Did any show fall off the face of the Earth worse than House MD?

Did any show fall off the face of the Earth worse than House MD?
All that popularity back then and no one cares about it now.

Other urls found in this thread:

mojvideo.com/video-house-md-monster-truck/7d474f290a70c1e24f0f
vimeo.com/46672882
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah it sucked. The latter season were shitty fan service.

I still watch episodes I actually enjoyed every now and then

I loved watching it and do two re-watches yearly. everyone who watched it always totes it as one of their favorite shows. people still post "house theme" like mindless zombieson the massive attack teardrop uploads on youtube hugh laurie = Dr. House to all his american fans no matter what he's in.

What episodes did you like though?

Three Stories (season 7)
Both Sides Now (season 5)
Birthmarks (season 5)

Whatever one had Olivia and Chase taking care of her friend.
Whatever one Olivia came back for.

I disagree. My friends and I still talk about it every now and then and everyone I know talks about it fondly. Hell I rewatched it like 3 times on netflix before they took it down.

I really don't understand how someone can watch 5+ seasons of this. Every episode that I've seen has been nearly identical. House is cranky and they save the day in the end. What's the appeal?

>All that popularity back then and no one cares about it now.

No one cares about it now because it's off the air now. Almost all shows lose their mainstream appeal once they finish their run. I don't think House is somehow "more forgotten" than any other show

Which show from that time are people talking about anyway? House is still referenced pretty often imo. Not as much as Seinfeld or Curb but as much as Malcolm, Scrubs or ER.

If you want fell of the face of the earth I'd say HIMYM is a stronger contender.

How misanthropic/cynical House really is and the batshit lengths he will go to just to solve a puzzle.
The teams individual stories.
How patients influence or show flaws in the team members and a lot of times even House
Some interesting patients and their stories

It's a drama. It's procedural with a season contained arc

was house autistic?

close, he was an aspie

when it's the diagnostics it isn't so bad
agree but house did a similar thing
there's problems

the main problem with house without a doubt is the fact that in later seasons it because obvious that the writers were trying to write a character (house) who was smarter than they are.
Sherlock has this problem. Jessica Jones had this problem. Rick and Morty has this problem too.

When the writers are trying to write a character-driven show where the main character is smarter than they are, it doesn't take too many seasons until they slip up and accidentally mince their character into unusable slop.

Everything after season 2 is unwatchable. People make the argument for season 3 but they used detoxing House as a plot device too often. I never got interested in the new team he picks at season 4 and totally dropped off watching it by season 5. I also think that the medical procedural formula is stale now which would make a show like House uninteresting to viewers who have already been through the same thing with different bells and whistles.

this, except for the fact that hugh laurie is intensely watchable
obviously i saw him in blackadder and fry&laurie as a child so i'm immune -- i actually had a good tv diet as a kid so i don't just watch shlock as an adult

>get him off it for a bit
>they pull this again in season 5 finale
>he detoxes again at rehab
>huge arc for him, to get him off addiction for good.
>before season 6 is out he's doing it again, and all through 7 and 8

This was honestly one of the most infuriating things. Like I get addicts have relapses they should have just had him stay off it, maybe at least save it for late season 8 if anything, or just keep it out entirely and actually come up with interesting shit wrong with him NOT related to vicodin.

Get off your high horse, British comedy isn't a marker of good taste.

Laurie is good but you can't save a lack of vision with a good actor. The writers started to pull out all the stops after a while to create drama and it started to fall apart at the end.

what about when he "got better" then got worse again
honestly piss-poor writing

The drop off in quality happened too early on in the show's lifespan and yet it kept fucking going for YEARS after it had stopped being good.

yeah i don't disagree at all, i just rate hugh laurie
it's not his fault the writers gave him such shite to work with after s2
at least olivia wilde comes in later but if the writers were good they could have made it HBO-worthy with the cast

I feel like it truly sunk for me when hey rented the fucking monster truck and they did a differential in the fucking truck. Just..what the fuck.

Also I really feel Lisa Edelstein made sure the last season would suck.

>I feel like it truly sunk for me when hey rented the fucking monster truck and they did a differential in the fucking truck. Just..what the fuck.
wait, what

>Which show from that time are people talking about anyway?
24, The Wire

Anyways House's Head/Wilson's Heart is some of the best television ever made. The show had its ups and downs but it's still enjoyable.

House shits on normies.

Series finale is straight fucked up because of the implications.

I wish he was kidding

mojvideo.com/video-house-md-monster-truck/7d474f290a70c1e24f0f

Yeah, no Wilson anymore. Poor guy.

>yfw this scene
vimeo.com/46672882

The episode where Chase kills James Earl Jones to prevent a mass genocide and the guilt he faces in later episodes was House kino.

You guys didnt find houses wackey hi-jinxs funny?

Its a great fucking show, even the later seasons are good and the people who dislike them either got tired of the samey formula and houses character wasnt enough for them OR they found houses character itself falling apart after 17 relapse arcs. The thing is the samey-ness of it made it comfy as fuck and easy to binge while houses constant relapses where not only realistic but helped drive home how fucked he and everyone else at the hospital was. It took him trying to kill cudi for her to actually stop supporting him. The character dynamics where fun af.

