Wonder Woman discussion

Keep your autism at a minimum please. Just saw it. It's decent but apparently amazing if you're female judging by the sounds the audience made in my theater.

Good:
>Gal Gadot looks great and is muscular enough, and her acting is not nearly as bad as Sup Forums likes to meme
>Lots of very visually appealing scenes
>There are some pretty funny scenes with Chris Pine and Gal and they have chemistry
>David Thewlis's performance
>Poisonfu

Bad:
>Danny Huston
>Action scenes occasionally feel poorly directed and slow-mo is way overused
>Somehow a movie about Amazons, Zeus, a mystical island, WWI, the god of war, and a plot to poison everyone with uber-powerful toxic gas is kind of boring and you just sort of are carried along from funny scene to pretty visuals to badass action until the movie ends
>Movie dips its toe into "war is hell" topics like PTSD, maimed soldiers, and toxic gas and it feels clumsy and weirdly clashes with the upbeat, quippy, and optimistic tone it's trying to stay with
>They never explain wtf is going on with Gal's bracers
>It's unclear why Chris Pine has to do what he does at the end

There are some obnoxious bits of dialogue that might annoy guys, but there are really only 2, maybe 3 of these. By far the worst offender was the "I wanted to be an actor but I'm the wrong color. Everyone's fighting their own battle, same as you." Completely took me out of the movie.

Overall, the movie is okay but undeniably got a huge bump in praise because of feminism. A male-driven movie of similar quality would have been received unenthusiastically and with tons of snark about superhero fatigue.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r75QXFqPeOg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Good: Gal Gadot is not so terrible as before

whoa

Good movie. I give it a solid 7.5/10. I'd give it higher if it didn't draw so many parallels with the first Quiptain America movie.. And I thought the seriousness of the horrors of war kept it from diverging into a marvel flick with a million quips an hour, so I guess I disagree with you there. My only real issue was as you say, the use of slow mo as well as Ares being CGI as fuck when they could have literally just made up some armor for him. He's not ultron or anything so why bother making him all CGI?

Yeah, I kinda agree with you some moments and pieces of dialogues were cheesy, like that Ares's line in that webm "I believe in love" (which sounds okay) - "When I will destroy you" (wtf who wrote this?)
Also people laughed very hard when Ares told a story about how he was defeated and revealed his mustache. But I liked it.

What wasn't there to get? He blows up the plane so the gas attack won't happen, which would have killed thousands in London and made the war an unconditional surrender war like wwii, which would have been a distraction because wwi was a 4 year stalemate on the western front.

Do you just not know about wwi or something? It's really obvious.

I haven't bothered to watch a single DC flick besides the nolan trilogy (which I only liked the first two of). Will I like this movie? I'm willing to give it a try but I sorta wanna see captain underpants with my little cuz

It wasn't clear to me why they couldn't blow it up there. If it was flammable why couldn't they get to a safe distance and then blow it up? Isn't that explosion gonna prevent any gas from escaping?

No. It's okay, it's really not as good as even the weakest Nolan entry, TDKR. Compared to the latest Avengers/DC entries its pretty great, but that's a low bar.

You will probably like it if you have low expectations. It's got some funny parts, some cool action scenes, and some gorgeous visuals. Just don't go into it expecting one of the greatest superhero movies ever, like some critics were gushing

There is no reason aside from poor writing. There's also no reason why the invincible Amazon didn't just do it herself.

>it's really not as good as even the weakest Nolan entry, TDKR
No, fuck off, TDKR was horrible, absolute clusterfuck.

I'm pretty sure they sized him up as soon as he got the armor, made him taller and bulkier. Maybe they thought it would have looked lame on Thewlis's frame

Better than GotG2 and worse than Logan

It was Thor and Cap 1 mixed together but that's not a bad thing

They even fucking do a sort of flashback to explain why so retards like you would understand, but you still didn't.

>blocks one shot
>everyone stops in astonishment for 10 seconds
>happens multiple times

Nah, but it was a good movie though
It is very fucking weird to say that walking out of a DC film.

Honestly I could have watched and hour of WW not getting customs, traditions, etc. around London. Those sets looked nice.

The flashback was for Diana to think about how Steve showed humans are capable of love and nobility, which makes his sacrifice something that explains why she turns down Ares, but it doesn't explain why they couldn't have blown the plane up on the ground

>>Gal Gadot looks great and is muscular enough
Fucking shill, how much are they paying you?

Well, because that was explained right before, in the dialogue he had with the other guys. If they blew it on the ground, everybody in the hangar and a bunch of miles around would be dead.

