Product Placement

youtube.com/watch?v=oQYwFND7rHE

You know what really gets me immersed in a movie or TV show? Seeing my favorite brands and products being used by my favorite actors.

What are your favorite examples of this best cinema technique?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UgpXJ2qjU9Y&t=3m15s
youtube.com/watch?v=nfHuZ5qrYX4
youtube.com/watch?v=qE_dxFm76xo
youtube.com/watch?v=gozMlXhKlnE
polygon.com/2017/4/27/15450274/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-microsoft
youtube.com/watch?v=YaQqj2PmBh4
youtube.com/watch?v=gpRzusd9Yi8
youtube.com/watch?v=K5WgAubyhYw
youtube.com/watch?v=PIhgv8q0qVw
youtube.com/watch?v=J8T2kZ8f6BA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Probably the worst movie based entirely around shilling a brand.

Subway isn't even healthy
They pride themselves on being """fresh""" but their meat is more processed than fucking mcdonalds, and it's all frozen. Even KFC gets its meat delivered daily and they bread it on site

Not to mention that the "doctors associates" is literally just a company name and has no actual association or endorsement from any doctors. The entire company is based on lying people and tricking them to eating their shit because they think it's healthy

And fuck the sandwich artists who don't clean the knives between cutting different subs. I don't want fucking tuna from the last customer's sub on my chicken sub, that shit's nasty

The Island had a lot of good product placement

>sandwich artists

youtube.com/watch?v=UgpXJ2qjU9Y&t=3m15s

>What are your favorite examples of this best cinema technique?- 6 posts and 2 image replies shown.

Head and Shoulders in Evolution

desu it's entirely believable having an Islander eat 5 subway foot-longs

I have a Samoan friend at Uni who gets 2 big mac combos from McDonalds and then drives to BK to order 2 double whopper combos, even then he says he's still hungry afterwords. I think Pacific people were just born with wormholes in their stomach

High fat diet from living on fatty tuna from the sea and from being generally complacent due to no need to travel. Other people had to hunt or ride for days for their food, they just sit near the beach.

This. The only reason they manage to keep the calorie counts low on some of their subs is that they give you barely any meat and thin bread which has zero density. Not to mention that the restaurants are always dirty as fuck and filled with vagrants. Literally the WOAT fast food chain, next to Taco Time and Roy Rodgers, and yet everywhere I go it seems to be the only place open when I'm hungry after midnight

youtube.com/watch?v=nfHuZ5qrYX4

>You don't believe me? Bing it!

Wow

youtube.com/watch?v=qE_dxFm76xo

youtube.com/watch?v=gozMlXhKlnE

>shrimp is perfectly healthy

why even add that line

Relatively is is. Pretty lean protein.

Zune in GotG2

>someone spent hundreds of millions making a Red Dawn remake

Must be pissed they missed their opportunity and can't Drumpf it up

I know but it makes the scene even dumber by bringing attention to it, unless they're trying to take the piss out of Subway

polygon.com/2017/4/27/15450274/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-microsoft

Wow, I didn't even know about this and that is fucking stupid.

For the record as an actual device the Zune was superior to the iPods of the day by a country mile.

youtube.com/watch?v=YaQqj2PmBh4

Not likely, Subway takes their shit serious.

The subway cup the girl is holding changes its angle between the behind and facing shots, so the logo is always directly aligned with the camera

Huh, good eye. Never noticed that.

youtube.com/watch?v=gpRzusd9Yi8

i too enjoy using the "it worked for jared" defense

How does it compare to Quiznos?

Quiznos is better but not worth the cost.

Patricians go to Which Wich

autism

>not having a local sandwich place where they know your name and your usual order that's better than any chain

you dipshit

I worked at a which Wich for 4 years. Four fucking years. Don't get ice, we never cleaned the machine.

We're talking product placement here, local places don't count.

Quiznos is a full step above subway and it's still not good. Jersey Mikes is the only half-decent major, national sandwich chain. Jimmy Johns is bland trash with solid bread. DONT let anyone meme you into thinking that Potbelly's is good either, it's shit.

They should get Jared to market to Sup Forums and get that sweet pedophile cash

Breaking Bad had so much of it.

>For the record as an actual device the Zune was superior to the iPods of the day by a country mile.

Anyone who has even a base line understand of the tech specs of these devices knows this. Apple shills are just retarded

why does subway always do this?

The gilmore subway shit was almost as funny as waynes world, very well executed meta-joke.

Mine closed down :'(

I miss when Subway looked like that.

It is funny, sure, but it's tainted by the backing of a real-life brand.

It never did.

>there wasn't a car-product-placement in Sopranos, advertising the huge trunk-space before throwing a body in it
ONE JOB

vending machines are all over the place just naturally, they probably got paid for it but still, it doesnt seem forced or unnatural

Many ways to frame that shot less obnoxiously

only good about that scene is how they're subtly making fun of people who think eating subway is healthy

youtube.com/watch?v=K5WgAubyhYw

I need my 2004 Vintage Converse All Stars™ when I'm hunting for criminal robots

The framing makes it way too prominent. Dude could have drank a coke in that scene and commented on how refreshed his was and it would be more subtle.

