Steven Universe one of the most talked about cartoons on the internet past 2 years

>Steven Universe one of the most talked about cartoons on the internet past 2 years
>Loud House still gets better ratings

How is this possible? Does online popularity just mean jack shit? I would like to think it's a decent reflection for how well something does.

BATTLE OF CANCERS!
FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

There's a silent majority of people who watch cartoons.
They're called 'children'.

Honestly I don't see as much praise for TLH as I do see "fans" of it bashing SU

>How is this possible?
Sup Forums, tumblr etc. "fandoms" are comprised of adults who probably just pirate.
The demographic who actually matter and are most likely to be watching on TV are kids.

What is vocal minority, Alex?
These are kids' networks. Online popularity among Tumblr and Sup Forums and wherever else don't count as much as whether or not the primary audience is actually bothering to watch it. Kids tend to prefer zany comedies to muh lore. Do the math.

One is an genuinely good show while the other is overrated otaku pandering tripe. Not that hard to figure out.

SU is loved by liberals and their kind. The majority of people don't like any of that. But even if I'm wrong I can see why LH would go beyond SU. SU is one of "those" shows (AT, Regular Show etc.) and they are all basically the same shit. Perfectly interchangable, bland and tasteless. They also all look the same. The Loud House is its own thing and has actual charm.

Imagine a room filled with mice. It might seem that the mice are everywhere and completely dominant, but once a single cat appears they all run away. It's like that.

probably because most of the people who watch Steven Universe are more concerned with blogging about it and jerking off to fan art than actually watching it because hey they could just catch it online

Whereas Loud House's audience is all the kids who are tired of spongebob, which is basically every kid who has ever watching Nick after 2007

Why is Harvey Beaks tanking while Loud House thrives? Both are on the same network. How the hell do you succeed with children? It all seems so random. TTG does better than Gumball, how?

SVTFOE, The Loud House, SU = Plebian
WOY, Harvey Beaks, Gumball = Patrician

People are more interesting than talking animal bullshit.

I'm the extreme heretical minority in this, but I absolutely loathe talking animal crap and consider it cancer that is keeping cartoons from going forward.

>Why is Harvey Beaks tanking while Loud House thrives?

Harvey Beaks is constantly on hiatus and when it's not on hiatus it has a retarded schedule.

>People are more interesting than talking animal bullshit.
>Zootopia is close to making a billion dollars and it's only been out a few months
>Lion King one of the most popular animated films, 20 years later.
>Ice Age films get more money every succeeding film
>Kung Fu Panda and Madagascar one of Dreamworks most successful franchises

I refuse to believe this.

Harvey beaks is poorly scheduled and gumball is falling into the same problem as RS and AT by going into relationship shit no one cares about instead of being episodic ]

>How is this possible?

Children (SU has become a White Elephant for CN)

Is this satire?

>responding to a mentally ill Croatian neo-nazi

Of course not

Holy shit, I never thought I'd find a tripfag with shittier taste than Misha.

It's impossible to tell any more.

Part of me hopes not, because the thought of SJWs getting mad at literal children for enjoying "problematic" content makes them look even more insane to reasonable, rational human beings.

I love this tumblr post cause the show is all about how it's good to have family.

I know, I know. I hate all of them, Lion King included. Even as a wee kid I disliked anthro animals.

I feel that talking animals are why cartoons will never break through towards more mature stories and adult animation. Yes, there's anthro for adults like say Fritz the Cat. But it's still shit because it's always somehow removed from humanity. It can always hide behind the animul visage. It can and does refuse to be a straight story about people.

Note that there's nothing wrong with making toons for kids, I love them and I'm not pushing for making cartoons a purely adult thing, nor am I ashamed for liking cartoons for kids.

Amusingly I love animals so I can't explain why I hated cartoon animals even as a kid.

Online popularity doesn't translate to actual success in the sense that the core audience of children's entertainment, that is little kids and possibly their parents who pay the ticket, don't really post in online fandoms or write fanfic etc. For example, a lot of the online presence of Frozen in Sup Forums was dominated by people shipping Elsa and Anna together, and Elsanna has most fanfiction etc - but that definitely does not translate to it being an accepted ship in the wider Disney audience.

