JURASSIC WORLD 2

What are your expectations, Sup Forums?

>Directed by J.A. Bayona ("A Monster Calls").

>Written by Colin Trevorrow and Derek Connolly ("Jurassic World").

>Cinematography by Óscar Faura ("A Monster Calls").

>Score by Michael Giacchinno ("Jurassic World").

>Chris Pratt as Owen Grady.

>Bryce Dallas Howard as Claire Dearing.

>B.D. Wong as Dr. Henry Wu.

>Jeff Goldblum as Dr. Ian Malcolm.

>James Cromwell as Benjamin Lockwood, John Hammond's former business partner, co-founder of InGen Corporation and co-creator of the dinosaur cloning technology. He aligns with Owen and Claire.

>Toby Jones, Rafe Spall, Ted Levine, Geraldine Chaplin, Justice Smith and Daniella Pineda in major undisclosed roles.

>Plot reportedly centers on InGen's cloning technology becoming open source after the events at Jurassic World, leading to dinosaurs being mass-produced and abused as everyday commodities until they begin rebelling. The movie will heavily feature a group of dinosaur rights activities mounting a "rescue mission" on Isla Nublar. Despite this, the movie will reportedly not take place majorly in the island.

>That concept of weaponized hybrids for military purposes will only be briefly touched upon. According to Trevorrow, it was meant to be "the ramblings of a madman" rather than something that the military would actually do. Actual uses rumored to be in the movie include domesticated dinosaurs commercialized by toy companies and the creation of professional dinosaur-related sports such as competitive racing and fighting leagues.

>

>The tone will be darker than JURASSIC WORLD. Trevorrow has described it as "less adventure, more horror". They'll also use more dinosaur animatronics.

>There's a "Jurassic World 3" in early development.

Oh come the fuck on, where is Dr. Grant already?
The FANS want him back; would add depth to the JP lore beyond what Jeff Goldblum's character could provide.

He probably doesn't want to return.

As long as it has some good vore I'll buy it. The alligator scene sold the last one.

>good director/dop
>shit writers

hmmmm.

Dinosaurs escaping shit. Big dino battle at the end

ROOOOOOOAAAAAARRR

Roll credits.

I don't really care about the movie but I'll be very glad about the influx of dinosaur smut that inevitably follows

It's probably going to be shit but I'll still watch it because Jurassic Park

It's going to be GodZilla: Monster Royale Jurrastic World Edition. I'm no where near excited for a sequel.

It will be a fun flick similar to the first one.

Mediocre and forgettable crappy cgi fest that will break box office records.

This trilogy is going to end like Rise of Apes Pratt turns to the screen and says "looks like its a Jurassic World after all"

Screencap this

They said rexy would return, somehow.
I'm thinking maybe they clone her or something how many years can she have left, she looked on deaths door in jurassic world.

I very doubt he'd come back even if they offered to let him reprise his role.
Then again, Sam Neill actually loves cheesy horror movies and occasionally stars in shitty Indie horror movies for kicks if they meet the proper cheese quotient, so there's that.

People are going to be very surprised. It won't be like the first one. Bayona is the opposite of Trevorrow.

JP 3 probably left a bad taste in his mouth

ALAN

OP literally said it's gonna be more horror, less adventure.
Doubt it will be as fun.

Wouldn't genetic engineering technology on the level show in JP impact the world in a more meaningful way than just more dinosaurs? Like, society would start transforming into something like Gattaca, or people would be splicing themselves with animal DNA to make low temperature cryosleep possible for things like space travel, etc.

Jurassic Park > The Lost World > Jurassic World > Jurassic Park 3

not necessarily. they could just outlaw its use on humans

>Plot reportedly centers on InGen's cloning technology becoming open source after the events at Jurassic World, leading to dinosaurs being mass-produced and abused as everyday commodities until they begin rebelling.
Too retarded. I can't believe this.

Real life Tyrannosaurs lived through far worse injuries than getting slapped around by a beta.

>They could just outlaw making chemical weapons
>They could just outlaw fucking kids
>They could just outlaw drugs

Let me know how that goes.

well no shit, but that user posited that it would be like Gattaca, where it would essentially be state sponsored eugenics.

The fucking chinks would be all over that without giving a flying fuck (plus selling it to anyone with pockets deep enough) and we'd enter a genetic arms race.

Besides the point but: genetic manipulation isn't close to the barbaric practice of eugenics, user

I mean, i guess?
She's near the end of her lifespan, surely.... so if the wounds didn't claim her, age will.

Maybe the tweet or w/e the fuck it was i saw was bullshit i guess.

lol, that's probably true

I'm beginning to suspect you haven't seen Gattaca

How long did they even live for? Maybe they were like alligators and lived indefinitely until they got killed

>dinosaurs being used for military purposes is nothing more than the ramblings of a madman, despite us seeing them being strapped with cameras and taken to hunt alongside motorcycles in a military operation
>they have dinosaur fighting leagues

I don't think Trevorrow knows what he's doing, guys.

