What do you think of Rick and Morty?

What do you think of Rick and Morty?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/97680161
youtube.com/watch?v=QQ0Yn1fqugg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The only thing I really like about is that some of the plotlines are cool and original and the whole show isn't just some big social commentary like literally every other adult-themed animated show. The humor is fairly hit or miss and there is a lot of lame and cringey shit embedded into every episode, but most of all I hate the fanbase.

Its a meme show, taylor made for reddit

I have been out of highschool for 15 years so literally nothing

Its for edgy teens,my young brother literally quotes it by heart.

I watched an episode with my normie friends and it's the dumbest shit I've ever seen. It's so embarassing to try and force myself to laugh just so my normie idiot friends dont start suspecting me of something

Who's Taylor Made and does she have nice feet?

This

Also obviously it's reddit as fuck, but since I don't have a stick up my ass and I don't feel the need to prove anything to myself I enjoy it anyway

it's ok. not very funny but still enjoyable and better than most similar shows

archer is reddit as fuck you faggot.

>watch a couple episodes, its not too reddit

>Patton Oswalt guest star episode

Shit

there's nothing nihilistic about the show.

don't understand why christians are so butthurt by some retarded offhand remarks about agnostic shit, grow a fucking pair and stop acting like tumblrites.

but the show sucks nevertheless.

after massive hype only legitimately good episode is the disposable blue guy episode, meshee or w/e

rest are straight trash
they are terrible at improv and just randomly make shit up thats not even funny, its just random

How many times do we have to have this thread? We've said all opinions already.

I see reddit is awake.

if you enjoy this show you should honestly consider killing yourself, same goes for archer and any other "adult" cartoons

Which reddit board is this?

>even the doggo is fat

A friend is bothering me for weeks now to check this series out, but I have serious doubts about it, especially considering most of normies I know love it. Should I even bother?

>How many times do we have to have this thread? We've said all opinions already.
that's the state of Sup Forums right now. same shit, different day

Wait a minute, the "I HURT MYSELF TODAY" meme came from a song used in that show?

fuck dammit guys when you become that much of reddit for god sake.

>right now.
always

it's good overall, some bad episodes and some great ones.

hmmm

this might be a little radical but i suggest you try coming to your own conclusion about it

What?

Pros
>Easy to watch, You can watch like their 22 episodes in 4 days
>Sci-fi plots and the bit drama moments
Cons
>Is not that funny at all, don't expect nothing really good from it.

yeah i know
i have it downloaded already but cant get myself to waste time by watching it. at least the episodes are fairly short

They used the song from Nine Inch Nails Hurt in that last episode. I think people start memeing the lyric "I hurt myself today" here because of it.

Roilands original crap he made when he did hard drugs was better

Doc and Mharti
vimeo.com/97680161

for what its worth, the second episode is a lot better and more representative of the show than the first. i suggest you at least watch the second even if you dislike the first. if you're still on the fence maybe skip ahead to the meseeks episode. if you don't get any enjoyment out of episode 2 or the meseeks episode then yeah don't bother watching any more.

LICK
MY
BALLS,
MHARTI

It's brilliant. Transcendent. It elevates me to new levels.

>the whole show isn't just some big social commentary like literally every other adult-themed animated show.

But it is. It's commentary on life iself, that boils down to "nothing really matters and we're all going to die".
Your standard highschool nihilism.

I'm aware of the fact that they try to nihilism-pill people but I just mean the show isn't like some shit where the characters are involved in some flavor of the week current event

Do you even know what social commentary is?

a show that resorts to so many fart jokes cant be good

it's ___fun___

youre fucking retarded

It's enjoyable enough, though I can't say I find myself laughing much even when there are parts that are funny.

As another user pointed out, I mostly appreciate the lack of social commentary even if it occasionally gets fedora-tier. It also has a decent amount of politically incorrect humour which I can also appreciate.

Unfortunately, aspects of the show like the "lolsorandom" dialogue bring in the Leddit crowd and combined with the fedora-tipping this show ends up being quintessentially Leddit, but I can still enjoy the non-Leddit parts even if I dislike the majority of the fanbase.

The season 3 premiere fucking sucked by the way. The fact that it pre-empted Samurai Jack only makes it worse.

>this thread

>Roiland is terrible at improv
Fixed.
The only improv segments I can think of are the Intergalactic Cable bits which are obviously Roiland's failed attempts at improv and they are absolute fucking trash, not even being animated saves them.