It also may affect things that Steven Universe is being shown on a sporadic as fuck schedule. There's months of hiatus and then two or three eps in a quick burst that's confirmed like 2 weeks earlier or something. The hiatuses tend to kill interest, it's easier to stay committed to something that gives you something new every week at the same time.

Yes, heaven forbid kids be allowed to have lighthearted fun any more. Jesus.

I can respect that you have a personal preference, but you honestly think Harvey Beaks is holding animation back while the Loud House is somehow moving it forward? I enjoy Loud House but Harvey has equally good if not better writing.

do you even tumblr?

There are a lot of parody blogs out there purposely being as offended/offensive as possible to make fun of SJWs. Like that SU "make all characters white" Tumblr.

>current year

I love it how the cunt misrepresents everything, including the theme song itself which includes:

>duck, duck, push and shove it's how we show our love

and the finishing touch

>one boy, ten girls wouldn't trade it for the world

Naturally she cannot even comprehend that the song itself is meant to be upbeat, to represent the chaotic and ever-eventful nature of living in a big family. To notice that Lincoln himself is just a normal kid and not perfect is well beyond her abilities.

Basically if a liberal hates something it's probably good.

>SU has become a White Elephant for CN

I think this is true for everything. SJW's complain, bitch and moan about every sort of fiction without them actually being interested in said fiction. They're basically bullying everyone into catering to their ideology without them being involved in loving the medium beyond "it has fags in it, so progressive!" They don't actually watch, read, play or interact with any of it on a level beyond that. All form, content doesn't matter.

I'm not a furry.

LETS HAVE ANOTHER GENERAL WAR, BECAUSE THOSE AREN'T OBNOXIOUS AT ALL.

>SU has become a White Elephant for CN
How so? nuPPG seems to be more problematic for CN than SU.

How can you even say something like that in this place.

Bugs & Daffy will like to have a word with you.
It did a very insulting anime reference which was so bad it made Coal Black And The Sebben Dwarfs look like modern day progressing, If Nick cared they would of used Mir at the very least on that episode.

Ratings measure people watching the show on their tvs while hooked to bitch ass boxes. These bitch ass boxes are NOT connected to every single tv ever. Alternatively, self reporting is used. And people tend to lie.

So, you have methods based on gathering data from volunteers. Which by default will be stilted towards certain types of people (particularly people with a fetish for exposure.).

Ratings are the least accurate way to measure a show's popularity possible outside of literally guessing.

If she actually dropped her preconceived notions, she'd realize that the sisters are way more than stereotypes.

And she can't seem to understand that there's a difference between "this person can be annoying but I still love them" and "this person only exists to bother me," probably because she's an insecure only child from a broken family, much like the majority of tumblr.

Because loud, obnoxious vocal fans does not equal lots of viewers.
Also the types of people who talk shit about cartoons on the internet all day are also largely the types of people who'll watch said shows online rather than when their broadcast.

What is CN's Pink Elephant then?

There is no fun in a progressive world. Only pronouns and safe spaces.

I haven't watched Harvey Beaks so I cannot say anything about the show as such. You could say that I feel that we have an overemphasis on cartoons with anthro animals, especially big budget stuff. So in my eyes talent and funds are wasted on that instead of other kinds of stories and characters. Animal stuff is a safe bet, but it has become so safe and so profitable that it's our equivalent of moe blob shows.

For instance the first couple of eps of Star Vs had excellent animation. Then the animators were switched and made to work on some talking animal thing.

But I know I'm farting in the wind. Furry stuff profits both from kids and... well, furries. But I dislike the whole ordeal.

So yes, in the end it's a personal matter.

Misha isn't a furry, he's a pedo.

A White Elephant is a possession that is useless or troublesome, especially one that is expensive to maintain or difficult to dispose of.

If they can it without having a coherent ending, they'll have a fandom backlash

I know, right?

