Dwayne Johnson to be playing as Doc Savage in new movie

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doc_Savage
youtu.be/qUQsozpZUSw?t=2m19s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Remove tattoos and it's perfect

Does he get to wear those goofy cargo pants with the side bulge?

It's okay he gets to play as a white character yet when a white actor plays as a non-white character it's a problem.

You're a fucking idiot. You annoying fucks have been white washing things for year. But oh no, when they put people of color in roles it's time to act like you're being discriminated!

Fuck off back to whatever hole you crawled out of

Aside from Fuck Yeah and Congrats to Shan Black ( he's been trying to make this happen for a while) what is there to say??? That said most of what I know about the Doc comes from Doc Brass so What the fuck do I know ???

No, we're not acting like we're being discriminate. We're pointing out a double-standard.

Non-whites are the FIRST to complain about a non-white character being played by a white actor, yet it's praised when a non-white actor plays a white character.

A bronze skin man playing The Man of Bronze.

Seems alright to me.

By origin Doc Savage's is white.

The codex astartes supports this action.

I like the Rock but literally who?

>Not a natural blonde

Booooo.

Do they seriously expect some pulpshit character to do well in a movie?

This user is correct.

As for pic related.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doc_Savage

"The Worlds First Superhero."

Pretty much ticks off every box save Superman's powers. He was OP before OP was a thing.

>Doc Savage
>White
Man of Bronze retard.

I prefer no hair gives it that old Mystic Power feeling.

>whites can't be bronze

You're fucking dumb, dude. Italians, French, Spaniards, people in the Balkans, Armenians, Georgians.

Doc Samson if Superman and Batman went back in time and had a baby.

Really, there shouldn't be any problem with an actor of a certain race playing a character of a different race, unless said character's race was intrinsic to the story. The problem is that it only went in one direction for the longest time, where characters would just get whitewashed. So it's seen as refreshing to do it the other way around.

Do they seriously want to push some unknown character from 90 years ago in a modern movie?

Fucking nigger, I said by ORIGIN he's white.

Also you can be white with a tan and look bronze.

Yes there should, if your character is taken and made another race, it changes the entire context of them.

Race isn't 'just a label made-up by society.' It's intrinsic to the character, it totally changes their context, the way they would act and react to things, how they might speak.

And in no way is it 'refreshing.' It was rarely done the other way, either.

Yeah but the Rock is bronze and swole so he pretty much looks the part.

Doc Savage isn't really unknown, senpai.

WHO GIVES A SHIT!!!!

Yes he is.

Well actually Race as we know it is a social construct and a pretty recent one at that.

Has capeshit gotten so desperate that now they're gonna dredge up these obscure shitty pulp characters like Doc Samson, The Shadow, Green Hornet, etc for movies? Have we really hit this low?

I'm more than OK with that. I especially like that they've made a point of how fucking weird Doc is compared to normal people, but I'm worried they'll use it for comic relief rather than to create that aura of unnerving oddness around him. Better not have a love interest either.

No, it isn't. You just don't know anything about it.

Go look into some genetics. Genetically distinct groups do, in fact, exist. Race is not a social construct, it's real.

Is there a new Shadow movie I don't know about? because the last one was twenty years ago.

Pic related.

The Shadow was actually pretty good though.

I'm thinking he might be next, I mean fuck, Tarzan is getting a new movie, like who the fuck even knows Tarzan? Who is the audience? Fans of the Disney movie?

>The Rock
>unnerving oddness
How tho? He seems so affable.

Jesus christ people like you are insufferable. These are comic book movies we're talking about. All the characters have to do is be swole and punch things.

Have you ever seen the cover of a a Doc Savage book? It's either CGI a white guy dark, make him lie in a tanning bed until his skin flakes off or get a darker skinned actor. They picked the right guy for the role.

>here's my proof
>a chart
K'

My biggest grip with race bending is that they will cast an actor based on an agenda instead of what the character is supposed to be like. In this case, basing on OP's picture (because I know next to nothing about Doc Savage), this casting is fine since the Rock seems to look the part. Same goes with his casting of Black Adam.

With being said, I can't remember a single instance of race bending that actually bothered me enough to not watch a movie as the majority of these changes are done to characters nobody (me included) really cared about first. And even when that happened and it nagged me, it was just a small enough nuisance that didn't ruined the adaptation.

Only to illiterates such as yourself.

Green Hornet movie already came out in 2011

I saw the trailer for that new Tarzan before Civil War. I didn't even know it was being made. Looks pretty bad. Also, I thought everyone knew about Tarzan. He's arguably the most popular pulp character.

"Oh no, someone called out my shitty narrative that doesn't hold up under scrutiny!"

Go look into the chart. See: the Wikipedia article on IQ. Or you can take a course in genetics. Look into EUpedia which discusses the distance of various European ethnicities.

Okay, then people shouldn't complain about Scarlett Johansson playing as Motoko Kusanagi when she looks very good for the part.

Acting, hopefully.

Go. back. to. /pooooooollllll/.

>inb4 muh Mandarin

I don't care as long as Shane Black is involved. I think he's incompetent at making a well thought out film, and relies on overly extended "look how quirky this person is" moments.

I won't be surprised if in the middle of the movie we get a wacky side character who just fucks around on screen for 5 minutes.

>wops
>original recipe first edition spics
>white
Please.

