Instead, you expect young women to change themselves and their bodies for men’s benefit...

>Instead, you expect young women to change themselves and their bodies for men’s benefit. But girls’ bodies are not the problem. Your failure to guide young girls and celebrate their blooming bodies as they enter into adolescence is the problem. Your lectures and reprimands teach girls to enter the unspeakably painful process of separating our own selves from our bodies. We learn to deny ourselves wholeness. We learn to be ashamed of our flesh. We learn that our bodies are not our own. We learn that we exist only in relation to men — as appendages, as roadblocks, as objects. This horrifying lesson ultimately teaches us all that young boys’ bodies are worth much more than girls’ and women’s bodies.

Why doesn't pol respect the right of a middle schooler to dress like a slut? Why are you a hateful asshole?

pol BTFO

thefbomb.org/2016/07/an-open-letter-to-principals-enforcing-sexist-dress-codes/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AMmOAd2FVrE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Here is your free red pill.

youtube.com/watch?v=AMmOAd2FVrE

Thread's closed.

>I would rather wear a tight shirt exposing my midriff
>than be complicit in my own dehumanization

Does the irony strike anyone else or just me

I think if we manage to process the energy from orwell, huxley and Hitler spinning in their graves, we would be able to not use fossil fuel ever again. Fuck you pollution. Lets kickstart this shit

Fuck off and die single

You know the average mans standards you don't meet them so you are a practice girl.

Men are not allowed to have standards anymore. Even Sup Forums doesn't want men to have standards anymore.

Fuck that. No one will ever determine my standards but me and they are impossibly high. But I also met a woman who meets those standards so I guess my millage varies.

Dress code also goes against boys that have their pants sagging usually.

I have no clue how niggers even made that a thing.

Just because she's exposing her body doesn't mean she's a sex object. It's rape culture to imply otherwise.

>This horrifying lesson ultimately teaches us all that young boys’ bodies are worth much more than girls’ and women’s bodies
So let me get this straight, men are the primary victims of war, workplace accidents, murders and suicides, while research into their sex specific illnesses receive much less funding and attention, yet their bodies are still somehow more valued than female bodies. Top fucking kek.

Sometimes patriarchy backfires and hurts men too, which makes the mental gymnastics required to oppose feminism even more ridiculous.

Men taking on more physical and dangerous jobs (and women being encouraged to be less physical and less daring) due to a gender role that demands that they be providers (as opposed to women) is and example of gender roles, AKA patriarchy.

Men being brought up to deny their emotions and "toughen up" (as opposed to sharing their feelings and emotionalizing, like women) and therefore being less likely to seek treatment for mental illness is an example of gender roles. AKA patriarchy.

Men being indoctrinated to be violent and aggressive (as opposed to submissive and non-threatening), toward women and animals and one another, is an example of gender roles, AKA patriarchy.

her exposing her body is an expression of her own perception of how women can and should behave as well as how women are perceived.

Wearing more 'conservative' clothing is an expression of the cultural belief that we are more than our bodies. Your assumption about this entire issue is literally flipped onto its head.

I wish so much that people who agree with you could understand how much this actually hurts women. It really does.

She cannot control how other people perceive her. It's not her job to make sure her appearance doesn't trigger you.

You're assuming all the things we do have their genesis in society, which could be true to an extent but there is a natural/biological element to this, where we are compelled without our own choosing to do the things we do.

You're also having trouble with the idea that there is a duality to these issues, where traditional masculinity does *this* and *this* and these are bad things, when in fact the bad things that arise out of either masc or fem have always existed just as much as the good things have.

The standard of your discourse is abysmal.

We all get it here.

These are all non-arguments that have very little basis in reality. or you're just shitposting

but it's our job to make sure we don't trigger her with how she perceives us. Gotcha. You are so beyond brainwashed it is actually sad. Do you even read what you write?

to say it with the words of a "black man"

>pic related

>She cannot control how other people perceive her. It's not her job to make sure her appearance doesn't trigger you.

Yes she can, because perception has a literal basis in vision. Wearing a shirt that says slut will illicit a different perception than one that doesn't. I'm not talking about intrinsic perception of women in general filtered or funneled into a single woman, I'm talking about the intuitive idea that all things have reactions and consequences.

I do think, and I think you could agree with this, that it is all of our jobs, to be careful how we portray women and men in the media, and people in general, so that we don't start esteeming people like mily circus, and especially at worst, that we don't start portraying women the way she does consistantly, lest we stifle women into being sexualized by our continued portrayal of them doing/being sexual and provacative. There are more healthy ways to celebrate women and their own interest.

I'm not triggered by her appearance, that's ridiculous. I always do my best to treat people as best as I can regardless of how I perceive them.

What IS her job, is responsibility, but this is really hard to get into because people tend to be really apathetic about values when they're convinced the values I have are worse than theirs.

Read that first sentence again and then stick your thumb up your ass

I'm sorry the shills have taken your leafs.

I don't expect women to do anything. I would like them to shut the fuck up whingeing, and get on doing what ever it is they need. With out expecting me to do it for them, or give them a pat on the head for it.