So my 90 year old grandfather just finished putting in a new bathroom floor in his home...

So my 90 year old grandfather just finished putting in a new bathroom floor in his home. Will his generation be the last generation of real men? He was a bombardier in WW2 and rained death on Nazis across France and Germany. He rebuilt his motorcycle at age 87.

No nu-male will ever come close to his life of achievements. Are real men being lost in today's society?

Bitch please, that's snap-in laminate, my 3-year-old could do that

It's not. He cut it all in his shop and hand finished it himself.

Maybe the trim/siding, but that looks like the same snap-in laminate I put in my living room and hallway, just lighter

>fought against the nazis
>real man
choose one.

The post WW2 generation was also able to afford their own homes and wasnt bogged down with bureaucratic nonsense every time they wanted to change a light bulb

>fake wood in a bathroom

>wood laminate in the bathroom
>didn't replace that shitty wood paneling
>didn't replace that ugly wallpaper

While we're on the subject, who puts wood flooring in their bathroom?

>He was a bombardier in WW2 and rained death on Nazis across France and Germany.

you mean he killed a bunch of women and children when the war was already over and the german army was old men and teenagers. what a great achievement, those nazis sure got rekt.

and he actually managed to put together some laminate boards while having to saw a few to size?

is your grandfather literally jesus himself?

>Are real men being lost in today's society?

Yes.

t. 47 year old man

Well if it doesn't have a bathtub/shower in it, I guess it would be okay

90 year old men? He built his own carpentry shop and has always done projects like building furniture for family, gardening shacks, etc. Also, he is 90, afterall, I don't think he's up for doing tile work.

Are you saying that you're a nu male?

I think what user means is all that wood is going to get ruined when (not if) the sink/terlet breaks

>Wood paneling
Am I in a hidden jew thread?

>snap in laminate flooring into the bathroom
You grandpa didn't even read the manual. You're supposed to put that into dry spaces.

The whole point of snap-in laminate is to imitate real wood. If you look at the grain, it doesn't repeat itself every 3-4 strips like laminate does.

Looks terrible, if by men you mean old geezers who crawl around and suffer great effort for floors that suck ass then yes.

then it's some luxury laminate that doesn't repeat every 3-4 strips

It still looks like laminate, but if grandpa really put all that work into making wood flooring by hand in his workshop, then I'd be worried about his mental health

wood floors do not belong in a bathroom

>bathroom floor
>not choosing tile

Ishiggydiggydo

i like this post

it parodies the typical stormfag response to krauts getting shat on by other users.

>Wood
>Bathroom

Ever heard of humidity?
Get your old man into the respective facilities, he's about to go Alzheimer. Wait when he tries to rebuild the TV with wood.

now real men anymore; now all they do is post on imageboards

While I think it's true that war will turn boys into men very rapidly, there have always been unmotivated pussies. A nu-male, a layabout, a professional student, if someone doesn't want to do jack with their life, they will find a way. Although I do find it depressing how few guys my age (19) know how to do anything at all practical. Most of my peers at college are fuckboys who don't even know what a 2x4 is and can only cook meals with instructions on the box. The nu-male epidemic is very real, and they are the perfect consumers.

>tfw act and kind of look like a nu-male
>but I know how to do shit like lay tile, fix cars, and cook

So am I just a "layabout" or what pigeonhole meme do I fall into

Hope your grandfather decides to epoxy coal and seal the endgrain on that or it'll swell like a mofo.

there's millions of mexicans, in their youth, who can do what your stupid cac grandfather did.

coat*

Learn from the prior generations. Nothing is stopping any of us from learning skills or trades. I learned mechanics from my father in law who has now passed, he was a Vietnam vet. I've learned tons of handyman type skills from my step dad, plumbing, drywall, carpentry, electrical..

It's good to pick up these skills. It saves money and gives you satisfaction of knowing the work was done properly, plus it's a great time for bonding. After every project we talk finances, family, religion, and politics.

There's more to life than work and video games. It's ok to have entertainment style hobbies, but the satisfaction and pride of firing up your first rebuilt engine, laying the final stone of a new walkway, nailing the last piece of siding, is second to none. Become a man by learning from men.

90 years is too much, you should push him down the stairs.
Old farts should have a life limit of 75, after wich their existence should be ended.

>wood flooring near a water source

gramps is losing it m8

>wood floor ruined by water..
Yeah, men haven't been building ships out of wood for centuries.
Just proved how much if a numale you all are by not knowing what woods to use around water.
BTW OP bomber planes were essentially pretty slow moving targets and their crews had the highest mortality rates in the air core. It was a shitty job to have during the war, but he did it like a real man does, because it had to be done.
But I work with a lot of Nam era vets, and they all know how to work with their hands and get shit done as well.
I see them as a resource for when I'm trying to get shit done. They pretty much know how to do anything, and don't mind telling you all about it.
Good for you giving the old man the respect he deserves. Learn as much from him as you can, while you can.

you seriously think people back in the day would just make a ship out of wood and put it in the water without coating it in anything?

Do you seriously just think the old man just laid bare wood down?
I've sanded, calked and painted and polyed wooden boats before. Have you?

i can do all the handywork like that shit
roofing, drywall, floors, plumbing ect
i work in a steel mill doing mundane welding jobs like repairing train cars and stupid shit like that
just helped build a deck for my sister and her husband
i do all the work on my own cars / family cars as well
i dunno man its strange cause i dont really fit in with anyone my age. all my friends are just older dudes i work with and we typically just meet up at the bar and bullshit while watching sports. i fucking hate watching sports though.
im 26
/blog

>be beta faggot
>idealize grandfather
>wow must be a generational thing, yeah that's why Im a beta faggot
Lmao come on dude

>some skinny fat loser LARPer

>making fun of anyone manhood

lol

He should have at least placed the door threshold under the door, amateur as fuck.