But ignoring that, you've clearly never read the original Doc Savage stories. The fact that he was not quite a natural color for a human being, almost otherworldly looking, with features that couldn't be defined easily was an important point. He was practically the original special snowflake sparkle-tiny horse OC. If he'd had hetrochromia he'd have had it all.

Personally, I've always assumed he had that sort of Eurasian perfect mixed blood look, but with almost glossy bronze skin, and in a six foot six linebacker of a body.

So, pretty much The Rock in his prime, palette shifted and wearing a suit.

>here's more proof
>wikipedia
0/10 See me after class

Gee wee you sure convinced me with that chart. What are you doing on Sup Forums and not proposing your thesis on an academic level like the other sociologists?

>Implying a pulp superhero movie isn't the only thing cape nowadays that I would be genuinely excited for

A pulp style Shadow movie would be so, so good.

Go back to Tumblr.

>geneticists agree on something (including ones I've met)
>man who discovered DNA thinks it
>Wikipedia is full of citations on the matter
>disagree

I don't need to propose it, it's already well-accepted by geneticists (and people who study IQ).

Funny I always thought he looked a cross between Don Draper and a Bronze colossus....your is better

>I don't need to propose it, it's already well-accepted by geneticists (and people who study IQ).
With a chart and an article on wikipedia?

Which means he's relatively unknown to the majority of the human race.

You're as insufferable as any social justice warrior. A discussion about a comic book movie turns into a wank-fest about genetics to support your racist underpinings. Autist.

I'm totally fine with this, because the Rock is white. Niggers need not reply.

If they were proposing to do a Gray Seal movie I'd agree, but a Doc Savage revival is not a bad thing. He was the original Batman.

Not to mention, it doesn't really hurt white actors at all. There are only so many roles being offered to minority actors, especially non-african american ones. That's what makes Mokoto Kusanagi being played by a non asian so awful. Asian women barely get any roles at all and the one time where a high profile comes down the road it's taken from them.

youtu.be/qUQsozpZUSw?t=2m19s

>Asian women barely get any roles at all and the one time where a high profile comes down the road it's taken from them.

question: who gives a FUCK?

I should go to a majority non-white country and complain about there not being enough white actors then.

Do you guys saw the original from 1975? Catch it in cable a couple of times. Pretty nice.

>anime characters
>Asian

lol

>he doesn't understand Wikipedia article citations

I feel sorry for you, my sub-70 IQ friend.

I didn't say race is a social construct, he did. I didn't say blackwashing is good, he did.

UPCOMING PROJECTS STARRING DWAYNE JOHNSON LIST

Central Intelligence with Kevin Hart: This month

Ballers season 2 on HBO: Summer

Moana with Disney: November

Fast 8 with Vin Diesel: April 2018

Baywatch with Zac Efron: May 2018

Jumanji with Kevin Heart and Jack Black: Late 2017

Jungle Cruise with Disney: 2018

Rampage, based on the video game: Date unannounced

Big Trouble in Little China: Date unannounced

San Andreas 2: Date unannounced

Shazam: date unannounced

Janson Directive, beginning of planned Jason Bourne Cinematic Universe: date unannounced

Doc Savage: Date unannounced

It came on during a family get together once and K told my dad "You'll know the hero when he shows up." Clark shows up, there's a big gleam off his tooth and my dad groaned and walked off, heh.

>Big Trouble in Little China: Date unannounced

wut

>Big Trouble in Little China

NOOOO WHY DOES THIS NEED TO HAPPEN?

>San Andreas 2

What? Another earthquake?

I bet it willd be
>San Andreas: Aftershock

Doc is a white guy who looks bronze

The Major looks Asian which in anime/manga means looking white

I'm white. So according to your chart, my IQ should be at least 100pts. Check mate, fag.

No, you're just really pale despite being fathered by nigs. Your adopted white parents just don't have the heart to tell you of your "roots," Sambo.

Will he keep his Fortress of Solitude? Isn't his name Clark? Didn't Siegel and Shuster rip that off?

White Power!!!

That's not how averages work. You're currently proving you BOTH don't have 100 IQ points, because you can't read a chart correctly.

It's showing proportionality based on race: whites mostly fall into the 100+ range, Asians mostly into the 110+ range, but as you can see, there is an amount behind that, but fewer than among Hispanics/blacks. You seem to fall squarely on that nice little 85.

These are ALSO adjusted based on income/economic status and access to education.

Nice job posting a picture of a Chinese guy with your text. Real good work.

>cherrypick an image
>impact font

You sure showed me, Tumblr! :^) Guess I'm #feelinthebern

You mean to tell me that my IQ is ten points higher than a coon's? Yipee! That's the best news I've heard all dang day!

No, it might be. You still don't understand averages.

You also don't understand how big 10 IQ points is, given less than 75 is literal mental retardation.

John Carter had potential but it didn't do so well

Tarzan, well everyone forgets he's that old, and he has a new movie coming out

Listen here, Kalamazoo. I'll take the compliment and we'll leave it at that. We're both on the same side, here, after all.

Does IQ points works the same way as 40k points? Because I got like 800 pts of orks.

>Kalamazoo
>trying to imitate a 'white trash redneck'
>uses the name of a town in Michigan, in the North

Confirmed nigger from Detroit with no knowledge of geography. Go home, Jamal.

I love the Rock, I'm glad he's getting these kinds of roles because he seems genuinely excited about them. He's pumped about being Black Adam.

>Oh boy I can't wait to read a thread about how Shane Black is bringing his dream project to the big screen and cast a perfect actor for the role!