I enjoyed the London parts too, but I'm not sure why that secretary was even a character, other than they wanted a human woman in the movie

Absolutely. And the reason why the explosion/poison gas immune Wonder Woman didn't just do it hetself is....

>all those different outfits she tries on
She looked cute in them tbqh with you famalam.

I guess that's the in-movie reason. I thought the explosion would get rid of the gas and the explosion wasn't that big, but whatever

What Steve tells her. She needs to fight Ares and save the world. He'll go in the plane and save the day.

>I guess that's the in-movie reason.
Of course it is, it's in the fucking movie dialogue for fuck's sake. What else do you want?

>I enjoyed the London parts too, but I'm not sure why that secretary was even a character, other than they wanted a human woman in the movie
Etta Candy is Wondy's Jimmy Olsen, she's a core part of her mythology and it wouldn't have been WW without her

Is that actually Ares powers, like does he fuck with peoples heads in the comic or did they take a little liberty

Logical consistency. Just take the time to engineer a better scenario that doesn't depend on "just don't think about it".

these

GET THIS HOTHEAD OUTTA HERE!

Ares does that in the comics. He's all about inciting war. Kinda his bag.

What the fuck are you talking about? They explain it clearly: if it explodes on the ground, the gas spreads and kills everybody. Are you retarded or something?

He's got literally nothing to complain about but still hates the movie, so it's just nitpicking at this stage

Who are some of Wonder Woman's other enemies? Ares is the only big bad I've heard of for her. Also it kind of seems like they left it open for him to come back.

>explodes in the air
>gas spreads by wind and forms nice and hot clouds
>kills gazillions

I actually really liked the movie. Is just that scene that bugged me. Still does. But stay defensive.

Ah,I see now. You really are retarded.

>Honestly I could have watched and hour of WW not getting customs, traditions, etc. around London.

Yeah that part was great

Nice ad hominem, bud.

Dude, I'm not defensive, they explain it in the dialogue. They spell it out for you. Just admit you're wrong about it and move on.

WW doesn't have a solid rogues gallery. She was mostly bdsm fapbait until the TV show and even after she wasn't very popular in standalone comic series. She works best when teamed with other heroes with more developed rosters.

>WW doesn't have a solid character design. She is mostly bdsm fapbait. She works best when teamed with other heroes who are actually interesting.
ftfy

If a ground explosion would mean the gas kills the people nearby, then why the fuck doesn't dispersing it high in the atmosphere where it can spread over a greater distance and reach more people cause a problem. THAT'S my problem with their scenario. The gas is only an issue when it's convenient for the plot.

who's the hothead? fuck off

>it high in the atmosphere where it can spread over a greater distance and reach more people cause a problem
Except the fact that high atmosphere was too cold for gas.
Google gas attack under Warsaw durring WW1

So is dr poison gone for good? I quite liked her; she was a pretty cute evil waifu

Steve took her virginity. That's canon in the DCCU right?

I'm pretty sure she got away once she realized Gal wasn't gonna kill her but I don't think they would bring her back in a sequel

Absolutely canon, those were fuck me eyes if anybody's ever had them

Surprise surprise, it was another DC Kino. Patty Jenkins did a great job, and you could see Snyder's handprint all over the film too.

Marvel cucks can go home to their cuck sheds.

She escaped, yes, but whether she appears again is doubtful unless they think about making a World War 2 movie or something.

She'd have to be like 100 years old to appear in current-day Wonder Woman setting.

Anyone else notice that the scene where Ares shows Diana visions is pretty much exactly the same as this scene from Man of Steel?

youtube.com/watch?v=r75QXFqPeOg

Two beings of alien/divine heritage at odds over the merits of mankind, both Diana and Clark even say "I can't be a part of this" when shown a vision of Earth wiped clean of man to make way for the dominion of their respective races.

Oh shit DCkino is back on the menu boys

Average. I think the story (writing) is the big let down here. Half the time it felt like we were watching a show about Chris Pine. The Amazon shit was boring and visually retarded. And I don't get the love for the trench scene. It began and ended so quickly. It didn't feel dangerous. It didn't even feel grand. Like a handful of dudes rushed and there were like five Germans. Wtf.

I just don't see the appeal to rewatch this. Thor is a better GOD movie. 300 is a better fight movie. And there's a shit load better adventure movies.

Jesus christ Thor 3 better not suck. GoTG2 was ass. Too many shitty jokes. Shitty dialogue. Shitty story.

The trench scene was also 95% spoiled in trailers, tv spots and clips. I had already seen all the relevant parts.

i dont think you're giving the trench/village scene that much credit and the chris pine and gal gadot chemistry was great. nothing felt forced like starlord gamora.
i really didnt like the cgi endfight though. just show her doing more flips and kicks hand to hand stuff.