Can you tell me zombie movies/television shows that did it better than The Last of Us...

Can you tell me zombie movies/television shows that did it better than The Last of Us? I really don't think you can desu. If TLOU was a movie it would easily be the best zombie movie ever made hands down.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JbcuK8WBKE8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A zombie movie without zombies?

Dawn of the Dead (2004)

Romero's Day of the Dead

Video games are for loser virgins, so I'd say any move or show about zombies is better.

>kill an entire army alongside a little girl
>best zombie movie

Not even.

obviously I'm referring more to the cinematic bits and story/acting/script you fucking retard

The Girl With the Gifts or whatever it was called is probably the closest to a TLoU movie you'll get for now. It has the same fungus zombies that react to sound, the same basic plot of surrogate parent having to take care of young girl who might hold the key to a cure in her body but that has to be killed in order to extract it and the same aesthetics with the ruined city covered in vegetation. It's an alright movie.

these are all shit

Is there any tropes in TLOU that we haven't seen a million times before? TLOU is the definition of high budget safe garbage. It impressed gamer babies because the medium is decades behind the movie medium.

>implying they ever fight a whole army at once and aren't always at least in marginally believable situations

everyone forgets about 28 days later

Huge spoilers if you haven't seen it yet:

youtube.com/watch?v=JbcuK8WBKE8

Came here to post this
>inb4 hurr durr its rabies not zombies

its good but nothing compared to tlou. tlou is far deeper than 28 days later.

something done well is still something done well

the last of us is only a good video game world, the narrative is cliche (get the girl to the safe zone) and nothing interesting happens until the ending which is a "huge twist" even though it is obvious if you think about the mode of infection for a second

>Deeper?
Explain.

>tlou
>deep

come on now

Day of the Dead is zombie kino. Mainly because it is completely different from pretty much every zombie movie ever created.

you obviously didnt get the point of the story and joel's decision at the end. he chooses ellie's life over saving humanity, but was humanity even worth saving? that's the whole point of tlou.

woah woah woah. it's a plot for simpletons, even the relationships between the characters don't compare to 28 days later or the dog in i am legend. it would be pretty shit as a movie lets be real here

It is obvious they didn't have the infrastructure to distribute a cure even if they obtained it.

TLOU technically does not have zombies

Z Nation

Z Nation is a lot deeper than TLoU in A single episode.

Not even joking, I hate this movie, I cannot fathom why everyone loves it, up until when he meets the girl is great, but the rest is shit.

Shit soundtrack and looks like it was shot on a blackberry phone.

Jeeeeeem!

I saw Resident Evil (2002) the other day. Was surprised that 28 Days Later's beginning ripped RE off so bad (waking up in the hospital then going outside to see the city destroyed). Then The Walking Dead ripped off the other two lol.

Nah, I don't think so user. The last of us is very basic. It only has a deep story in the videogames medium. The only videogame with a story worthy of being translated to other medium would be maybe Soma.

TLOU's story is trash that we've all seen a million times before. If it was anything other than a video game it would have been accepted run of the mill mediocre shit and forgotten a long time ago.

The only reason this shit heap is so highly praised is simply because the standards for video games are so low and because manchildren are easily manipulated by "m-m-muh daughterfu".

>playing video games in the first place
Fucking grown-up, seriously.

The walking Dead comic predates RE

>grow up
>coming for a Sup Forums chantard
hah

who cares? twd is aids.

Ellie is so cute

I was like 8 years old when I was bored going through my parents VHS collection looking for something to watch. Popped in Day of the Dead. That first scene with the hands coming through the wall scared the fuck out of me. Turned it off and didn't end up watching it all the way through until I was like 16.

Probably not scary in current times, but that movie had a huge impact on my younger self.

The plot is quite basic, that is true, but the interaction between Joel and Ellie is what sells it for me. I'm a sucker for dialogue driven movies, so seeing a movie based on TLOU could be quite good. Gorgeous visuals paired with intelligent writing, now that's something I worth seeing on a big screen.