>Ted Levine
Based Buffalo Bill. I still miss The Bridge

did they have the lysine contingency in jurassic world? I cant remember

Hopefully it goes back to its roots and is more like JP3

They reckon 30ish years for a T-Rex, and 20 to be fully grown.
Assuming that she's full-grown in 1993, she should be long dead by now.

Just assume that the frog DNA prolongs her life or something.

Full size around 20 years, anything past 25 is nearing the end, having said that the rex is or was in captivity and these aren't dinosaurs, not really they are genetically engineered monsters, so we don't know really, she could live another 20 years, she just looked really old and weak in jurassic world even before she got fucked up by indominus.

I believe they adapted or something, as malcom said "life finds a way" same way they managed to breed, despite all the animals being female

Arrr ah-ha-ha Rah-har-harrr

i just wanna watch Jurassic Warfare
the obvious end to the trilogy

>She's near the end of her lifespan, surely....
Maybe, maybe not. If theropods aged similarly to birds, we'd expect to see them live about six or eight years after reaching sexual maturity at age 20 or so and maybe a bit longer just because of how damn big they are. If theropods aged like mammals or reptiles, however, then their natural lifespan could be much, much longer than that - some estimates are around 80 years or so.

However, none of this really matters because Rexy is a Frankenstein's monster that experienced 20+ years of growth in three or four years so she'll live as long as she keeps making them money.

>Mad Max: Dinotopia

Holy shit fuck yes.

Yeah i'd agree with that, makes sense, they don't have to rationalise shit i guess.

In the novels she also died just like all of the other animals on Isla Nublar when the Costa Rican army firebombed it.

>dinosaurs being mass-produced and abused as everyday commodities until they begin rebelling
>a group of dinosaur rights activities mounting a "rescue mission"
>domesticated dinosaurs commercialized by toy companies and the creation of professional dinosaur-related sports such as competitive racing and fighting leagues
>"less adventure, more horror"
>horror
It sounds like a fucking comedy. I don't get it.

As an aside, I wonder how many "ugh Trump" wink-wink jokes they'll slide into this one.

>"Dino professional sports? Why don't we just elect a dinosaur as our president!"
>"A monster for president? People would never vote for him!"
>both mug directly into the camera

>>Written by Colin Trevorrow and Derek Connolly ("Jurassic World").
it never stood a chance

>It sounds like a fucking comedy.
That's because it is.
>Bleeding heart liberals free dinosaurs because muh social justice
>Dinosaurs eat bleeding heart liberals
>Everybody wins

I still think they should have gone with the john sayles draft of the screenplay. dino commandos taking down drug dealers ftw

Well, JW wasn't that good of a movie but I enjoyed it, so my expectations aren't too high. I'm interested in seeing how much Claire has changed since JW (yeah, it's mostly because I like seeing BDH in movies, sue me).

>dinosaur-related sports such as competitive racing and fighting leagues.

Someone tweeted Trevorrow a while back asking for a T-Rex vs Spino rematch and he actually responded saying he would consider it. If there's a scene where a T-Rex and a Spino fight in an arena with thousands of people watching, I'll see this shit 3 times in the theater for that and Dr. Malcom's inevitable response to events like this.

Don't forget Vince Vaughn was a massive Earth First dude in TLW. Sounds kinda like that.

Jurassic World was such a bad sequel. I thought the franchise was too hard to fuck up. It felt like a ScyFy knock off.

The entire concept was stupid. In 30 years people have gotten bored of dinosaurs? Fuck off, in a thousand years we haven't got bored of zoos.

There was nothing good though. Too much wacky bullshit.

>In 30 years people have gotten bored of dinosaurs?

That's exactly how it would be though. For the first few years it would be the biggest thing on Earth, but eventually it would just be another part of life. People can get tired of anything. If someone invented a machine that could regrow severed limbs in a half hour, eventually we wouldn't be that impressed with it anymore. Some kid would get his leg cut off and his mom would be like "oops, time to go to the doctor and get that leg regenerated."

>In 30 years people have gotten bored of dinosaurs?
That's just what the marketing department said.

>gotten bored
not really gotten bored, but the initial shitstorm of awe was wearing off.

people still flocked to the park, but not in the earth-shattering numbers they wanted.

This is why Disney and Universal release new attractions all the time. Create hype.

Indominus Rex = Pandora™ The World of Avatar™

This. I think that user was under the impression that the park was in danger of closing down from extremely low profits, but it wasn't that bad by a longshot. It was just businessmen wanting to maximize profits.

Well it has some very good people behind it when it comes to the directing, writing and acting it's the plot itself than I'm unsure about.
Also this, bring back the entire gang.

>Implying
How much Dinosaurs smut did we see after jurassic world?

Yeah that's what I thought

>Colin Trevorrow coming back
>more hybrids
Welp it's gonna be shit again

Jurrassic World was shit and this will be shit too.

Purely a money-grab based on the franchise itself.

>Also this, bring back the entire gang.
Laura Dern is a nice person.

Will based Rexy be in this?