>hurr I'm barely putting effort into this improv so it's really dumb and random, ISN'T THAT FUNNY?

>being over 30 and shitposting in rick and morty threads

>so my normie idiot friends dont start suspecting me of something
like secretly being a bitter humourless pleb?

>Open thread expecting to see a reasonable discussion
>Reddit this, Reddit that
>Sup Forums: if it's popular we dont like it

Fuck this shitty board

>Open Sup Forums rick and moirty thread expecting to see a reasonable discussion
well there's your first mistake

>Interested in reasonable discussion about rick and morty

topkek, go to redit - that is where you belong culturally

Lool reddit meet up?

What the fuck?

>actually wanting to discuss Reddit and memey
And here's reddit

>your average reddit and morty fan

I'm fucking dying, is he actually stroking his dick?

I like that it makes Sup Forums have an autistic fit over nothing. It makes me laugh more than the show does.

It's the amazing atheist

>Patton Oswalt guest star episode

i hate this so much. he's in fucking everything and he's nothing but annoying

The only recent role of his i've even remotely enjoyed is the penguin from bojack horseman. Why the fuck can't these shows grab eugene mirman or someone else occasionally instead of the same widower idiot

Are you an idiot

The gift that keeps on giving. This is almost as good as those 2 scouser webms.

To be honest, it feels like south park without a sense of humor. Both do the same thing (mock culture, religion and trends). But somehow Rick and Morty fails to capture what made SP special.
>plotlines are cool and original
Nigga what? Most of the episode are references to pop culture or parodies.

>Most of the episode are references to pop culture or parodies
no they arent

>google search it
>this pops up

>it feels like south park
except for having a totally different premise, writing style, character dynamics, etc

>no they arent
>inception episode, 1992 sci-fi movie The Lawnmower Man episode, M. Night Shyamalan plot twist episode, Invasion Of The Body Snatchers, Raising Arizona episode.

Come on man. Are you really this retarded that you can't even notice something so obvious like that?

For people who aren't meme machine faggots, it's a great show. Lots of creativity, good humor, and consistent theming that makes it feel like each episode contributes towards a greater whole. In general it kind of feels like a more consistent Moral Orel that never reaches those same levels of brilliance.

Jesus Christ, that poor girl looks terrified. She knows she'll be a quick snack.

Overrated, overhyped, and the humor isn't far above Family Guy's.

EVEN THE FUCKING DOG IS OBESE

>totally different premise
Not at all. Both are parodies of pop culture, meta humor and trends
>writing style
I agree with this. SP is more of a morel kind of script, Reddit and memey is more like cliffhanger the show
>character dynamics
Nah. In both world the characters are horribpe persons and the dynamic comes from shock value, slapstick and profanity.

God isn't real tho lads, lets be honest.

>Overrated, overhyped, and the humor isn't far above Family Guy's

>1992 sci-fi movie The Lawnmower Man
yeah, that movie that everyone is totally aware of
>M. Night Shyamalan plot twist episode
that's a pretty weak connection to call the whole plot a "pop culture reference"
>Raising Arizona episode
you mean episode where the title is a play on raising arizona and the plot doesnt resemble the movie?
learn what a premise is, and a cliffhanger too for that matter. also that loose of a definition of character dynamics applies to most adult cartoons

God exists in the Rick and Mortyverse.
The Devil, voiced by Alfred Molina, appears in one episode.
Also, Rick is not meant to be a hero.

>I don't like show
>why
>because people that are different from me like show

>yeah, that movie that everyone is totally aware of
Because you don't know doesn't make it different. It is an episode based on pop culture episode
>M. Night Shyamalan plot twist episode that's a pretty weak connection to call the whole plot a "pop culture reference"
The whole premise is based around plot twists and M. Shyamalan is the main parody point.

>>Raising Arizona episode
you mean episode where the title is a play on raising arizona and the plot doesnt resemble the movie?
Morty adopts kid, has problems raising it and the whole deal is based on that movie
>learn what a premise is, and a cliffhanger too for that matter. also that loose of a definition of character dynamics applies to most adult cartoons

You don't know what a premise is, the dynamic from adult cartoons shows is different for example in Bojack or even the simpsons. Cliffhanger is used right.

Damn man, you're even more retarded of what I expected.

kek

Only the thin girl behind the dog looks like someone I wouldn't mind being in the company of.

Fat = useless annoying disgusting piece of shit

How do people even become like this?

i kinda liked how it accurately explained theoretical science in some plots
show just kinda sucks, though

Ketamine abuse. They fell down the k-hole.