Zune HD was sexy as fuck.

>product placement in a show with commercial breaks

>not Jersey Mikes

Product placement is done to offset the cost of production, commercials earn profit for the network broadcasting the show.

They aren't mutually exclusive, especially in cases where the show being broadcast is owned by a different company than the network it's broadcast on.

Though it's still fucking annoying and I share you hate.

>be watching white collar
>wow, peter is this your new Ford?
>what I really like is the mytouch navigation watch this
>call liz
>hi honey, just calling you to show neal how the voice activation in my new Ford allows me to make calls while keeping both hands on the wheel for safe driving
>pick up some wine or something for dinner
>ok Ill stop by that place we usually go to around the corner from the house
>ok bye
>it can also save your favorite places, neal, for easy navigation
>uh, lets go to favorite store
>turn left ahead
>wow that is nice, peter, sure is comfortable, too
>the 3.5 liter ecoboost v6 really has the power to get you where you need to go and with 75 airbags and all wheel antilock disc brakes with traction control to make sure you're safe
>Ford you say?
>Yes neal a brand new Ford

>show references Jared "to old" Fogel
Whoops!

I always wanted a Zune growing up. Instead my mom got me one of these things. I don't know anyone else who ever had one and lots of people thought I was retarded for owning a Chinese-knockoff iPod in high school.

This episode of GIRLS was particularly egregious
youtube.com/watch?v=PIhgv8q0qVw

I kind of like that they made "stupidly obvious product placement" their MO

>american subway

Whoever is in charge of ad placement for checkEcheese is fucking fired. They shilled the fuck out of chuckyEcheese in a movie about achild eating clown. There wouldn't be anything wrong with this except part of the movie takes place in a chuckEcheese and a kid gets fucking eaten alive in the tube things kids crawl through. I was waiting forcthem to show the staff there as super competent and save all the kids, but nope.

this was my school life also, user. Glad to know there were other Zen people around.

Except that wasn't product placement, Microsoft even begged James Gunn not to use the Zune.

Hey people laughed at us for owning that brick, but it had a good amount of storage and young me was okay with watching movies on that puny screen in study hall.

We did okay, Zen bro.

I just watched Rosemary's Baby and I was shocked at the amount of product placement for Yamaha and Lipton.

I don't think they "shilled the fuck" out of Chuck E Cheese. They showed the logo on the windshield of the car but never prominently in the building. And if anything they were saying "some guy who looks like a murderous clown can walk around your Chuck E Cheese and blend right in", hardly an advertisement for the place. And he gets to murdering in there right away. And the staff is so oblivious they close a door with blood all over it without looking inside at all. Plus that was a pretty short sequence.

And hold your liquor better, user.

Yet again the joke goes over someone's head. I'm pretty sure they don't even make zunes anymore.

To be fair user, Creative is a very well known Soundcard manufacturer.

In the new season of Twin Peaks it's pretty bad.

MMM YOGA MATS

If it's banned all over the globe how could it be in subway bread?

You realize two products sharing a chemical component doesn't make them the same product?

youtube.com/watch?v=J8T2kZ8f6BA

eggos or whatever the fuck in stranger things

I.....am the arm......and I only.....drink Starbucks coffee...wowowowowowow

>not Georgia coffee

one job

Yes

hey mike

where would you put Sliders on that list?

>not understanding the significance of the brand switch

tssk brainlets

Is that a Playstation Vita™?

Never seen it

thdy int even eat it

nice thread derail, fucking Lexx made absolutely no fucking sense whatsoever but 12 year old me still watched just for the faps. It was like Canadian shitposting 10 years ahead of its time.

I always liked how autistic Frank was in private because of the product placement and how he bought a 2nd PA Vita just to have in his car, truly the first weeb president.

jesus christ

It must have been an 80s company that has since shut down, but in Aliens they kept shilling this Weyland Yutani thing and it got really out of hand.

yeah then Sandler did the same shit for the next 20 years

>not the way I make 'em

What did he mean by this?

It's literally a joke about how trash the Zune is, as if its the next step up from a fucking cassette player.

TALK ABOUT A HOLE IN ONE

Self-aware, over the top product placement is the best way to handle it.

I found a mispriced 20GB Creative Zen at Walmart for $50 when the iPod was exploding in popularity. The ones on the shelf were about $100 more.

I honestly loved it but I hated the fact that you needed software to interface with it on a desktop. I do have fond memories of driving my first vehicle with a cassette to aux converter hooked up to my Zen though.

Huh, I had a Creative Muvo and you could just use it as mass storage and drag and drop the files.

Thought it was just shitty Apple products that required their own proprietary software for that.