/éire/

Leinster rugby edition.

first for fudge bar commemoration

nice edition
thats a good edition
glad someone other than me made a thread for once
t. collegelad / NEETlad / orangejuicepersonthatisn'tluxladorprinz

Pretty cold out today compared to yesterday.

These days after Christmas are completely useless. Should just get rid of them and fast forward to the new year.

Not my favourite bar, but I like them nonetheless.

Nothing wrong with having a break between the two.

The next few days are the best part of christmas. They're the part where the family mandated activities decrease and alone time with presents increases.

Great pic

>next few days are the best part of christmas
Good post! And there is still plenty of nice food and sweets around.

All my presents are shit and I'm just bored.

What are the plans for new year?
Anyone going out?
>alone time with presents
>masturbating in socks
Mam made a whole turkey today

/EU/ thread:

If you got cash or gift cards then it's the time to spend them and get nice things.

feck off sun flag man

>What are the plans for new year?
None. I've never really seen the appeal to celebrating the new year, it's just another day towards the end of the christmas period to me.

>Anyone going out?
I don't think so, I've been out before and it's awful. Everywhere is crowded, prices are hiked up and nobody seems to have much fun. The only thing special about the nights were the few seconds for a countdown.
I'm actually dreading my sister might ask to go out for a drink tonight because it's probably crowded and uncomfortable on Stephens Day as well.

>Anyone going out?

hope you've had a nice day my wonderful luxlad
I've no plans for new year, shall be staying in and watching the fireworks

>€20 top-up supposedly gives all you can eat data
>use phone data internet for 2 minutes
>suddenly down €2
I knew paying for credit was a mistake, will be sticking to webtexts for a few more years it seems

>hope you've had a nice day my wonderful luxlad
How kind of you,hope you had a nice day yourself
>staying in
On your own or with family?
I'll taje tgis as a no
So Christmas is your highlight of the year?

>owning a phone

>What are the plans for new year?
Same as the last year: none whatsoever.
>Anyone going out?
I'll let you guess.

Excuse my grammar

probably the wine being kind moreso than me, I've had a pretty good day with extended family
I'll be with my dad, but probably staying in my room

t. overcompensating phone poster

>So Christmas is your highlight of the year?
I suppose so, it's a holiday I look forward to and like buying gifts and putting up decorations and such. I treat most other holidays like an ordinary day.
Do you have anything special planned for New Years Eve?

>Do you have anything special planned for New Years Eve?
I'll go to town where I'll be going to some clubs and parties
>I treat most other holidays like an ordinary day
Even St Patrick's day?
>I've had a pretty good day with extended family
Sounds great and very comfy
>probably the wine being kind moreso than me,
You aren't a lightweight are you?
>I'll let you guess.
Shall take this as a no too

>lightweight
nah man, it was a shitload of wine

>Even St Patrick's day?
I don't like the way most people treat our national holiday like a giant piss up so I'm not really down with that. I go to the parade sometimes but otherwise I don't do anything different.

>seacht

>suddenly down €2
I have a LTE router with a Three SIM in it, and I topped it up by €20 at the weekend. Don't think it lost any of the twenty, and it would obviously be trying to connect to the internet constantly.
Who knows desu, it's Three.

>Keep seeing shitty ads for GTA V on TV
Do people actually still play that game?
Did any of you play it?

>Do people actually still play that game
I would imagine so as they keep bringing out new content. I'd say it is fairly high up the Steam rankings, and YouTubers still seem to play it a lot.
>Did any of you play it
Yes, though not very much. Only played a few hours of the SP with a few tens of hours in MP.
Joined a Discord server a few months back where you can just join their game and get free money. The grinding in it seems ridiculous.
Did you or anyone else play the SP? Was it good?

I completed the single player, not into the multiplayer.

>Yes, though not very much.
So did I,played it with some friends on Steam but the community is fairly toxic and consists mainly of 12-14 year old pubescent boys who get bullied in school so they relieve their anger in MP,so it didn't appeal much to me
The story was fairly o.k but I don't like the vulgar kind of humour the game is going for

>Inb4 GTA III FOREVER

>GTA III
Never heard of it.

I don't have a phone. I don't need one :(

Lux, how do you post images if you phone post all the time? Do you keep the anime images on your phone?
And Froggy, when you post from work do you keep all your images on your work laptop?

>not perfectly recreating each image you have in MS Paint whenever you post from a different computer

>Never heard of it.
We used to have a GTA III shill somewhere here
>Lux, how do you post images if you phone post all the time? Do you keep the anime images on your phone?
Indeed I do have some folders on my mobile but similar to other posters I have a picture rotation
You don't?

>And Froggy, when you post from work do you keep all your images on your work laptop?
Yes. Although it's not technically a work laptop since my employer only subsidised the purchase.

