Can't remember a movie, help?

Years ago (maybe around 2005 or 2007, definitely some time before 2011 though) I saw this movie I rented from Blockbuster and i remember it being pretty cool.
From what I recall, it was a CGI movie about this alien ship/AI that was like an Ark and was going from planet to planet across the galaxy trying to find a suitable one to terraform repopulate with the long dead alien race.
Along the way the AI is talking about all the planets while the movie is showing cool landscapes and creatures and it's also talking about the history of the alien race (I think they were called the Phlege of the Fledge, something like that)
All the planets aren't suitable except for the last one it finds towards the end but, from what pieces i remember, it may of had to genocide a race of beings on that planet to fulfill its mission
Either way, by that point the AI havd gone through all the history of its creators and their extinction through war or whatever and deemed them not worthy of surviving and i remember the ship crashing itself into the ocean
The end planet MAY have been an ancient Earth but I can't clearly remember
Does anyone have any idea at all what I'm talking about? Trying to remember this movie is a pain and finding it is a small obsession.
The MS paint pic is the best I can do for how I remember the ship looking.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ark_(2005_film)
m.imdb.com/title/tt0453446/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Odyssey_(TV_series)
youtube.com/watch?v=zHzPEpHYtXQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_computer-animated_films
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaena:_The_Prophecy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Boku no Pico

Sounds a little like titan A.E. but I'm just guessing here. The plot involves a ship/arc and the aliens in the movie are called the Dredge. It's been a long time since I've seen it i have no idea.

wasnt titan AE, this was just the ship and alien worlds the entire time

Bump for interest, sounds like a pretty cool flick.

battle for terra

nope wasn't that, the only characters i remember there being is is the ship and various alien fauna

Flight Of The Navigator?

i don't think so, I distinctly remember it being CG, no humans, and a different voice for the craft. It is curious though how I've come across that film a few times in my search for the actual one i saw years ago

sounds very obscure and too cerebral for an american movie, maybe it was something direct to tv or foreign

I had that thought too, that'll make it even harder to find though :/

Another thing I remembered, sorta, the narrator I think sounded like a calm mix of Jeremy irons and Jude Law

Bump

this?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ark_(2005_film)

I found that and got hopeful but no, the one I remember distinctly had no people in it

the animation quality i remember seems like its from around this time though

Bump!
I wanna help OP out, the movie sounds interesting.

thanks, I remember it being interesting :/

Here's a cgi alien related program. I'm assuming it's not it, but I'm still searching OP
m.imdb.com/title/tt0453446/

Damn that sounds like a cool ass movie, OP. Sorry I can't help but godspeed, I'll be checking back to see if you find it.

bump
you haven't said if it was 2D or 3D

also assuming anime right ?

>that picture looks like a horse foot

Am I the only one who liked that movie?

I wanna watch it

Wall-E

Inter-fucking-Stellar

I am monitoring this thread.

I thought it was maybe a movie based on an Arthur.C.Clarke novel "Rendezvous with RAMA" - but it turns out "humans" are sent to investigate the sentient space ship.

What part of "animation" and "no humans" didn't you read?

OP here
it was a 3D CGI film, it wasn't anime styled at all i don't think

it actually was similar to this in style, like the whole exploration and presentation of alien worlds

I really loved that movie too

What's Blockbuster?

not sure if you're joking, it was a movie rental place, I've actually dug through old receipts i found from there hoping the movies name was on one of them :/

some clarifications on my meager MS paint ship drawing (I seem to remember specifically how much the ship reminded me of the head on the robot from the 1998 Lost In Space movie)

draw a scene to the best of your abilities and see if google can find it

Okay, there are only a handful of CGI films made prior to 2009

It could be Ark (2005)

Now going to check TV shows.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Odyssey_(TV_series)

youtube.com/watch?v=zHzPEpHYtXQ

>Space Odyssey: Voyage to the Planets (released as Voyage to the Planets and Beyond in the United States) is a fictional documentary about a manned voyage...

