texting, and neglecting vehicle maintenance.

Think about it; we used to have a 90 km/h national speed limit, and people from that era still believe the "speed kills" propaganda despite hypocritically breaking it when it's convenient. The speed limits set on open highways here are still a fucking joke. Due to my love of muscle cars and landyachts, I'm stuck with this shit forever