MAKE
IT
STOP

FUCKING ANGLOS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=75WFTHpOw8Y
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghoti
simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghoti
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>expecting english orthography to make any sense
just give it up m8, you have to learn each word like chinese symbols pretty much

>island
>pronounced i-land
what the FUCK IS THIS SHIT

though
tough

that's actually a pretty funny example
the word used to be spelled 'iland' related to the Icelandic word 'eyland' but dumb anglos thought Latin was cool and thought or wanted the word to be related to the Latin word 'isla' so they changed the spelling even if the words have nothing to do with each other

>great
>grate
this one is okay, th is easy to pronounce

That one's easy and makes kind of sense, th =! t

He's referencing the gh making different sounds in the two words.

God you guys fucking suck at English.

though, tough, through, thorough

A lot of words in English had different pronunciations in Old English. Their pronunciation has changed but their spelling hasn't changed to reflect that.

Is your English the best non native in the world? Thats what Scandis say

Thank you, that's pretty cool

f-fuck off leaf

it's either us, the swedes or the dutch
haven't seen hard comparisons but essentially everyone in those countries under the age of 40 speaks at least passable English

Probably the Dutch.

Their language is pretty similar to ours and their accent is the easiest to understand in my experience.

They say Icelanders pronounce the words right and that the Dutch especially pronounce English like Dutch

that's gonna depend on the speaker
even though English grammar is deceptively similar to Icelandic the two languages sound very different so some Icelanders have very thick accents
this famous video is a good example although her accent is so thick there I think she's probably exaggerating it on purpose
youtube.com/watch?v=75WFTHpOw8Y
others' accents are barely noticeable

isn't stake longer than steak?

>staaake
>stek

Pretty impressive it's not everyday that superstar pop/avant-garde singers explain the role of electrons in tube TV circuitry in their non native language

No, it's pronounced exactly the same.

nevermind then

The stakes were raised when I staked the snake with a steak

Ghoti=fish
enouGH
wOmen (plural)
naTIon

this meme is dumb

No you fucking idiot.

No
Yes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghoti

>steak
>streak

Sorry I forgot to add your language too
simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghoti

youre mean

Maybe your nation should've been bleached by the big ANGLO cock

>Wikipedia

James Olier's son was a fucking retard with no understanding of English apparently. Those letters don't make those sounds when put in those arrangements. There is no word staring with "Gh" that has an "F" sound.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo

>There is no word staring with "Gh" that has an "F" sound.
There is, Ghoti
Jokes aside, it's just an example of the strange irregularities of the English language, where you never know how to pronounce a word by reading it, nor the other way round

brainlet