Other urls found in this thread:

viewcomic.com/dc-universe-rebirth-001-2016/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Flash
>Action Comics
>Detective Comics
>Wonder Woman
>Aquaman

What are you reading next week Sup Forums?

there's a few books I'm still worried about but overall it seems like things are going pretty well

Wondy, Flash and Aquaman

I'm real hype for WW

Wonder Woman hype

Wondy and Aquaman

I'm gonna try Abnett Aquaman and Hellblazer.

Detective Comics.
Batwoman's one of those characters it's obvious the writers at DC really like her, but they've had trouble figuring out what to do with her for ages.

Crossing my fingers it won't be awful this time.

she shouldn't be a bat character
I wish it wasn't necessary to latch on the batman to sell

I gotta say other than the main Rebirth one-shot these have all been letdowns so far.

>le strong version of a male character
>is a lesbian too!
>also cooler than Batman kids! We swear!

I guess it's okay when DC does it

>she shouldn't be a bat character

This. But she's stuck with it now.

Not the guy you replied to, but I've always felt that way with Azrael. I mean he's a pretty interesting character, almost like DC's take on Moonknight (yes, I'm aware of how redundant that sounds)

GA was way better than expected

Everything with Superman.

I liked Green Arrow. GLs and Batman were a bit disappointing

I'm only buying Flash and Wondy. Might pick up Action though, the idea of Superlex amuses me.

I never buy Batbooks because it's a waste of money, they sell regardless. Aquaman I'm not sold on it, I've never been a big Aquaman fan even when he's had really good runs during New 52. I can only read about Atlantis' political problems so much.

That's because they're just glorified previews to lay the ground work for new readers. I imagine the actually main books will be better.

>>le strong version of a male character
>>is a lesbian too!
>>also cooler than Batman kids! We swear!
>I guess it's okay when DC does it
Its ok when its fucking written well and with some of the greatest artwork in the history of comics.
And she isn't cooler or trying to be cooler then Batman she is actually pretty different.
She is mostly focused on Supernatural threats.

Is this another reboot?

What about new 52?

Sorry I have been away from comics for a long time.

Read...
viewcomic.com/dc-universe-rebirth-001-2016/

It's a retcon megapack with a relaunch

no and the new 52 is continuing

they had an 80 page one-shot a couple of weeks ago, you should just read it

WW & Aquaman

What was so good about Rebirth #1? As somebody with no nostalgia for pre-Flashpoint and no care for "love, hope, legacy" and such, is it worth reading?

You forgot
>has legitimately good comics
Not that you read those.

You could easily get Azrael away from the Batman mythos, you just need a writer to give a shit about the character (unlikely).

>M-M-Make DC g-great again
>m-movies don't matter anyway
>fucking m-mouse shills

>Batman never had good comics xD

Yeah, sure

I am as hype as anybody for bringing back the real DCU and reversing the reboot but are any of the books actually shaping up to be good?

The reboot was pretty fucked but we had Morrison on Action Comics as well as finishing the Bat Epic, Johns on Aquaman, Lemire on Animal Man, Azz on Wonder Woman, China on Dial H, etc.

Is there any book that should get me excited specifically for Rebirth other than King on Batman? Or is all the hype just DC acknowledging and reversing a fuck up that never should have happened in the first place?

Isn't she being brought into the fold, sort of? Won't that solve your main issue?
I'm a big lazy casual, though, and I haven't really read up on Rebirth a whole lot at all, so what do I know?

I'm not sure what you're getting at. She was written as an interesting character with tons of personal baggage and drama that pulled me in. The supernatual angle is kind of original, ish,
and the art is fantastic, and I love her colour scheme and her costume is rad.

There's a bunch of stuff to like, methinks.

Rebirth #1 is only good if you are really irritated with the New 52 conceptually.

Rebirth as an initiative is all of the good stuff of the New 52, but focused on rebuilding the stuff people missed.

Well all we've had so far are one shots that seem to be more like issue 0s

Green Arrow's was good but the others were just alright imo

Aquaman and Wonder Woman have good previews so far so their oneshots might be good

>I am as hype as anybody for bringing back the real DCU and reversing the reboot

This isn't what's happening kemosabe.

So it'd be better to just read the Rebirth one-shots and news #1s that I'm interested in? Because I never really gave a damn about pre-Flashpoint/New 52 either way.

I mean you might as well read the #1 since it's a primer for what they're planning to do with the overarcing story, but you don't NEED to.

well you should read the Rebirth special since it sets up several things that will likely be continued in other books, also it was pretty enjoyable on its own

Fuck off Sup Forums.

>Batwoman and Wonder Woman
>Amazing chemistry together in their crossover
>Let's give Diana a team-up book with Superman instead as Clark's girlfriend

>let's dyke wondy instead
your ideas aren't any better, chum

>uses guns
>beated Batman to a pulp
>entire batfamily bowed down to her and was amazed by her
>not "cooler"

>Batwoman and Wonder Woman
>Amazing chemistry together in their crossover

That's not true

I'd love to read more supernatural buddy cop stories with these two.

>amazing chemistry

Literally where
It was a neat team up but come on man

You know I am excited about a male Wondy Legacy character but I am a bit worried about this brother stuff. On Rucka I trust I guess.

That can justify it through any contrived event comic they want, that's still exactly what's happening.

Except that isn't really what happened. Cass still has the Mother origin for example.

same

I have always been really curious to see how a legit male Amazon would play out and since the abandoned male children from Azz's run went absolutely nowhere I am interested to see what Rucka does

I think it can lead to any anti-male sentiment in the amazon world slowly getting extinguished. And it's about time.

I don't need to read the story about how Diana is having trouble with her sisters on Themyscyra because they're doubtful of her and how the world of man influenced her, yada yada yada.

Enough.

The first 5732 times were enough. DC should move to a narrative where amazon doesn't mean negatively-dispositioned-to-dicks anymore.

Continuity Patch != Deboot

Zero Hour didn't deboot COIE, stop being stupid. New 52 canon is still the one the universe operates on.

>uses guns
>beated Batman to a pulp
>entire batfamily bowed down to her and was amazed by her
When exactly has any of these things happened?

There seems to be some confusion what the "10 years were stolen" plotpoint from Rebirth was all about.

Wally didn't BRING BACK those years. Those years are never coming back. It's simply an explanation for the strange age discrepancies and character relationships that were never established.

She does use guns. Just non lethal rounds.

I think CamStew had Batgirl fawn over her? But Snyder had Jason shill the fuck out of Babs and I think that was worse personally.

Not much. The previews for Batman and Superman were underwhelming. Abnett's Aquaman has been very mediocre, and I've no interest in Jurgens on Action. I guess I'm into Wonder Woman, but I don't like the split storyline thing they're doing. Might look into Blue Beetle when it happens.

I'm just waiting for Shazam.

>tfw Shazam is written by Lobdell

You should check out Aquaman. It looks different than his quirky lesbian issues he recently wrote, based on his interview and the preview of the rebirth issue.

The fuck are you going on about?

Asspained Marvel fans can't stand the idea that people actually enjoy decent comics.

Buying Wonder Woman and Titans, going to read Flash and Aquaman on Sup Forums first to see if I want to drop money on them.