Should i get a PS4?
I have not played any video games for what could be 3 years now. I don't know if i am just wasting my time and money if i do get a PS4 but some good games are coming out (some good ones already too).
Am i safer just staying away or should i buy one?

Also, considering the rest of the current gen, would it be worth it? How long will they have until the next gen?

>How long will they have until the next gen?
Forever at this rate, since both Sony and MS seem intent on incrementally improving the current gen consoles every couple of years.

Sounds a tad autistic desu.

>You don't
Have anime on my phone? No, far too risky.

>Yes
How do you even post them without other seeing, does someone not sit right beside you? Would you not be afraid of opening them up on the projector in the middle of a meeting?

>some good games are coming out
Like what desu?

I think they are just milking it at this point. Lookin for excuses to charge more for the consoles.

Rdr2 To name one. I hope it will be good anyways.

>Rdr2
Will no doubt be on PC as well. What is your main system at the moment?

>How do you even post them without other seeing, does someone not sit right beside you?
It's much more difficult now than it was in France, hence why my posting during work hours has decreased significantly. Also I'm much busier.

>Would you not be afraid of opening them up on the projector in the middle of a meeting?
I have a work profile that doesn't have custom wallpapers or anything like that, I've set it up so that the images are still accessible from that profile (but well hidden).

I got myself an Xbone and I hardly ever use it,so if you don't play a lot in the first place,I wouldn't recommend it,the only gaming I still do is /éire/ gaming on PC and I'm getting myself a better PC for that,and my Switch of course

It's a great console so yes, why the hesitation?

It'd be very worth it. The console price is cheap now, there's a huge library available and plenty more years to come.
Next gen and PS5 won't be for a few years, maybe 2020 and it usually takes about 18 months for a new generation to start getting some worthwhile exclusives.

Depends on how many PS4 exclusives you're interested in. For me it was worth it because of Yakuza, Bloodborne and Wipeout.

It's not announced on pc and the first one never made it there either. It might still go there later but it definitely won't at launch.

I have a really, REALLY outdated desktop (32 bit) and back a few years ago i could not even load the internet up or even start it up without the frames dropping and freezing.

Got a 360 and i have to find a stick small enough to fit through the vent too kickstart the fan everytime i start it up. It could take up to 20 mins.

>why the hesitation?
Personally I'm concerned about the original PS4 becoming the poor relation to the PS4 Pro and whatever Sony comes up with to rival the XB1X. Nier Automata ran far better on the PS4 Pro than it did on the original PS4 apparently.

>still accessible from that profile (but well hidden)
All sounds a bit risky. What about the Sup Forums web page, do you have to close or minimise the browser when someone approaches you or something, or do you just take quick glances and close it again?

Fermanagh people have it tough, it seems. Perhaps we should've airdropped you all some decent gaming equipment for Christmas.

>airdrop
>plane in the background
Didn't even mean for that to happen.

>Have anime on my phone? No, far too risky.
It's not like you'd give your phone to someone

Why do Andou's eyes look normal but the other two are weird?

Well, 1. It can cost a lot to buy it and then buy games, online, memory etc 2. It can wast a lot of time. I used to play it way too much. 3. If i only get a couple of years out of it until the next gen comes around then i think i'd rather wait and get a ps5 maybe. I've always been the boy who got hand me downs and came into the party too late. For example when the ps2 came out my cousin gave me his ps1, and then i got the ps2 very late, then i got the 360 very late. So it Would be nice to get one new.

How'd you know i am the Fermanagh poster? I have seen at least 1 or 2 other brit flegs around here.

>have seen at least 1 or 2 other brit flegs around here
Really? If so I don't believe they make more than one or two posts?
We don't have any active poster with a northern flag.

It's the same old Jaguar CPU on both base and pro so the framerate difference isn't normally greatly different, the main selling point for the Pro is for 4k. It's been a bit of a bust and never became the highest selling SKU, it's not the powerhouse that would make the base PS4 redundant like was originally feared.
I'd still buy a Pro if I were buying new but I wouldn't too much about having a slim or base considering the Pro is only about 10% of PS4's in circulation so nobody is going to be prioritising it in development.

>do you have to close or minimise the browser when someone approaches you or something, or do you just take quick glances and close it again?
The position of my work area makes it easy to orientate my screen away from the main angle of approach. The problem is, people frequently come to my desk for various things so it's often easier just not to bother with Sup Forums outside of certain times of day.

I dunno, guess we'll have to wait and see.

>I have seen at least 1 or 2 other brit flegs around here.
That was only yesterday when the other /éire/pol/ lads had no thread of their own. Normally we have virtually no Union Jacks here. And even when they are here, it's usually just to insult us or cause trouble. That makes you an outlier and therefore easy to identify.