Age isn't an excuse for shitty interior finish selections.

Well when he gets done with that. I've got some work for him to do over at my house. Also my grandpa was a radio man in the wwii bombers

He put wooden floors in a bathroom? Holy shit, what a dumbass.

You just look like a faggot. That's it.

I can do this stuff but only when I am feeling patient.

>Also, he is 90, afterall
So what? my 137 year old grandpa build his own house from 3 wooden sticks and a old shoe

oh cool

If it is real wood have fun with that wet rot.
>it's laminate
Which in theory would be about as good as vinyl sheet

>wood floor in the bathroom

What the fuck? Can he not afford tiles with radiant heating?

Which theory is that?

Your grandfather was forced into a war he didn't want to fight and grew up in a shitty era of Republican-led wars and their following depressions.

He was a victim of the Republican party, and their tightwad ways continue to rot his brain. He could have paid a local small business to fix his floor, but instead he risked a heart attack or structural issues with the home by pretending to do it properly himself. I doubt he even got a permit.

Tell your grandfather to move into a nursing home and stop being a stubborn old bastard.

That you can't properly get moisture out from underneath so it slowly rots the subfloor and becomes a pretty good environment for mold. But, it's cheap enough compared to tile that you'd replace it often.
The other thing about real wood is it will swell and shrink from season to season, why exacerbate the problem with a humidity nightmare?

How can you tell what kind of subfloor he has?

>I doubt he even got a permit.
kys
why use vinyl instead of tiles?

everyone knows that bathrooms are supposed to have tiles, vinyl is for kitchens and dining rooms (to make cleaning up spills easier).

Did you see how he did it? Did he completely cover the underside with contact glue? Otherwise you know that water will find its way down there and it will always be wet underneath, right?

>he doesn't believe in permits

Kid, it's past your bed time.

>thinking you need a building permit to change finishes
kek
t. architect

It's not vinyl, looks like laminate to me.

Nobody gives a fuck about your crusty-ass granpappy's stupid floor or his fratricide against the man trying to stop the kikes. Do him a favor and put his old ass down. Reclaim your white honor.

>he thinks he doesn't need a permit to make changes to the structure

I do this for a living, kid. It's in the code of 47 of the 50 states.

tell you grandpa he could have had a bunch of illegal's do inferior workmanship install on a floor a little less cheaply than hiring an American.

Then he could have helped illegal foreigners displace his own kin, while bowing down to globalism

>be an autistic NEET
>watch my granpappy lay some linoleum in the fucking BATHROOM
>being a sheltered NEET, this is the most hands on thing ive ever seen with my own eyes
>waddle back to my bedroom to post about it on Sup Forums

>home depot prefab
>real flooring

That's not talent my dad is carpenter so let me tell ya that's not skill

Fought the wrong in WW2 good job

raised a kid whose kid lead a life that lead him to post on Sup Forums

Should I stop? there is more

The faggots in these replies are triggered af lol

wow, why didn't you do it for him? you fucking baby, he's 90.

Well good for you special snowflake

And my 60 year old mom with dementia was just recently put into the nursing home
Life ain't fair

Everybody's a home improvement expert.

That kind of floor is more like plastic than wood.

This. Jesus fucking Christ, it's like none of these faggots know how to pop a battery pack into a power drill or run a tape measure. It isn't "real man" work, it's basic routine home maintenance. Your grandfather is a fraud, OP.

I keked

Thanks Höfer

>He was a bombardier in WW2 and rained death on Nazis across France and Germany.

And thanks to him, your generation is cucked nu-males.

This. I'm 25 and have owned my home for 3 years. I laid a 400 square foot paver/cement deck out on my back patio where there was just dirt. I've replaced tile floors, shed ceiling panels, etc. etc. You just pick this shit up after you own a home because shit eventually gets old and wears out - like the goddamn wood in that damp af bathroom. Jesus Christ gandpa you should have stuck to killing German civilians.

Tile work isn't more physically demanding than carpentry.

Cutting tile is harder than cutting wood imho

Laminate doesn't repeat either, at least not in a noticeably. It's definitely laminate. The shiny smooth surface and the noticeable seams are telling signs.

>hardwood in a bathroom

and people wonder how their generation fucked everything up.

>laminate in bathroom
Your grandfather is losing it. A real man knows laminate soaks up water like a sponge.

Time to send him to the old folks home.

That's definitely not real wood. It may be rare for men to do work in America, but in Australia everyone does a bit of building, welding, auto repair and the like.

>he thinks everything is ironic posting

More likely, it's OP himself who did the work. He's just using his grandfather as a shield.

>muh grandpa killed da evil nazis

enjoy your mulatto grandchildren OP

Your grandfather and his whole awful generation doomed all of mankind.

I hope he burns to death in his shitty house.

It's kind of funny though, isn't it?
The more self aware people in our generation want to revert back to the 60s and learn skills like carpentry, and yet people from the 60s who are still working are desperately trying to figure out how to utilize the new technology that is needed to be a professional in our era.

Just last week one of my co-workers told me he taught himself how to use a computer (He was very proud of this) "There were a lot of hurdles, it was probably a month or two until I realized there was a "right-click""

This.
>Jew puppets who foolishly fought the Nazis
>ended racial segregation in the west
>sold all manufacturing to Asia
>stayed in their jobs too long and left no opportunities for the younger generations
>promoted Jewish agenda in the media
>tried to destroy agriculture
>ruined the housing market
Awful people.

The rich are trying to act like the poor, the are poor trying to act like the rich, the white collared worker is trying to act like a blue collared worker, etc.