>Because you don't know doesn't make it different. It is an episode based on pop culture episode
i didnt say it wasnt, you were accusing them of only doing references, i assume, as a lazy way of connecting with the audience, i'm saying that wouldn't work with a movie that no one's heard of.
>The whole premise is based around plot twists and M. Shyamalan is the main parody point.
m night doesn't own "plot twists" though, and even if he is referenced, it's a stretch to say that it was just an "m night shyamalan episode".
>Morty adopts kid, has problems raising it
no, he fucks a sex robot from another planet which gives birth to his kid and the ensuing events are nothing like raising arizona, there's also a whole other plot thread in that episode
>You don't know what a premise is
the premise of rick and morty is an alcoholic scientist and his neurotic grandson having wacky scifi misadventures, the premise of south park is a group of foul mouthed elementary school kids having wacky misadventures in their fucked up small town. and before you go trying to say that "wacky misadventures" means the premise is the same, that's once again applicable to most adult cartoons, speaking of which
>the dynamic from adult cartoons shows is different for example in Bojack or even the simpsons
learn what the word most means.
>Cliffhanger is used right
no, idiot, it isnt. shit is always resolved by the end of the episode with the notable exception being the end of season 2

I wonder what all these sjw's will be like in 50 years. At what point do they mature? Or will we have pensioners that look like this?

They're dependent on one of their friends hitting it big and then leech onto him/her like a parasite.

Hello r.eddit

Some qt from work tried to get me into it, watched her favorite episode together. I went into it with the best intentions but didn't laugh a single time.

I don't know, there are worse things but for me it was unremakable. Maybe it is true that the show is tailor made for a very specific audience.

Hopefully they will all die off; being victims of their own stupidity.

I think it's pretty fun. That's about it.

You don't know what shitposting is do you?

>like secretly being a bitter humourless pleb?
Yo this is so truuu. I bet he doesn't even like Baywatch because it's too BIG and FUN.

They actually did it. They actually fucking made a show about Reddit. No dog whistles, no allusions, just pure straight Reddit pleb shit. Every fucking line is a meme. EVERY SINGLE ONE. There isn't one joke or quote in this movie that wouldn't get you at least 50 upvotes. If you were a Bernie Sanders supporter, this flick is for you. If you own a fedora this flick is for you. If you like taking turns with your girlfriend getting rammed in the ass by imported black cock this flick is for you. If you're a normal fucking person who votes Republican and enjoys films about ideas, characters, and interesting settings this piece of shit flick is not for you and given the fact that there are no movies like that anymore because critics and audiences can't get enough meme sci fi space shit you're better off just finding another hobby or killing yourself.
Fuck Reddit, fuck memes, and fuck whoever likes this piece of shit show

The atheism and nihilism is kind of tryhard, but at the end of the day it's just saying the truth. If people want to attack the show then they should make fun of the obnoxious and annoying delivery rather than just the fact that those elements are present at all. Just saying "hurr durr this is bad because i think god is real" makes you look like a retard. The show sucks massive dicks so I'm not defending its quality, but it always makes me laugh seeing burgers get their panties in a twist about muh religion. There are a billion shows with Christianity shoved in your face, including the most popular cartoon worldwide (The Simpsons) so having one show without it is fine. And the show is about a genius scientist so it's actually appropriate.

>There are a billion shows with Christianity shoved in your face, including the most popular cartoon worldwide (The Simpsons) so having one show without it is fine. And the show is about a genius scientist so it's actually appropriate.
wew lad

it's from the JUST meme. cut my life into pieces, wake me up, what have I become etc... nothing to do with the show

Nice reaction image my friend, mind if I save it?

It's the best animated TV show since The Simpsons and everyone who dislikes it is a fat, friendless, dateless wonder.

But atheism and nihilism are as true as any other form of philosophy.

Not to mention, people do bitch about the cheap delivery of said concepts.

>what is:
>King of the Hill
>Beavis and Butt Head
>Daria
>Freakazoid
>Pinky and the Brain
>Home Movies
>Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law
>Space Ghost Coast to Coast
>The Boondocks
>ATHF
>Sealab 2021

all garbage

I agree, cartoons are garbage, but still better than reddit and memey.

I like the show but American Dad and South Park are more deserving of that title

youtube.com/watch?v=QQ0Yn1fqugg

I think the writers/VA's like having fun, at least

Which episode had Patton?