Is there any western show that's animated better than Gravity Falls?

Is there any western show that's animated better than Gravity Falls?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ABXSwsnlmPc
youtube.com/watch?v=Rv3Hoxs7PUk
youtube.com/watch?v=f3OAvR-XmdU
youtube.com/watch?v=S2K2XT93LV4
youtube.com/watch?v=XtZhDtwYVkc
youtube.com/watch?v=JOjVHNOYm-8
dailymotion.com/video/x3na503
youtube.com/watch?v=ccC6LcqwS5Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ONE PUUUUUUUUNCH!!!!

Pig Goat Banana Cricket

mediocre cartoon aside, that animation is really fluid

Loads, Gravity Falls rarely, if ever, impressed me with its animation. What a bizarre thread
Korra, Avatar, Wakfu and Gumball just to name a few.

Boondocks
youtube.com/watch?v=ABXSwsnlmPc

>Korra
>better animation than GF
Surely, you jestin

How dare you mock our pain?

youtube.com/watch?v=Rv3Hoxs7PUk

First A:tLA. Though that was done in Korea, so I wouldn't count it as "western" at all.

avatar and boondocks are pretty great anime

W O Y
O
Y

mediocre

Was good, but some of those shots were ripped right out of the Cowboy Bebop movie

If it needs to be exclusively animated in a western country you'll be very limited in scope. I don't think there's a cartoon in America animated in the states since the 80's

OP never specified a time period.

I want to hug them because they seem so upset.

There were very few series before the 80's that I'd consider well animated in any degree. Hell quality animation only came to syndicated tv series when they realized Koreans and Japanese will animate for pennies on the dollar. The best animation I've ever seen is when big American studios pay TMS to animate for them.

The TMS episodes of Batman TAS are probably the pinnacle of well animated 'western' cartoons

youtube.com/watch?v=f3OAvR-XmdU

fluid but not particularily interesting.

You'll note that there's very little motion in the tweens.

When the ghost grabs the bottle, there's maybe 5 frames before it goes to the drinking animation loop, which holds for almost a second.

I think the ripping friends had some quality animation though. But it's been a long time since I watched that

Venture Bros. is the pinnacle of western animation

The Mighty Monarch is the pinnacle of Venture Bros.

Dr. The Mighty Monarchs Wife is the pinnacle of the Mighty Monarch

And her pinnacle is her smoky voice. There is no way to deny these truths

youtube.com/watch?v=S2K2XT93LV4
IIRC this episode was animated by either TMS or Sunrise.

Look carefully at the blowback when Count Vertigo fires the sonic disruptor.

The way his cape flows backwards, and then his shoulders fly back and lock up to the weapon.

The swirly eye thing and glowing gun barrel are cheesy as all hell, but it's so smooth and weighted

youtube.com/watch?v=XtZhDtwYVkc

Alex can fuck off. He ended the show way too fuckin' early

Spongebob
Simpsons
South Park

Just to name a few.

Amazing World of Gumball.
It also has better writing and better spoopy mystery town.

There's some bit in Gumball where Gumball's body parts move around and I was really impressed by how smooth it was.

>wakfu
Granted I've only watched a few episodes so far but the animation seems like flash-tier garbage to me. Does it get better?

>Does it get better?
Maybe.

Gumball has the best animation. There was one episode where Gumball was jumping out of an airplane and there were just fucking beautiful camera angles. He's jumping off of objects in the sky to save Bobert the robot and the objects were so well rendered they looked real.

youtube.com/watch?v=JOjVHNOYm-8

>It's a shallowly copy Eva fight scenes episode

So every episode then?

Outside of "they are big" what aspect of this is a copy of Eva? It's as much a copy of Godzill vs Gamera.

Wander Over Yonder, again, forgotten.

I would've mentioned it sooner but I didn't want to look like a fool.

The Mr. Peabody and Shemran Show isn't greatly animated but sure is pretty to look at and is better animated than almost every toon animated in Canada (shows like Star vs.' first five episodes and LPS included).
dailymotion.com/video/x3na503

[OP reply]
To this day I have not found a single show that is as consistently well-animated and visually detailed (at least in the backgrounds) as GF. Gumball comes close but it's more impressive in the way it blends the mixed media together. Then there's Avatar and Batman TAS which look gorgeous but are from a pre-HD time.

>flashy action sequences = quality

are you 12?

>fluidity
>color
>detail
>creativity
>"flashy"
You got me

Most of them, if you think GF's animation quality is anything but mediocre you're a deluded fanboy.

They don't look better, Avatar/Korra just have more detail when GF has alot more frames.
Japanese pay check per episode when outsourcing=$5000-15,000
Korean pay check per month when outsourcing=$2400-4200

Not pennies at all

Also the The TMS episodes of Tiny Toons & Animaniacs are the pinnacle of well animated cartoons, not Batman.
Startoons says hi.
No, not at all.
Sunrise/SMIP did that episode, TMS put in alot more effort in Batman.
youtube.com/watch?v=ccC6LcqwS5Y
That is TMS.

Only Batman looked gorgeous, and only a few episodes had effort in them.

Avatar had more detail but Rough Draft was leagues better.

weeabo fag plz go away

Well, what era are we talking here because we literally have shows for decades that have had better animation than GF.

I love Metalocalypse but it's hilariously lazy-animated. Not as lazy as most of Adult Swim's shows, but aside from mass murder scenes, the animation is relatively simple and minimal in scenes.

That said, Venture Bros. has come a long way with animation.

bump