People here will defend Reaganomics

>people here will defend Reaganomics

Why do people still think that taxing the rich less will fix the economy? Reagan's plan LITERALLY PROVED IT DOES NOT WORK. Reagan brought unemployment to a rate not seen since the great depression.

Are any of you rich? No. Are any of you ever going to be rich? No. So why the fuck do you defend rich people and want them to pay less taxes, even after it's been proven time and time again that there's literally no benefit to society?

Republican or Democrat, fuck you, taxing the rich less is the definition of retarded economics.

Because poor people are dumb which is why they are poor. And they are easily manipulated by the rich which keeps them poor.

Basically Sup Forums

Why should rich people be taxed a higher percentage of their income just because they're more successful?

why do lefties try to paint reaganomics as only cutting taxes for the rich?

it was an overall reduction on taxes

it did work

if you want to look at an economy that grew by cutting taxes on the rich, look no further than Bill Clinton when capital gains taxes had massive reductions

They should be taxes the same amount as everyone else and not be able to abuse tax loopholes which results in them paying a fraction of the same percentage as everyone else.

The Republican fantasy that making the rich pay less taxes was so pervasive even in Reagan's time that while Reaganomics was in the midst of creating a worse recession, and his own economics advisor had said off-record that it was failing and nobody knew what the numbers meant, Reagan still insisted it was working and kept going with it. And it still kept failing.

Reagan's tax policy was a failure. Bush's tax policy was a failure. Clinton saved the economy, but not by a direct tax cut for the rich. He targeted areas where there could be an improvement, not a blanket "FREE MONEY FOR RICH PEOPLE" approach.

That's why Clinton is one of the best presidents this country has had, and you have to be retarded to deny that.

Because it's makes the society better.

Reaganomics and trickle down would and could work if only the rich people were not greedy, when they got all that extra money they just kept it for themselves or re invested it in places where it would help them and other rich people, you cant expect wealth to trickle down if the people from who its supposed to trickle down from are greedy.

you made all that up

Most of them are not successful by fair or moral reasons, many cheat the system and make their money by contributing nothing to the country and or society, or they use the large powerful government to further their needs. If we had a non corrupt government, where all rich people made their money in a fair and moral way then yes there is no reason to tax them more.

Clinton didn't necessarily save the economy, the market and the internet boom did, which would have happened under any president.

what do you expect from a fucking mediocre hollywood star wannabe president

rich owners of companies don't pay same percentage of their income as ordinary people
instead they reinvest revenue in businesses to avoid paying at all
some mechanic joe or lab technician alice probably paying more that them

Does the government get more money taxing 1% of the population or 99% of the population? How stupid is you?

The only thing Clinton did was have Newt in the legislature.

Reagan's policies didn't work because congress didn't follow them.

And Bush is one of the few who can out spend a liberal.

its not about what will fix the economy. its about what will do more damage

if you think becoming hostile towards companies and the wealthy will be a good idea DURING a newly started recession then your a moron

as of last year its confirmed we are in a new recession in america. companies have already slashed spending last year

They should be taxed the same as every one else.

>people who are more successful than me must have cheated
>there's no other way

You're a fucking retard.

Yea, you're totally right, their is 0 corruptness in government and everyone makes all their billions in fair and just ways, that benefit the economy and country as a whole! Faggot, wake up. Read and learn things you naive prick. Wouldn't be surprised if you fell for the college meme as well.

Taxation hurts everyone but it only hurts poor people enough to hurt.
If you have to have taxes it's best to take a bit more from people who'll be having comfortable and luxurious lives anyway.

I'm rich. I make 60 thousand euros a year and my parents are giving me an early inheritance meaning I won't need a mortgage.

>clinton
>one of the best

Cause of him NAFTA exists. Judging by my flag, you know how that turned out for us

>They should be taxes the same amount as everyone else and not be able to abuse tax loopholes which results in them paying a fraction of the same percentage as everyone else.

I totally agree. Take the total federal expenditures, divide it by the population of the country, send everyone a bill. Simple and fair.

>anyone more successful than me must have games the system
>I'm poor therefore I'm morally superior

Top zozzle, no.