Complete the analogy:

Complete the analogy:

>Picasso is to Kubrick as Pollock is to _________

tarantino

Michael Bay

Throwing shit on a canvas and ironically selling it to retarded dipshits? Fellini

cuckasso is nothing like based kubrick-san

Kubric is more klimdt hen Picasso

this guy gets it

shyamalan

Tony Scott

>Hackson Pollock
Well that depends, have their been any meme directors out there who were funded by the CIA during the Cold War as propaganda against the Soviets?

Well, Kubri-

OP here, best answer so far

Cod

>Comparing that hack commie to one of the greatest film makers of all time

Someone hack like Harmony Korine

Mankiewicz fits that description

Korine

8 1/2 is a fucking master piece, you stupid fucking piece of shit. Why the fuck do I even browse this fucking board of underage morons

Why are you comparing Picasso to Kubrick?

Picasso was an abstract artist who produced doodles that were more about capturing a feeling than demonstrating mastery of the artform. Kubrick was a perfectionist who focused on the details. Kubrick is more like a traditional master of realism like Repin.

Awwww poverino, ti ho offffffeso?

I bet you like Godard too you fucking hipster

Nights of Cabiria is his best. If it can't move you then you have no heart.

Kubrick did focus on the details but his movies were still very abstract in mood and vaguely dreamlike.

>vaguely dreamlike
subtle way of saying "snoozefest". nice one.

Then he's more like a Leonardo Di Vinci with the arcane symbolism in the minute details than a Picasso. Or a Dali by putting his unparalleled mastery of the artform towards tweaking and twisting the methods and techniques of the traditional masters.

>Picasso is to Kubrick as Pollock is to _________

oh I get it... Kapisco

No, Picasso was about mastery of the artform. There is nothing 'feeling' like about Cubism.

Spielberg

I don't understand why I let myself be baited by these posts but I always do

Found the guy with a poor SAT score. Analogies aren't always this is the same as that.

Absurd. Picasso's most famous works intentionally rejects the techniques of the masters as a statement on the medium of art itself, whereas someone like Dali utilizes those techniques in interesting new ways through Surrealism.

Guernica is not hailed because of the highly skilled technique that was used to paint it, but because it attempted to portay the raw essance behind the suffering and devastation of its inspiration.

It's not so much a rejection of past techniques but an adaptation to modernist concerns like the 'discovery' of the fourth dimension or non-Euclidean geometry; he 'problematises' them (the space of them) but does not do away with the academic tradition. His choice of medium and subjects (i.e. semiotics of representation) reflect this, as does his insistence on draftsmanship. Look at any analytical cubist work and see if you can get a 'feeling' from it. Cubism is play but not rejection.

both picasso and pollock were hacks, Kubrick is better than both of them

zack snyder

Malick. Prove me wrong.