Hmong family episode was butthurt-kino.

I feel like it gets better later on, 5-7, I don't know why most people love the first half of the series so much.

I really want to know what they had planned to write before Cuddy's actor quit the show. Like what would have happened instead if she had stayed on for season 8

Early seasons where much more comfy and more down to earth house antics with actual medical shit going on. late seasons where full blown camp or fanservice mixed with insanity and fun as fuck side plots. Both are good but they appeal to different people. It takes a true kino-master to enjoy all of house.
Something lame probably, as much as I love house and as readily as I would say its my fav live action show thats ever aired on tv, cudi was by FAR the worst part of it over all.

My first instinct was to say Law and Order SVU once Stabler left and they started focusing exclusively on RIPPED FROM THE HEADLINES bullshit, but I just checked and the ratings are apparently strong so I guess this show is unkillable.

>Three Stories (season 7)

Best episode.
Also that scene where that kid grabs Cameron's ass.

Checked.

>that episode where House and Wilson bet to see who can hide a chicken in their office the longest

I was watching episodes all the time until they fucking removed it from Netflix. Fuck Netflix.

The song was also in Prison Break.

I really like it still but more for background noise now, I've seen the whole series like 3 times
BUT JEWFLIX TOOK IT OFF AND NOW IM TOO LAZY TO DOWNLOAD ALL THAT SHIT

Heartily I, chortled.

I loved every one of his antics

Wished for House and Cuddy to come together and now that they are I wish they would break up.

>You guys didnt find houses wackey hi-jinxs funny?
Easily the best part of the series.
Must be because I'm a manchild and find the thought of grown men doing that shit comforting.
>tfw no manchild best friend to do stupid shit with

It was before streaming got big, no? All those big shows aren't really discussed anymore

MOMMY

Also it's basically Sherlock Holmes with medical cases

what is this image???

What the fuck are you talking about?
The exact same thing could be said about Lost, Arrested Development, Dexter, Ally Mcbeal etc.

This shit happens all the time. Big hits die off once they end their run and everyone jumps on to the next big thing.

Mmmmm...Cameron feets.
Yukkkkkk...Cuddy feets.

Do physicians really visit and/or break into patients' homes to do medical/biochemical detective work?

I remember it.
It as actually pretty kino at times.

I came here exclusively to bust this out of my ancient meme stash if not already posted. Thanks for saving me the effort of getting that hard drive hooked up.

No, are you deluded? Average time for a patient is 8 min. Only in Wonderland can you get weeks to treat a single patient. Most of the time you should try to get them out as soon as possible to get the quotas. Always use the simplest diagnosis so you can't lose your license if patient die. Also don't worry about the dose or rx, pharmacist exist to make sure they are right

I really liked House for the most part, but when that dumpy looking asian girl became the main character I started hating it. I feel like that retarded hallucination scene with her is where the show died in a flash of agony. She had the fucking gall to to act like everyone loves her in the behind the scenes stuff.

I liked when House was a flawed genius in those early episodes. They can't have him grow into a regular person or else the show ends, so they went the opposite route and made him into a smartass manchild. It works when it's funny, but it makes for a terrible protagonist.

It went to shit right after Amber died, but the depths to which it sunk were pretty impressive.

>full on addict
>hallucinations of person he killed
>hallucinates a relationship with Cuddy
>rehab
>in love with Cuddy
>gets together with Cuddy
>breaks up with Cuddy
>tries to KILL Cuddy
>prison
>hangs out with Michael Cera's pet gook for a humiliating final season
>also Wilson gets cancer because lmfao
>House fakes death like Sherlock
>lol I'm dying House, but let's ride these Harleys bruh

>What the fuck are you talking about?
House MD is clearly more r*ddit than LOST but House sub has less subscribers than LOST sub.

>>House fakes death like Sherlock
>>lol I'm dying House, but let's ride these Harleys bruh
pleb

>House fakes death like Sherlock
>lol I'm dying House, but let's ride these Harleys bruh

To be fair, House faking his death ruined his life and career forever, and him sacrificing basically his life, to spend some time with a dying friend was a nice tie off to his arc. He finally chose to do something for someone else.

Sure it was pretty generic and ofcourse there could probably be better endings written, but it both concluded his arc and gave a satisfying ending to a very very long show.

>and ofcourse there could probably be better endings written
Nah.

Come to think of it, user, are there any other shows that ended with an ending that wasnt necesarrily happy, but not complete shit?

I only remember Breaking Bad. A lot of shows fall on their face for their ending.

Faking his death would've been fine, but the entire two hour sendoff with his hallucinations of every woman he's known (except Cuddy) did absolutely nothing to push him towards his decisions. It's just there for faggot fan service and to bamboozle the audience into thinking he's actually dead.

Friday Night Lights has the best series finale I've ever seen.

Lost was absolutely pants on head retarded, but at least ended things on a respectable level. It was good enough for Breaking Bad to steal its last shot anyway

The Shield.

