Saw this in the theater one time when it came out 3 years ago and finally re watched it the other day because everyone...

Saw this in the theater one time when it came out 3 years ago and finally re watched it the other day because everyone said it was really bad and I didn't recall thinking it was that bad when I saw it, and I just wanted to see for myself how bad it really was.

Holy shit. By the end of it I was actually exhausted from laughing at how bad this movie was.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yEz_zs67hwY
youtube.com/watch?v=Tq3iqqDi0BM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I might have to rewatch it. I don't remember it being particularly bad.

Horrible Tolkein Green Goblin
Electro's sole motivation was "why isn't spiderman my friend"
3 boss fights one after the other
Dubstep final battle

One of the worst if not THE worst movie I've seen in the theater.
That stupid montage of pop music when he's investigating his Uncle's death made me laugh so hard. Not to mention that dumb hand coming out of the spider web before you know who dies.

My impression was that a lot of the villain scenes (anything with electro, rhino, and goblin, but especially with goblin before his transformation) are laughably bad and pretty much any scene with Peter and Gwen was bad in the way that it just left me stonefaced and a little angry, like I almost couldn't believe it was that boringly bad.

desu the web forming a hand was one of the least stupid things about this movie. I noticed the pacing was garbage at some points. Immediately after Dillon wakes up after his accident and becomes Electro the movie cuts to a scene where Peter gets a text or call from Gwen about meeting up to talk for the first time since they broke up 20 minutes earlier and we get a shot of Peter walking to her with romantic music playing and it's so poorly placed in the movie.

I liked it when it came out but recently there's been a massive outpouring of hate for this. I really gotta check it out again.

iirc this movie gained the reputation of being terrible months after it came out.

>finally a movie with rhino

Terrible movie; perfect Spidey costume.

That's about all I can say about it.

Boy I bet you were disappointed.

>another redditor wankfest over the "ASM movies were bad" meme

raimikiddies were a mistake.

Yeah, fuck that movie and everyone involved.

if you don't think they are bad then you're honestly a film embryo that either needs to A) take the hobby seriously or B) leave because you lack the will power/intelligence to take the hobby seriously

This isn't even a discussion about taste. It's an objectively bad film.

FOR YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU

youtube.com/watch?v=yEz_zs67hwY

Was shit compared with the master piece of Raimi.

the lack of evastikas was a mistake

I didn't care for it desu.
Take your bait elsewhere faggot.

Upvote, redditors. Who cares about spiderkino when we have RAIN DROPS IZ FALLING ON MUH HED?

You can't name one really good scene in TASM 2.

Amazing Spider-man , as silly as it was, atleast had a theme, yes darker but different to the original trilogy, and to some degree was shot quite nice, FAR better then Amazing 2, same director etc.

they should of just stuck with the same style instead of trying this cringey ass 'fun' marvel shit, if am2 had the same theme as 1 it wouldn't of tanked as hard as it did, go watch amazing 1, and then watching amazing 2, it's not even the fucking same film, it's like two separate mini universes in a set

and now Spidey has come back to Marvel, only to be Ironmans lackey and for whatever reason, they made Peter 15...? Tom Holland would be the perfect 17/18 year old pete but 15 is just silly, so by the end of this trlogy he'll be 17...?

I only went to see it for The Rhino, he was only in it the last two minutes.

Ever since Rogue One and finding out Felicity Jones was in ASM2, which I also saw in theaters and not remembering her, I watched it again.
I didn't even get halfway in.
I was like man this is boring and Jaime Foxx sucks.
Turned it off before I could find Felicity in the movie.
That said, I still would have liked a third ASM3.

youtube.com/watch?v=Tq3iqqDi0BM

This is, and I don't say this lightly, not just one of the worst super hero scenes in exitence, but one of the most cancerous things to be put on a cinema screen.

We the audience know Peter is Spider-man, we also know Peter knows Harry, and the awkward way he tries to change his voice and just the entire fucking thing is so, so terribly bad, HOW, HOW WAS THIS ALLOWED. it's like a fucking art statement on how shit something can be, good fucking god this scene

>HOW WAS THIS ALLOWED
Isn't that the question of the day

>mfw that battle showdown trying to cash in on dubstep 10 years too late
I honestly died in the theaters.

I'm ashamed of the fact that when I saw this in the theater and she said her name was Felicia, I actually thought "ooh, she's going to be Black Cat, that would be pretty cool" like I was fucking excited and couldn't see how bad this shit was.
>YOU'RE A FRAUD, SPIDERMAN

I can't possibly laugh any harder at that delivery

What's even the hot music these days.
I'm glad those dubstep days are over.

How about the part at the end where Peter and Gwen are 80 feet apart, separated by a wall with lots of VERY loud electrical beams going on and when he says "turn it on now" she actually hears him.

Eh, from what my little siblings listen to, I'd say it's pretty generic "trynna be deep" music. Think Imagine Dragons apparently.
They don't work themselves that well into movies.

That was pretty good too. And I was actually amazed that they killed him off, and have no remorse over it. Guy hadn't killed anyone yet... Like wtf?