You've obviously never read the comics. So good.

TLoU isn't even the best "zombie"(because they're not technically zombies) game. Dead Space was a better game with a more interesting story until 3 shit the bed

dead space is casual fruit loops. a real dumbing down of the survival horror genre.

RE 2 > RE > Dead Rising

>RE 2 > RE
lol no. you're such a pleb. however we've on Sup Forums so I'll leave it at that. you really are a gigantic pleb though, not memeing.

I don't know if your opinions are the result of genuine retardation or you're just an ebin ruseman, but good lord, user.

Dead Rising doesnt have any zombie, they're bees.

Zombie Movie 101
>Strong male protagonist
>Family is killed
>Befriend someone you wouldn't normally if there wasn't a zombie Apocolypse
>Learn how to protect yourself, find weakness to zombies
>Search for a CURE
>Survive

It's every fuckin zombie shit. How much longer can everyone milk this? It's cream cheese by now

You realize this game is just a rip off of children of men right?

It's just RE4 in space with better writing & atmosphere, I don't think it's that dumbed down. At least it isn't worse than anything RE's done post-4
>talk about offtopic shit on Sup Forums
>good discussion
>talk about offtopic shit on Sup Forums
>bad discussion like this
Really jostles my brain gel

People act like TLOU's story can't be good because it's from a videogame and that automatically makes it shit. Or they insist that it is super-predictable just because it's set in a post zombie apocalypse. These people are ignorant though, and think it's pretentious for a videogame to even try and have a good plot comparable to that of a movie. Most typically just hate on it because of muh "Citizen Kane of gaming" reviews

You forgot
>meet young/vulnerable girl who becomes your family surrogate

Video game can have interesting stories. Don't confuse good VA performances with a good story. TLoU is touted as a watershed moment in storytelling by retards who get those two confused.

I miss Lee.

Single player lacks replayability that RE, Dead Space & Dead Rising has & the story is less interesting than Silent Hill. Multiplayer is fun and the characters, while predictable, are decent enough. That lack of replayability is what kills it for me, personally. I think all modern ND games have that issue though

As an aside can someone offer up a list of good zombie films for me to check out.

I love the genre, its mindless fun.

Rammbock. It's zombie-like, though the people are more like 28 Days later than night of the living dead. It takes place in an apartment complex and doesn't have the typical zombie movie archetype characters.

the last three are not givens at all. There are lots of zombie medias where they do not look for a cure or even survive at the end, and where finding the zombies weakness is not a plot point at all

TLOU is the one that popularized this trope

I replayed the shit out of it because of the brutality of the combat. I don't see how you can say RE or Dead Space are more replayable when they are just as linear. Just load up chapter select if you want to skip to the fights

I think Day of the Dead was the first to explore the cure trope.

The Walking Dead telltale game beat TLoU by a year on the daughter simulator interactive movie front

I miss Lee

MGS2's story is just a simulation of the Shadow Moses incident with vampires, you bozo.

they were written independently at around the same time. TLOU took four years to make, TWD game only took one

thanks, i'll check it out.

>Resident Evil (2002)
>The Walking Dead (2003)

BTFO

TLOU is like a shitty melodramatic tv show, you can tell that's what they were going for

>Then The Walking Dead ripped off the other two lol.
Kirkman said explicitly that the beginning Walking Dead is homage to 28 Days Later, which also came out the same time as the first RE movie.

A polished turd is still a turd

>technical mastery, but more subtly
THE ICE CUBES

there's no such thing as a polished turd. It's either a turd or it isn't

TLoUs story is extremely mediocre and only praised because it's in a medium not known for stories

It's not bad, but claiming it's "deep" is beyond retarded
It's just a simple story about a man and a child bonding, nothing special about that

It's sad actually, there was plenty of room for some contemporary commentary or more thought-provoking dilemmas, but it's simplified so the videogame plebs can have something to jerk over with their tiny brains

Linearity isn't my issue with it, I just don't enjoy it much on repeat playthroughs. I don't think the combat is as brutal as you say, and the level design just isn't as good as classic RE or as interesting as Dead Space

>not thought provoking
Nah, people still argue about whether or not the ending was justified to this very day. That hardly even happens with movies, let alone linear videogames

People argue because there's hardly anything else worth discussing in videogame stories

In movies, you can have discussions like that about a shitton of them

The medium is all about stories. The zombies are just a plot device.