We should talk about how cute Lincoln and Steven are.

Can't say anything bad about old classics. That's a different game. But it evolved into a monstrosity by now.

It's pathetic when people fail to realize what they are watching is a children's cartoon. It's not like 10 year old's are going to complain about rehashes of shit from the 90's.

The 90s will like to have a word with you, there was nothing but fun there.

Also when MFW was better then any other flash studio, Star was still light years behind their 80s output.

I think you're right. Actually, I feel that kids who are say 9 or 10 now have never seen a show like the Loud House.

SU isn't useless or troublesome though. They have episodes ready and everything and would get good ratings if they'd just air them in a regular fashion, but CN seems to be doing everything it can to kill viewership for the show

I'm from the distant year of 1986 user, I think you misunderstood something. I was refering to the present time of shit and leftism as antagonistic to everything natural - fun included.

If there was one internet individual who I wish could have existed solely as an silent faceless entity outside of the content they created, it would be BogBitch.

I know The Looney Tunes Show was not everyone's cup of tea with it's PSG art style but it was good for what it was but failed compared to the classics.

The less said about the flash Mickey shorts the better, and this is coming from someone who likes them.

Wabbit however just failed.

>leftism is antagonistic to everything natural
But hippies are leftist and they hate GMOs and all sciency sounding acronyms simply because they don't sound natural.

What cartoons do you consider leftist?

> talking animals are why cartoons will never break through towards more mature stories
Talking anthro animals are the groundstone of animation though. Felix the Cat was introduced at the silent film era, then you had Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck etc, and Disney inspired the japanese with their anime scene, and now the japanese are inspiring western creators back. It's all sort of connected but anthro animals are at the heart and birth of animation as a storytelling medium. And you can tell pretty mature stories with anthro animals, if you'd like, Maus is a good example.

The problem with western animation and it's juvenile aspects isn't about the anthro animals, it's that here animation and comics as a whole are for some reason seen as a childish medium, whereas in countries like Japan or France there's a wider readiness to accept that mature stories can be told through animation, that it's not "for kids" just because it's not live-action.

They know of harem shows, this is nothing new.
Also Sugar refuses to adult proof the show like whats going on with NuPPG.

They really probably haven't. Most shows in the past decade (or more) have been strongly story driven or are muddied with over the top fantasy or science fiction. It's rare to see a cartoon that's just so utterly normal in its setting, even considering the cartoon antics.

I kind of want to see now if there's a correlation between older viewers' childhoods and their reactions to Loud House. People who grew up with siblings and happily-married parents seem to understand and enjoy the atmosphere, while only children and children of divorced parents seem to not be as fond of it as it probably serves as a subconscious reminder of what they feel like they should have had but never did.

Why are you expecting him to say anything other than SU and a shitton of meaningless buzzwords?

I'm an only child and I enjoy it. Then again I enjoy about 90% of the cartoons I've watched throughout my life so I may not be the best judge.

Shills don't have Nielsen boxes.

I know this is just bait thread to rile up fans on either side, but seriously, how can people say the Loud House is a big heavyweight so early in its running?

There are 3 simple reasons the Loud House is thriving right now and all of them seem temporary.

1. It's on Nick and it isn't Spongebob: The obvious reason that I think everyone knows is that it's the first show that seems like it took effort to create on Nick in a long while and Spongebob fatigue has been going on for years. Anything that's not SB is a godsend.

2. It's targeting children like a normal kids cartoon: Compared to the likes of SU and Adventure Time, where the creators and writers know they have a large young adult (16-22) crowd following, the Loud House isn't doing anything new or groundbreaking, it's a fairly tame show that uses the classic cliches both in plots and characters. Nothing about it is new, absolutely nothing. And for kids, that's great since it's a great cartoon to jump on for short bits.

3. It was pretty much airing new episodes almost every day it seemed. I don't think this was a smart idea unless they really had a big stockpile of episodes saved up. Once the new episodes are out and it's running on re-runs like every other show, I can see the ratings dropping hard.