Please read... just read OPs post two or three more times.

Already been suggested... please read... just read the thread.

Normally i wouldn't be this bothered - but I'm soo curious about what this movie/show is.

People mis-remember shit all the time.
The only feature film that remotely close to it is ARK (2005)

there are a few tv shows that are sorta like it.

There not that many CGI shows or movies from that era.

don't become as obsessed as I have, lol
I'm 90% sure it wasn't The Ark, though some aspects I've seen of it seem familiar

Are you sure it's a movie? I'm pretty sure there have been many sci-fi tv shows with episodes like that.

just take a pic of an avocado

I would also like some helping in trying to remember a movie I watched many years ago. From what I remember it is based in an underground base where they are experimenting on a guy. he begins to change losing his ears etc and has a sort of long meaty tube/spike that comes out of his mouth. I think it ends with him holding on to the bottom of a helicopter trying to get at a woman and a boy but ends up falling to his death. Probably not going to know what I'm talking about since its so little information but its been driving me crazy for years I just can't think what it might be.

It could have been a small series, like 3 parts, but I don't remember it being very long at all. It was definitely its own thing too, not an episode of another established series.

I wonder if it was a TV show as well, as there only a handful of CGI movies that where not 8 year old bait from that era due to some major early failures, and Ark which is not a ideal match is the only one that close.

TV shows there quite a few options

from what i looked up about The Ark it sounds kind of like the backstory the AI talked about, I think, it's hard to remember specifics

OP here, I might fall asleep soon so I wanted to thank you all for your efforts

are you sure you didnt watch an episode of stargate by accident? u just described an SG-1 plot

I watched a movie years ago. I recall it being a comedy film. Don't remember much besides the fact there was a guy in the movie who was severely injured by a bomb and was wrapped in bandages from head to toe except for his middle fingers.

Any clue?

I do love Stargate but no, I distinctly remember renting and putting in the DVD of a specific thing

No idea but I'll give OP a bump because it sounds cool

This?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_computer-animated_films
Godspeed, user

Sounds incredibly familiar

Was there a point where the ship meets another similar ship but the other ship is malfunctioning?

what is that from?
in my tired state I hesitate to say anything for sure but possibly, yes
I checked that before and got nowhere :/

Name?

come to think of it (maybe I'm just tired and wanting to remember things) I'm recalling the ship AI mentioning other vessels and then hope of finding another/not being the last but it was broke and might've had to destroy it.

Final Fantasy Advent Children? xD

Starcraft cutscenes.

Plasmo

Alien Adventure

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

That is the movie you're welcome

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaena:_The_Prophecy

May be is this one since from the ship grows a tree and yours looks like a seed.

found a video of it, got VERY excited for a moment, but I'm pretty certain that wasn't it. The only similarities is aliens, a planet search, and dated CGI :/
ha.ha.ha.
seen that too, also around the same time I think from Blockbuster, not it

a short, cerebral, CGI film... mostly landscapes and space... only one voice the entire film...

definitely sounds like an indie art film/portfolio piece/college project, good luck finding it.

I know, the only reason I have hope is that I rented it from Blockbuster, which means it must have been slightly popular right? Someone somewhere must know what I'm talking about someday :(

I need help finding a movie where a Pumpkinhead like creature was going around eating people's stomachs. I thought the fat guy from Jurassic Park was in but can't find it in his list of films.

At what age did you see it? It sounds like a mash of 4 different movies you think was just one. Everything already suggested sounds like what you're talking about, were you really young?

This? DNA from 1996. I bought a bootleg DVD of it at an asian market. IT seems to be a ripoff of alien and predator simultaneously.

Nah, don't think so. That looks like shit though. I remember being particle effects, not CG. I think the cover had the guy that I thought was Dennis from JP at a desk, turned around looking at the monster that had snuck up on him. I visually remember people's stomachs just being nawed off by it.

I had that thought too but most of the movies it seems similar too I definitely haven't seen, like The Ark, I just learned about today