It was a good show, but like most shows like it they dragged the various character arcs out way too fucking long just because they couldn't resolve them and keep the show going. Scrubs had the same fucking problem. They just went in circles for a couple seasons. At least Scrubs got a proper final season where they tied up every character arc decently. House didn't really get that chance after that one actress fucked up whatever their actual plan for ending the show was.

I thought they just straight up didn't want the jewess back.

Scrubs had an extra season after the JD finale, though. As AIDS as it was, you can't ignore it exists

Why did they refer to eachother with their last names outside work? Even when House and Cuddy are dating they won't use their first names.

>you can't ignore it exists
The hell I can't.

That's just how Americans are, it's because of their country's puritan routes.

Reminder that House was wrong

who is this tits?

Dr. House.

>before season 6 is out he's doing it again, and all through 7 and 8

That's not true. Season 7 he is clean until Cuddy's scare with cancer.

>but the entire two hour sendoff with his hallucinations of every woman he's known

This sound like ep 25-26 of evangelion

I hate it in both series.

How many shows have done this last supper pose now?

>but the entire two hour sendoff with his hallucinations
It was an hour like every other episode what are you on

Now it's just how empowered can we make Olivia look this week.

there's not really much to talk about with procedurals once they're done, but there are still people who didn't watch it when it aired who watch it now. it's a pretty good procedural although yeah towards the very end it was a little sloppy

it's a shitty reddit show

Working up your Sup Forums cred, I see.

Its Lupus.

Is House a good show to start watching?

I just finished season 5 again and am a few episodes into season 6, desu I feel like the premier of season 6 (Broken) feels like it's the end of the entire show. It would have made a great ending if they'd made seasons 4-6 more developed in terms of story/character arc.

>House loses his mind and goes to a psych ward
>Gets clean
>Meets powerful blackmandoctor and has a mental breakthrough
>Starts taking psych meds
>Makes friends with Jason Bourne's GF
>They connect over her sister in law who House then cures
>They fug
>She leaves
>House demonstrates he cares enough about someone other than himself to hurt emotionally
>House gets to leave

That shot of him smiling in the back of the bus driving away from the Mental Hospital would have made a GOAT ending imo, assuming they'd laid the groundwork over the previous few seasons to tie up all the other character arcs prior to that moment. Could have been a great ambiguous ending too

>House hits rock bottom
>Goes to Psych Ward
>Is interned there (should have made it longer than 3 episodes though)
>The old House dies there
>New House is mentally reborn
>Returns to the world a new man in pursuit of his dream

Play it in a way that it's up to the viewer where he's going/what he's going to do

>go after the girl
>go back to the hospital
>quit the hospital
>quit medicine
>It's all a meme and he'll relapse back into his old ways within the week because he's motherfucking House

bla bla bla

Fuck no, there's a shitload of shit to talk about regarding decisions characters made. The problem is people are stupid and only care about the medicinal mystery. Off the top of my head there's the couple in season 1 who is expecting a child. They had been trying to have a child for a while now, and the wife really wants to have this one even if it costs her her life. The husband disagrees, stating he doesn't want to live without her. When something goes wrong in the surgery room, House steps out and tells the husband something akin to "I can save your child, but your wife will die 100%, or I can try to save your wife, and the child will die 100%. You have to choose, now." That's fucking golden television right there, and you'll get a different decision with each person you ask what they would've done.

Another one off the top of the dome is when a guy's wife gets sick, and we find out in the last 3rd of the episode that she cheated with someone who had been out of the country. Later he confides in Cameron that a small part of him almost wishes that she doesn't get better for what she's done to him. He asks Cameron if that makes him a bad person, she condemns him and says "yes." What would you say? There's a ton of these situations in the show.

If you like procedurals and meme main characters then sure.

I loved those two but I felt Both Sides Now was a better season finale. Fuck it would have gone down as one of the best finales in TV history if the show had ended there.

Are there any delicious Cuddy webums out there?

What do you mean? A couple of years a go everyone in my school was watching it, because it was on UK Netflix.

>tfw no manchild best friend to do stupid shit with
Don't watch Psych, you'll want to kill yourself

>I never got interested in the new team he picks at season 4
That's a shame - Taub is the best supporting character.

How long since it finished?
10 years? Why would we care?

well yeah those are interesting scenarios but nigga i don't have a memory that good so to me those are discussions best had as it airs

If season 5's finale had been the end of the show it would've been fantastic

Fringe's ending is a little bittersweet if that counts, but I guess it's mostly a happy ending

I wouldn't say Breaking Bad had a brilliant ending either. The moment they showed that flash forward with the machine gun in the trunk the writers screwed themselves over since by that point they didn't actually plan out the final season. And then their choice for "final villains" was kinda meh [the neonazis were barely scary compared to the fucked up shit Walt faced previously] and the final meeting between Walt and Jesse felt kinda anticlimatic.

And then you remember than in the previous day to BB's finale you had Dexter's finale. Oh boy.

So house had a thing for THICC girls like cuddy and his ex GF right?