Honestly all in all, I don't think the show will remain as popular as it is for very long. Hell, I'm surprised it's this popular on Sup Forums at all. The show's the most cliche thing I've ever seen in my life. Characters are classic tropes and the plot is always some moral that's been done before. I mean it's perfect for kids, but the only reason I see it being liked on Sup Forums is for the waifus. Not surprising really considering that's the main appeal of cartoons on this board in the first place from what I've seen.

>why this one show not popular and other is?

Maybe it's because SU tries too hard with the agenda pushing bullshit and because of that it attracts mentally ill people who will bully and harass you until you commit suicide for the high crime of drawing one of the show's characters too skinny.

Honestly does that sound like a show you want to start watching and become involved in?

Compared to the other one where the fanbase on Sup Forums is limited to posting their fanart in /trash/ cause of all the pedophilia. I'd choose the one that at least attempts to have an original story and premise.

>How is this possible?

Gee lincoln, your mom let you have nine girls in your harem!?

Degenerates like us would flock to this in droves.

>it attracts mentally ill people who will bully and harass you until you commit suicide for the high crime of drawing one of the show's characters too skinny.
That's just tumblr though. At the moment they're going rabid over Star Wars and are in the process of rationalising thoughtcrime into reality and claiming that shipping Kylo Ren with Rey makes you a racist and also literally causes abuse, so you're abusive yourself and genuinely a horrible person.

SU isn't the cause of that attitude at all

Last Thursday's cable ratings are the most recent I can be bothered to find right now, and Loud House reruns were still beating Spongebob. Yes, its too early to call it a sensation or success on the same level as Spongebob, especially since you're comparing a show in its 10th season to a fresh one in its first. At the same time though, many shows in the past have been unable to beat Spongebob with their premieres let alone in the reruns. It's worthy of noting, something about Loud House has actually clicked with kids and its by far the biggest success Nick has had since Fairly Oddparents, a cartoon which is also considered a heavyweight, went on for many seasons, and probably could have overtaken Spongebob if Hartman wasn't such a lazy abject failure.
I don't agree with your second point at all either. I think people here put too much stock into "jokes that only adults will get!!!1", because parents don't sit down and watch television with their kids like they used to. They throw on netflix or youtube for them and fuck off to work. It's not the same environment it was for us growing up in the 90s or even ten years ago. Even then, Loud House does have humor only an adult would understand, such as Luna's music references.
It's time for people here to stop dismissing Loud House as generic, pedo-bait, or whatever other cliff notes they've been handed by pro-CN crowd here. Everything about it, from the animation to music to voice acting, feels like something cartoons have been missing for years. Chris Savino has clearly learned from his mistakes and has put together a cartoon that rivals or even surpasses those he supposedly ran into the ground such as old PPG or Dexter.

>Does online popularity just mean jack shit?

Online Popularity reflects the the size of the Manchild and Womanchild fanbase.
Cartoons are still watched predominantly by CHILDREN

>tfw enjoy all 6 very very much

I just like cartoons and like discussing them with people on Sup Forums. Why do people here want to divide themselves so badly?

People are very angry and want to express their hate.

It never airs. I have several friends (not normal friends, cartoon watching friends) That didn't know it existed. It has a shit schedule, shit marketing, and as great as it is it isn't good enough to move past that or Nicks shoddy reputation nowadays.

Confirmed for not even having watched SU while trying to sound psuedo-intellectual. Fucking tripfags.

Is all you do complain?

Is Steven's new stuff still getting shown at 7? That might be why.

The Stop Liking What I Don't Like mentality is strong, and people have a hard time accepting that people have different tastest and just because they dislike thing x doesn't mean thing x is objectively bad, and also just because they like thing y doesn't mean thing y can't be objectively mediocre or shit.

So instead, they invent all sorts of tier rankings where their faves are usually in godtier or patrician or whatever and the stuff they happen to dislike is pleb or tumblr or reddit-tier or otherwise shit and also ruining comics.

Just ignore their bitterness and enjoy what you enjoy, user.

>why this one show not popular and other is?
Which one isn't popular again?