The ending credits

>film embryo

I might be stealing this

Damn you got me

Anyone have the Sony email screencaps regarding this movie? Like the powerpoint one where it just says
SPIDERMAN
DUBSTEP
MARKETING
TEENS

>found it

Spidey thought

Hey Amy - just a couple of rando thoughts from 35,000 LAX-JFK:

- A rising trend we see with Millennials are the really extreme forms of experiential exercise like Tough Mudder (a sort of filthy triathalon), the Color Run and even things like Hot Power Yoga, veganism etc. Millennials will often post “N.B.D.” on their social media after doing it , as in No Big Deal, also known as the “humble brag”.....wondering if Spidey could get into that in some way....he’s super athletic, bendy, strong, intense....and it’s all NBD to him, of course.

- EDM (electronic dance music) is the defining music for Millennials. Wondering if there’s an EDM angle somewhere with Spidey? His movements are beautiful, would be awesome with a killer DJ behind it

- Snapchat just launched a “story” functionality, which is sort of “day in the life of me” told in a series of snapchats that expire after 24 hours. It has a very VIP quality about it, since invitation only. Getting invited into Spidey’s Snapchat circle would be huge, and very buzzworthy and cool.

Is there anything more cringe than an old person describing "hip" young people habits in such a technical way?

>marketing executives
Of every company I've been, they always have to embarass themselves.

holy shit man
my sides have left for another dimension

>I'm already dying. Your blood can't make me die more!

The Stark & Spidey thing they're doing now seems like a setup for Iron Spider from Civil War though doesn't it?

YOU NOW REALISE

this idea made it into the new homecoming film, spider-man vlogs now, go watch the international trailer.

people keep saying this is a marvel film, but it isn't, sony has there mitts ALL over it with marvels name

Whoops

... if done correctly, IF DONE CORRECTLY, the snapchat thing could be worked in, key words here

IF DONE CORRECTLY. However, we all know they wouldn't do it properly and it would be some cringey 60 year olds version of what he thinks modern apps are

>Amazing Spider-man... at least had a theme, yes darker but different to the original trilogy, and to some degree was shot quite nice

wtf are you doing user? what are you? 9? You think there's anything redeemable here

A theme? what fucking theme? and darker? it's a lame poorly executed origin story as we've seen hundreds of time already...

Shot quite nice? It's a palette of fucking bright colors in your face 24 frames per second no better than a McDonald's tv ad. What a low bar you live by.

calm down petal, nobody said amazing spider-man was citizen kane, it was in comparison to the pile of shit that was amazing 2

Wouldn't it be cool if that was Homecoming was about? it isn't though. And I don't see where they can use that idea, Civil War will surely be wrapped up in the next Avengers.

It was better than Amazing Spider-Man but worse than Spider-Man 3.

Fuck you I loved it. Extremely underrated and way better than ASM1.

Wish they wold have done an ASM3 instead of rebooting it with Avengers.

The only things I would change is get rid of some of the cheesy bits like Spiderman singing the Spiderman song and him having the Spiderman ring tone on his phone otherwise the guy playing Harry did a great job as did Jamie Foxx.

I recently watched the first 15 or so minutes of the first one. I also did not remember it being that bad. After the train scene where he discovers his powers I just turned that shit off. Fuck me it's bad.

This movie was much worse than TASM 1. People thought spiderman 3 was terrible for years but they didn't know what terrible was, and Mark Webb showed us with TASM 2. Even the first TASM is worse than spiderman 3.

Yeah it would be cool if Marvel could pull it off, but if they could the first Civil War would have been more than a brawl at an airport. Still they already have Stark making Spidey's suit, all they really need to do is have him make a new one to at least get Iron Spider on screen, and maybe revisit the political turmoil superhumans cause a little more comprehensibly this time.

>dane dehann and jamie foxx were great

Harry Osborn had an edgy school shooter vibe and Max Dillon was literally batman forever's riddler who turned into batman and robin's mr. freeze.

Eh, I don't know. It'd really age the movie awfully, like how Myspace got featured a lot in movies and now it's unbearable seeing it pop up in old movies.

The only problems with 3 were Ultra-Sandman, not enough black suit Spider-Man and maybe give Hobgoblin an actual goblin motif.

>at least get Iron Spider on screen
Yeah but when? Would be hard to put that into Thor of that black movie. Maybe first half of Avengers 3 is just Civil War 2 and then the bad guy arrives and everyone unites against him.

Spiderman 3 is better than this shit. Just barely though but still.

What is special about us getting a Iron Spider suit in Infinity War if the new homecoming suit is basically that, but just a normal spide-man suit?

The real problem with spiderman 3 is simply too much. Look at all the shit the movie throws at you

>peter and mj having problems
>harry wants to kill peter
>sandman wants to help his daughter
>eddie brock hates peter
>"love triangle" between peter, gwen, and mj
>mj's acting career is going to shit
>peter wants to kill sandman after learning he was uncle ben's real killer
>black suit
I'm sure I'm missing a few things but that's what I know off the top of my head.

wth were they thinking?

>salty snacks
What did they mean by this?

I hated the costume.

Wrong. It's much better. This movie makes spiderman 3 look fucking awesome and that movie was never as bad as people made it out to be.

sometimes, they spend hundreds of hours THINKING of an idea, designing it, planning it out, but when they make it real, it turns out that it was just a good idea in theory, however, when you're that far into production, you can't turn back, so they just probably went 'oh fuck it, that'll do.'

My god I detested the Amazing Spider-man 2 costume, the eyes were nice, but the way it sort of fit on Andrew, that weird not tight flapping in the wind, the texture, it just looks off. No idea why people think it's the greatest one ever

He looks like Rumpelstiltskin from Shrek 4