>people frequently come to my desk for various things
Are you a janitor and they come to you in the morning looking for a sick bucket after they've all been out drinking the night before?

>guess we'll have to wait and see
Which reminds me I should probably avoid the threads on Sup Forums since spoilers are out.

>Are you a janitor and they come to you in the morning looking for a sick bucket after they've all been out drinking the night before?
He's probably the big boss everyone's afraid of but his underlings need him for guidance

Why would the janitor get a computer? Unless he doubles as a different type of janitor.

Janitors at your workplace have desks?

Yeah, I noticed. I've abandoned the thread.

Up to you, you get better value in the middle of the generation with cheaper consoles and cheaper games. Better hardware as well since it's been revised. Early adopters of a new console will usually get burned on price and sometimes shitty hardware.

>Janitors at your workplace have desks
Of course, there isn't always vomit to be cleaned up you know, so they need a monitor so they can watch some movies or TV instead.

What if he's the janitor and the big boss? Everyone knows about him taking up entire terabytes of company space with anime but they're too afraid to say anything.

>Early adopters of a new console will usually get burned on price and sometimes shitty hardware.
Don't forget waiting months for proper games.

I can somehow see Froggy in a position of leadership more than in manual labour

Idk, when i see them they are usually more active than me. Most be Sup Forumsack influx by the looks of it.

Would it be best to get a PS4 now and get as many years out of it as you can and then when the PS5 comes out get it maybe 2-3 years after?

>Would it be best to get a PS4 now and get as many years out of it as you can and then when the PS5 comes out get it maybe 2-3 years after?
Pretty much. PS5 could still be years away anyway.

>Would it be best to get a PS4 now and get as many years out of it as you can and then when the PS5 comes out get it maybe 2-3 years after?
Yes because PS5 won't have a good library out the gate. You're probably talking more about holding off now for something that you won't get a payoff on for about 5 years. We don't even know what the PS5 will be anyway, there's always the chance they shit the bed with the vision or build it around VR or something.
Just get a PS4 imo.

Aye. They better not pull that VR crap or try do a Microsoft on consumers. You know, the restriction box meme. They can fuck off if that's the case. I'd just go with a decent PC then, just very expensive and i hate all the main stream OS's.

>hate all the main stream OS's.
Good lad. You can run your preferred form of GNU/Linux as your primary OS and have a multi-boot for Windows 7 (or 10 if you really need to play those Windows Store games)

Thanks for the advice.

What are you lot up to?
>build it around VR or something.
Do any of you have VR stuff?

Have one of these. It's like I'm really a Disney princess!

>Do any of you have VR stuff?
If I had a lot more non-African currency to spend then maybe.

Prinz you really are /wealthy/ now, I'm afraid you have to order a shipment of pastel coloured polo shirts now
See you at the country club
>It's like I'm really a Disney princess!
>Implying that you aren't

>What are you lot up to
Entertaining unexpected guests.
>any of you have VR
No, don't imagine there is much quality stuff to play on it right now. Maybe in a few years time.

>Entertaining unexpected guests.
Who's visiting?
Would you rather have them leave?

>Who's visiting
Just some relatives (aunts/uncles).
>Would you rather have them leave
I don't mind too much, I can kind of slip away whenever. They brought some nice biscuits and such I believe at least.

>aunty comes over to drop off sweets
>leaves straight away
>have to text her to say thanks

>drop out of college
>use student ID to continue receiving student discounts
Or at least that's what I'd do if I still needed to use the bus for anything. Any other good student discounts a devilish rebel like me should know about?

Cinema tickets I think.

I have spent the last twenty minutes trying to figure out how to open out those bin bags that come on a roll

Go ahead and get in it once you figure it out.

Never mind, you're supposed to tear the four corners apart from the seams. That is ridiculously counter-intuitive. It just makes you feel like you're breaking it.

>have to text her to say thanks
Did you want to talk to her or did you not want to have to text her?

>What are you lot up to?
Was playing vidya there and listening to Twitch streams.

>vidya
Cringe.

I see you let this place die while I was gone.

yuropoor """rugby""""

>/éire/pol/ doesn't use fadas
>/éire/pol/ says Connaught
Says it all really.

>you let this place die while I was gone
Well if you hadn't gone and read the thread you would've realised that I too was gone and not looking after the thread and therefore it got dead.
Did you enjoy your gaming session? What games on Twitch were you watching?

They also have a capital letter in their thread title, bloody barbarians.

>Did you enjoy your gaming session?
Yes.

>What games on Twitch were you watching?
There's a few streamers that I tune into regardless of what they play because they are entertaining. I don't follow any specific games.

They call themselves "nationalists", but they're clearly just West Brits in the most fundamental ways.