Being honest, as much as I love to see Loud House beating Spongebob, I hate that Harvey Beaks is failing considering it's my favorite Nick show

>TTG does better than Gumball, how?
Because CN pushes that shit hard. Kids eat whatever you tell them to, they have no taste. You just need to tell them x is great and they'll fucking stuff it down their throats until they puke.

The new season of Harvey Beaks is airing right after TLH in an attempt to boost ratings. If that doesn't save it, nothing will.

because Loud House is better

Kids watch everything but some shows aren't popular with their parents. You have to remember how ratings are made. A child may have his/her own tv but this tv will not have a box for ratings. The family tv may have some. If the parents don't like the show because they think the characters are ugly or some other subjective reason then the show will not be counted as a view.

>IT'S 2016 GUISE
>OLD STEREOTYPES

That person needs to get a life. I for one think Loud House has a very unique look and subject matter within the scope of today's kid cartoons. It's like a '70s sitcom idea being made right now, and I think that's cool.

Nuff said.

i don't really get why people like the Loud House

given I only tried like the first episode, but it kinda seemed like a bad version of a harem anime, played up some pretty old gender and sibling stereotypes and had the main character constantly breaking the 4th wall in a jarring manner, seems like the kinda shit that people online only like for the waifus, and people at home only watch because its the correct mix of mindless, cute and colorful, that no one really hates but no one actually needs to pay attention to either

Uh, no. Loud House and SU are both equally as good

>Bogleech
Christ, what a faggot
And I'm more of an SU fan than a TLH fan

Loud House is just new. Whether those ratings will stick when the novelty wears off is what you really have to wait for, especially with how Nick treats its non-Spongebob shows. Even Korra turned into an online only program eventually.

Good luck.

the real problem is how shit Nick is with it's scheduling

that's what killed Korra and why Harvey Beaks is hanging on by a thread with a last ditch effort to get TLH viewers watching it this month. They whore out Spongebob and Alvin (fairly oddparents isn't even that big anymore, TLH will be the nail in the coffin to finally end it if viewership keeps at this pace) and give zero exposure to their other shows.

>Even Korra turned into an online only program eventually.
>Even

Well, that's probably true. I can tune in once in a while and get sensible chuckle out of it. Don't need anything else.

Korra is the Avatar sequel with a MASSIVE following despite its quality. It was the only thing on the channel that could even vaguely compete with Spongebob.

>i don't really get why people like the Loud House
it doesn't do anything groundbreaking and yet it doesn't do anything wrong. It's the pinnacle of average. In an era of cartoons trying to outdo each other with big plots and seriousness this show comes out of nowhere and has none of that. It's more of good timing for people who want to watch a cartoon be a cartoon and not wannabe anime. Basically Nick's gumball. Completely harmless and simple.

>b-but muh deconstructions covered by a saccharine facade

It's more like Clarence than Gumball. It relies on being relateable and being more grounded in reality. I think Clarence does it a bit better but I get what they're trying to do.

Didn't Korra flop super hard?

Kids are watching Loud House.

Young adults are watching Steven Universe.

And, surprise, there's more kids watching a cartoon than there are 20 somethings.

Only once half its second season leaked online so people stopped watching that season which made Nick freakout and make it online only.

if only online views counted for Shit; SU would be top of the ratings. Everyone I know watches it on KissCartoon and not on CN

meant third season

Steven Universe only got online popular after CHILDREN LESBIAN episode because everyone was all jerkin their gerkin about how progressive they are for watching the show. It's only popular to loud adults on the internet, where as Loud House is popular with actual fucking kids.

I'm like you, always hated talking athros and singing. Hated disney too. Still hate it all.
And I jerk off to gfur.

I really hate this meme. It's now not ok to say something because it triggers some autist's autism

>Does online popularity just mean jack shit?
yes, this is true for everything in the entertainment industry

So?
My Little Pony BTFOs Singing and Cryingfags in both ratings, chatter and - most importantly - porn.

A show's worth can only be measured in the amount of porn it has.