Zombie movies(the good ones) are character driven.

it was the only genuinely interesting thing that happened by subverting the altruistic expectations players have for main characters. All that good was undone by that painfully pandering valentines dlc. It's not often you can point to a game and say "This is where the devs decided to remind you they're progressive" but we sure can here.

the combat is super brutal

people still argue about Twin Peaks and that is old as fuck.

There's been plenty of good vidya stories like Pathologic & Planescape Torment the problem is normies don't like them. TLoU is just the easily digestable Oscar-bait of video games.
The Fireflies are incapable of distributing the cure, they couldn't even travel out to bring their leader to HQ. This debate is retarded

No one is forcing you to play the DLC. It's just fluff characterization for Ellie anyway

Still disagree, and flashy animations aren't changing my mind. If this was Dead Space Joel would've ripped that guys arm off & TK'd it at him. Even if DS wasn't brutal I could just go play something like Ninja Gaiden

it was like they thought people wouldn't get the hint that Bill was gay so they went turbogay with it in the dlc

>people screech about how you should write a subtle LGBT character
>needs it spelt out to them when an obvious gay character is obviously gay

> If this was Dead Space Joel would've ripped that guys arm off & TK'd it at him.

Maybe in a special QTE. All you do in dead space is shoot shit and stomp on corpses as you watch them gib. The only things that are truly brutal are the player death animations and some of the NPC deaths in the cutscenes.

I like the Dead Space Event-Horizon style setting better than the cliche zombie apocalypse setting too, but let's not lie to ourselves

>maybe in a qte
Or shoot the limbs off, you know, the whole gimmick necromorphs are built upon. You can just pick up their limbs after and toss them back, and depending on the part it might do a lot of damage

>did it better
Did what better? Cunnies? No, nobody did that better.

Ninja Gaiden had more story than tlou and its an ibit nintendo game with no cutscenes.

>he chooses ellie's life over saving humanity, but was humanity even worth saving? that's the whole point of tlou.
It's so sad that you think this is deep

>is it justifiable to kill human race because of POWER OF LOVE
We're hitting Nolan levels of discussion here

>it's another "sonygger tries peddling his garbage on Sup Forums instead of posting it on Sup Forums" episode

I meant the Itagaki games, but you're not wrong

Ah, I wasn't sure what you meant by "TK'd." I thought when you said ripping that guys arm off you didn't mean shooting it off.
That's still not that brutal though; brutal means shocking and realistic. You're talking about gravity-gunning freakish monsters as a faceless futuristic space man, not mercilessly executing other human beings because you play as a complete bastard.

>there's no such thing as a polished turd.
I don't think you understand what that term even means, retard.

There's absolutely nothing to debate here.

I didn't say it was 'deep', I said it was 'deeper' than the other zombie schlock, which it is.

>TloU
>Deeper than anything

But tlou is basically a movie sonygger

And yet here we are :^)

Romero's flicks are actually pretty deep. Even Land of the Dead was pretty deep. Deeper than TLOU surely

hahahahaha

If you think that there is even a debate here you're a fucking idiot. Joel did nothing wrong and the story blatantly spells that out for you. All the voice recording blatantly spell out that the fireflies were retarded and even if they had a vaccine it would have done absolutely nothing by that point. Vaccines are for preventative purposes. The fact that zombies are running rampant already would make a vaccine worthless. Not to mention that most people who run into the zombies get their throats ripped out. Most people don't survive with just an infection.

The fact that you think that slop was deep in any capacity just proves you're a fucking retard.